General Discussion of UK Politics

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2021, 8:50 am

Until Brexit takes back the power ......... and changes to 235 v 4 pin plug to be different from EU :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2021, 2:46 pm

rick wrote:
September 28, 2021, 5:35 am
Amusing to see the traffic jams of petrol.panic buyers. In some cases entry to supermarket shoppers has been blocked by petrol queues. One woman was crying because she had driven 200 miles trying to find petrol and had now run out. Err, you could have used that fuel for a more sensible trip!

Sometimes i think the Uk os a nation of idiots, governed by bigger ones.
Motorway service stations have always been prioritized and AFAIK, there are no shortages on the motorways. I am not sure which part of the UK this hapless woman lived in but it's highly unlikely to be 200 miles from the nearest motorway.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 28, 2021, 3:12 pm

Was driving on motorways (M25) on Sunday and one sign said diesel only, and o e other was shut. Off the m25 about 50% were closeed.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2021, 3:31 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 28, 2021, 7:37 am
having an EV has its benefits :lol:
But having a bloody brain is better!
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2021, 3:37 pm

rick wrote:
September 28, 2021, 3:12 pm
Was driving on motorways (M25) on Sunday and one sign said diesel only, and o e other was shut. Off the m25 about 50% were closeed.
I'm up in the northwest and the local, cheaper outlets are variously shuttered but it doesn't seem to be as panic stricken here as the southeast. I haven't ventured up the M6 since this kicked off. Still got a bit more than half a tank so not too worried but I have scrubbed my trip to catch up with friends in Reading for now.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2021, 4:03 pm

tamada wrote:
September 28, 2021, 3:37 pm
rick wrote:
September 28, 2021, 3:12 pm
I'm up in the northwest and the local, cheaper outlets are variously shuttered but it doesn't seem to be as panic stricken here as the southeast. I haven't ventured up the M6 since this kicked off. Still got a bit more than half a tank so not too worried but I have scrubbed my trip to catch up with friends in Reading for now.
Datz coz darn sarf one needs to purchase some fuel to enable one to get to one's place of employ, whereas up in the Norf West their unemployment giro cheques arrive by post innit:-k

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2021, 8:35 pm

Well a couple of years down the line ............

"

Post by AlexO » September 17, 2019, 9:24 am

saint wrote: ↑
September 17, 2019, 9:03 am
Maybe not , but certainly within a week things will be normal , unless of course the E U make it impossible .

And that gentlemen (including the upside down ones) is the crux of the matter. Just remember that the EU exports more to the UK than we do to them. If Macron and his bully boys start to become obstructive at border crossings then no doubt we will return the favour and who will be worse off? As stated previously the UK and the other EU states all trade with other Countries outwith the protectionist EU system pretty well seamlessly and without any gnashing of teeth etc its called WTO rules and does not cost billions to be a member of.

When are Bojo & his class of morons going to "take back control of our borders" then, as far as i'm aware no checks are being made on goods entering from EU, and people cant even get the stuff that's produced in UK

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 28, 2021, 10:54 pm

I filled my car up at Sainsburys in Whitby this afternoon, no problem.

Now I just have to find my way back to Hampshire.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 28, 2021, 11:06 pm

You should have contacted UM first ...... could have saved you a few miles ............. facebook post from a relative in Dorset yesterday .... "For those in need of petrol, we've just managed to fill up at Tesco Fleetsbridge, although there's no diesel. The queues were unexpectedly short at 9.15am. Good luck."

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » September 28, 2021, 11:54 pm

Well, I'm here now and it's only 5 hours to get home.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 29, 2021, 4:14 am

Don't you guys have a great railway and underground system that can get you from point A to point B? Use it and save the Planet from imminent destruction.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 29, 2021, 10:58 am

stattointhailand wrote:
September 28, 2021, 8:35 pm
Well a couple of years down the line ............

"

Post by AlexO » September 17, 2019, 9:24 am

saint wrote: ↑
September 17, 2019, 9:03 am
Maybe not , but certainly within a week things will be normal , unless of course the E U make it impossible .

And that gentlemen (including the upside down ones) is the crux of the matter. Just remember that the EU exports more to the UK than we do to them. If Macron and his bully boys start to become obstructive at border crossings then no doubt we will return the favour and who will be worse off? As stated previously the UK and the other EU states all trade with other Countries outwith the protectionist EU system pretty well seamlessly and without any gnashing of teeth etc its called WTO rules and does not cost billions to be a member of.

When are Bojo & his class of morons going to "take back control of our borders" then, as far as i'm aware no checks are being made on goods entering from EU, and people cant even get the stuff that's produced in UK
statto, that was written before anyone except those working in a Chinese Lab had heard of the Wuhan Virus. We never heard of any shortages (except bog paper) during the lock downs of both the the UK and the EU nations. What has become evident is that the EU is playing hard ball especially Macron with queues due to the French checking every item. Who can forget the Dutch confiscating a drivers lunchbox because he had ham sandwiches. There was always going to be teething problems and these have been multiplied by a factor of at least 2 by the consequences of the virus. If you read anything but the Guardian then you will know that there are as many fuel tankers on the road as there was last month and this supposed fuel shortage is being created by false info from the likes of the BBC (no surprise there) and the shortages are being caused by morons panic buying based on this false info. I for one never heard of 10's of thousands HGV drivers, meat processors etc going home to EU Countries before these shortages happened so that's a bit of a surprise. Perhaps now that the haulage companies are starting to pay decent wages UK nationals will take up the slack. As for protecting our borders, again Macron and his mob are allowing French gangsters to make fortunes in illegal people transportation knowing we will not use force to turn people around in case there is a risk to life. Just as an aside virtually every truck entering the UK is X-rayed and anything suspicious is stopped and search, otherwise they would be full of illegal invaders as well.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2021, 12:21 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 29, 2021, 4:14 am
Don't you guys have a great railway and underground system that can get you from point A to point B? Use it and save the Planet from imminent destruction.
Perhaps you missed a bit of info uncle, they Privatised the railways years ago, so now its an underfunded expensive pastime to travel by rail that has to be booked weeks/months in advance if you dont want to take out a second mortgage to buy the ticket =;

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2021, 12:31 pm

ok ..... NOW this is getting serious

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... s-football

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 29, 2021, 12:40 pm

Heres a quick YT vid from Andy the gabby cabby !! re the fuel shortage .. more so the current stuation why there is a shortage of HGV drivers DIRECT FROM AN HGV DRIVER and his experiences...thus problems ..n sorry Statto is nothing to do with Brexit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDDB5FAcMBs

Cancel the lower league season L2 and National ... the only way Scunny will NOT be relegated.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 29, 2021, 2:53 pm

^ Thanks for the whining HGV driver Twitter rebroadcast. I wonder why these hard done by lorry drivers didn't join Unite and get their poor wages, work conditions and other minor inconvenience sorted when they had the chance? Let me guess... maybe that was someone elses job? Too difficult? It's a pity but not entirely unexpected that Bojo's Clown Circus lacked the foresight to see that that the loss of 20% of the UK's Class 1 HGV drivers (those are the dirt cheap foreign ones) would only make a bad, pre-existing situation worse.

The root cause of the UK's current woe is a predominantly lazy and indolent ethnic white British-born work force that don't want to do anything that remotely smacks of a hard or honest days work. Whether this was initiated or simply propagated by the insidious creep of EU membership is neither here nor there but it's been at least 15 years since comedians STOPPED joking about Polish plumbers. All the while, the self entitled Brits were all happily living their dream of the affordable mortgage on 2-up, 2-down house in the suburbs, a nice SUV in the garage and a guaranteed two foreign holidays a year existence while a minority bludged it on benefits. It must be galling for Mr Angry idling away in his 2-hour queue for 20 quids worth of Super to find out that over 40% of the petrol station franchises are owned and operated by ethnic minorities and... immigrants. What was I saying about not being willing to do the dirty work?

Either way, now they've also got Covid to blame the effects of their own sloth and laziness on. All this while they angrily stand in their front gardens, pointing angrily at the immigrants crossing the channel in rubber boats and blaming them for these awful upsets to their comfy existence.

Yours etc,
Heated in Cleckheaton.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2021, 3:13 pm

Mr Gabby Cabby (weve got one of them :-k ) is perfectly right that being an HGV driver is not good whether you are in Britain/Germany/Holland/Poland etc etc, and nobody would disagree that there are problems in all other countries as well, and that there were serious problems BEFORE Brexit ....... the difference being that in all the other countries they have a Problem which needs solving, but it is only in Britain where they saw they had a PROBLEM, had Brexit and turned the PROBLEM into a CATASTROPHY =;

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2021, 3:16 pm

pipadoo
udonmap.com

Post by pipadoo » September 30, 2021, 12:25 am

Well done mophead
Attachments
C5AEBBCE-3A13-4E36-B19E-ECE16E8494F8.jpeg
30159AE3-6C77-4661-B2DB-2A0F8BD223AC.jpeg
DDC0D46A-1398-4D88-B607-C1545277F127.jpeg

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 30, 2021, 7:37 pm

Do you have an opinion of your own on UK politics, that can be expressed other than in cartoon-like memes?

Return to “U.K.”