General Discussion of UK Politics

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by GT93 » March 31, 2022, 11:14 pm

Very good.

We could extend this: Johnson observed the Covid restrictions to the best of his ability. Johnson understood Brexit to the best of his ability. Johnson is Prime Minister to the best of his ability ...

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 5, 2022, 1:40 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 29, 2022, 3:21 pm
Some geezer wearing red/white/black robe ........ can have a wild stab at who it might be, but would have been far easier if the picture was given a reference :-k
The Lebedev story is warming up. It might yet bite Johnson on the bum.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 5, 2022, 7:03 pm

GT93 wrote:
April 5, 2022, 1:40 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
March 29, 2022, 3:21 pm
Some geezer wearing red/white/black robe ........ can have a wild stab at who it might be, but would have been far easier if the picture was given a reference :-k
The Lebedev story is warming up. It might yet bite Johnson on the bum.
With the possible exception of Carrie, nothing will ever be allowed to bite Blojo's arse. It's essentially the same political vanity that enabled and continues to allow the mendacity of Trump.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2022, 7:54 am

What does this mean?

Rishi Sunak’s wife claims non-domicile status

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ile-status
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 7, 2022, 8:34 pm

queenie.png

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 8, 2022, 2:29 am

From the streets of Blighty:

What does this mean? Man bags in NZ by the end of this year? :shock: They're probably already very common in Sydney.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 9, 2022, 8:26 am

We are led to believe that the Chancellor's multi-millionaire wife has suddenly decided that forking out a trifling £30k a year to shield her millions from HMRC doesn't quite look right for her hubby. Especially when he's responsible for heaping more financial hardship on those that voted Tory (those that voted for other parties never mattered anyway).

The media has been in a bit of a froth over this ages-old "non-dom" resident status through the revelation of the tax breaks Mrs Murty was allowed to claim. I hope her sudden change of heart doesn't detract from the need for this tax loophole to be legislated out of existence. How many other wealthy foreigners are milking it? I wonder if there's any oligarchs on that list? Doesn't have to be foreigners either. Maybe Dyson moved more than just his factory to Singapore and for a mere thirty grand a year can carry on living in style at his 300 acre Dodington Park sprawl?

Oh yes, the Chancellor also had a US Green Card for a while after he moved into #11. It appears that this was surrendered AFTER the Americans advised him that he probably no longer qualified. The Tories? They didn't think it was notable at the time that the bloke they'd just given Britain's ATM card to had his foot (and that of his tax dodging wife) well planted in another country with a view to eventually living there. Never mind, I am sure they'll have enough silted away to buy a new one so they can live a low-tax retirement in their $6.5 million squat in Santa Monica.

How many more "after-the-fact" and "oops, sorry" moments of discovery and back pedaling can we expect from this shambles of shysters?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 10, 2022, 4:13 am

This is what you'd expect in a banana republic and not in a modern sophisticated country with a permanent seat at the UN Security Council. The friggin' Chancellor's missus is taking the piss.

I understand she's still entitled to this extremely generous gift from other British taxpayers but won't claim it. No wonder the UK is overrun with super dodgy Russians and Arabs. £30k is chicken shxt for these characters.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 10, 2022, 8:55 am

The Chancellor's people say these attacks are coming from #10 while Blojo's gang denies this and points a finger at the opposition Labour party whose leader isn't sharp enough to tie his own shoeslaces let alone capitalize on the Tories' internal squabbles.

Meanwhile, the serfs pay packets just dropped by about forty quid.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 13, 2022, 1:02 am

And no resignations:

It's difficult for foreigners to understand how these partying clowns can remain in office.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 13, 2022, 9:35 pm

They must be running round like headless chickens at Tory party HQ looking for a new slogan

"Bring back Beaver" still has the world confused, and the old faithful "Party of law and order" doesn't seem to be usable any more

Coming soon to a job centre near you ....... Pinocchio Johnson & Richie Rich Kid

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 14, 2022, 11:55 am

I find it really interesting that neither has resigned and their colleagues haven't pushed them out the door. Prince Charles and his mum look almost saintly compared to Johnson and co.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2022, 1:27 pm

Eloquently put, as usual.

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 14, 2022, 1:57 pm

I do wish sometimes he'd get off the fence and say what everyone is thinking

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 14, 2022, 9:48 pm

Loved the graphics on Phils latest video
bojopred.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2022, 10:39 pm

Marina's already got this covered.

Sexual assault: regrettable, but no impediment to a parliamentary career

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... nt-tory-mp
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 15, 2022, 10:51 am

Makes Profumo look like an angel.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 15, 2022, 12:38 pm

tamada wrote:
April 9, 2022, 8:26 am
We are led to believe that the Chancellor's multi-millionaire wife has suddenly decided that forking out a trifling £30k a year to shield her millions from HMRC doesn't quite look right for her hubby. Especially when he's responsible for heaping more financial hardship on those that voted Tory (those that voted for other parties never mattered anyway).

The media has been in a bit of a froth over this ages-old "non-dom" resident status through the revelation of the tax breaks Mrs Murty was allowed to claim. I hope her sudden change of heart doesn't detract from the need for this tax loophole to be legislated out of existence. How many other wealthy foreigners are milking it? I wonder if there's any oligarchs on that list? Doesn't have to be foreigners either. Maybe Dyson moved more than just his factory to Singapore and for a mere thirty grand a year can carry on living in style at his 300 acre Dodington Park sprawl?

Oh yes, the Chancellor also had a US Green Card for a while after he moved into #11. It appears that this was surrendered AFTER the Americans advised him that he probably no longer qualified. The Tories? They didn't think it was notable at the time that the bloke they'd just given Britain's ATM card to had his foot (and that of his tax dodging wife) well planted in another country with a view to eventually living there. Never mind, I am sure they'll have enough silted away to buy a new one so they can live a low-tax retirement in their $6.5 million squat in Santa Monica.

How many more "after-the-fact" and "oops, sorry" moments of discovery and back pedaling can we expect from this shambles of shysters?
Quick question Tam.
How much do you pay to UK tax man each year. I was the same, but never went into sanctimonious tirades about other people not paying.
PS.
I probably pay more in tax now I am retired than ever did since the early 2000's.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 15, 2022, 12:57 pm

AlexO wrote:
April 15, 2022, 12:38 pm
tamada wrote:
April 9, 2022, 8:26 am

Quick question Tam.
How much do you pay to UK tax man each year. I was the same, but never went into sanctimonious tirades about other people not paying.
PS.
I probably pay more in tax now I am retired than ever did since the early 2000's.
Maybe you should try a sanctimonious tirade yourself? Then you might get your head around the idea that its NOT about the paltry sums that you and I gift the Treasury but about the squillions that others with more money than the debt of a minor, third world country are NOT paying. This through the non-dom loophole that, after its introduction in colonial 1799 Britain, is now well beyond it's use-by date.

Here's your starter for ten.

Why does Senior Cabinet Office director Anand Aithal have non-dom status?

Bonus question.

How did Sajid Javid avail himself of non-dom status between 2000 and 2006?

PS: re-taxes, you and my dad both.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 15, 2022, 1:07 pm

I for one pay EXACTLY what I'm supposed to pay ..... no loopholes, no expenses, no special allowances, its what my pension is less the allowable free pay before tax, and I'm taxed on everything else, the same as I have been all my working/retired life. My tax and NI records have been kept up to date from the time I started work and at NO time have I ever tried to cheat/swindle my fellow citizens by not paying my fair share for the services that were being provided (schools/healthcare/etc) ....BTW I also had a valid road fund licence for my car/tv licence for my TV/and paid my 7/6d for my dog licence

Return to “U.K.”