General Discussion of UK Politics

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: General Discussion of UK Politics

Post by tamada » January 27, 2021, 9:07 am

I see Boris & Co., Ltd.. are into another episode of "deeply sorry" again.

Boris Johnson 'deeply sorry for every life that has been lost' to Covid

Prime Minister speaks of 'appalling and tragic loss of life' as Britain's pandemic death toll passes 100,000

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ost-covid/

The Covid "home internationals" table does make it look like the Tories are doing a stellar job of things. Serious contenders for the Covid World Cup I reckon. May even get into the semi's?
aa220ad.jpg
England dominates again...

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 27, 2021, 2:32 pm

Covid Internationals table -

Tam, that's hardly fair, we only just got the lead back from Wales, winner for the past 6 months!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » January 28, 2021, 6:46 pm

I'm pretty apolitical but, am getting fed up (again!) with the constant whining. Theres a refrain in the UK at the moment which is "what about me?". Everyone puts there own personal agenda forward as being the most pressing matter and most important thing to consider.

The latest is Labour's support for teachers being at the head of the next round of vaccines. Ridiculous.

This whole question of why the UK leads the way in deaths is answered partly by the Government being swayed by this attitude. Why didnt we close borders earlier? Simple, when it was mooted in March/April there was a massive outcry by airlines, holiday firms etc. This isnt a dig at the Tories. It strikes me the opposition would have been even more malleable.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 28, 2021, 11:42 pm

IN HINDSIGHT .. If the Uk had closed its borders totally at the outbreak of covid things would be way better ,,its an island .... they dint ... enuf said and all that followed is are lies n a shambolic mess to cover up the failings of the politicians and decision makers.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 26, 2021, 11:51 am

I am surprised you hadn't latched on to this one statto - another scathing indictment one could say.

For context, I came across this when reading an article on similar levels of dishonesty by Australia's current Prime Marketer.

I will post that separately on the "A little ray of sunshine from Australia" thread.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 27, 2021, 1:09 pm

Cummings ... :lol:

No big surprises.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 27, 2021, 2:14 pm

IMO .. in any other political time through history what Cummings bleated yesterday would have serious repercussions for any incumbent PM .. it may have dented some egos (Hancock) but for the most part it will be denied , forgotten and watter off a ducks back to Bojo n Co , at worst give a decimated Labour party some ammo briefly....

also im guessing many will see this as sour grapes from Cummings who really does come across as a bit of a weirdo...its its obvious hes still hurting cos Boris sided with Carrie and not him which was always gonna happen.

Boris got Brexit done =D> and now despite failings has a handle on the pandemic after swift procurement and roll out of vaccines =D> ..

No doubt our very own anti Boris / Tory stalwart Statto will get some mileage out of what as best is conjecture... he said she said stuff offering little proof.

DM

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 27, 2021, 3:22 pm

Cummings: many on Twatter were saying how the Media that previously slated him now lionised the former SPAD but I'd be interested in his roadmap going forward from yesterday. He'll probably write a book and wring as much as he can from all this. The Tories are good at back stabbing so I expect some retribution in the future.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2021, 12:41 pm

Shameful , disgrace .. disgusting .. just a few adjectives to describe the feelings on many as the UK media shy away from remembering the death of Lee Rigby and the Manchester concert bombings and London Bridge in the fear to stir the pot and be tagged racist .. WHY NO REMEMBERANCE SERVICE on the anniverary of these events ???

Cos IMO the UK media is so woke and way left its scared to get involved unless its an issue such as BLM and the female shot recently ..

DM

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 29, 2021, 5:41 pm

Take heart, things are changing, Andrew Neil's GB News starts in June and GMB have realised they really can't do without Piers Morgan since he left and their ratings plummeted. :lol:

https://www.gbnews.uk/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/15069799/pi ... turn-quit/

The great British (tabloid reading) public aren't as dumb as some believe.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2021, 6:08 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 29, 2021, 12:41 pm
Shameful , disgrace .. disgusting .. just a few adjectives to describe the feelings on many as the UK media shy away from remembering the death of Lee Rigby and the Manchester concert bombings and London Bridge in the fear to stir the pot and be tagged racist .. WHY NO REMEMBERANCE SERVICE on the anniverary of these events ???

Cos IMO the UK media is so woke and way left its scared to get involved unless its an issue such as BLM and the female shot recently ..

DM
Covid.

Next?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2021, 6:16 pm

tamada wrote:
May 29, 2021, 6:08 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Covid.

Next?
TTT

Thats TOSH Tam .. why would covid stop THE MEDIA giving these anniversaries some space on air or any other MEDIA platform .. i wasnt expecting anyone to throw a party just a respectful segment on the TV news etc .. but nothing ..
A DISGRACE thats what exactly the British media have become in the name of "" being politically correct""

DM

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » May 29, 2021, 6:37 pm

I think the term, 'politically correct' is obsolete now but something that the left wing hid behind in events leading up to George Floyd. These days, it's a visible left wing bias perpetuated by Unions, the Labour Party, the universities and the media (BBC, ITV and Sky). This is in opposition to the views of a populaution that gives the Conservatives in excess of an 80 seat majority in the House, the public don't buy Woke, whatever you're being told by the media.

leterry60614
udonmap.com

Post by leterry60614 » May 29, 2021, 6:41 pm

Short anecdote from my British expat friend. Upon entering his favorite restaurant last night in Mallorca, the owner parades through the restaurant shouting ‘the brexit people are back in the country!’ :D

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 29, 2021, 6:45 pm

I don't know this bloke. Yeah he's a journo. Seemed an interesting tweet. Does nobody care that this is where we are at with the UK government? Strange days.
Matthew Stadlen
@MatthewStadlen
·
1h
You have to sort of pinch yourself that we live in a country where the Prime Minister’s former most senior adviser has just said that Boris Johnson is unfit for the job and that tens of thousands died needlessly under his watch, and yet there are absolutely no consequences.
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2021, 7:04 pm

It's been like that ever since the "I'm alright Jack, s*d everyone else" crowd took over

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2021, 7:40 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 29, 2021, 6:16 pm
tamada wrote:
May 29, 2021, 6:08 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Covid.

Next?
TTT

Thats TOSH Tam .. why would covid stop THE MEDIA giving these anniversaries some space on air or any other MEDIA platform .. i wasnt expecting anyone to throw a party just a respectful segment on the TV news etc .. but nothing ..
A DISGRACE thats what exactly the British media have become in the name of "" being politically correct""

DM

Manchester remembered.

6 days ago — Manchester remembers and pays tribute to those killed in the Arena attack

The names of the 22 people who lost their lives in the attack were also read out at prayer service at Manchester Cathedral.

Rogers Govender, the Dean of Manchester, welcomed a small socially distanced congregation to the gathering which included relatives of those who died.

He described it as a "solemn day in the life of our city when we remember the lives of 22 beautiful people".

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2021-0 ... omb-attack

The City of Greenwich remembered.

The Royal Borough of Greenwich reached agreement with Rebecca and Lyn Rigby, the widow and mother of the late Fusilier Lee Rigby, to plant a memorial tree at the site of his murder.

The tree is dedicated to the Fusilier with a stone plaque which encourages anyone wishing to pay their respects to Lee to make a donation to three charities nominated by the family.

Note this last bit from Lee Rigby's family.

The family request that no flags or memorabilia be left on the site. Anyone who would like to commemorate Lee should make a donation to the Fusilier Aid Society, the Lee Rigby Foundation or Scotty’s Little Soldiers.

https://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/news/ ... y_memorial

I'll send over a box of Kleenex for you, OK?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2021, 8:05 pm

Earnest wrote:
May 29, 2021, 6:37 pm
I think the term, 'politically correct' is obsolete now but something that the left wing hid behind in events leading up to George Floyd. These days, it's a visible left wing bias perpetuated by Unions, the Labour Party, the universities and the media (BBC, ITV and Sky). This is in opposition to the views of a populaution that gives the Conservatives in excess of an 80 seat majority in the House, the public don't buy Woke, whatever you're being told by the media.
I hope so Earnest..

Tam your missing the point ... THE MEDIA failed to give these anniversaries any air time not the individuals you named who showed respect in numerous ways .. waiting on the kleenex ome in handy at the mo .. grab or Panda ??

DM

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 29, 2021, 8:33 pm

Must try these super-sized, capitalised and bolded posts.

Does it add more credibility to what you are writing - or does it just seem like you are shouting?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2021, 9:02 pm

Neither ...credibilty already i n tact and i gave up shouting yrs ago ..... just highlighting and clarifying my point ..sonetimes its nessesary when its missed or ignored ..... try it Jack ..next time your right abiut sonething and can back it up credibly :lol: .. weve got time

Btw .. there was not one mention of the anniversaries in the UK media ..fact

Dm

Return to “U.K.”