Welcome to the party party

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Welcome to the party party

Post by stattointhailand » April 13, 2022, 11:43 am

This incarnation of the Tories is no different to previous incarnations except for the fact that they dont even try to hide the fact that they are "screwing" everyone ....... in fact many dumb arsed Brits seem to think that not hiding the fact that they are crooks is something to be proud of ........ I suppose at least its one thing they are honest about

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 14, 2022, 12:53 am

I see that justice minister David Wolfson has resigned and he said Johnson's actions were “inconsistent with the rule of law”. =D>
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2022, 9:32 am

Most Brits want Johnson gone. The timing of his recent, rather pointless day trip to meet Zelenskyy in Kiev doesn't fool many.

https://on.rt.com/bvbu
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 14, 2022, 10:01 pm

A mate asked a question the other day, If Bojo and his mates were partying it up week after week during the lockdown ......... WHAT THE F*CK HAVE THEY BEEN UP TO WHEN THERE HASN'T BEEN A RAFT OF RESTRICTIONS :-k :-" :-&

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 20, 2022, 1:55 am

If asked, the British criminal's face might look like this:

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 20, 2022, 7:07 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 14, 2022, 10:01 pm
A mate asked a question the other day, If Bojo and his mates were partying it up week after week during the lockdown ......... WHAT THE F*CK HAVE THEY BEEN UP TO WHEN THERE HASN'T BEEN A RAFT OF RESTRICTIONS :-k :-" :-&
No political agenda because I couldn't give a stuff but, to answer your question, maybe they've been having a few beers, wines etc like most of the working population of the UK. The shock and hypocrisy of it all.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 20, 2022, 8:32 am

stattointhailand wrote:
Was that my starter for ten?

Easy answer: they're flat out circling the wagons and playing cover arse for the months when there WERE restrictions and they were out f*cking the dog. The suggestion that they're busy containing Kremlin expansionism or solving the boat people refugee crisis are the excuses being offered by "blue wall" Tory MP's who are about to go on the dole... sorry, "retire from politics."
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2022, 11:56 am

samster wrote:
April 20, 2022, 7:07 am
stattointhailand wrote:
No political agenda because I couldn't give a stuff but, to answer your question, maybe they've been having a few beers, wines etc like most of the working population of the UK. The shock and hypocrisy of it all.
So youre trying to tell me that since I retired the "working population of the UK" have all become a bunch of p/artists?
I can understand how some are being driven to drink seeing their standard of living eroded year after year, but I doubt that they could afford to go out for a "few beers or wines" too often.
Back in the day we had a group that did go out on the First Friday of the month. Each month a member would choose a fav pub and everyone (about 20 - 30) would try to attend no matter in what part of the country. Its inception was when we had a monthly meeting for work which would involve staff from Glasgow/Manchester/Crewe/Doncaster/York and London offices all taking it in turn to "host" the meeting and we went for a beer after the meeting finished. When the meetings were no longer needed we decided to continue having a meet up once a month as it gave us a chance to talk face to face with collegues (and visit some nice real ale pubs all over the country as well)

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 20, 2022, 1:57 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 20, 2022, 11:56 am
samster wrote:
April 20, 2022, 7:07 am
stattointhailand wrote:
So youre trying to tell me that since I retired the "working population of the UK" have all become a bunch of p/artists?
I can understand how some are being driven to drink seeing their standard of living eroded year after year, but I doubt that they could afford to go out for a "few beers or wines" too often.
Back in the day we had a group that did go out on the First Friday of the month. Each month a member would choose a fav pub and everyone (about 20 - 30) would try to attend no matter in what part of the country. Its inception was when we had a monthly meeting for work which would involve staff from Glasgow/Manchester/Crewe/Doncaster/York and London offices all taking it in turn to "host" the meeting and we went for a beer after the meeting finished. When the meetings were no longer needed we decided to continue having a meet up once a month as it gave us a chance to talk face to face with collegues (and visit some nice real ale pubs all over the country as well)
So Statts you were one of the 'lets travel for free, get our hotel bill and meal allowance plus incidentals (booze bill) paid and claim our salary for attending 'meetings' to discuss what, crowd?
That help keep down ticket prices for the travelling masses.!!!
The photo's I have seen of the Downing St. parties seem to show 4 people max at a table well separated at each table and tables at least 10m apart in the back garden of their place of work. All seemed to be seated and cannot see a sound system or any people up dancing so calling it a party is a bit of an exaggeration. No sound recording has been leaked to the gutter press so who knows if it was work the were discussing in an outdoor environment rather than in stuffy offices with obviously some wine and cheese as nibbles rather than coffee and biscuits.
Just remember that despite what Starmer and the other halfwit Blackford claim, the people who attended the party and have been fined for a misdemeanor as serious as a parking ticket and have no criminal record. Boris is not going to resign no matter how much the chattering/faux outrage masses stamp their little feet.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 20, 2022, 4:07 pm

Further comment probably not required.
How many parties did Downing Street have? All the alleged No 10 events as Boris Johnson faces calls to resign

https://inews.co.uk/news/downing-street ... gn-1400764

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2022, 4:59 pm

"So Statts you were one of the 'lets travel for free, get our hotel bill and meal allowance plus incidentals (booze bill) paid and claim our salary for attending 'meetings' to discuss what, crowd?
That help keep down ticket prices for the travelling masses.!!!"

only ever claimed travel expenses once, when I and my assistant had to fly to Glasgow. Every other meeting was attended by train at a cost of GBP 0:00p so the travelling masses could sleep easy. No hotel accommodation was involved except on a couple of trips to Manchester when I booked and paid for it myself to have a couple of days on the town with a few mates.

"The photo's I have seen of the Downing St. parties seem to show 4 people max at a table well separated at each table and tables at least 10m apart in the back garden of their place of work."

at a time when "meetings and get togethers" were banned 100%
Obviously none of these highly paid individuals were aware of video conferencing or perhaps the govt couldnt afford the equipment ...... although I'm sure one of their "doners" could have got it sorted for a few million of taxpayers money

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 20, 2022, 5:49 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 20, 2022, 4:59 pm

"The photo's I have seen of the Downing St. parties seem to show 4 people max at a table well separated at each table and tables at least 10m apart in the back garden of their place of work."

Obviously none of these highly paid individuals were aware of video conferencing or perhaps the govt couldnt afford the equipment ...... although I'm sure one of their "doners" could have got it sorted for a few million of taxpayers money
The quote of yours that I alluded to was "what have they been doing when there hasn't been a raft of restrictions"

Who gives a s*** if they weren't breaking the law? You accept that this was academic then and just an attempt to stir the pot?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2022, 6:31 pm

"The quote of yours that I alluded to was "what have they been doing when there hasn't been a raft of restrictions"

then why pray, did you refer to photos taken at the height of the restrictions?

"Who gives a s*** if they weren't breaking the law?"

But they WERE breaking the law when those photos were taken, and have had it proved

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 20, 2022, 6:42 pm

It was not a law, never signed off by HRM. It was a misdemeanor same as getting a parking ticket, which means you have no criminal record, you have just been a wee bit naughty. Starmer drinking beer and scoffing pizza in an enclosed office space with all his slave workers was hardly mentioned but having a 'cheese and wine' break in your office garden was equivalent to some of the most heinous crimes known to man? Get a grip.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » April 20, 2022, 6:54 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 20, 2022, 6:31 pm
"The quote of yours that I alluded to was "what have they been doing when there hasn't been a raft of restrictions"

then why pray, did you refer to photos taken at the height of the restrictions?
I didnt. Your suggestion was that they were daring to have fun pre Covid. Never mind, I really dont care.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 20, 2022, 7:01 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 20, 2022, 4:59 pm
"So Statts you were one of the 'lets travel for free, get our hotel bill and meal allowance plus incidentals (booze bill) paid and claim our salary for attending 'meetings' to discuss what, crowd?
That help keep down ticket prices for the travelling masses.!!!"

only ever claimed travel expenses once, when I and my assistant had to fly to Glasgow. Every other meeting was attended by train at a cost of GBP 0:00p so the travelling masses could sleep easy. No hotel accommodation was involved except on a couple of trips to Manchester when I booked and paid for it myself to have a couple of days on the town with a few mates.

So you travelled for free? Almost forgot that was a perk of the job and then a night on the bevvy in Glasgow etc did not involve a hotel but a free 1st class sleeper home, still the same. Did you ever disclose these perks to the taxman or was that not acknowledged as a taxable perk?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 20, 2022, 7:50 pm

Statto, it seems the minutiae of your travel allowance(s) can overshadow the 7, or is it 8, or 9 mainly illegal social events held at No 10, during the various lockdowns which impacted on the rest of the general UK population.

Talk about not seeing the woods for the trees. :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2022, 8:31 pm

I dont think old Alex understands how the rest live Jack.
My 1st class sleeper home from Manchester was catching 23:05 Man Pic to Man airport, a couple of hours kip at the airport before catching the 03:00 ish cross country back to Manchester Pic in time to connect with the 03:40 Man Pic to Euston.
Night out in Newcastle involved Newcastle to York
which connected with a service from York back to Newcastle
Then Newcastle to Leeds (on Manchester Airport service)
03:45 Leeds to Euston (cross London by tube to the office in time to shower and change for work)
If you were lucky the guard left the doors unlocked and you could get in the warm and sleep, if not Leeds station for 30 mins on a freezing Jan night at 3am is not a favorite place

And we had to declare our "perks" it was done by HR on our behalf whether we wanted them to or not

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 20, 2022, 9:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 20, 2022, 8:31 pm
I dont think old Alex understands how the rest live Jack.
My 1st class sleeper home from Manchester was catching 23:05 Man Pic to Man airport, a couple of hours kip at the airport before catching the 03:00 ish cross country back to Manchester Pic in time to connect with the 03:40 Man Pic to Euston.
Night out in Newcastle involved Newcastle to York
which connected with a service from York back to Newcastle

Then Newcastle to Leeds (on Manchester Airport service)
03:45 Leeds to Euston (cross London by tube to the office in time to shower and change for work)

If you were lucky the guard left the doors unlocked and you could get in the warm and sleep, if not Leeds station for 30 mins on a freezing Jan night at 3am is not a favorite place

And we had to declare our "perks" it was done by HR on our behalf whether we wanted them to or not
And all that toing and froing just to have a night on the piss, take my hat off to you but why would you go from get on trains that eventually took you back to your departure station (map would be handy). Maybe why Maggie sold the railways to intelligent business people. Your perks were free travel on all railways whether you used them or not. Sounds as if you were 'taking one for the team' attending these monthly meetings

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 20, 2022, 9:24 pm

Travelling back and forth in a nice warm train was a far better option than trying to find somewhere to sit for 3 or 4 hours on a cold platform out of the wind as most (not all) waiting rooms were shut and locked after midnight to prevent vandalism. Those that were open had the heating off by that time.
We had access to the "working timetables" so could plan well in advance. The morning train from Leeds to Euston for instance arrived in the platform about 40 mins before its departure and the power was switched on to warm the carriages whilst the driver/guard went to the staff room for a cuppa. When you got used to it you got plenty of sleep on trains and attending football/hockey or beer festivals in Manchester/York/Newcastle or Sheffield after a days work in London was quite common for many of us

Return to “U.K.”