Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: CharlesI

Post by Khun Paul » May 10, 2023, 6:59 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 9, 2023, 12:22 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
May 9, 2023, 7:02 am
Having waited ove 70 years to watch this, I did watch it all .Apart from one or two hiccups, a well p[lanned and executed event 70 years in the making and in my mind well worth the time spent.
To those who rubbish the celebration, the pagentry, the general feeling of happiness, I say look to your own countries, and stop trashing a country , just becasue you can.
Makes you all look petty and childish and certainly does no endear some to those who actually like being British .
I have seen so-called pagentry in other countries , from chewing gum officinardos to generally sloppy drills, I do think the British do put on a fine display ( I ay be slightly bias ). Challenge any oher countrry to put o a similar display with the same precision , not including those countries where military parades are the norm to show Power over the People
Agree KP

With regard to awesome pageantry at state funerals , royal weddings and coronations there are IMO only two nations that can top the bill ... Britain and Thailand , no bias at all my opinion is based on fact and experiences in both countries.

DM
Agee the difference being is hat in he UK the public are encouraged o turn up watch record and generally applaud, while in Thailand they are kept so far away and prostrate that only news cameras capture the event , public participation assumed ! So both are well done but only one is truly appreciated by the public.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 10, 2023, 8:52 am

Meanwhile in Trafalgar Sq
Nmd.png

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2023, 9:20 am

The only reason H came to the corro was to keep him and Markle and their brand semi relevant , he cut a lonesome figure mooching in the ceremony was sat behind Princess Anne and her large hat and was totally ignored by all except for Beatrice and her hubby, without the chance of that balcony appearance thus deciding to depart very swiftly even before the 3 cheers by the armed forces H was "" leaving on a jet plane"" citing Archies birthday as the perfect excuse....only the media noticed he was there ..oh and not wishing to miss out on a few dollars Dior who sponsored his attire.
Bridges well n truly burnt hopefully HnM will drift off into oblivion ...until the next book or chat show interview that is.
H chose the Hollywood life style over service but a lot depends how long it is before Meggy gets rid of ginger in her quest to be more relevant than Kate.

How true is that sign in the pic statts .. the jury is still out if theres a bit of Hewwit blood in there as DI did like a bit of man sausage so it seems. :shock:

A snippet for all the anti brigade

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/VcajYv-tBy8

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 10, 2023, 9:49 am

Lawdy, lawdy - UM's Palace Insider/Royal Correspondent + Celebrity Gossip Columnist, is doing some of his best work today. :shock:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 10, 2023, 11:39 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 9, 2023, 12:17 pm
Would be fitting if William is the last monarch in say 2066

Started with William 1066 so after 1000 yrs its pretty much run its race
Yes, the Great Norman individual, William the Conqueror from Normandy. But, was he the first? What about Æthelstan, surely he deserves a mention?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 10, 2023, 12:46 pm

Interesting take by Frankie Boyle

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » May 10, 2023, 1:45 pm

Charles Windsor has been crowned. Could we please have no more royalist propaganda?

Let Frankie Boyle have the last word.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 10, 2023, 1:59 pm

caducus wrote:
May 10, 2023, 1:45 pm
Charles Windsor has been crowned. Could we please have no more royalist propaganda?

Let Frankie Boyle have the last word.
Why should he have the last word?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2023, 2:07 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 10, 2023, 9:49 am
Lawdy, lawdy - UM's Palace Insider/Royal Correspondent + Celebrity Gossip Columnist, is doing some of his best work today. :shock:
Thanks Jack ..its my duty n service to keep all expats well informed. Its great to have a platform to spread the word so i hope the UM Charles thread keeps going on and on and on and on as my palace sauces are keeping me up to date constantly.

DM

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » May 10, 2023, 4:53 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Think you have found your calling DM. Can't wait for the follow up article.
Attachments
012674arry.jpg
Watch Me!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 10, 2023, 5:24 pm

Can you show the link to the Magazine?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2023, 6:06 pm

marjamlew wrote:
May 10, 2023, 4:53 pm
jackspratt wrote:
Think you have found your calling DM. Can't wait for the follow up article.
Marj ... my palace insider sauces are rarely wrong ... i could tell you stuff that would make you drip egg down yer singlet AGAIN and make yer mullet stand on end !!

DM

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 8:20 pm

100 million pound to celebrate a 74 year getting his first job as the boss, after living with his mother all these years.

Charlie is nothing special, he has a very ordinary intellect and he got the job without a competitive selection process.

Too silly for words.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 10, 2023, 8:53 pm

I wonder how many Black, ethnic minority or disabled people they were forced to interview before making the appointment? Surely not one rule for us .............

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 9:03 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 10, 2023, 8:53 pm
I wonder how many Black, ethnic minority or disabled people they were forced to interview before making the appointment? Surely not one rule for us .............
Very sexist stat.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “U.K.”