all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

Post by Kenr6583 » December 24, 2021, 2:44 am

Well the Test and Go has been suspended except for those who have already received their QR Codes and are fully vaccinated. Everyone else must quarantine upon their arrival into Thailand until further notice.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 24, 2021, 8:06 am

Unless one is Phuket sandboxing, the AQ will be either 7, 10 or 15 days.

To be reviewed again on 4 January.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 24, 2021, 9:00 am

tamada wrote:
December 22, 2021, 7:39 am
The UK is reducing the home isolation period for omicron-positive test fails from 10 days to 7 days.

Panic over, get back to bloody work.
The UK has 106000 +ve in ONE DAY ............ work from bloody 'ome, and Rule Number ONE .... No Poofters or was that Christmas Parties? :-k

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 21, 2022, 5:53 am

It looks like the Test and Go is coming back February 1st, with a few tweaks.

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » January 27, 2022, 8:10 pm

Anyone able to explain the logic behind the hotel return on the 5th day? Absolutely bonkers!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 27, 2022, 8:27 pm

Totally bonkers. I can only think that the honesty system of the previous TP system where one either self-tested or went to a designated hospital for an RTK test after five days, was abused or otherwise failed. Maybe they ran out of free RTK test kits? If it's because of omicron, it still doesn't make sense. Neither does making the second test a PCR test. If I was outside and planning a return, I would wait until they drop this second hotel visit nonsense.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » January 27, 2022, 8:33 pm

I have flights booked for April as my son hasn't visited family for several years now. I'll do whatever the rules require as there are SHA+ hotels in Udon so it could just be a night in a hotel there on day 5. However, I don't see the benefit since we could isolate in our house and would only be with the same family we'd spent the previous days with.

No doubt there will several rule changes before I travel though!

TIT!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 27, 2022, 10:19 pm

Yes, there doesn’t seem to be much logic behind the second test, but it is what it is I guess.

April-May, maybe a few months later, is my projected time to finally get there for good. Hopefully there will be fewer steps in the process.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 27, 2022, 10:58 pm

May be its not really for people in Udon etc but more for BKK or more popular locations where there may be 10 or 20 tests at the same hòtel that would require one visit to deliver the results rather than to 20 addresses Bkkwide

msa
udonmap.com

Post by msa » January 28, 2022, 2:11 am

Are there any SHA+ hotels in udon?
Don’t worry about tomorrow. Today is terrifying enough.
I never forget a face, but in your case I can do an exception.

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » January 28, 2022, 3:07 am

There's a few listed on Agoda with SHA Plus+ shown such as Centara, Pannarai etc. They'd be daft not to offer that if more people are going to be forced into an extra night in a hotel in any region.
When I've looked at prices for test and go hotel rooms in Bangkok for one night the prices for 7 nights in Phuket aren't a great deal more.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 28, 2022, 7:30 am

neeemu wrote:
January 28, 2022, 3:07 am
There's a few listed on Agoda with SHA Plus+ shown such as Centara, Pannarai etc. They'd be daft not to offer that if more people are going to be forced into an extra night in a hotel in any region.
When I've looked at prices for test and go hotel rooms in Bangkok for one night the prices for 7 nights in Phuket aren't a great deal more.
Yes, but the criteria for AQ qualification is "within 5 hours by road from the entry airport". That's how Chonburi and Rayong qualify. If push came to shove and I had to re-enter urgently, I would book a couple of AQ nights in the ghost Pattaya City. First two nights in Pattaya, catch up with some mates then off down the coast for the remainder and test #2. Then home.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » January 28, 2022, 1:53 pm

I'm sure I read the rules set to start 1st Feb mean the day 5 stay can be anywhere. The image I posted doesn't state that so we'll see.
If you are allowed to stay in Udon for day 5 it's not like you have to head straight from the airport as with the day 1 stay so just find out what the latest covid test time is and go to the room after then. No point checking in early!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 28, 2022, 2:15 pm

I have done 35 days in hotel isolation, and I think the Thais are taking a good approach..
Hell I cant even get back home downunder even if I wanted too, and thats with two jabs.
the isolation thing is as much for your benefit, as for those you come in contact with, such as your Thai family, and old Papa...I would never have forgiven myself if I had brought the lurg with me, and given it to old Papa, and he fallen ill and karked it..So I reckon just do the time, then everyone knows where they stand..

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » January 28, 2022, 3:00 pm

I don't think anyone has issue with the initial quarantine. It's the leaving quarantine after a negative test then having to quarantine again on day 5 that is confusing people. You'll have been in contact with people for 3 or 4 days potentially anywhere in the country. Imagine if that day 5 test is positive, you could easily assume you'd contracted covid from a native but you'd be the one thrown into a quarantine hotel for a week.

The rules aren't set in stone yet as far as I know so common sense may prevail but TIT after all! Like I say I'm set on my son visiting family in April so will comply with whatever rules are in place at the time to ensure that is possible.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 28, 2022, 3:10 pm

neeemu wrote:
January 28, 2022, 1:53 pm
I'm sure I read the rules set to start 1st Feb mean the day 5 stay can be anywhere. The image I posted doesn't state that so we'll see.
If you are allowed to stay in Udon for day 5 it's not like you have to head straight from the airport as with the day 1 stay so just find out what the latest covid test time is and go to the room after then. No point checking in early!
Yes, the day 5 AQ hotel and test can be anywhere there's an AQ hotel that's been booked and prepaid BEFORE getting the TP. I guess you can fly back down and check-in any time you want. They will test you and stick you in your room until the result comes back. Based on my experience of a mid-morning test result being available same evening, you may want to check out at that time but if you're not in Udon, you would probably still need a room for that night and head home the following day.

There are no AQ (alternative quarantine) hotels in Udon. AQ is not the same as SHA+plus which simply means they've been audited and are compliance with Covid prevention protocols. AFAIK, the AQ hotels are still only in Bangkok, Chonburi, Rayong, maybe Chantaburi and the sandboxes.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 28, 2022, 3:22 pm

neeemu wrote:
January 28, 2022, 3:00 pm
I don't think anyone has issue with the initial quarantine. It's the leaving quarantine after a negative test then having to quarantine again on day 5 that is confusing people. You'll have been in contact with people for 3 or 4 days potentially anywhere in the country. Imagine if that day 5 test is positive, you could easily assume you'd contracted covid from a native but you'd be the one thrown into a quarantine hotel for a week.

The rules aren't set in stone yet as far as I know so common sense may prevail but TIT after all! Like I say I'm set on my son visiting family in April so will comply with whatever rules are in place at the time to ensure that is possible.
With regard to catching it on your 5-day walkabout, maybe they are putting more faith in the app that they will set up on your phone at AQ1 and have running when you check out and move around over the next five days? Regardless, you are right and if you test positive on AQ2, you will be whisked off to a hospitel regardless if you hatched omicron on your own or caught it on your travels. Since it takes 5-days to manifest, chances are you imported it.

If I had at-risk family back here in Udon, I would probably do the 5-day regime in Bangkok before heading north.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 28, 2022, 7:54 pm

The following from Richard Barrow's latest letter from Thailand may answer why the day 5 test at a hotel is required.

Q: Why do we have to book SHA++/AQ/OQ/AHQ accommodation for the 2nd test?
A: There have been many cases of travellers not waiting for their test results. It will be more efficient and quicker if people stayed in hotels that have a partner hospital that does the test.

Looks like some people couldn't do as they were told when they got the first TP. The 5th day RTK test of the previous TP relied on people complying with the terms of getting the TP. They either binned the RTK test or didn't bother going to a hospital with the pink slip they got from the hotel for the RTK test. Whether some will skip the new 5th day hotel test and go after they've paid for it remains to be seen.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 28, 2022, 9:03 pm

Wouldn't like to explain to immigration when trying to leave Thailand why they still have aday 5 test booking for me that was still outstanding

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 28, 2022, 10:14 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
January 28, 2022, 9:03 pm
Wouldn't like to explain to immigration when trying to leave Thailand why they still have aday 5 test booking for me that was still outstanding
No linkage between health ministry and immigration. The UK is the same probably like most other countries? Either you're honest or you are irresponsible.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”