all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: all about the new "Thailand Pass" starting november 1, 2021

Post by stattointhailand » January 28, 2022, 11:16 pm

Then how pray are the immigration officers in Phuket finding out who has tested +ve and requires their visas to be extended whilst in their slammer hotels?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 29, 2022, 9:26 am

stattointhailand wrote:
January 28, 2022, 11:16 pm
Then how pray are the immigration officers in Phuket finding out who has tested +ve and requires their visas to be extended whilst in their slammer hotels?
Sandbox rules? Tighter controls than regular Test & Go on arrival at BKK.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » February 6, 2022, 1:29 pm

With the new entry rules to Thailand of two PCR tests in a hotel on day one and day five does anyone know of hotels in Udon providing this service. Looking for one for the day 5 test. Don't want to hang around Bangkok for the 5 days and it would be a bit costly to fly to Udon after day one test and fly back to Bangkok for day five one. Any information on hotels in Udon or maybe even Khon Kaen or Nong Khai would be very much appreciated.
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Post by TheSportsBar » February 6, 2022, 1:46 pm

Kosa in KK does it according to Thaiest Web Site, just in the process of sorting out my Thai Pass now.

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » February 6, 2022, 2:59 pm

Thanks for that Dave you might post an update on how you get on booking the Hotel....Im sure the info would be beneficial to others also....many thanks..
We don't stop playing because we grow old we grow old because we stop playing......"George Bernard Shaw"...

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 7, 2022, 1:49 am

This is from Stickman's 6 February 2022 column:
I was chatting with my old friend Big Greg, of Sunrise Tacos fame. Greg is one of the founders of Bangkok Community Help Foundation which amongst other things has been helping expats and tourists coming to Thailand. The problem some people entering Thailand have is testing positive for Covid when in fact what the test discovered was an historic infection – and they are not actually infected with Covid. Greg explained to me that many countries use quantitative PCR testing, whereas Thailand uses qualitative PCR testing and sets the threshold cycle to run over 40 times. To try and make sense of what this means, imagine looking for a drawing of a squirrel on the massive Night Watch painting by Rembrandt. It probably would not take that many cycles for a computer to spot the squirrel. But let’s say you were looking for a tiny mosquito. It might take 30 or 40 cycles zooming in. Each cycle increases the power exponentially. Thailand’s Covid testing can pick up dead / inactive cells as it test 40 cycles while many countries test far fewer. The net effect of this is that many people arrive in Thailand with a negative test from their homeland because their country was looking for the squirrel, yet when they get to Thailand they test positive because Thailand is looking for a mosquito! These travellers need someone to help explain to the hotel clerk and hospital as the ambulance is on its way to pick them up from their hotel and take them to hospital. More about the testing differences here. In these cases, Nina and Greg can talk to the hospital on the person’s behalf and following that conversation the person is almost always free to go. For those who have previously tested positive and are traveling to Thailand, it is a big help to have a letter of recovery along with the original PCR positive test from your home country.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » February 7, 2022, 7:41 am

Not sure if it's been raised here, if anyone is after up to date information on the Thai pass and your on Facebook then join the page 'Thailand Reopening'. All your answers and queries will be answered unless your a Paul.

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Post by TheSportsBar » February 8, 2022, 2:59 pm

Kosa hotel 1,400 a Night Twin Share if there is 2 of you with Breakfast and PCR Test 3,000THB per Person and 500 Baht processing fee through Ratchaphruek Hospital, so for myself its 4,900 THB, there are a few other Hotels that will be Cheaper but Kosa is Central for a Few Beers and a Feed before getting Locked in for the Evening.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 8, 2022, 3:06 pm

^ looks like a winner, thanks for the update.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » February 8, 2022, 3:47 pm

Thanks for the update and information Dave...beats having to go back down to Bangkok...

TheSportsBar
udonmap.com

Post by TheSportsBar » February 8, 2022, 3:54 pm

I have heard but not Confirmed Centara will be on Board soon with BKK Hospital, PCR Tests there were 6K i think, i had last 2 PCR Tests at AEK 4500, will wait and see on next Fly In Trip after this one.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 8, 2022, 4:59 pm

TheSportsBar wrote:
February 8, 2022, 3:54 pm
I have heard but not Confirmed Centara will be on Board soon with BKK Hospital, PCR Tests there were 6K i think, i had last 2 PCR Tests at AEK 4500, will wait and see on next Fly In Trip after this one.
Bangkok Hospital's 6000 baht is for a travel PCR. When I asked them why it was way more expensive than last year, they claim they run all tests twice "due to false positives". They only charge 4000 baht for a PCR test ahead of any medical procedure. However, if you say you don't need the certificate, it's only 1900 baht and nobody mentions false positives.

You would think AEK would be better placed to offer AQ as they have their own apartments already. Maybe they aren't SHA Plus+ though and the cost of getting some of those approved and staffed aint worth it?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 8, 2022, 8:02 pm

A friend of mine contacted Centara directly today on this very matter and was advised to try Siam Grand. When contacted, the latter said yes but without giving details beyond that bookings needed to be done direct and not via the various AQ websites or hotel aggregator websites.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » February 9, 2022, 7:17 am

Thanks for the update gents...thats good news...looking positive..I suppose at least one Udon hotel had to start providing the services owner or later. ...I think booking direct with hotel would be my preferred option in this situation anyway rather than going through the hotel booking sites...

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » February 9, 2022, 7:29 am

Just a bit of information about the PCR Test for travel.... Udon General Hospital do them for 2970 baht...go early in morning and you collect result same evening...process takes around an hour so longer than BK Hospital but less than half the cost

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » February 9, 2022, 7:35 am

1644366269454.jpg

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » February 9, 2022, 7:50 am

Have used the Udon General Hospital twice for PCR travel test...tests taken by English speaking nurses..very good service tests back later the same day...test centre is located on the outside of hospital... directly across from the main roundabout entrance into Nong Prajak Park...situated in the carpark area

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 9, 2022, 9:37 am

nmcd1649 wrote:Have used the Udon General Hospital twice for PCR travel test...tests taken by English speaking nurses..very good service tests back later the same day...test centre is located on the outside of hospital... directly across from the main roundabout entrance into Nong Prajak Park...situated in the carpark area
Good news for a cheaper service and well worth investigating.
Did they provide the travel letter for overseas flights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nmcd1649
udonmap.com

Post by nmcd1649 » February 9, 2022, 10:31 am

A separate letter 'Fit to fly' letter isn't provided but, there's enough information on the PCR test report, which was deemed acceptable at Suvarnabhumi check-in counter. Along with PCR the Airline asked for my vaccine certificate....once they viewed both...I was granted permission to fly.....

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 10, 2022, 4:18 pm

Here's an option for day #5 test and go in Udon.
2022_02_10 15_19 Office Lens.jpg
Siamgrand day 5 test & go
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”