Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by tamada » January 25, 2023, 1:46 pm

^ Non-subscription Spotify works.

Ta
tam

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 26, 2023, 5:57 am

https://aseannow.com/topic/1284504-covi ... -tourists/

Vaccine centres to open in each Province

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 13, 2023, 9:58 am

deankham wrote:
January 9, 2023, 10:47 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
January 8, 2023, 5:32 pm
If you are fully vaccinated you can enter.
If you are not fully vaccinated you need a negative test.
Proof that you have recovered from Covid within the pat 7-90 days.

It doesn’t matter where your flight originates, you need 1 of the 3 listed above to enter starting Monday.
Hi Ken,

Are you sure about your second line? I did not see this option mentioned anywhere?

Thanks
Hello. I apologize for not responding sooner, haven’t been on here for awhile and didn’t notice the this question you asked, I wasn’t evading or ignoring your question. I’m sure you know by now that’s all of that is irrelevant now. Take care.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » February 13, 2023, 1:09 pm

Thanks Ken. Yes seems it never came to anything.

I've not heard any updates since the Chinese started arriving back in Thailand. Covid still under control? No mass outbreaks?

Was talking to an Aussie guy who said you can now get your 5th shot in Oz!? Where I am they seem to have given up at shot number 3. They did invite certain high risk groups to get a 4th for a while but all very quiet now.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 13, 2023, 1:36 pm

I wonder by now if the majority of people have been exposed to Covid, I know I have had several very close exposures without knowingly caught it. Has the much talked about 'herd immunity' finally begun to be a factor? Several epidemiologists have suggested that herd immunity comes into play once 70% of the population acquires immunity.

Only 76,000 new cases in the world, 12th February 2023, compared to more than 2M a day for 12 Feb 2022.

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+n ... e&ie=UTF-8
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 13, 2023, 2:53 pm

deankham wrote:
February 13, 2023, 1:09 pm

I've not heard any updates since the Chinese started arriving back in Thailand. Covid still under control? No mass outbreaks?

Was talking to an Aussie guy who said you can now get your 5th shot in Oz!? Where I am they seem to have given up at shot number 3. They did invite certain high risk groups to get a 4th for a while but all very quiet now.
When China was going to allow their citizens to travel abroad again, I believe it was February 6th, Thailand had issued some mandates for entry, but it never went into effect. It was only a day or two later of announcing these mandates that they did away with them, prior to February 6th.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 13, 2023, 3:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 13, 2023, 1:36 pm
I wonder by now if the majority of people have been exposed to Covid, I know I have had several very close exposures without knowingly caught it. Has the much talked about 'herd immunity' finally begun to be a factor? Several epidemiologists have suggested that herd immunity comes into play once 70% of the population acquires immunity.

Only 76,000 new cases in the world, 12th February 2023, compared to more than 2M a day for 12 Feb 2022.

https://www.google.com/search?q=covid+n ... e&ie=UTF-8
Difference in the 2022 and 2023 numbers is most countries over the last year have stopped reporting their numbers
ie China still only 500k total
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 13, 2023, 7:16 pm

Most countries? America, UK, Canada, France, Germany, India, Brazil, Japan, Spain Italy, Pakistan, Chile, Korea, Thailand, Indonesia? Most countries?

I would suggest a number of countries rather than most. However, instead of arguing the toss, do you seriously doubt that covid numbers seem to be falling.

Now it is obvious to everyone on this forum if I say black you always say white, a 100% record of being oppositional, ignore the facts just automatically post a contrary position.

So let's look at countries that do report, every single one of them, without exception is seeing new infection numbers falling.

Doesn't that tell you something?
Last edited by Whistler on February 13, 2023, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 13, 2023, 7:21 pm

Yep, the govts are fiddling the figures in the same way they do the Unemployment numbers

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 13, 2023, 7:26 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 13, 2023, 7:21 pm
Yep, the govts are fiddling the figures in the same way they do the Unemployment numbers
All governments are fiddling numbers? What about those countries where reporting is done INDEPENDENTLY from any government control?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 13, 2023, 8:02 pm

The biggest difference between Feb 2022 and Feb 2023 is the amount of testing that was done which is not done now

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 13, 2023, 8:24 pm

noosard wrote:
February 13, 2023, 8:02 pm
The biggest difference between Feb 2022 and Feb 2023 is the amount of testing that was done which is not done now
Your source?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 13, 2023, 8:59 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 13, 2023, 8:24 pm
noosard wrote:
Your source?
My Misses for one. 12 months ago if anyone in the extended family so much as sniffed or sneezed she was out buying a test kit, ........ then it was better safe than sorry, which I could understand as she ended up in hospital twice.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 13, 2023, 9:36 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 13, 2023, 8:59 pm
Whistler wrote:
February 13, 2023, 8:24 pm
noosard wrote:
Your source?
My Misses for one. 12 months ago if anyone in the extended family so much as sniffed or sneezed she was out buying a test kit, ........ then it was better safe than sorry, which I could understand as she ended up in hospital twice.
If reported cases dropping 26 fold was the only indication, I see your logic, but deaths have dropped by roughly the same rate. The reduction in both reported new infections, and reported deaths is pretty much on par with reported cases worldwide, not just in China or the other countries that no longer report on Covid incidents, but worldwide. In the case of the UK, reported cases dropped from 80,000 a day to 3,000 a day, deaths from 148 a day, to pretty much single figures. This is not a testing issue or a reporting issue, these are figures from the NHS.

So if reported infections and reported deaths have dropped close to 30 times lower, I would suggest that Covid is on the retreat.

Unless you and noo can come up with a counter argument on infections and deaths, I will stick to my conclusions in my initial post.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 13, 2023, 9:51 pm

K P ... K P .. wake up this thread needs your concise accurate critic .. but please try not to be anti Thai as i think the Thias handled covid magnificently .. YES ?

back in the real worlsd a biz colleague in Bkk just survived a heart attack the Doc sais .. quote since covid vaccines the heart attack rate has gone through the roof .. theres another to get yer false teeth into !!

Was we a;l spoon fed a load of bollocks to reduce and distort the worlds population by China and other powers in the course or world domination ..

DM .. been watching the movies again
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2023, 4:34 am

Camilla's just tested positive.

A friend of mine in the US saw it sweep through their household of five. Ten days on, she's still testing +ve.

It's not over, not by a long chalk.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 14, 2023, 7:22 am

It never will be Tam, one thing is for sure , once the genie is out of the bottle so to speak, you can no longer contain it. Like all other illnesses that are contained/controlled by ensuring vaccination it will forever be on the list of a must have Jab required to maintain reasonable health. As we grow older we slolwy enter the High At Risk scenario, and therefore anything to aid continued living is better than like many stick your head in the sand and HOIPE it does not get you.

Time and time again we see resurgences of illnesses that are now surfacing because sadly many of the immigrants into Western countries have NOT had the normal mandatory jabs most children get tend therefore illnesses including POLIO are resurfacing .
I ecently heard of a Mother complaining that her young daughter had chicken pox and that the doctors could do nothing, and blaming the medical system for allowing this to happen, when in fact she had REFUSED to have her daughter vaccinated . Her daughter apparantly died
The Moral is, if one is offred take it, as Like in the story the only person to blame is yourself`.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 14, 2023, 8:53 am

deankham wrote:
February 13, 2023, 1:09 pm

Although three shots (full vaccination + booster) seems to be the "standard" in most jurisdictions, the NHS in the UK have already stated that those over 60 or immunodeficient should have obtained their fifth shot by now. It's only "quiet" for the youngsters.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 14, 2023, 9:02 am

Whistler wrote:
February 13, 2023, 9:36 pm

If reported cases dropping 26 fold was the only indication, I see your logic, but deaths have dropped by roughly the same rate. The reduction in both reported new infections, and reported deaths is pretty much on par with reported cases worldwide, not just in China or the other countries that no longer report on Covid incidents, but worldwide. In the case of the UK, reported cases dropped from 80,000 a day to 3,000 a day, deaths from 148 a day, to pretty much single figures. This is not a testing issue or a reporting issue, these are figures from the NHS.

So if reported infections and reported deaths have dropped close to 30 times lower, I would suggest that Covid is on the retreat.

Unless you and noo can come up with a counter argument on infections and deaths, I will stick to my conclusions in my initial post.
Not disagreeing covid numbers have been reduced, in infections that kill
but this doen't mean it has gone away vaccines and immunity from this variant are working

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”