Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

mak
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by mak » February 3, 2020, 8:45 am

"Thai doctors have seen success in treating severe cases of the new coronavirus".
No need to restrict flights from China then. Looks like the PM is right, not to worry, the situation is well in hand.
Good, one less thing to worry about.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 3, 2020, 9:04 am

mak wrote:
February 3, 2020, 8:45 am
"Thai doctors have seen success in treating severe cases of the new coronavirus".
No need to restrict flights from China then. Looks like the PM is right, not to worry, the situation is well in hand.

:shock: :shock:

Well done to the Thais Docs who have succeeded where others have failed .

Chinese tours back on all smiles again in Patts

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 3, 2020, 9:30 am

Actually it was the Chinese that tried this cocktail, the Thai doctors decided to try it. With some limited success, most of the deaths are attributed to other reasons not just the virus, breathing problems, general ill health and other factors not helped by catching the virus. It is after all a virus that basically attacks the respiratory system leading to Pneumonmia and other like problems. The average healthy person,. who keeps clean, maintains a healthy lifestyle will suffer normal FLU like symptoms and get over it. However currently in Thailanbd there is ASir Quality problems and colds and flu generally running around, all of which is out of control of the normal person who has to deal with this daily.
basic health provisions, wash hands, use tiissues , keep hydrated and well lubricated ( water ) . Most people will survive without any real after affects.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 3, 2020, 12:02 pm

mak wrote:
I would wait a month or so before saying we are out of the woods with this.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 3, 2020, 3:13 pm

This I am sure will drag on and on, until we get to the Rainy season I should think . Changeable weather is not good for combating viruses, one minute wonderful weather the nhext cool and wet, makes for a recipe for problems a cold becomes worse and just using Air-c0on does nothing, good fresh air ( if possible ) helps

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 4, 2020, 12:47 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 3, 2020, 9:04 am
mak wrote:

:shock: :shock:

Well done to the Thais Docs who have succeeded where others have failed .

Chinese tours back on all smiles again in Patts

DM
Not quite. Buddy of mine reporting that he was able to park kerbside right outside his favorite massage and jerk-polishing enterprise on Second Road for the first time in about 8 years.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 4, 2020, 4:18 am

Pakistan has rescinded their China flight ban after only 3 days. Watch as more Beijing-friendly nations follow suit.

In the meantime, the coronavirus mortality rate has just passed that of the SARS outbreak so another significant benchmark passed.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » February 4, 2020, 8:53 pm

Our doctor in the States is advising us to go back home just in case things get bad. The wife has chronic asthma and has to take ventilator treatments and I have a compromised immune system (Shingles). Doc said if the wife contracted Coronavirus it would be really bad. The doctor also said "if it gets bad there then it will be too late".
Is anyone else in the "when/if to go home" situation?

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 4, 2020, 9:14 pm

Anyone else notice that more and more people are wearing masks in Udon?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 4, 2020, 9:36 pm

I believe all governmental departments have been instructed to wear them , Immo , PEA etc ..also the banks have advised staff to wear them ... i was in the K bank yesterday and a customer was told to remove his face mask when he went in , he was wearing a base ball cap as well and did resemble an armed robber... sji mask n sawn off maybe but he was a grab driver delivering lunch so not really a threat ..was he ?

dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 4, 2020, 11:18 pm

Just a Gee Wiz, both SARS and MERS are coronavirus. The current one is officially called 2019 Novel Coronavirus or 2019-nCoV for short

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 5, 2020, 2:20 am

tamada wrote:
February 4, 2020, 4:18 am
Pakistan has rescinded their China flight ban after only 3 days. Watch as more Beijing-friendly nations follow suit.

In the meantime, the coronavirus mortality rate has just passed that of the SARS outbreak so another significant benchmark passed.
Interesting how China has locked down 60 million people but still want the airlines to continue flying in and out of China.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 5, 2020, 5:14 am

jai yen yen wrote:
February 5, 2020, 2:20 am
tamada wrote:
February 4, 2020, 4:18 am

Interesting how China has locked down 60 million people but still want the airlines to continue flying in and out of China.
Considering how the Wuhan police went to great lengths to seek out, detain and threaten the eight online 'troublemakers', some of whom were doctors working within the emerging crisis, for posting simple warnings to their close circle of WeChat friends back in December that went viral, it's not hard to see that their government doesn't really give a ---- about their own people, let alone the foreigners they are exposing to risk.

I worked in mainland China for the best part of 8 years during Zhao Ziyang's free-market reforms and burgeoning western-style enlightenment and before he was dropped in the ---- when Hu Yaobang popped his clogs. He was sh!tcanned, the old guard closed ranks and his successor thus earned the sobriquet 'Butcher of Beijing'. The current leadership, or the cult of Xi, are themselves getting old and ignoring their own relatively recent history, once again struggling with their relevance to a younger, far more enlightened population. It's not all about the great unwashed having nice apartments and cars and high speed trains and Starbucks on The Bund in Shanghai.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 5, 2020, 6:22 am

NongKhaiLee wrote:
February 4, 2020, 8:53 pm
Our doctor in the States is advising us to go back home just in case things get bad. The wife has chronic asthma and has to take ventilator treatments and I have a compromised immune system (Shingles). Doc said if the wife contracted Coronavirus it would be really bad. The doctor also said "if it gets bad there then it will be too late".
Is anyone else in the "when/if to go home" situation?
I don't live in Thailand but I have been thinking about this from another angle as I have a step-grandson in Udon with Thalassemia (he doesn't make good red blood cells). This Coronavirus might be devastating for people with Thalassemia.

It's quite possible that in 2 or 3 months Thailand will be in China's current position with the Coronavirus. I think if the virus gets established in Thailand the Thais will struggle to deal with it. Meanwhile the planes are still flying in every day from China ...
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 5, 2020, 4:27 pm

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » February 5, 2020, 6:11 pm

Looks like the Brits may have made a breakthrough

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ronavirus/

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 6, 2020, 7:05 am

Chuchi wrote:
February 5, 2020, 6:11 pm
Looks like the Brits may have made a breakthrough

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... ronavirus/
Yup, a breakthrough with something that can be tested on animals and hopefully go to clinical trials on humans in the "summer". Even if successfully trialed on people it will be the end of the year before the green light to start producing sufficient quantities for the general public. So we have to put up with this great unknown virus for at least another 10 months and if it mutates in that period we are back to square one.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 6, 2020, 12:35 pm

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » February 6, 2020, 2:15 pm

I have just been reading there are zero bookings from China and the head of Thai Tourism has now admitted this is the worst impact on Tourism with 80% drop in Tourist that will cost up to 9 Billion in lost revenue. Please remind me when i posted years ago that if the Thai tourist Board do not start looking after there tourists they will lose in the end. I posted about the Scams the double pricing our safety and the way we are treated. Some members on here called me a doomsday merchant and a Thai hater, well who is laughing now tourists staying away, westerners ignored, Chinese and Indians preferred above everyone else now its all crashed on there heads and there blaming the Coronavirus and the Baht for there woes. They have always and will not listen, buried there heads in the sand. Instead of what we were telling them. Now hotel staff and ALL other tourism industry workers will pay for TaT'S mistakes with there jobs gone, and i suspect they will have to pick rice again as there are no Tourists.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » February 6, 2020, 4:52 pm

Thanks...good info!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”