Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by NongKhaiLee » February 17, 2020, 9:11 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 11, 2020, 10:17 am
I'll be flying out of here on February 27th to Pattaya. I'll be flying Eva to Taiwan then BKK. Has anybody been through Taipei the last couple weeks? If so, is it chaotic because of the situation? How about BKK?
I was wondering the same thing because I am due to fly out in three weeks. I see that some South Korean airlines are restricting flights to and from Thailand, one of the leaders in a Thai tourist association said in an article that he believes Taiwanese Airlines are going to follow suit.
So far it seems japan is a safe bet, but it would seem prudent to keep in tune as to restrictions being put into place on flights from Thailand.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 17, 2020, 9:38 am

NongKhaiLee wrote:
February 17, 2020, 9:11 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
February 11, 2020, 10:17 am
I'll be flying out of here on February 27th to Pattaya. I'll be flying Eva to Taiwan then BKK. Has anybody been through Taipei the last couple weeks? If so, is it chaotic because of the situation? How about BKK?
I was wondering the same thing because I am due to fly out in three weeks. I see that some South Korean airlines are restricting flights to and from Thailand, one of the leaders in a Thai tourist association said in an article that he believes Taiwanese Airlines are going to follow suit.
So far it seems japan is a safe bet, but it would seem prudent to keep in tune as to restrictions being put into place on flights from Thailand.
South Korea is also doing the same thing for Japan from what I read. I've been keeping an eye on EVA airlines website and they have not printed anything about canceled flights in or out of Taipei except for China, Hong Kong, and Macau. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Not sure about Taiwan following suit. They're upset at the Philippines for canceling their flights in and out of Taiwan

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2020, 1:24 pm

President Trump has lavished praise on Chinese President Xi Jinping for his handling of the growing coronavirus outbreak — a posture some in his administration are growing increasingly uncomfortable with as his advisers remain concerned about China’s lack of transparency and handling of the epidemic.

Worries about rattled financial markets and their effect on the economy as well as the delicate negotiations with China over a trade deal — a key to Trump’s reelection — have played a large role in influencing the president’s friendly posture toward China over the deadly coronavirus, according to several senior White House and administration officials. Trump has heralded Xi’s leadership and “discipline” in responding to the outbreak.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

Oh Buddha. I hope Trump is focusing appropriately on the health issues rather than the politics. American and non-American lives are at stake.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 17, 2020, 7:38 pm

Have just read in the Bangkok Post that a Deputy PM has suggested that the Songkran idiocy be extended for another 2 days to make it a 9 day holiday. (so people will spend more over the extended holiday to help tourism) Given that there is a worldwide virus pandemic looming and a real extended drought happening over most of Thailand's farming areas, this must go down as the most inane suggestions/idea's ever. The Countries where most sane people go to, to get away from Songkran must be clapping their hands.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 18, 2020, 10:31 am

Head of Wuhan hospital who caught coronavirus is 'still having treatment' say health officials - after Chinese media reported he DIED

Sooooo..Who is telling " Porkies " ??

www.dailymail.com.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 18, 2020, 5:24 pm

“Liu Zhiming, the director of Wuhan Wuchang hospital, died at 10.30am this morning after resuscitation efforts failed,” reported the China Central Television’s microblog.

Confirmation also emerged of the death of Xu Depu, the former director of the Ezhou city Chinese medicine hospital in Hubei province, from the virus on Thursday last week.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 19, 2020, 7:58 am

AlexO wrote:
February 17, 2020, 7:38 pm
Have just read in the Bangkok Post that a Deputy PM has suggested that the Songkran idiocy be extended for another 2 days to make it a 9 day holiday. (so people will spend more over the extended holiday to help tourism) Given that there is a worldwide virus pandemic looming and a real extended drought happening over most of Thailand's farming areas, this must go down as the most inane suggestions/idea's ever. The Countries where most sane people go to, to get away from Songkran must be clapping their hands.
And waste more of the water in short supply....MORONS!

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » February 19, 2020, 8:01 am

Here is one of the many interesting and informative articles discussing the many aspects of this CV19 virus pandemic.

https://youtu.be/ReMCn4GsviM

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » February 19, 2020, 9:09 am

AlexO wrote:
PM seems to have quashed that idea
https://api.cxense.com/public/widget/cl ... aXheITfEU0

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 19, 2020, 10:55 am

Aardvark wrote:
February 19, 2020, 9:09 am
AlexO wrote:
PM seems to have quashed that idea

I would like to say. Yes for once, common sense is shown by someone in the upper reaches of Thai Governance and that even the Master could see how stupid this suggestion was. But then I wake up and know that TIT :-"

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 19, 2020, 1:31 pm

A 10 minute video covering the virus
In layman's terms also

https://www.facebook.com/BusinessInside ... 419817580/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 22, 2020, 2:31 am

South Korea is now at risk from the Coronavirus. Is Thailand ready for this kind of response?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » February 22, 2020, 11:33 am

Thanks Doodoo

In layman's terms also (see his link a couple of posts up)

I made the mistake of scrolling down past the video and have just wasted 3 hours looking at all the others. Marvellous!!
I must get out more!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 22, 2020, 11:49 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 19, 2020, 1:31 pm
In layman's terms also

https://www.facebook.com/BusinessInside ... 419817580/
Excellent vid Doodoo ,,thanks for posting it.

Noted ref governments introducing travel bans which are really of little help .. only giving the impression the governments issuing are seen to be doing something.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » February 22, 2020, 6:37 pm

I'm flying through China on my way to Thailand soon so if anyone wants to build up their immune system I'll pay you a visit for the price of a bottle of Leo.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 22, 2020, 6:42 pm

This is not good news.
Fears coronavirus quarantine regime is compromised as 27 day incubation period detected in man in China's Hubei Province

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-22/ ... 9/11991604
:shock:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 22, 2020, 7:48 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 22, 2020, 6:42 pm
This is not good news.
Fears coronavirus quarantine regime is compromised as 27 day incubation period detected in man in China's Hubei Province

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-22/ ... 9/11991604
:shock:
I refer the RHG for Bang Dung of my earlier post .. ITS BASICALLY A SIMILAR VIRUS TO SARS , MERS etc .. INFLUENZA VIRUS kills way way more as per the fatality percentage.

More scare tactics now as to the incubation period ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 22, 2020, 8:08 pm

It's not a matter of fatality rates.

The yearly influenza outbreaks around the world (while serious, and with acknowledged higher mortality rates) do not shut down hundreds of flights per day, have countries refusing to accept cruise ships, and pax from China, and have people in isolation and quarantine around the world.

If those isolation/quarantine periods need to be extended beyond 14 days, it has a huge knock-on effect, for those who have already been "cleared", for those currently there, and those who will invariably follow.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 22, 2020, 11:03 pm

People keep comparing the flu to this new virus. What they are not thinking about is how bad it has been in China, much worse than any flu and the fact that it could get that bad anywhere else. This is still in the early stages and growing. I think in a year from now we will see how bad this is going to be. I have never in my life seen the degree of effort to combat a flu or virus like what is happening today.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » February 24, 2020, 10:43 am

jai yen yen wrote:
February 22, 2020, 11:03 pm
People keep comparing the flu to this new virus. What they are not thinking about is how bad it has been in China, much worse than any flu and the fact that it could get that bad anywhere else. This is still in the early stages and growing. I think in a year from now we will see how bad this is going to be. I have never in my life seen the degree of effort to combat a flu or virus like what is happening today.
I agree, there are a lot of people saying that everything is being blown out of porportion, that it's not as bad as the flu. But I believe that many countries are under-reporting their cases, some unintentionally. As far as transmission goes, this thing looks way scarier than the flu, and if it's got the experts worried, then that's enough for me.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”