Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by 747man » January 31, 2020, 4:35 pm

2 Patients in the U.K Have now tested POSITIVE with the Wuhan Coronavirus,They are now in the care of The NHS...

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 31, 2020, 6:55 pm

I'm just guessing that all dental clinics in China are closed for a while.

There's an interesting piece in the NYT from an American who's lived in China for the past 20 years.....now living in Beijing....pretty much under lockdown conditions.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/30/opin ... e=Homepage

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 1, 2020, 8:45 pm

FB_IMG_1580564548952.jpg

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » February 1, 2020, 9:29 pm

There are many you tube videos criticizing the Chinese government's handling of the Coronavirus crisis. Some go beyond the state failures and assess how the Chinese people and their culture and traditions increase the potential for spreading this disease.

The ordinary people in China do not use soap and rarely wash their hands. There is no soap in the public toilets and probably not in their homes. They accept spitting in all public areas as a traditional good health practice. There is a total lack of any good hygiene practices in the wet markets where most purchase food daily. There is no quality control over the source of food, handling, packaging, etc. This is a small part of the disgusting and deplorable state of Chinese hygiene.

I have walked through many Thai wet markets without paying much attention to the lack of good hygienic practices, but suspect that it is similar to the Chinese markets. Think from now on I will give a pass to all that is offered by these or sidewalk food vendors in Thailand and pay the higher prices at Thai grocery stores. AND I will rinse whatever vegetables or fruit I purchase.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 2, 2020, 7:37 am

TJ
For a better solution, rinsing your vegetables wont amount to much
To disinfect/remove pesticides from vegetables you have best wash in water and vinegar or baking soda and water
Here is a ink that may help
https://food.onehowto.com/article/how-t ... -3485.html

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 2, 2020, 9:22 am

I was informed last night that the virus originated directly from a wild food market in Wuhan , locals cooking selling and eating wild animals with infections .. bats in soup n snakes were mentioned .. i had not heard that previously.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 2, 2020, 9:38 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 2, 2020, 7:37 am
TJ
For a better solution, rinsing your vegetables wont amount to much
To disinfect/remove pesticides from vegetables you have best wash in water and vinegar or baking soda and water
Here is a ink that may help
https://food.onehowto.com/article/how-t ... -3485.html
Morning folks !

My rinse-to-go is hydrogen Peroxide 3 % mixed with plain water,we wash our veggies in that.Also use it when your throat feels bad,gum infections..and more.Very cheap product and very good anti bacterial/fungus remedy.

Have a great day in a not-so-good air we have today.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 2, 2020, 9:40 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 2, 2020, 9:22 am
I was informed last night that the virus originated directly from a wild food market in Wuhan , locals cooking selling and eating wild animals with infections .. bats in soup n snakes were mentioned .. i had not heard that previously.

DM
That is a bunch of crap. This is a tailored bio-weapon plain and simple. Wuhan is home to China’s only bio-safety level four super laboratory that works with the world’s most deadly pathogens including coronavirus. How it got out is anyone's guess.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » February 2, 2020, 9:51 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 2, 2020, 9:22 am

DM
DM, quite by chance I watched a movie last week which was released in 2009 called Contagion. Never heard of the movie before but quite a lot of tier one stars in it. It was quite eerie how close to the present outbreak being experienced from it all starting in China, with bats and live animal food markets all in the story line. Obviously a dramatisation of a fictional scenario but 'so close' to what is happening just now. Just wonder if the rumours about bats etc are being copied from this film or if there is any real evidence to support the theories.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » February 2, 2020, 9:51 am

Thanks for the tips on cleaning vegetables and fruit.

I found that an ultrasonic cleaner may be used for this purpose which can also be used to clean a great many things.

A search is in order to find more information and recommendations.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2020, 9:53 am

anefarious1 wrote:
February 2, 2020, 9:40 am

That is a bunch of crap. This is a tailored bio-weapon plain and simple. Wuhan is home to China’s only bio-safety level four super laboratory that works with the world’s most deadly pathogens including coronavirus. How it got out is anyone's guess.
:shock:

Of course you have links to a few credible sources for that startling allegation. :-k

Please share with us.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 2, 2020, 10:27 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 2, 2020, 9:53 am
anefarious1 wrote:
February 2, 2020, 9:40 am

:shock:

Of course you have links to a few credible sources for that startling allegation. :-k

Please share with us.
It is no more speculation than the so called "wet market" theory.

The Washington Times reported Friday that a former Israeli military intelligence analyst on the Chinese biological arms program said it is possible the disease escaped from one of two Chinese research facilities that are linked to China’s covert biological weapons program.

The Wuhan Institute of Virology National Biosafety Laboratory is China’s sole declared facility capable of conducting research on deadly viruses, including severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). China declared a second laboratory, the Wuhan Institute of Biological Products, as part of biological warfare research under the Biological Weapons Convention.

The US State Department said in a report last year that it suspects China is working covertly on offensive biological weapons in violation of the convention.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2020, 10:48 am

The Washington Times (which is a lot different beast in terms of credibility to the Washington Post) is speculating.

Your post was was more definitive ie alleging the speculation is a fact.

It could possibly be true, but a lot more evidence would be required to avoid dismissing it as fake news.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » February 2, 2020, 11:11 am

Some say it’s been around for a while.
Even labeled on disinfectant bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 2, 2020, 11:37 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 2, 2020, 10:48 am
The Washington Times (which is a lot different beast in terms of credibility to the Washington Post) is speculating.

Your post was was more definitive ie alleging the speculation is a fact.

It could possibly be true, but a lot more evidence would be required to avoid dismissing it as fake news.
Ok I agree but they'd prefer to tell you wet market instead of bio-weapon so consider that!

The following is a lot to take in but very much worth reading:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... -bioweapon

There is data that indicates it is man-made.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » February 2, 2020, 1:00 pm

Bong Heads.
Attachments
Bong.png

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 2, 2020, 1:10 pm

Hmmm.....
- Zero Hedge, a financial blog that rose to popularity in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, was permanently suspended from Twitter for what the platform deemed as spreading misinformation over the Wuhan coronavirus.

- The site has been described as "far-right" and "pro-Trump" after it was first established as a strong voice offering counter-culture takes in finance and politics.

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-is- ... ion-2020-2

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 2, 2020, 3:37 pm

A 44 year old man from Wuhan has died from the Coronavirus in the Phillipines making him the first victim outside China.
It is believed he had a pre-existing medical condition.A 38 year old woman from Wuhan remains in quarantine in Manila.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 2, 2020, 3:41 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 2, 2020, 1:10 pm
Hmmm.....
- Zero Hedge, a financial blog that rose to popularity in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, was permanently suspended from Twitter for what the platform deemed as spreading misinformation over the Wuhan coronavirus.

- The site has been described as "far-right" and "pro-Trump" after it was first established as a strong voice offering counter-culture takes in finance and politics.

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-is- ... ion-2020-2
Zerohedge is a blog for wealthy cynical smart folks. Fox News and many other mainstream media outlets are for dummies. Being banned by Twitter is a badge of honor.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 2, 2020, 5:09 pm

A 3rd Confirmed case in The U.K, A Chinese Soldier in The West Midlands.....

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”