Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by vincemunday » February 8, 2020, 5:41 pm

Doesn’t look good

Coronavirus: Footage shared of patients 'held in quarantine' in Wuhan https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51420920

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 8, 2020, 7:19 pm

This is all normal, nothing to see here, I truly hope this is fake news.

https://nationalfile.com/video-chinese- ... ng-inside/
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2020, 8:00 pm

vincemunday wrote:
February 8, 2020, 7:19 pm
This is all normal, nothing to see here, I truly hope this is fake news.

https://nationalfile.com/video-chinese- ... ng-inside/
Pretty good chance of that.
Overall, we rate National File an extreme right Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy website based on the promotion of unproven/debunked claims and a Strong Pseudoscience purveyor based on using junk science to support claims.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/national-file/

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 8, 2020, 8:25 pm

Jai Yen

Now you are switching your story

You have gone from "It is Chinese that are spreading the virus."
TO
" The vast majority of people leaving China are Chinese and the virus originated in China."
Big difference when you are expressing fact/opinion.

One more thing. why quarantine Thai evacuees from China for 2 weeks and allow Chinese tourists to cruise through the airport into the general population?
You need to tell us

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 8, 2020, 10:55 pm

Doodoo wrote:
February 8, 2020, 8:25 pm
Jai Yen

Now you are switching your story

You have gone from "It is Chinese that are spreading the virus."
TO
" The vast majority of people leaving China are Chinese and the virus originated in China."
Big difference when you are expressing fact/opinion.

One more thing. why quarantine Thai evacuees from China for 2 weeks and allow Chinese tourists to cruise through the airport into the general population?
You need to tell us
Well DoDo, I will try to explain it a little simpler for you. The virus originated in China where primarily Chinese live. Therefore the vast majority of people leaving China will be Chinese and therefore spreading the virus. Of course there are other races in China working or visiting and they can spread it as well. I can not explain why a country would quarntine their own citizens which have been brought back and not the mass's of people travelling on their own from China to Thailand. Canada is doing the same. Those people travelling on their own are just as likely to be infected and no heat gun will detect the virus unless you are sick at the time. Meanwhile you can carry the virus for 14 days with no symptoms and still spread it.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » February 8, 2020, 11:02 pm

I have a UK National work colleague and friend currently stuck in Wuhan he's been told they will be there till June. He was offered the chance to escape with his wife but his step daughters of many many years weren't allowed to go to. He couldn't see his family being split apart and they have stayed as a family unit locked down. He is a great bloke and we are all worried about him but he is taking it well. Our company have backed him and we sending him work to keep his mind sane and to keep an income going

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 10, 2020, 4:23 pm

Looks like the UK Govt are taking the threat quite seriously.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-s ... y-11930575

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » February 10, 2020, 7:54 pm

Now on Sky, who do we believe? China?

Coronavirus: Residents dragged from flat

https://news.sky.com/video/share-11929579

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » February 10, 2020, 11:19 pm

vincemunday wrote:
February 10, 2020, 7:54 pm
Now on Sky, who do we believe? China?

Coronavirus: Residents dragged from flat

https://news.sky.com/video/share-11929579
Vince

Where I worked in China there was a massive gas leak government said 200+ died true figure was 100 times more. Do people really think they are telling the true figures involved here absolutely no chance

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » February 10, 2020, 11:31 pm

From what I have seen in the videos coming out of China, IMO the treatment of the Chinese people by their government has been detestable, irresponsible, and inhumane. As I remember the one-child policy, I can't help but think that the communist leaders are using this crisis as an opportunity to reduce the population in China. I wouldn't put it past them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 11, 2020, 5:46 am

TJ
" I can't help but think that the communist leaders are using this crisis as an opportunity to reduce the population in China. I wouldn't put it past them."

I dont really think these deaths (at present 910) would make a dent in China's population of 1,437,193,162. Even if all of the presently infected 40,300 died still it is pittance

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 11, 2020, 5:58 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 11, 2020, 5:46 am
TJ
" I can't help but think that the communist leaders are using this crisis as an opportunity to reduce the population in China. I wouldn't put it past them."

I dont really think these deaths (at present 910) would make a dent in China's population of 1,437,193,162. Even if all of the presently infected 40,300 died still it is pittance
Even 1 million deaths would be less than .1% of their population.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 11, 2020, 6:28 am

jai yen yen wrote:
February 8, 2020, 12:25 am
Doodoo wrote:
February 7, 2020, 2:36 pm
Many countries nave not restricted people from travelling from China It is not just the Chinese that maybe spreading this virus as some may believe. It is PEOPLE no matter what nationality and to point out that it is the Chinese is incorrect and racists The virus is not selective as some people would indicate
Of course anyone who leaves China now can carry the virus, Chinese or not. The vast majority of people leaving China are Chinese and the virus originated in China. These are not racist statements, just facts. Another fact for you. Thailand is the second most likely country in the world to get this virus after China. This is because of the amount of cases Thailand has and the large amount of Chinese tourists that are being welcomed into the country with only a heat scan at the airport which does not detect the virus if a person is a carrier with no symptoms. One more thing. why quarantine Thai evacuees from China for 2 weeks and allow Chinese tourists to cruise through the airport into the general population? Dumb and dumber, hey lets make a movie.
You can rant all you want about Thailand either encouraging Chinese to come or not prohibiting Chinese from entering since the Chinese government themselves have blocked most overseas travel for their own.

"China has stopped all outbound tour groups from leaving the country in a bid to halt the spread of coronavirus and encouraged citizens to reconsider travelling abroad."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... m-hotspots

There is no 'vast majority' or 'large amount' of Chinese tourists coming here as you allege. Your unscientific and scare-mongering claim that "Thailand is the second most likely country in the world to get this virus after China" is all in your head. Yes, the Thai government is inept in not exercising caution but in light of the vast decrease in visitors from China and in deference to what is probably significant pressure from a very rich and influential, indigenous Sino-Thai lobby, I doubt they had any other option.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 11, 2020, 6:44 am

TJ wrote:
February 10, 2020, 11:31 pm
From what I have seen in the videos coming out of China, IMO the treatment of the Chinese people by their government has been detestable, irresponsible, and inhumane. As I remember the one-child policy, I can't help but think that the communist leaders are using this crisis as an opportunity to reduce the population in China. I wouldn't put it past them.
Why would China, or any other country for that matter, want to consciously reduce their own population? When it comes to fake news, that's right up their with DJT's former consigliere Steve Bannon touting the already debunked theory that the coronavirus 'leaked' from a nearby secret Chinese government bio-weapons research facility.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2020, 6:48 am

We can talk all we like about the inept Chinese or even the Thai Government, scare-mongering will always be the way people attempt to get their message across.
INTELLIGENT people read ALL the available news and health warnings and make their own minds up, there is a risk certainly like crossing the road here always a risk, especially in large cities and towns. It is not Rocket Science to work out how to remain healthy although judging by some remarks it would seem to be.
Coronavirus can cause Pneumonia which can lead to Death , drinking 8 pints a day can Kill you, but factually not many die from drinking alcohol ( Liver failure etc is the normal cause ) equally true not many die from the virus it is the underlying health of the infected person that determines whether they live or die .
So bottom line, keep clean, take care and always carry tissues and wash your hands , something I was taught as a child , many seem to have forgotten the advice given when you were a child. Plus never ever stick your fingers in your mouth and nose , but amazingly I see all nationalities throw caution to the wind when they come here.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 11, 2020, 6:56 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 11, 2020, 5:58 am
Doodoo wrote:
February 11, 2020, 5:46 am
TJ

Even 1 million deaths would be less than .1% of their population.
During the 2017/2018 flu season in the United States, 79,400 people died from influenza related illness.

During the 2018-2019 flu season in the United States, 61,200 people died from influenza related illness.

Is the United States trying to reduce its population by killing its people?
Last edited by Kenr6583 on February 11, 2020, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » February 11, 2020, 7:15 am

tamada wrote:
February 11, 2020, 6:28 am
jai yen yen wrote:
Doodoo wrote:
Many countries nave not restricted people from travelling from China It is not just the Chinese that maybe spreading this virus as some may believe. It is PEOPLE no matter what nationality and to point out that it is the Chinese is incorrect and racists The virus is not selective as some people would indicate
Of course anyone who leaves China now can carry the virus, Chinese or not. The vast majority of people leaving China are Chinese and the virus originated in China. These are not racist statements, just facts. Another fact for you. Thailand is the second most likely country in the world to get this virus after China. This is because of the amount of cases Thailand has and the large amount of Chinese tourists that are being welcomed into the country with only a heat scan at the airport which does not detect the virus if a person is a carrier with no symptoms. One more thing. why quarantine Thai evacuees from China for 2 weeks and allow Chinese tourists to cruise through the airport into the general population? Dumb and dumber, hey lets make a movie.
You can rant all you want about Thailand either encouraging Chinese to come or not prohibiting Chinese from entering since the Chinese government themselves have blocked most overseas travel for their own.

"China has stopped all outbound tour groups from leaving the country in a bid to halt the spread of coronavirus and encouraged citizens to reconsider travelling abroad."

There is no 'vast majority' or 'large amount' of Chinese tourists coming here as you allege. Your unscientific and scare-mongering claim that "Thailand is the second most likely country in the world to get this virus after China" is all in your head. Yes, the Thai government is inept in not exercising caution but in light of the vast decrease in visitors from China and in deference to what is probably significant pressure from a very rich and influential, indigenous Sino-Thai lobby, I doubt they had any other option.
The vast majority of tourists to Thailand are Chinese. Fact. Many still came after the outbreak. Fact. The first country to report a coronavirus case outside of China was Thailand and the country with the most cases again is Thailand although that may change. The university of Southampton has a research team that claims Thailand is the most likely place to catch the virus outside of China. Not my words. Google it and do some research like intelligent people do.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » February 11, 2020, 7:36 am

jai yen yen wrote:
February 11, 2020, 7:15 am
tamada wrote:
February 11, 2020, 6:28 am
jai yen yen wrote:
Doodoo wrote:

The vast majority of tourists to Thailand are Chinese. Fact. Many still came after the outbreak. Fact. The first country to report a coronavirus case outside of China was Thailand and the country with the most cases again is Thailand although that may change. The university of Southampton has a research team that claims Thailand is the most likely place to catch the virus outside of China. Not my words. Google it and do some research like intelligent people do.
Actually you are wrong. Singapore has 45 confirmed cases, Thailand has 32 confirmed cases.

BTW I did Google it 21 minutes after your post.
Last edited by Kenr6583 on February 11, 2020, 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » February 11, 2020, 7:39 am

tamada wrote:
February 11, 2020, 6:44 am
TJ wrote:
February 10, 2020, 11:31 pm
Why would China, or any other country for that matter, want to consciously reduce their own population? When it comes to fake news, that's right up their with DJT's former consigliere Steve Bannon touting the already debunked theory that the coronavirus 'leaked' from a nearby secret Chinese government bio-weapons research facility.
HUH?? Why is smoking legal, drinking legal, spraying toxic pesticides legal???? Of course countries are complacent in the death of their citizens.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 11, 2020, 7:58 am

It just aint Thailand as some people point out

"As Chinese health officials fight to contain a coronavirus outbreak that has sickened nearly 6 000 and killed more than 130, British researchers have mapped out which international cities are most vulnerable to its spread.

While the greatest risk for infection with what is now dubbed 2019-nCoV are the cities of Bangkok, Hong Kong and Taipei, that doesn't mean other cities around the world are safe.

New York City and London are among the 30 cities most likely to see coronavirus infections, according to a team of experts in population mapping (known as WorldPop) at the University of Southampton in the United Kingdom.

The three countries/regions worldwide most at risk are Thailand, Japan and Hong Kong. The United States is 6th on the list, Australia is 10th and the United Kingdom is 17th."

https://www.health24.com/Medical/infect ... d-20200130

So don't keep on saying Thailand didn't do this Thailand doesn't do that .Repeating a Quote "Google it and do some research like intelligent people do."

And as Kenr posted after 21 Googles
"Actually you are wrong. Singapore has 45 confirmed cases, Thailand has 32 confirmed cases."

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”