Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post Reply
jai yen yen
udonmap.com
Posts: 1174
Joined: August 13, 2009, 8:35 am
Location: Canada, Hua Hin

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by jai yen yen » February 11, 2020, 8:00 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
February 11, 2020, 7:36 am
jai yen yen wrote:
February 11, 2020, 7:15 am
tamada wrote:
February 11, 2020, 6:28 am
jai yen yen wrote:
February 8, 2020, 12:25 am
Doodoo wrote:
February 7, 2020, 2:36 pm
Many countries nave not restricted people from travelling from China It is not just the Chinese that maybe spreading this virus as some may believe. It is PEOPLE no matter what nationality and to point out that it is the Chinese is incorrect and racists The virus is not selective as some people would indicate
Of course anyone who leaves China now can carry the virus, Chinese or not. The vast majority of people leaving China are Chinese and the virus originated in China. These are not racist statements, just facts. Another fact for you. Thailand is the second most likely country in the world to get this virus after China. This is because of the amount of cases Thailand has and the large amount of Chinese tourists that are being welcomed into the country with only a heat scan at the airport which does not detect the virus if a person is a carrier with no symptoms. One more thing. why quarantine Thai evacuees from China for 2 weeks and allow Chinese tourists to cruise through the airport into the general population? Dumb and dumber, hey lets make a movie.
You can rant all you want about Thailand either encouraging Chinese to come or not prohibiting Chinese from entering since the Chinese government themselves have blocked most overseas travel for their own.

"China has stopped all outbound tour groups from leaving the country in a bid to halt the spread of coronavirus and encouraged citizens to reconsider travelling abroad."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... m-hotspots

There is no 'vast majority' or 'large amount' of Chinese tourists coming here as you allege. Your unscientific and scare-mongering claim that "Thailand is the second most likely country in the world to get this virus after China" is all in your head. Yes, the Thai government is inept in not exercising caution but in light of the vast decrease in visitors from China and in deference to what is probably significant pressure from a very rich and influential, indigenous Sino-Thai lobby, I doubt they had any other option.
The vast majority of tourists to Thailand are Chinese. Fact. Many still came after the outbreak. Fact. The first country to report a coronavirus case outside of China was Thailand and the country with the most cases again is Thailand although that may change. The university of Southampton has a research team that claims Thailand is the most likely place to catch the virus outside of China. Not my words. Google it and do some research like intelligent people do.
Actually you are wrong. Singapore has 45 confirmed cases, Thailand has 32 confirmed cases.

BTW I did Google it 21 minutes after your post.
Like i said, the confirmed cases will change, at the beginning Thailand was the highest outside of China. If you compare the population of Singapore to Thailand you will get a better idea of how bad Thailand is anyway.



User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3537
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by vincemunday » February 11, 2020, 8:02 am

All this talk of lack of intelligence, all these snipes against each other, this government and that government, in reality none of us know jack about anything, it even seems the scientists and doctors who are in charge of controlling the disease aren’t sure, one offering up this advice and another offering up something different, the prime example being mask wearing, some say it’s good and others say it’s useless. Yes we understand that the effects of common influenza kills more people each year than this novel flu virus has and i feel it’s not the actual disease that’s worrying, it’s the attempts at hiding it by the various government that bothers me, if it’s so insignificant and let’s face it 1000 deaths is sad but in the grand scheme of things it’s a pimple on a gnats ass , then why go to all the trouble to hide or misinform?

We are potentially on the verge of a pandemic, this new strain of flu virus could spread all round the world, I believe Africa is of huge concern because their infrastructure is unlikely to cope should the virus break there and it would seem there’s little to halt the spread other than hygiene. What’s the point of blaming any government? The UK has just reported two cases from a doctors reception team, if they can get it then so can anyone, I’ve not been in a reception area for years that didn’t have alcohol dispensers on the counters and walls and there aren’t that many more cases in Thailand than there are in the UK!

We have to wait to see how this pans out, the race is on to find a preventative, it shouldn’t take long, the various governments around the world are constantly developing flu jabs to cope with the mutation of the flu virus, let’s hope they all work together to get this done.

In the interim it’s sad to see the videos and news stories coming out of China, they can’t all be fake news, to see people brutalised and animals slaughtered in an effort to contain the virus is awful.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 809
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Kenr6583 » February 11, 2020, 8:08 am

jai yen yen wrote:
February 11, 2020, 8:00 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
February 11, 2020, 7:36 am
jai yen yen wrote:
February 11, 2020, 7:15 am
tamada wrote:
February 11, 2020, 6:28 am
jai yen yen wrote:
February 8, 2020, 12:25 am
Doodoo wrote:
February 7, 2020, 2:36 pm
Many countries nave not restricted people from travelling from China It is not just the Chinese that maybe spreading this virus as some may believe. It is PEOPLE no matter what nationality and to point out that it is the Chinese is incorrect and racists The virus is not selective as some people would indicate
Of course anyone who leaves China now can carry the virus, Chinese or not. The vast majority of people leaving China are Chinese and the virus originated in China. These are not racist statements, just facts. Another fact for you. Thailand is the second most likely country in the world to get this virus after China. This is because of the amount of cases Thailand has and the large amount of Chinese tourists that are being welcomed into the country with only a heat scan at the airport which does not detect the virus if a person is a carrier with no symptoms. One more thing. why quarantine Thai evacuees from China for 2 weeks and allow Chinese tourists to cruise through the airport into the general population? Dumb and dumber, hey lets make a movie.
You can rant all you want about Thailand either encouraging Chinese to come or not prohibiting Chinese from entering since the Chinese government themselves have blocked most overseas travel for their own.

"China has stopped all outbound tour groups from leaving the country in a bid to halt the spread of coronavirus and encouraged citizens to reconsider travelling abroad."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... m-hotspots

There is no 'vast majority' or 'large amount' of Chinese tourists coming here as you allege. Your unscientific and scare-mongering claim that "Thailand is the second most likely country in the world to get this virus after China" is all in your head. Yes, the Thai government is inept in not exercising caution but in light of the vast decrease in visitors from China and in deference to what is probably significant pressure from a very rich and influential, indigenous Sino-Thai lobby, I doubt they had any other option.
The vast majority of tourists to Thailand are Chinese. Fact. Many still came after the outbreak. Fact. The first country to report a coronavirus case outside of China was Thailand and the country with the most cases again is Thailand although that may change. The university of Southampton has a research team that claims Thailand is the most likely place to catch the virus outside of China. Not my words. Google it and do some research like intelligent people do.
Actually you are wrong. Singapore has 45 confirmed cases, Thailand has 32 confirmed cases.

BTW I did Google it 21 minutes after your post.
Like i said, the confirmed cases will change, at the beginning Thailand was the highest outside of China. If you compare the population of Singapore to Thailand you will get a better idea of how bad Thailand is anyway.
Thailand has a population of 69 million people with 32 confirmed cases.

Singapore has a population of 5.6 million people with 45 confirmed cases.

Sounds like Singapore per capita is doing much worse.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 7018
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by tamada » February 11, 2020, 8:24 am

^ With a certain member's penchant to use such vague, non-mathematical or non-scientific terminology as 'vast' and 'many' and 'most' in his panic-stricken non-arguments as well as a distinct lack of citations beyond the arrogant suggestion to 'Google it' yourself, I am sure that the following statistics will not detract from his Thai-bashing and China-blaming narrative. This is based on Thai and Singaporean nationals ONLY of course and does not include any 'vast' amounts of infected Chinese visitors.

% of Thai population infected = 0.00005%
% of Singaporeans infected = 0.0008%

Right now, there's a greater likelihood of getting coronavirus in Singapore than here by an order of 1500 to 1.

Short of the much needed citation, maybe someone at Southampton Uni needs to re-assess their controls before making statements. It appears that their 2-week old study used commercial flight information and 5-year old "anonymised mobile phone and IP address data" extracted from China's mobile phone networks to come up with 'likely' hubs of infection inside China and somewhat magically outside China. The fact that Vietnam and Malaysia have been hoovering up the Chinese tourist at significant cost to Thailand's tourist industry for the best part of a year due to the baht's strength doesn't even get a mention. And how could they possibly have missed Changi airport and it's 7-year run as the best airport in the world and a passenger load that is 5-times that of all Thailand's international airports combined?

Maybe the research is being funded by the Singapore Tourism Board?

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 809
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Kenr6583 » February 11, 2020, 8:49 am

Can't copy and paste on my phone, but read a little article called, "Forgotten" tourists enjoying Chinese-free Pattaya. Written by Pattaya Mail

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 2816
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Doodoo » February 11, 2020, 8:52 am


Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 809
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Kenr6583 » February 11, 2020, 9:00 am

Doodoo wrote:
February 11, 2020, 8:52 am
Here ya go Kenr
"https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/fo ... aya-287400"
Thank you sir.

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4743
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Khun Paul » February 11, 2020, 9:26 am

latest stats re deaths are as follows
Flu 1 %
Coronavirus 2.2 %
Sars 10%
Mers 34%

Read and procastrinate all you want compare that amongst DEATHS on Thailands Roads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 809
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Kenr6583 » February 11, 2020, 10:17 am

I'll be flying out of here on February 27th to Pattaya. I'll be flying Eva to Taiwan then BKK. Has anybody been through Taipei the last couple weeks? If so, is it chaotic because of the situation? How about BKK?

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 11117
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by 747man » February 11, 2020, 11:03 am

Over 1,000 Deaths Recorded Now in China alone ( IF We can Believe that Number ?? ) & Over 43,000 Infected in 26 Countries around the globe....And according to the WHO It is still not a Pandemic...The Mind Boggles !!

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1423
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by newtovillagelife » February 11, 2020, 1:35 pm

747man wrote:
February 11, 2020, 11:03 am
Over 1,000 Deaths Recorded Now in China alone ( IF We can Believe that Number ?? ) & Over 43,000 Infected in 26 Countries around the globe....And according to the WHO It is still not a Pandemic...The Mind Boggles !!
Maybe this is why:

Number of new cases of coronavirus peaked on Feb 4th and are constant at around 2500-3000 new cases per day because of all precautionary measures taken in China and all over the world. If virus was growing at a rate of 20% more cases everyday, after 4th Feb instead of being contained in a constant range, we would have got around 71,000 cases so far in total instead of around 43,000. So, all quarantine and safety measures saved us around 28,000 new cases in just 6 days. As a general rule, if number of new cases per day do not increase, it has to go down and slowly new infections per day should become less and less because preventive measures are working. Lets hope for improved numbers in coming days.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 809
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Kenr6583 » February 12, 2020, 5:21 am

The coronavirus now has an official name, COVID-19

User avatar
mak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 13, 2008, 11:50 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by mak » February 12, 2020, 7:28 am

"Three things the virus does not like: 1. Sunlight, 2. Temperature, and 3. Humidity"
"I think it will burn itself out in about six months," Nicholls said.
John Nicholls, a pathology professor at the University of Hong Kong.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 809
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Kenr6583 » February 12, 2020, 7:39 am

mak wrote:
February 12, 2020, 7:28 am
"Three things the virus does not like: 1. Sunlight, 2. Temperature, and 3. Humidity"
"I think it will burn itself out in about six months," Nicholls said.
John Nicholls, a pathology professor at the University of Hong Kong.
I read the article. Unfortunately just speculation. "I think" is not very assuring. I guess you could sit in a sauna with a sunlamp for a few hours and you are good?

User avatar
Shado
udonmap.com
Posts: 1697
Joined: January 22, 2007, 4:58 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Shado » February 12, 2020, 8:00 am

Or a cruise ship.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 809
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Kenr6583 » February 12, 2020, 8:13 am

Shado wrote:
February 12, 2020, 8:00 am
Or a cruise ship.
Unless you're on Holland America Line

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by GT93 » February 13, 2020, 6:40 am

I heard a public health expert in New Zealand on the radio this morning saying there's some evidence the Coronavirus is spreading in Asian countries such as Thailand, Singapore etc. and that the NZ government needs to be reviewing closing the border to foreign nationals coming from those countries.

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4743
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by Khun Paul » February 13, 2020, 8:18 am

GT93 wrote:
February 13, 2020, 6:40 am
I heard a public health expert in New Zealand on the radio this morning saying there's some evidence the Coronavirus is spreading in Asian countries such as Thailand, Singapore etc. and that the NZ government needs to be reviewing closing the border to foreign nationals coming from those countries.
Hello … wake up we have known that from the FIRST infection detected here. Last week !

pal52
udonmap.com
Posts: 1003
Joined: September 18, 2013, 10:54 am

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by pal52 » February 13, 2020, 8:43 am

Some interesting facts about how the virus is spread and how long it lasts on door handles etc.
Do not really think anyone knows for certain about these things at present.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51176409

User avatar
mr passout
udonmap.com
Posts: 188
Joined: November 4, 2007, 9:24 am

Re: Coronavirus Now in Thailand !!

Post by mr passout » February 13, 2020, 8:57 am


Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”