Lovely ?? Remarks from Thai Health Minister !!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Lovely ?? Remarks from Thai Health Minister !!!!

Post by 747man » March 13, 2020, 11:38 am

Thai health minister has a slash at ‘dirty farang’The ThaigerPublished 15 seconds ago on March 13, 2020ByThe Thaiger
Thai health minister has a slash at ‘dirty farang’ | The Thaigerfollow us in feedly
Many farang dress dirty and don’t shower. As hosts we have to be very careful.”

Thailand’s Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is at it again making public disparaging and xenophobic comments about ‘white’ foreigners (farang). This time he’s warned his fellow Thais about the foreigners fleeing their own countries for the ‘safe haven’ of Thailand.

“Today I visited Chiang Mai and noticed that there are almost no Chinese tourists. All you see are ‘farang’. Not only that, but 90% of Thais are wearing masks. However, none of the farang are wearing masks This is the reason our country is being infected all around. We should be more careful of the farang than Asians.”

“At the moment it is winter in Europe and farang come to Thailand to hide from the disease. Many farang dress dirty and don’t shower. As hosts we have to be very careful.”

Last month the gaffe-prone Public Health Minister, and deputy Prime Minister, lost his cool during a media stunt being held at Bangkok’s busiest Skytrain station. The minister and his staff, all wearing face masks (except the minister who had his hanging around his neck), were handing out free paper face masks.

Kick foreigners, not wearing face-masks, out of Thailand – Minister | The Thaiger

Thailand’s mercurial Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has slammed foreign tourists who aren’t wearing face masks, or refuse to wear them when offered a free one offered by the government, says they “should be kicked out.” He was handing out government freebies at the Siam BTS station in Bangkok.

“All farangs, those tourists… that’s something the embassies should be notified about and the public as well that are not wearing masks.”

“We’re handing them out and they still refuse. They need to be kicked out of Thailand!”

The minister sort of apologised the next day for his ill-informed comments but dug a deeper hole by re-iterating that the ‘farang’ should be wearing face masks.

(Quotes translated from Thai Rath)

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Dirty Farangs

Post by Chuchi » March 13, 2020, 1:12 pm

choi choi
udonmap.com

Re: Dirty Farangs

Post by choi choi » March 13, 2020, 1:27 pm

Yep farangs fault!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 13, 2020, 1:41 pm

That guy is typical of the brainless Puppets in the good Generals junta. Couldn't make it to a medical internship so why the f#@k is he the health Minister. About the same mentality/IQ as the "Minister for Watches". :confused: :censored:

IMHO - His future will involve a short stay in "Inactive Duties" followed by joining "Big Joke" in exile!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 13, 2020, 1:50 pm

I was going to reply, then I noticed it was friday, so dashed off......fridays are always bath days whether I need it or not.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

neeemu
udonmap.com

Post by neeemu » March 13, 2020, 2:10 pm

Aye, Farangs are dirty, can't disagree with that but so are Thais. For a country that relies heavily on tourism, they do a good job of putting foreign visitors off. How many reported cases are there of farangs with covid-19 in Thailand so far? I've not been counting but I can only remember one in the news.
Maybe stories like this are why farangs refuse to wear the masks?
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... used-masks

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 13, 2020, 3:23 pm

Anyone with more than TWO Brain cells will have no doubt read many articles regarding this visus, including those spouted by the NHS of the UK and other Governmental sources which state quite categorically that Face masks are an asset of you are unwell, to assist in stopping the spread to others but as a preventative asset to stop the virus it is basically useless, as this Virus ,can infect through mouth, eyes and also by touching hence the advice NOT to touch your face.

Unfortunately FOR THAIS ,their Government decided as per the norm to ignore all and almost any advice from the Western World and seek to ensure everyone is wearing a mask. The big problem is that this Thai Government failed to do the Maths and so far for the last week one is unable to get a mask anywhere in Udon Thani to my mind especially if you are a Farang, shopping alone .

SO THE RACIST COMMENT FROM THE MINISTER OF HEALTH CAN BE REBUFFED BY SAYING, YOU SUPPLY THEM WE WILL WEAR THEM OK !

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 13, 2020, 3:35 pm

A Canadian Dr pointed out one of the benefits of a facemask and it changed my mind. Before that I was with you KP. By wearing a mask, it lessened the involuntary face touching which we all do scores of times every day.

In every event, no matter how dire the subject, hilarious events will prevail. This one illustrates my point.

https://www.foxla.com/news/health-offic ... conference
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 13, 2020, 3:47 pm

Simple FACT! If you are unwell wear a mask. The effin mask will not protect you from the virus if you are handling money, hand rails, store counters and the like. Simple, wash your hands frequently AND don't pick your nose.

Don't have to be a racist pig to figure it out!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 13, 2020, 3:50 pm

About 6 months ago, I witnessed a really grubby-looking farang with a manbag groping all the bread on the shelf towards the end of the day at Big C and walk away without purchasing any of them.

You know who you are!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 13, 2020, 4:32 pm

foreigners fleeing their own countries for the ‘safe haven’ of Thailand.

I see the thai airports are over run with all these virus refugees Not

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 13, 2020, 6:17 pm

noosard wrote:
March 13, 2020, 4:32 pm
foreigners fleeing their own countries for the ‘safe haven’ of Thailand.

I see the thai airports are over run with all these virus refugees Not
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 13, 2020, 8:42 pm

This health minister guy is a real.asset to the governments push to.entice more people here ..only yestrday an article how the older eoropean residents are keeping the Jomtien beach vendors going during the current virus n downturn ..

Appears he has a problem.with falbg in general n all tge countires woes liy at tge feetof these dirty smelly bin dippers ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 13, 2020, 9:13 pm

In the Daily Express,I wonder if he’s planning a trip to the Uk to share his tips with the local tourist board.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/12 ... arnvirakul

Rayq81
udonmap.com

Post by Rayq81 » March 14, 2020, 12:44 am

The minister prefers those ultra clean tourists from China who cant stop spitting and drop their left over food all over the floor.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » March 14, 2020, 4:12 am

The reality is the hiso Thai have always felt this way about Farang, this includes the people running the country and the well to do Thais. Nothing new, they do not like us or need us other than as tourists spending cash then leaving. No use for Farang expats at all. After 10 years living in Thailand it was plain to see. Most rural and average Thais do not feel this way.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 14, 2020, 5:26 am

There are some pretty scruffy farang, often tourists, in Thailand.

I'm supposed to be making a brief visit to Thailand around early June. If arriving, I was expecting a good welcome at a nearly empty Swampy. I seem to have got that badly wrong. :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » March 14, 2020, 5:54 am

Well it seems his comments have really upset someone as nowhere in the BKK Post or the Nation are his comments mentioned or even talked about , one source I read did say his comments once tweeted have been removed, although they did mention that it has probably been copied and sent world-wide . He ( health Minister ) seems to have done a bunk.
In that case good riddance , there are some foreigners here who seem to enjoy dressing down , but generally most are clean, washed ,hair combed ( if they have any ) and sober 95% of the time .

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 14, 2020, 6:57 am

GT93 wrote:
March 14, 2020, 5:26 am
There are some pretty scruffy farang, often tourists, in Thailand.

I'm supposed to be making a brief visit to Thailand around early June. If arriving, I was expecting a good welcome at a nearly empty Swampy. I seem to have got that badly wrong. :lol:
You’re assuming there’s going to be flights, the way it’s going who knows? Steve from the Tbar is flying home in March and there’s only 30 booked on his flight so far, airlines can’t run planes like that.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 14, 2020, 7:02 am

A warning from BA

Coronavirus: British Airways boss tells staff jobs will go https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51875271
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”