Lovely ?? Remarks from Thai Health Minister !!!!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Re: Dirty Farangs

Post by Raoul Duke » March 14, 2020, 7:17 am

Yep.
I've seen some truly feral whiteys here in LOS.
But Anutin Charnvirakul's comments (if he did indeed say them) just add to the xenophobia.
I'm wondering what the European embassies think about these words?
:-k

Voiceover for hire.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 14, 2020, 8:33 am

Raoul Duke wrote:
March 14, 2020, 7:17 am
Yep.
I've seen some truly feral whiteys here in LOS.
But Anutin Charnvirakul's comments (if he did indeed say them) just add to the xenophobia.
I'm wondering what the European embassies think about these words?
:-k
Ive seen some pretty scruffy farangs in udon . In fact too many , wandering through central dressed as if on the beach .
And whats with the going in restaurants wearing their wife beaters ? Do they not realise that people do not want to be looking at their hairy , sweaty armpits when eating their dinner , despite how many tatts they may have .Cuz i certainly dont .
So the minister does have a point .
I think its these types hes talking about .However hes bought himself a job that he cant handle , is completely unqualified for, and seems to lack any sense of discretion , much like the wife beater in the restaurant guy.
Ive also been a believer for many years that the Hisos do not like anyone who is half way educated and comes from a western democracy , as they see us as a threat .
Yes , they will smile and tolerate us all the time they are taking our money , but thats about it .
The locals , luckily for us are no where near the same .
When is the Government going to realise that these alleged ministers are doing more harm than good to the country ?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 14, 2020, 8:43 am

How can he even be a member of parliament after being convicted of drug trafficking and doing five years jail time in Aus???

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 14, 2020, 9:02 am

The Health Minister wasn't referring to the Brit's as we are still welcome in America. :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Bouph
udonmap.com

Post by Bouph » March 14, 2020, 11:21 am

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on April 19, 2020, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2020, 12:38 pm

fatbob wrote:
March 14, 2020, 8:43 am
How can he even be a member of parliament after being convicted of drug trafficking and doing five years jail time in Aus???
TiT

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Lovely ?? Remarks from Thai Health Minister !!!!

Post by Whistler » March 14, 2020, 1:41 pm

there is already one thread on this subject
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 14, 2020, 2:05 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 14, 2020, 1:41 pm
there is already one thread on this subject
Yeah, But THIS one ( My Post ) Was the 1st......

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 14, 2020, 2:07 pm

No DIRTY Farangs Will Come Back Now though.....

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said yesterday that if the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus continues, it will be a “big issue” nationally not only in terms of public health but also the tremendous loss of tourism revenue. However if the outbreak can be contained by then end of next month, the ministry expects up to 39.9 million tourists to visit Thailand by the end of the year. ( NO Dirty Farangs Allowed Though ' Eh ?? )

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 14, 2020, 2:08 pm

fatbob wrote:
March 14, 2020, 8:43 am
Wrong Minister Bob.
Thammanat is the maybe who you are thinking of?
Voiceover for hire.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 14, 2020, 2:11 pm

Thammanat is innocent, it was flour not heroin, obviously the police labs in Australia cannot tell the difference. All he wanted to do was make a bit of bread.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 14, 2020, 2:16 pm

and he had nothing to do with trying to ship 20 million face masks to China.. It was all "fake news!!"
Dave

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 14, 2020, 2:35 pm

Kar Tot Krup.
My mistake.
Voiceover for hire.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 15, 2020, 12:35 am

That expectation is bananas. :shock:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 15, 2020, 12:43 am

Johnson and Trump's at times provocative words have probably toughened the EU up a bit. Still it's not wise for Thailand to poke a stick unnecessarily at an entity as large as the EU.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 15, 2020, 4:59 am

GT93 wrote:
March 15, 2020, 12:43 am
Johnson and Trump's at times provocative words have probably toughened the EU up a bit. Still it's not wise for Thailand to poke a stick unnecessarily at an entity as large as the EU.
What a clown. Something serious like the virus and the Europeans suddenly revert back to REAL National borders. The EU in the mean time does 'nothing'. Just a well paid talking shop. Can we give you some money to go home. Best policy ever from a Rules Based Dictatorship.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 15, 2020, 7:10 am

747man wrote:
March 14, 2020, 2:07 pm

Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn said yesterday that if the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus continues, it will be a “big issue” nationally not only in terms of public health but also the tremendous loss of tourism revenue. However if the outbreak can be contained by then end of next month, the ministry expects up to 39.9 million tourists to visit Thailand by the end of the year. ( NO Dirty Farangs Allowed Though ' Eh ?? )
will take years to claw back the tourist dollar IMO .. gotta listen to these ministers and take the things they spout with a pinch of salt as most `really should not be in the positions they hold but jobs for the boys springs to mind ..ie health ministers recent gaffs... a lot down to attitude , inexperience and basically a dislike for dirty smelly falangs... just another DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM user
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 15, 2020, 7:58 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
March 15, 2020, 7:10 am
747man wrote:
March 14, 2020, 2:07 pm

will take years to claw back the tourist dollar IMO .. gotta listen to these ministers and take the things they spout with a pinch of salt as most `really should not be in the positions they hold but jobs for the boys springs to mind ..ie health ministers recent gaffs... a lot down to attitude , inexperience and basically a dislike for dirty smelly falangs... just another DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM user
Gotta agree on that . Tourist will of moved on to pastures new , where they get more bang for their buck .
Thailand is not a cheap destination anymore .
The elite wanna keep the Baht strong to line their own pockets , and its gonna be a while before they let it weaken .
Add to that , its now worldwide what certain individuals in power really think of western tourists .
Instead of making Thailand an attractive destination as it was back in Thaksins day , when the whole country was buzzing , the tourist industry is sort of wilting like an underwatered plant , and will eventually die , unless the authorities do something positive to improve Thailands image around the world .
But alas, no , all they seem to do is insult the very people that create over 20% of G D P :roll:

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 15, 2020, 8:57 am

The sweaty ones not likely to have corona as been informed not like high temps

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 15, 2020, 8:59 am

The minister is also giving the green light to other racists in Thailand, although I doubt that was his intention, or even understands what may happen.

There has been an undeniable rise of the extreme right since Trump's utterance that there were good and bad people on both sides after the violence in Charlottesville. It has had effect of emboldening extremists who are now running as Republicans in many, many elections.

It is now OK to be a racist against farangs in Thailand, I would not be surprised if this theme starts to take hold after this, his second intemperate outburst.

Heaven help us if a cluster of infections breaks out in the farang community, it will get full government coverage.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”