Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

sgt
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by sgt » August 6, 2021, 11:10 am

If you are a foreigner and have not had the worthless chinese crap or homebrew AZ please go to this site. https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ It is not confusing, it is for Pfizer and only Pfizer. If you have an alternate email and/or used one of those pink cards for the chinese crap you may be able to sign up anyway for a real vaccine. I don't know if or how much longer registration will be open, jabs will start 10 Aug. or later. Firm dates and locations have not been announced yet.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 6, 2021, 11:20 am

A bit of good old fashioned American exceptionalism there, sarge?

The Chinese vaccines are not crap - they are just less effective against Delta than some others. And Astra Zeneca is hardly "home brew". Posting stuff like that is not particularly helpful.

And BTW, the information about Pfizer registrations, and the link, has already been posted numerous times on UM.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 6, 2021, 11:29 am

sgt wrote:
August 6, 2021, 11:10 am
................ jabs will start 10 Aug. or later. Firm dates and locations have not been announced yet.
They'd better, the vaccine has been in the country for well over a week now and could well go passed it's use-by date by the time this lot get em selves organized. And we will be at the bottom of the pecking order up here!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 6, 2021, 12:16 pm

Sarge

AND where did this come from that it is ONLY PFIZER???? I have not seen or read any news regarding this announcement. I also agree with Jack that your post is not helping at all

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 6, 2021, 12:24 pm

Bandung
As to your statement of Pfizers "use-by date" here is some info
As for the week date you are talking about we have longer
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/i ... ummary.pdf

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 6, 2021, 12:40 pm

checked out the Friday 06 August vaccination drive at Central Plaza 4th floor in the Udon Thani Hall. Well run, organized but seemingly not well advertised, at least in our village it was purely word of mouth. It was focused on people over 60 years of age or with health issues. SINOVAC was given with a 3 week return date for the 2nd jab. I'm not positive but think the 2nd jab was stated to be Astra Zeneca. They were taking foreigners. It was 8AM to 12PM.. Don't know if there will be more such open drives. There were asking arriving people if they had an appointment or were "walk-ins.."
Dave

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 6, 2021, 12:55 pm

Doodoo wrote:
August 6, 2021, 12:24 pm
Bandung
As to your statement of Pfizers "use-by date" here is some info
As for the week date you are talking about we have longer
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/i ... ummary.pdf
Interesting.
Certainly hope the Thai translation of this document is accurate and their staff are well trained and supervised.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » August 6, 2021, 3:05 pm

I drove to vaccine site this morning in Nam Som. 9am filled with people waiting for one of 300 shots available. Seemed like more than 300 people but hard to tell how many family members came to support the ones getting shots. No mention of when shots will be available again. Farmers are very patient with government.

Update: Wife reported from FB, 1,600 received vaccine. So anywhere from 300 to 1,600. If the later, good on them.
Last edited by nutosf on August 6, 2021, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 6, 2021, 3:06 pm

FYI << More than 41,000 expats in Thailand have registered for a COVID-19 vaccine using the Expatvac registration platform. According to stats released on Thursday (Aug 5) by Ministry of Foreign Affairs spokesman Tanee Sangrat, a total of 41,616 expats in Thailand have registered for the vaccine using the Expatvac website.  Of those who have registered, 32,563 are aged under 60, while 9,053 are over 60. Those suffering from underlying health conditions totalled 3,038, while 172 pregnant expats also registered. Mr Tanee said that over a third of those registering were located in Greater Bangkok. 

Earlier, Mr Tanee said that he expects people to start receiving vaccine appointment dates from August 10 and 11. 

Priority will be given to the over 60s, pregnant women and people with underlying health conditions.  

It is understood 150,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, which was recently donated to Thailand by the United States government will be used to vaccinate expats in Thailand. 

Expats in Thailand who have not yet registered to receive a vaccine are urged to do so here: https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ >>

SOURCE : https://aseannow.com/topic/1226610-4100 ... -expatvac/

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 6, 2021, 4:01 pm

A couple of q*s from me.

Are there any Udon Thani people/Expats living here fulltime that might be on the fence NOT vaccinate?If so,reason is what?
Are you,like me unsure,you don't have any health issues,you might be like me 60+ but just don't want to get a shot or three because of whatever reason you have?
Are you like me,atleast for the moment,thinking of wating until i/we know more about the vaccin,possible sideeffects.By wating i mean atleast untill first quarter of 2022.
Honestly i would like to wait,follow reports and what not..and then maybe i feel more comfortable to get vaccinated.
I know i might take a risk,but i guess i also take a risk getting the shots..One thing i for sure,forget me taking any China vaccin..THAT's MY THOUGHTS RIGHT KNOW...How do you guys think,input please.

I understand that if you have any underlying medical problems,then you would maybe not the chanse NOT to get vaccinated.

Thank you for reading my post and hopefully i get some food for serious thoughth from you..//Alfie..:-)

gghh
udonmap.com

Post by gghh » August 6, 2021, 4:12 pm

I understand your thoughts as mine had been similar for a while.

With raising figures I changed my mind. Better some vaccine than nothing (I am 64).
So I got my jab of Sinovac early this week, AZ will be end of the month.

Side effect from first jab: nothing

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 6, 2021, 4:53 pm

I think we should start to seriously worry about our safety when the caseload will drop to a point where people will become overconfident and relax their guard, i feel that we are approaching this moment, no later than early this afternoon going by my local public market i noticed several vendors not wearing face covering. Until now I had no vaccine made available to me so I kept a very low profile, limited my activities and stayed put as much as possible. I am registered for the US vaccine and sincerely hope that 2 doses of the Pfizer vaccine will be a turning point for me, otherwise i would look for 2 jabs of the same vaccine, not mixing because many countries including the US do not recognized a person who has received 2 different vaccines as FULLY vaccinated. At 75 with a pre-existing medical condition I am left with very few options: Pfizer or sinovac, sinopharm, or maybe AZ..
This morning i skipped the vaccination clinic at Central wishing to wait for the Pfizer vaccine promised by the Thai Ministry of foreign affairs. I am at the mercy of events.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 6, 2021, 5:43 pm

THe Monk
Where did you get this info that we are getting PFIZER???

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 6, 2021, 6:02 pm

DD, my choice of words leads to a misunderstand, i << wrote >> PROMISED Pfizer vaccine , instead of <<IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT PFIZER VACCINE will be used. >>
as explained below.
<<
It is understood 150,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, which was recently donated to Thailand by the United States government will be used to vaccinate expats in Thailand.

Expats in Thailand who have not yet registered to receive a vaccine are urged to do so here: https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ >>

SOURCE : https://aseannow.com/topic/1226610-4100 ... -expatvac/
>>
Sorry for the confusion.
Anyway that was my line of thinking this morning .. Skip Sinovac vaccine at CENTRAL and wait for Pfizer in the near future. Maybe i fooled myself.
Stay safe.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » August 6, 2021, 7:24 pm

Sorry I'm not helpful, ten thousand gomens and a bottle of Ashai. I'm also one smartass bastard, yes as in born to an unwed mother. You can have all the chinese crap you want the only way it will ever go in my body is if I'm knocked out in the fight. I'd take the homebrew AZ if I had to knowing you cannot travel internationally on it at least to the EU etc. The US is still allowing unvaccinated in, for now. I and a lot of other people have been busting butt to get USA FDA approved vaccines here especially for Veterans and Americans, if you don't want then that is your privilege.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 6, 2021, 9:41 pm

A Farang friend of mine registered on-line, one week ago,

Today, he went to the Vaccine set up at the Bang Sue Station and within 45 Minutes, he was in and out with his first A Z jab. Second jab will be in October

He is "elderly and looks pregnant", so he fitted the the criteria

Jab was FREE

pipoz4444

https://aseannow.com/topic/1226610-4100 ... -expatvac/

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1225640-huge ... paign=news
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 6, 2021, 9:57 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 6, 2021, 9:41 pm
A Farang friend of mine registered on-line, one week ago,

Today, he went to the Vaccine set up at the Bang Sue Station and within 45 Minutes, he was in and out with his first A Z jab. Second jab will be in October

He is "elderly and looks pregnant", so he fitted the the criteria :D Even carb up to the max i don't fit the "pregant"criteria,old(er)-Yes ;)

Jab was FREE

pipoz4444

https://aseannow.com/topic/1226610-4100 ... -expatvac/

https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1225640-huge ... paign=news

nickboyuk
udonmap.com

Post by nickboyuk » August 6, 2021, 10:35 pm

What about your wives and GFs are they in line for a vaccine at any time. I'm over in the UK so had mine months ago as did my 2 sons. Mrs tells m e Thais are scared of the Chinese vaccinations. She had registered with hospital there along with her friend and paid the 3800b, seemingly Moderna was being offered from October onwards, now believe this isn't happening or delayed. From what I can see its a bloody shambles and the government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 7, 2021, 3:20 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 6, 2021, 4:01 pm
A couple of q*s from me.

Are there any Udon Thani people/Expats living here fulltime that might be on the fence NOT vaccinate?If so,reason is what?
Are you,like me unsure,you don't have any health issues,you might be like me 60+ but just don't want to get a shot or three because of whatever reason you have?
Are you like me,atleast for the moment,thinking of wating until i/we know more about the vaccin,possible sideeffects.By wating i mean atleast untill first quarter of 2022.
Honestly i would like to wait,follow reports and what not..and then maybe i feel more comfortable to get vaccinated.
I know i might take a risk,but i guess i also take a risk getting the shots..One thing i for sure,forget me taking any China vaccin..THAT's MY THOUGHTS RIGHT KNOW...How do you guys think,input please.

I understand that if you have any underlying medical problems,then you would maybe not the chanse NOT to get vaccinated.

Thank you for reading my post and hopefully i get some food for serious thoughth from you..//Alfie..:-)
I think you're very foolish. If you get Covid, as an elderly unvaccinated foreigner, you'll be well down the triage lists for an ICU bed or ventilator in a developing country with limited health resources. I wouldn't risk that and I'm under 60. I think you should get vaccinated as soon as you can. If you follow what's happening in Australia, you'll appreciate how easily the Delta variant spreads.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 7, 2021, 7:21 am

AS the vast majority of Expats, I assume come from Modern Western type countries, I also assume that during their formative childhood they received many vaccines as a prevention for many illnesses, plus if you wewre involved in the Military in thjose countries you also had so many jabs that you often resembled a Pin Cushion.

Therefore the reluctance for many to openly call into doubt the vaccine is beyond belief, I agree some seem to be better than others and while we are supposedly intelligent enough to refuse the offered Vaccine, a downright refusal because it is NOT WHAT you want is plain stupidity.

As News reports from around the world suggest even fully vaccinated people can catch Covid or at least test Positive .
ANY Vaccine will keep you from the ICU and Deaths door, might feel unwell but NOT DYING and that folks is what it is all about surely.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”