Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by Doodoo » May 26, 2022, 6:53 pm

Thai Government presentation in English (Facebook)
May 26

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=576271470488209

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 2, 2022, 2:44 pm

Jun 2

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=713116609808259

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 17, 2022, 2:01 pm

Jun 17 2022

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=723015325600475

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 8, 2022, 8:29 pm

Jul 8 2022

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=1601687330228565

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » July 9, 2022, 8:59 am

The number of new cases reported each day are only the ones which need hospitalization.
The actual cases reported are a lot higher.
There are probably a lot more cases which are not reported such as asymptomatic cases.
Do not throw away the masks yet a lot of caution is still needed especially vulnerable people.

; There were now about 29,000 new Covid-19 cases a day and the figures were rising in 23 provinces, particularly in Greater Bangkok and other tourist zones, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported on Friday.
CCSA spokesman Taweesilp Visanuyothin said the daily stastistics came from people who registered their infections, and a small number of them were admitted to hospital.;

Full story

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -000-a-day

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 9, 2022, 11:35 am

Hardly surprising the numbers are rising when they are allowing tourists in without having a test. Given 5% of the British public currently has covid (even the fully vaccinated ones) the odds are that for every 20 Brits arriving one is bringing and spreading covid, and the same goes for many other nationalities

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 9, 2022, 12:31 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 9, 2022, 11:35 am
Hardly surprising the numbers are rising when they are allowing tourists in without having a test. Given 5% of the British public currently has covid (even the fully vaccinated ones) the odds are that for every 20 Brits arriving one is bringing and spreading covid, and the same goes for many other nationalities
What's the value of these tests?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » July 9, 2022, 12:55 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 9, 2022, 11:35 am
Best you lock yourself away in a room full of cotton wool while the rest of us get on with it, ever heard of boosting your immune system???

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » July 10, 2022, 10:15 am

Jeez, when will the extremists on both sides get it!

I'm very healthy for my age, have an excellent immune system and, certainly don't need to wrap myself in cotton wool bearing in mind I've had Covid twice. I also worked in the UK throughout the worst of the pandemic.

For those that still dont get it. Wearing a mask is not to protect yourself. It's to reduce the chances of you passing something on to a vulnerable person. Its courtesy whether you believe in Covid or not.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 10, 2022, 11:17 am

Bottom line is that everyone SHOPULD understand this is not going to go away, much as the mask and Vaccine deniers might want it to, it is here to stay and wre4ak havoc on those who think they are fine .
Taking precautions is not being wimpy of silly or even stupid although might want us to believe that. It is using your brain to make a decision that wearing a mask is far more beneficial than NOT wearing a mask .
The precautions you took at the outset, still apply regarding hands etc. Not so much the distance thing but in crowded places like Shopping malls large stores ( Big C, Makro etc ) pays to err on the side of safety.

Some people just do not get it, they are probably the same ones that ride Motorcycles while NOT wearing a Helmet. You know those really intelligent people who think the rest of us are stupid.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 10, 2022, 3:36 pm

Jeez this is REALLY hard to type .....

I A GGGG REEEEE with KP ........there, done it

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 10, 2022, 5:09 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
July 10, 2022, 3:36 pm

Congratulations, sadly I am not allowed to say what I feel suffice to say that it would probably be un PC and unprintable .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 10, 2022, 7:18 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 10, 2022, 5:09 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

Congratulations, sadly I am not allowed to say what I feel suffice to say that it would probably be un PC and unprintable .
No-one is wanting to print out your pontifications, KP.

Rather, it would be a breakthrough to be able read them without the need to install the "Dopey Translator" software which your lazy posts seem to require.

Which I suspect is the point that statto - and many who precede him - have been trying to make.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 11, 2022, 7:36 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 10, 2022, 7:18 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
July 10, 2022, 5:09 pm
stattointhailand wrote:

No-one is wanting to print out your pontifications, KP.

Rather, it would be a breakthrough to be able read them without the need to install the "Dopey Translator" software which your lazy posts seem to require.

Which I suspect is the point that statto - and many who precede him - have been trying to make.
I normally do check my posts, , but this time forgot and many of you take delight in pointing it out. I am sure you are all upright people but you all have a sadistic streak which surfaces when you gat an opportunity to sneakily moan and complain from behind your keyboards, NOT one has the temerity to actually come and talk. I guess not . Secret admirers like that I like . Be happy in your miserable lives .

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 4, 2022, 3:32 am

Day (1) Daughter (teenager) catches Covid 3 weeks ago

Days (1 to 6) Symptoms not to severe, lasting about 5 days, of which 2 days she has a mid-high fever, very sore throat and is very sleepy. Off to the Hospital and yes she test positives. Back home with some prescribed medicines of some sort.

Days (6 -15) OK after the five -six days back to a normal teenager, out shopping and constantly on the phone and PCX with friend, eating well etc and then back on the phone.

Day (16) Walks inside says she has a fever and sever headache and then faints. Off the to hospital quickly

Day (16) Admitted and tested. Temperature 41.2C, yes F..kn high, PCR Test (Negative), diagnosed over the next 12 -24 hours with, abnormally low white blood cells (immune system is functioning as it should), issue with red blood cells breaking down, high blood sugar levers, severe intestinal inflammation with lesions/high toxin levels, ulcerated liver. and acute infection in the veins (whatever that means) - Remember I am having this translated from a Doctor to a WhatsApp Message to me.

Day (17) Temperature still 40C and she is asleep or out cold

Days (18 - 21) Over the last 3 days : Was on some sort of Multiple Drip system, one is just Saline to hydrate, but can't read what is on the photo for the other two Drips. Has slept for near on 36 hours straight. Temperature has come back to just over 38.5C, a of today, inflammation intestine has reduced somewhat. Anti-inflammatories drugs and or antibiotics, seem to be slowly dealing with intestine issue and or toxins (not exactly sure as I couldn't make sense out of what the translator was trying to say).

Late in Day (21) Blood sugar levels tested again and are still too high, but red and white blood cells are coming back towards their normal ranges. Has no appetite whatsoever and body still aches, all over.

However, she is now awake and feeling somewhat better and now back on the mobile phone. Liver and kidneys to be checked tomorrow and it is expected she will stay in the Wattana Hospital for another 3 - 4 days plus.

She has never been really sick before this bout of Covid, other than with the odd flu for a day or two, so it really does make you wonder about this round of Covid?

I am not a Doctor, but is this likely to be a residual after effect, one after Covid has fought with and or weakened the bodies immune system? One that then rears its head a week or so later, like having a second bite at the cherry. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 4, 2022, 8:06 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 4, 2022, 3:32 am

I am not a Doctor, but is this likely to be a residual after effect, one after Covid has fought with and or weakened the bodies immune system? One that then rears its head a week or so later, like having a second bite at the cherry. :-k :-k
I am also not a doctor and I commiserate with you. It looks as if you may have been fortunate that the treatment worked.
Yes you can be either infected with a different strain or relapse.

Having been so badly effected the chances of long COVID are more likely than not. Though that long COVID exists is reasonably well known the very different variations and treatments are not so well documented. I hope for you that you will not need to understand it.

The after effects vary and be anything from weeks or months to years or lifelong
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 4, 2022, 2:02 pm

It is also Dengue fever season and that can stuff up the blood platelets, stress the stomach and liver. When I got it, remission was checked by doing a blood count three days after the initial diagnosis. If the platelets are falling, it means your own immune system needs help and you get hospitalised ahead of any critical onset which can be rapid.

https://www.cdc.gov/dengue/symptoms/index.html

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/health-bl ... gs-to-know

Even though she's young with no previous illnesses of note, pre-existing conditions may be benign and can't be ruled out with Covid adding to the mix. Maybe give her six months to get back to normal then get a comprehensive blood and urine analysis?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 4, 2022, 2:14 pm

I'd like to think that the doctors at Wattana could have offered a diagnosis.....it certainly doesn't sound like covid symptoms after days 1-6. If an English speaking doctor wasn't available (??), there should be an international rep at Wattana who can explain what's going on.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 4, 2022, 4:44 pm

parrot wrote:
August 4, 2022, 2:14 pm
I'd like to think that the doctors at Wattana could have offered a diagnosis.....it certainly doesn't sound like covid symptoms after days 1-6. If an English speaking doctor wasn't available (??), there should be an international rep at Wattana who can explain what's going on.
I totally agree that after such a lengthy struggle, there's not even a healthy guess at what just occurred. I suggested dengue as her symptoms checked some of the boxes that precede a serious joust with it. Having Covid lurking in the background can't make for easy diagnosis of anything these days.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 4, 2022, 11:16 pm

tamada wrote:
August 4, 2022, 4:44 pm
parrot wrote:
August 4, 2022, 2:14 pm
I totally agree that after such a lengthy struggle, there's not even a healthy guess at what just occurred. I suggested dengue as her symptoms checked some of the boxes that precede a serious joust with it. Having Covid lurking in the background can't make for easy diagnosis of anything these days.
Thanks Tam and others

Have asked a friend to drop into the Hospital tomorrow to try and get a more sensible and direct answer, regarding the cause of it and not the symptoms

pipoz444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”