Border and bar closings

Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Border and bar closings

Post by Niggly » May 8, 2020, 10:28 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 8, 2020, 9:18 am
Headline News coming in of a local expat arrest .. British born Leeds united fan caught ice cream hoarding ..

DM
Sorry to pop some temporary traffic lights on your free flowing junction of luurrve DM, but hoarding would insinuate leaving the ice cream in the freezer when in fact it is mine & The Girls main diet. Breakfast, lunch & dinner with a few in between snacks & it’s soon gone

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2020, 11:11 am

I love ice cream .. favs are Rum n Raisin , Mango , mocha coffee fudge .. deliriously good .

The Swensons stuff is spot on .. those takeway tubs from Pizza co once opened its hard to stop... not sure if they do em nowadays.

Noodle Junction (as opposed to spaghetti) is busy at the mo .. Dm got an essential trip into town pick up my fur coat from the dry cleaners !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 8, 2020, 2:42 pm

SOURCE: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/303 ... l_referral
<<
The Department of Airport has asked passengers to stay updated on information before travelling, as six provinces still impose 14-day mandatory quarantine.
The department said that as of May 7, four airlines -- Nok Air, Thai Air Asia, Thai Lion Air, and Thai Viet Jet Airlines -- have opened for service at 14 airports: Lampang, Mae Sot, Buri Ram, Sakon Nakhon, Nakhon Phanom, Phitsanulok, Roi Et, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Udon Thani, Trang, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Surat Thani and Krabi.Passengers have been advised to get the latest information before travelling to six provinces -- Phitsanulok, Buri Ram, Udon Thani, Trang, Krabi, and Nakhon Si Thammarat -- as travellers have to be quarantined for 14 days, while Nakhon Phanom allows only passengers to enter the airport terminal. [b]Foreigners can enter these provinces if they have permission from the provincial governor.[/b]

>>

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 8, 2020, 5:55 pm

So as we stand its still very difficult for me to get to my Buriram home from Udon travel wise then the distinct possibility of a 14 day quarantine period once there ..YET it appears steps are being rushed through to allow Chinese n South Korean visitors/tourists back in the very very near future .. this before any residents of Thailand can even get a beer with a meal in a restaurant or enjoy a boogie to a live band or footy game .. priorities all wrong and the sign of

THE NEW NORMAL

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 8, 2020, 6:03 pm

The only thing "New" about the current normal is that the bar stewards are now admitting they value their stocks and shares more than peoples lives

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 3:04 pm

Hotel Association now pressing PM to drop the 14 day quarantine for any visitors coming from low risk C19 countries or those which have it under control .. ie China n South Korea.

Question .. if the 14 day quarantine remains who would book a 2 or 3 week holiday knowing its gonna be spent in a basic controlled location .. mind you Butlins managed it for years !!

right commotion at the intersection this morning ..serious RTA involving a milk tanker and a Kellogs cornflake delivery truck ..police suspect one of the drivers was a cereal killer ..SORRY im going for a lay down now .

DM

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 9, 2020, 3:17 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 9, 2020, 3:04 pm
Hotel Association now pressing PM to drop the 14 day quarantine for any visitors coming from low risk C19 countries or those which have it under control .. ie China n South Korea.

Question .. if the 14 day quarantine remains who would book a 2 or 3 week holiday knowing its gonna be spent in a basic controlled location .. mind you Butlins managed it for years !!

right commotion at the intersection this morning ..serious RTA involving a milk tanker and a Kellogs cornflake delivery truck ..police suspect one of the drivers was a cereal killer ..SORRY im going for a lay down now .

DM
Yes it’s been troubling me lately , why on earth would an heir to a multi billion baht Sino Thai construction company be pressing so hard to legislate for the admittance of the Chinese so swiftly ?

https://www.thephuketnews.com/anutin-pr ... -76002.php

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 5:15 pm

Chuchi wrote:
May 9, 2020, 3:17 pm

Yes it’s been troubling me lately , why on earth would an heir to a multi billion baht Sino Thai construction company be pressing so hard to legislate for the admittance of the Chinese so swiftly ?

Here you go chuchi .. looking more likely

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regiona ... 9-hotspots

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » May 9, 2020, 5:24 pm

people out partying/mingling like the whole virus
thing never happened. too early for that just yet

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 10, 2020, 7:24 am

Chuchi wrote:
May 9, 2020, 3:17 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 9, 2020, 3:04 pm

DM

Money .If they do let the Chinese back in , expect the second wave weve all been hearing about within weeks of their arrival . Who says china has it under control . Oh yea that would be China ... UCMTSU

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2020, 9:27 am

DM rose at the usual 6am ish and made an early morning ESSENTIAL trip into town .. after a few weeks of looking like a cross between Worzel Gummidge and Osama Bin Laden first stop was a haircut n shave

7am barbers .. my '"stylist"" opens early ..60 bt done 10 mins max
Then
Breakfast at Brick House me and 2 other pale faces there social distancing of course... superb full English at 180 bt served by a lovely lass who spoke better English then what i does , bonus big proper mug of coffee and large OJ included.
Then
Dog Food shop .. forgot Sunday closed .

Noticed ... town center was great this except the Tung Sri Meang area there was a huge flea market , off the floor stalls , lots of people there.

Back in office just in time as the semi skimmed intersection is getting busy...yesterdays previously posted RTA now cleared up and DM has a stock of Kelloggs cornflakes for life :lol:

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 10, 2020, 10:42 am

Now talking of opening up the borders....
South Korea is fearing a second wave of the Coronavirus after 40 people have tested positive for the virus in Seoul just days after the country started relaxing restrictions.
All these cases have been traced to nightlife venues and the mayor of Seoul has ordered the closing of all nightclubs, discos, hostess bars and all similar establishments again.
(Bangkok Post)

So elderly expats don't relax your guard when passing the massage parlours on Soi Sampan :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2020, 11:25 am

Zidane wrote:
May 10, 2020, 10:42 am
Now talking of opening up the borders....
South Korea is fearing a second wave of the Coronavirus after 40 people have tested positive for the virus in Seoul just days after the country started relaxing restrictions.
All these cases have been traced to nightlife venues and the mayor of Seoul has ordered the closing of all nightclubs, discos, hostess bars and all similar establishments again.
(Bangkok Post)

So elderly expats don't relax your guard when passing the massage parlours on Soi Sampan :D
This could SHOULD hopefully kybosh this idea then .. for the Koreans anyway..MAYBE

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/regiona ... 9-hotspots

Whilst in the Samphan strip early this morning i did notice one massage place with some Nora Battys sat outside .. and a couple of very scary looking past the sell by date freelancers on the corner obviously hoping to snag a customer going to pick up his only matching pair of socks from the laundry and before he wipes the sleep out of his eyes.

Definately for the most part its business as usual in Udon ..less n less mask wearers since my last sortee into town .

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 11, 2020, 9:48 am

China has reported it's first double digit increase in Covid 19 cases for 10 days with 14 new cases.... 12 Chinese and 2 foreigners.

Germany is also reporting a spike in new cases after relaxing lockdown rules a few days ago.

(Al Jazeera)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2020, 10:23 am

Zidane wrote:
May 11, 2020, 9:48 am
China has reported it's first double digit increase in Covid 19 cases for 10 days with 14 new cases.... 12 Chinese and 2 foreigners.

Germany is also reporting a spike in new cases after relaxing lockdown rules a few days ago.

(Al Jazeera)
Germany "R" Rate now back up to over one which is where Stephen Powis said UK would need to re lockdown.

Disneyland in China re opens

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 11, 2020, 6:44 pm

Zidane wrote:

(Al Jazeera)
Reportedly along with an unusual spike of 10,000 deaths of Chinese in their late 70s who have been diagnosed with the common cold.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2020, 7:41 pm

They all ran out of breath during a particularly poignant rendition of We'el keep the Red flag flying high

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 11, 2020, 8:33 pm

Chuchi wrote:
May 11, 2020, 6:44 pm
Zidane wrote:

(Al Jazeera)
Reportedly along with an unusual spike of 10,000 deaths of Chinese in their late 70s who have been diagnosed with the common cold.
Lets hope it curtails there premeditated arrival back on Thai soil despite what some in high places are pushing for..

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 12, 2020, 4:24 am

This thing is not over by a long shot . As old Winnie once said . It is not the end , it is not even the begining of the end , but it is the end of the begining . Or something very similar .
If you want me , ill be on the roof wrestling with half a tree .
Puts a whole new meaning to the phrase tree hugger .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2020, 11:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 10, 2020, 9:27 am
DM rose at the usual 6am ish and made an early morning ESSENTIAL trip into town .. after a few weeks of looking like a cross between Worzel Gummidge and Osama Bin Laden first stop was a haircut n shave

7am barbers .. my '"stylist"" opens early ..60 bt done 10 mins max
Then
Breakfast at Brick House me and 2 other pale faces there social distancing of course... superb full English at 180 bt served by a lovely lass who spoke better English then what i does , bonus big proper mug of coffee and large OJ included.
Then
Dog Food shop .. forgot Sunday closed .

Noticed ... town center was great this except the Tung Sri Meang area there was a huge flea market , off the floor stalls , lots of people there.

Back in office just in time as the semi skimmed intersection is getting busy...yesterdays previously posted RTA now cleared up and DM has a stock of Kelloggs cornflakes for life :lol:

DM
In another thread you mention how good the mature English cheddar cheese from C2MU is. So, did you forget to mention this non-essential shopping trip in the above or did you make a second non-essential trip just to get yourself some?

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”