Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » March 29, 2020, 8:28 am

I dont get the numbers for South East Asia
for the first 2 months virtual none
then bang sickness everywhere numbers climbing daily
first 2 months had tourist steaming in crowds everywhere
now we have nearly a lock down
Beaches closed in Phuket

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 29, 2020, 8:41 am

vincemunday wrote:
March 29, 2020, 8:23 am
I see and understand what you're saying Chuchi but don't the cases in Florida sort of fly in the face if that opinion? I'm not a great believer in the hot weather theory and nor is the WHO who think that this virus is more affected by body heat, our body's tend to operate at the same temperature no matter what climate we are in.
Regarding Florida Vince I was always led to believe it was home to millions of elderly Americans, but I must admit I have no knowledge of the unusually high death rate linked to the virus regarding age in that state.The weather theory I'll wait until the summer months.lm not taking this lightly as nobody wants to see a loved one taken by a virus,my fear is the social and economic instability this might create I just hope the people in charge know what they're doing. I think we can both agree we want this under control ASAP.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2020, 8:45 am

I'm sure you're right about the retirees, but there's also California, they're not doing so great either but surely if the hot weather theory was right it wouldn't be happening anyway? Totally agree on the civil unrest, Italy is already seeing it.

http://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-i ... g-11965122
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 29, 2020, 8:52 am

.lm not taking this lightly as nobody wants to see a loved one taken by a virus,my fear is the social and economic instability this might create I just hope the people in charge know what they're doing. I think we can both agree we want this under control ASAP.
[/quote]

I dont see many of the so called in charge actual sticking with what they say a week or month ago
flip flop is what has been happening pretty much world wide

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 29, 2020, 8:55 am

Chuchi wrote:
March 29, 2020, 8:12 am
Khun Paul wrote:
March 29, 2020, 6:48 am
We forget , or rather we do not get the information, that many of these people had underlying health issues which weakened their immunity. This VIRUS as I understand has the ability to seek out and attach itself to the illness you have especially if it is a respiratory Illness or a blood disorder , and make it far worse , thereby rendering the bodies ability to fight almost useless, the end result is death, sadly. Too many taken to early due to this virus .
I'm struggling with this 1019 deaths in the past couple of months out of a population of 67 Million.From what I can gather everyone linked to
People with serious underlying health problems.My opinion it will die off in the summer months just like influenza .My worry is the social unrest that will occur if the world economies don't start moving again pretty soon. Regarding bailouts with cash reserves of around 3 trillion the bills should land on China's doorstep. My views seem totally against the grain on here.
Totally agree about China . If they refuse to help , then the rest of the world should put an embargo on them till at least they clean their act up .
This is down to then , not letting the W H O , their citizens and the rest of the world know until it was too late .
It had already spread far and wide by the time they admitted it , and by trying to silence the first doctor who discovered it , they showed total disregard for anyone or anything that might of effected their economy .
I think i caught a mild dose of this on a flight from Heathrow to Muscat which was of Asians on !st of January . An Indian gentleman sat the other side of the aisle did not stop coughing for the whole flight .
I was fine for 2 days , then i get an irritating dry cough , the next night i was really bad , could not stop coughing constantly , and sleep was impossible .
The next night i coughed myself awake and because of the coughing could not get any air into my lungs . Now i was getting a little worried . Never experienced anything like it .
Constant dry cough , vomiting , although only once , headaches on and of for a week , shortness of breath , aching all over , hot and cold shivers , no energy for week , sore throat . While the cough lasted two weeks , the other symptons subsided after five to seven days .
I honestly though i just had a bad case of the flu . Maybe i did , who knows ,but if corona is like this , you do not want to catch it . seriously you dont . =;

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 29, 2020, 9:01 am

Chuchi
It was 38 or 39C yesterday here in Thailand with a high humidity and headed that way again today I dont see teh virus leaving us here so I dont put too much into the weather playing a part

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » March 29, 2020, 9:08 am

Doodoo wrote:
March 29, 2020, 9:01 am
Chuchi
It was 38 or 39C yesterday here in Thailand with a high humidity and headed that way again today I dont see teh virus leaving us here so I dont put too much into the weather playing a part
It's a fair point Doodoo ,but isn't Europe suffering the biggest outbreaks and I don't think it's 39C there.Regarding Wuhan I'm sure I checked before and it appeared in the colder months but I stand to be corrected .

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » March 29, 2020, 9:18 am

Or maybe the air pollution will be a good match for COVID-19. Have a nice day.
[attachment=0]UD-29-03.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
UD-29-03.jpg

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 29, 2020, 9:24 am

Chuchi wrote:
March 29, 2020, 9:08 am
Doodoo wrote:
Chuchi
It's a fair point Doodoo ,but isn't Europe suffering the biggest outbreaks and I don't think it's 39C there.Regarding Wuhan I'm sure I checked before and it appeared in the colder months but I stand to be corrected .
Cannot see higher temperatures actually killing off the virus, could be that they slow down the spread a bit however. This theory has been doing the rounds for some weeks now and no one has come out with a definitive confirmation of what would be a fairly simple lab experiment/test to prove/disprove.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 29, 2020, 9:31 am

Air Quality has absolutely nothing to do with the virus, its spread, social distancing, masks etc Nothing

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2020, 10:10 am

Chuchi wrote:
March 29, 2020, 9:08 am
Doodoo wrote:
Chuchi
No America is, across all temperature ranges.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 29, 2020, 10:17 am

saint wrote:
March 29, 2020, 8:55 am
Totally agree about China . If they refuse to help , then the rest of the world should put an embargo on them till at least they clean their act up .
This is down to then , not letting the W H O , their citizens and the rest of the world know until it was too late .
It had already spread far and wide by the time they admitted it , and by trying to silence the first doctor who discovered it , they showed total disregard for anyone or anything that might of effected their economy .
I think i caught a mild dose of this on a flight from Heathrow to Muscat which was of Asians on !st of January . An Indian gentleman sat the other side of the aisle did not stop coughing for the whole flight .
I was fine for 2 days , then i get an irritating dry cough , the next night i was really bad , could not stop coughing constantly , and sleep was impossible .
The next night i coughed myself awake and because of the coughing could not get any air into my lungs . Now i was getting a little worried . Never experienced anything like it .
Constant dry cough , vomiting , although only once , headaches on and of for a week , shortness of breath , aching all over , hot and cold shivers , no energy for week , sore throat . While the cough lasted two weeks , the other symptons subsided after five to seven days .
I honestly though i just had a bad case of the flu . Maybe i did , who knows ,but if corona is like this , you do not want to catch it . seriously you dont . =;
Sounds like you definitely had it. How did your quarantine or self-isolation go? Have you made up a list of known contacts yet? Have you considered getting tested? I was reading that they hope to roll out a test for anti-bodies that can positively identify if an individual had it even if unlike you, they were asymptomatic. If the trials in the US go well, they suggest it will be a major step towards identifying if this economy-wrecking, blanket quarantining and isolation is effective or even required.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/antibody- ... d=69856623

Otherwise, you raise some interesting points.

You chose to fly with an airline that you probably were already aware would be 'full of Asians'. In fact most flights have a large contingent of 'Asians' these days. Is this relevant? Why is pointing fingers at other nationalities and ethnicities acceptable but when the Thai DPM/Health Minister points the fingers at us, the foreigner, it's suddenly all too objectionable?

Anyway, it's not the 'Chinese virus' anymore. There absolutely no sense in making China pay for the rest of the world's mostly ill-conceived, knee-jerk reparations. None. An embargo on China? Who's going to buy the following from you?

Electrical machinery, equipment: US$496.8 billion (24% of total imports)
Mineral fuels including oil: $343.6 billion (16.6%)
Machinery including computers: $190.3 billion (9.2%)
Ores, slag, ash: $163.6 billion (7.9%)
Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $98.7 billion (4.8%)
Vehicles: $75.1 billion (3.6%)
Plastics, plastic articles: $71.6 billion (3.5%)
Gems, precious metals: $60.5 billion (2.9%)
Organic chemicals: $57.8 billion (2.8%)
Copper: $40.8 billion (2%)

http://www.worldstopexports.com/chinas-top-10-imports/

More importantly, who's going to invest so much in the debt of western nations?

The WHO knew about this in late December, the same as anyone with access to the news. It was full-on by mid-January but it was still being regarded largely as China's problem. Why did the WHO wait until 11th March to call it pandemic when the recorded global spread had already exceeded their own metrics for identifying a pandemic several weeks earlier? We all watched it on prime time news, slowly unfolding across the planet. Those 2 months of hand-sitting by an agency that' plays a major part in keeping us us all safe and healthy was a hugely wasted opportunity IMHO.

And the WHO still castigates governments for not doing enough? I reckon the wonderful WHO owns the largest stable door right now, not the Chinese.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » March 29, 2020, 10:37 am

Doodoo wrote:
March 29, 2020, 9:31 am
Air Quality has absolutely nothing to do with the virus, its spread, social distancing, masks etc Nothing
I'd think that healthy lungs would be helpful in resisting the virus attack. Anything detrimental to one's lungs (smoking, air pollution etc.) would, it seems to me, weaken the body's defense mechanisms. Air quality (and other respiratory factors) may indeed have something to do with one's ability to survive the viral infection.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » March 29, 2020, 10:52 am

Here is something to ponder
7 doctors have died in the Philipines out of a reported total deaths of 68,1075 infections

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 29, 2020, 10:55 am

Is it only me that was disgusted to see that the price of ventilators had rise from $25000 to $45000

To increase the price on these just because there are 50 states & the fed gov desperate to get as may as can be produced to save peoples lives is both inhuman & unacceptable

It has not suddenly become $20000 more expensive to manufacture these items this is pure profiteering.

If the owners of this company survive CV19 they should spend the rest of their lives behind bars

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 29, 2020, 11:06 am

I predict that this thing is going to get worse before it runs its course and gets better. If it goes much longer, people are getting sick of cabin fever and are going to start going about their normal lives, virus or not.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / Covid important Information

Post by stattointhailand » March 29, 2020, 11:11 am

any way udonmap could highlight this thread and "pin it" to always appear at the top during these troubled times?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 29, 2020, 11:22 am

Chuchi wrote:
March 29, 2020, 8:12 am
My worry is the social unrest that will occur if the world economies don't start moving again pretty soon. Regarding bailouts with cash reserves of around 3 trillion the bills should land on China's doorstep.
Please explain in detail what responsibilities you feel China has, apart from humanitarian assistance and that is totally voluntary.

Why should China have anything to do with other countries not taking things seriously enough soon enough.

China is producing PPE and medical supplies at a vast rate and increasing daily.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 29, 2020, 11:32 am

In detail China should

"Supply free fortune cookies for all"
and
"Free Kungfu lessons"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 29, 2020, 11:40 am

Doodoo wrote:
March 29, 2020, 11:32 am
In detail China should

"Supply free fortune cookies for all"
and
"Free Kungfu lessons"
can you 1 x No 16 1 x No 37 and a bag of thick cut chips to that please

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”