Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 29, 2020, 6:31 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:
March 29, 2020, 2:47 pm
Also, as suggested by another member. such thread to be maintained at the top of the latest posts Forum list.
Hi, -- you mean the list on the home page? No way to do that, as it lists the 25 or 30 most recent posts. However, the Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information thread is locked to the top of the COVID-19/Corona Virus forum. I'm also open to other suggestions.

Most of my administrative time in this forum is spent removing miscellaneous discussion posts from the Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information thread and moving them to the discussion thread.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 29, 2020, 6:38 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 29, 2020, 11:11 am
any way udonmap could highlight this thread and "pin it" to always appear at the top during these troubled times?
Already done. The Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information thread is locked to appear at the top of the forum.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 29, 2020, 6:59 pm

I am no doctor, but from what I have read, having a strong immune system is one way to help your body fight the onslaught of the virus. The two aspects that keep coming up, related to having a strong immune systems are, your;
1. Intake of Vitamins which can boost the immune systems
2. Reduction of food that can cause Inflammation

From what I have read about the immune system, there are certain key Vitamins that play a part in both boosting the immune system and also reducing inflammations (which appears to be a downside to if you get the virus). They are as below

1.Consume Immune Boosting Vitamins \:D/ \:D/
To support your immune system, you can eat immunity supporting foods like citrus fruits, garlic, broccoli, and spinach. If your immune system is already weak, it can also be helpful to supplement with key vitamins and minerals that may have become depleted, such as Vitamin D, Zinc, Vitamin C and Vitamin B. Most effective way to get high doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin B and Zinc is intravenously (IV).

In addition to the Vitamins, at good intake of PROBIOTICS, PROTEIN & WATER (to flush out toxins), is recommended :wave: :wave:

Key Vitamins to Boost the Immune System :guitar: :guitar:
• Vitamin D: Mainly from sunlight, but is also found in some foods such as eggs, fish, while some milks and margarine brands may be fortified with it.
• Zinc: Shellfish, oysters and other seafood, meat, chicken, lamb, dried beans and nuts.
• Vitamin C: Oranges, lemons, limes, berries, kiwifruit, broccoli, tomatoes and capsicum.
• B12: Animal products, including eggs, meat and dairy, and also in fortified soy milk - essential for the production of Hemoglobin which carries oxygen in the blood.
• Iron: meat, chicken and fish. Vegetarian sources include legumes, whole grains and iron-fortified breakfast cereals -- essential for the production of Hemoglobin which carries oxygen in the blood.

Other helpful Vitamins :lol: :lol:
Vitamin A: Oily fish, egg yolks, cheese, tofu, nuts, seeds, whole grains and legumes
Vitamin B6 (riboflavin): cereals, legumes, green leafy vegetables, fruit, nuts, fish, chicken and meat
Vitamin B9 (folate): green leafy vegetables, legumes, nuts and seeds and commercial bread-making flour

2.Reduce or stay away from Foods that cause Inflammation :fryingpan: :evil: :evil:
Sugar, processed meat, vegetable oils, and alcohol tend to be inflammatory foods so they busy the immune system, leaving other problems in your body unaddressed. It is helpful to remove these inflammatory foods if we want a healthy immune system.

These three Vitamins (below) apparently help to control inflammation by mopping up the impact of oxidative stress produced, by free radicals that pierce cell walls causing the contents to leak.
• Vitamin C: Oranges, lemons, limes, berries, kiwifruit, broccoli, tomatoes and capsicum
• Vitamin E: Nuts, green leafy vegetables and vegetables oils.
• Selenium: Nuts, especially Brazil nuts and meat, cereals and mushrooms

Just my 2 cents worth

So from my point, I am eating,

A) An Orange very day and drinking a liter of Pineapple juice every day because it not only contains more Vitamin C, but also contains Zinc, Beta Carotene, Copper, and Folate. Topped up with some Kiwi fruit, for a good dose of Vitamin C every day

B) Broccoli every night, because it is a good source of Fibre & Protein and it also contains iron, potassium, calcium, selenium & magnesium, plus Vitamins A, C, E, K along with a good array of Vitamins B and folic acid.

C) Some Cheese & Vegemite on crackers every night, because Vegemite is one of the richest sources of Vitamin B, specifically B1 Thiamine, B2 Riboflavin, B3 Niacin and B9 Folate

D) Drasitically reduced my intake of any Sugar and now use Honey for my natural sweetener, Honey also contains vitamins such as Ascorbic acid, Pantothenic acid, B3 Nniacin, B2 Riboflavin and minerals such as Calcium, Copper, Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Potassium & Zinc

All just to give my immune system that better fighting chance. \:D/ \:D/

Hope this helps

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2020, 8:19 pm

‪According to this story in Khaosod, the Immigration Bureau will no longer fine foreigners who have overstayed due to the #COVID19 pandemic. Hopefully more details soon. ‬

Borrowed from another forum -

♦️ สตม. ยกเว้นค่าปรับ ต่างชาติอยู่เกินเวลา ช่วงวิกฤต โควิด -19 https://www.khaosod.co.th/breaking-news/news_3835225 #Thailand‬
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2020, 9:00 pm

I'd like to meet this man, his take on Corona

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0781959145
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2020, 9:48 pm

It's almost inevitable that some of us will get Covid19 not a nice thought but there's the truth. Once you are infected (assuming you aren't in hospital) you're going to need food and other supplies. Because you will be hopefully self isolating it's a great idea if you have a centralised place where you can find out where to order food and other essentials. If you are a supplier that can deliver please let me know on [email protected] and I'll produce some kind of list. This isn't just about cooked food, people will also need sanitary products etc. Stay safe.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 29, 2020, 9:59 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
March 29, 2020, 6:59 pm

liter of Pineapple juice every day
Everything apart from that one (and the vegemite, it should be marmite :D ) is good or does no harm. The problem with the pineapple juice (Not pineapple fruit) is that the dietary fiber is gone and the sugar is quite high.

If you eat the whole fruit you probably could not eat enough to add up to that amount of juice as it would be more than a kg of pealed pineapple and with the pineapple fruit the fibre will slow down the sugar uptake.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2020, 10:04 pm

It HAS to be Marmite 100%

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 29, 2020, 10:11 pm

The old vulnerable people being at risk theory is falling apart a bit with the UK govt reporting that lots of 30 and 40 year olds are contracting Covid19, stay home, stay safe.

A quote from Sky "Dr Rosena Allin-Khan: More COVID-19 patients in their 30s and 40s who were 'previously fit and well' being admitted to hospital"

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 29, 2020, 11:25 pm

The problem when you get older and why you are more vulnerable, is referred to as "Immunosenescence", a gradual deterioration of the body immune system, brought on by natural ageing.

At this time with the Covid 19 virus, all the human body has to fight off/push back the virus from wrecking our Respiratory system, is our natural body defense mechanism, i.e. our own immune system. Nothing else.

The strength of your body Immune System if and when you catch it will be one of the key determining factors in your chances of survival. That along with medical attention, to assist in getting the oxygen into you blood system so your other organs (i.e. Heart) don't starve for oxygen.

Yes the Heart muscle needs lots of oxygen and it receives it though the blood via coronary arteries, not from blood flowing through the Heart.

https://www.immunology.org/news/immunos ... thy-ageing

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on March 29, 2020, 11:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 29, 2020, 11:31 pm

vincemunday wrote:
March 29, 2020, 10:04 pm
It HAS to be Marmite 100%
Sorry Vince but I could never come to grips with the taste of Marmite. Each to his own Vince.They are acquired tastes [-o< [-o<

I suppose the difference between Vegemite and Marmite, is the same as that between Girlfriends and Wives. Also acquired tastes in the eyes of the beholder. \:D/ \:D/ =D>

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 29, 2020, 11:48 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 29, 2020, 9:59 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

Everything apart from that one (and the vegemite, it should be marmite :D ) is good or does no harm. The problem with the pineapple juice (Not pineapple fruit) is that the dietary fiber is gone and the sugar is quite high.

If you eat the whole fruit you probably could not eat enough to add up to that amount of juice as it would be more than a kg of pealed pineapple and with the pineapple fruit the fibre will slow down the sugar uptake.
HI STWW, its the sugar free one (a little bitter), that I get. The Pineapple juice less acidic than the Orange juice for me, so it doesn't upset my stomach as much, late in the day. That why I down the PJ as opposed to the Orange juice.

Its still high in Vitamin C with some Vitamin A and E thrown in the mix

I might move onto Grapefruit or Pomelo

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 30, 2020, 12:28 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
March 29, 2020, 11:48 pm
March 29, 2020, 9:59 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

HI STWW, its the sugar free one (a little bitter), that I get. The Pineapple juice less acidic than the Orange juice for me, so it doesn't upset my stomach as much, late in the day. That why I down the PJ as opposed to the Orange juice.

Its still high in Vitamin C with some Vitamin A and E thrown in the mix

I might move onto Grapefruit or Pomelo
Sorry but the sugar free doesn’t actually mean much just that they haven’t added any extra, they certainly don’t reduce the natural sugar content, it is still a high sugar drink. I don’t have the numbers at the moment but Orange juice has more sugar than Coke and Pepsi PJ is about as good for you. None of the fruit juices are much better than drinking Coke.

The Vitamin C, A and E are OK but better to get them from fruit

As to the Marmite Vegemite thing the high vitamin content is virtually the same but with both they are an acquired taste and mostly people who like one dislike the other.

I used to drink fruit juice regularly but then I found out Exactly how bad it was

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/t ... -than-soda

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 30, 2020, 6:35 am

Moving on from fruit juice, I read Putin's lies and pissing around in Russia, which have probably been as bad as what Trump has served up in the US, are finally catching up with him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -cracking/

The former superpower is about to get clobbered by Covid 19.

And where's our Vlad? He's been very quiet.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 30, 2020, 6:52 am

That article is behind a paywall so making it impossible to read

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 30, 2020, 6:54 am

I can read it okay and I’m not subscribed.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 30, 2020, 7:07 am

vincemunday wrote:
March 30, 2020, 6:54 am
I can read it okay and I’m not subscribed.
392FA2CE-250B-4AC6-929D-103704FC1F74.png

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 30, 2020, 7:40 am

Perhaps you've already read your free Washington Post pages for March? Wait until next month although jack had a fairly recent thread showing how to get around these paywalls.

It's worth following what they're doing and not doing in Australia. They aren't yet in what others might call a lock down and the Australian federal government seems very keen to avoid that:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-29/ ... n=analysis

Good luck to them if they can get away with it. The Aussies very very reluctantly suspended their professional winter sports. More than a few Aussie males will be deeply mourning this loss.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 30, 2020, 9:15 am

March 30, 2020, 6:52 am
That article is behind a paywall so making it impossible to read
As previously posted (includes WaPost):

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=51358

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » March 30, 2020, 10:33 am

Might be of use to some
Attachments
FB_IMG_1585539156299.jpg

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”