Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Whistler » May 31, 2020, 5:16 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 31, 2020, 5:06 pm
Judging by reports in the local press youi are more likely to contract Dengue Fever than Covid, 11,000 cases to date and the Govt is NOT rolling out Vaccination or any safety steps to protect the Population apart for the sporadic spraying . Why worry about Covid .
Yeah, dengue fever is a worldwide pandemic, it just get's bad press and a bad rap because it is not cool.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 31, 2020, 5:18 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
Judging by reports in the local press youi are more likely to contract Dengue Fever than Covid, 11,000 cases to date and the Govt is NOT rolling out Vaccination or any safety steps to protect the Population apart for the sporadic spraying . Why worry about Covid .
Probably because of this:

Covid - 3000+ cases/57 deaths

Dengue - 11,000 cases/9 deaths

Now if only they could get those blooody mosquitoes to wear masks, and maintain proper social distancing.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 31, 2020, 6:18 pm

Alright fellas
Vaccine
In 2016 a partially effective vaccine for dengue fever became commercially available in the Philippines and Indonesia] It has been approved for use by Mexico, Brazil, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Singapore, Paraguay, much of Europe, and the United States.
Dengue is not in every country in the world like Covid
Dengue is spread by a Mosquito not Human to Human as is Covid

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 31, 2020, 8:12 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
Would that be because
There is no vaccine against dengue fever for travellers.
???

That there are 4 different strains and that the Only current vaccine is about 50% effective in two of those an leaves 30% unprotected in the other 2. So value for money is not clear.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 31, 2020, 9:11 pm

I dont understand Value for money??? We were talking if there is a vaccine for Dengue, which there is .

Once again with Dengue Malaria etc it is a matter of taking your medication (which is not guaranteed 100%) wearing appropriate clothing, stay in doors if at all possible etc

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » June 1, 2020, 9:10 am

Udon Map wrote:
May 31, 2020, 4:59 pm
RLTrader wrote:
May 31, 2020, 1:27 pm
Quote of the day May 31, 2020
Whether the politics came BC or AC (before or after Covid) there is an undeniable push to use Covid for social re-engineering and patterning of a docile population (including Stasi-style self regulation), for the centralization of power (Fusion of state security/police/military/media), for monetary reset (definition: wealth redistribution into the pockets of the kleptocracy) and for the use of medical martial law to introduce ID tracking (exactly what IBM+doctors did for the NAZIS).

So stop arguing over the numbers. Stop arguing whether this was planned BC or AC. Focus on what is being done. This is much bigger than a ‘cozy’ crime novel involving a mad, bad doctor with his drippy syringe.
Moneycircus
:roll:

OK, a few questions, if you don't mind....

What social re-engineering is going on? What's the goal, endpoint?

Pockets of the kleptocracy? How's that working? How's it served by the virus? Who, exactly is getting the money? Who's the kleptocracy?
You seem to be putting a lot of effort into trying to convince people (perhaps including yourself?) that the danger from the virus has been greatly exaggerated. And my questions remain unanswered....

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 1, 2020, 9:32 am

You will need to ask the author "Moneycircus" - Sorry don't currently have a link, taken from a web site comment section, and have no plan to figure out which one.

Being a moderator, and not a visitor to web site, is there a problem posting other peoples quote's? Not allowed?

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » June 1, 2020, 10:12 am

Masks Don't Work: A review of science relevant to COVID-19 social policy
Technical Report (PDF Available) · April 2020 with 390,903 Reads
The present paper about masks illustrates the degree to which governments, the mainstream
media, and institutional propagandists can decide to operate in a science vacuum, or select only
incomplete science that serves their interests. Such recklessness is also certainly the case with
the current global lockdown of over 1 billion people, an unprecedented experiment in medical
and political history.
also doubt the masks people in Udon are wearing are N95 respirators versus surgical masks.

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... ial_policy

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 1, 2020, 10:31 am

not wearing a mask sure as hell doesnt work
Must admit it is more comfort not to wear a mask

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 1, 2020, 10:37 am

noosard wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:31 am
not wearing a mask sure as hell doesnt work
Must admit it is more comfort not to wear a mask
I bought a box of the 3m N95 masks last year pre-covid to use while mowing the farm due to sinus
can't wait to take the damn things off, absolutely hate wearing them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 1, 2020, 11:04 am

Doodoo wrote:
May 31, 2020, 9:11 pm
I dont understand Value for money??? We were talking if there is a vaccine for Dengue, which there is .

Once again with Dengue Malaria etc it is a matter of taking your medication (which is not guaranteed 100%) wearing appropriate clothing, stay in doors if at all possible etc
Dengue (or dengue fever) is a disease spread to humans by mosquito bites, and is caused by one of four types of dengue viruses. It can cause severe flu-like symptoms and in severe cases can be fatal. There is no vaccine or medication that protects against dengue fever.
Oct 25, 2019

https://travel.gc.ca › diseases › dengue

Dengue fever - Travel.gc.ca

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 1, 2020, 11:09 am

Maybe a glimmer of hope for the future.....
ROME (Reuters) The new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday.
"In reality the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy " said Dr. Alberto Zangrillo, the head of San Raffaele Hospital in Milan.
"Swabs taken over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal to the ones carried out a month or two months ago " he told RAI television.
A second doctor from Northern Italy also confirmed he was seeing the coronavirus weaken.
Dr.Matteo Bassetti from the San Martino hospital in Genoa said "It is clear today the Covid -19 is different from two months ago. "

As the virus mutates it is gradually losing its strength (similar to SARS). Let's hope so.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 1, 2020, 11:22 am

Zidane wrote:
June 1, 2020, 11:09 am
ROME (Reuters) The new coronavirus is losing its potency and has become much less lethal, a senior Italian doctor said on Sunday.
"In reality the virus clinically no longer exists in Italy " said Dr. Alberto Zangrillo, the head of San Raffaele Hospital in Milan.
"Swabs taken over the last 10 days showed a viral load in quantative terms that was absolutely infinitesimal to the ones carried out a month or two months ago " he told RAI television.
A second doctor from Northern Italy also confirmed he was seeing the coronavirus weaken.
Dr.Matteo Bassetti from the San Martino hospital in Genoa said "It is clear today the Covid -19 is different from two months ago. "

As the virus mutates it is gradually losing its strength (similar to SARS). Let's hope so.
Zidane,
This is good news and no surprise to me.
I once read a massive book called, "The Coming Plague", virtually foretelling a disaster like this one.
It discussed, in medical and layman's terms, about, all the virus's on the planet.

One thing that struck me was the fact that any individual virus microbe, has only so much energy to expell.
So, they all use it differently.
EG,
Malaria saves energy by living in a mosquito and gets transmitted for free, no energy loss there, same as aids, std's etc.
The flu, cold (and Covid), use a lot of energy by being transmitted through the air.
The remaining energy is used in the best way possible,
EG, aids, herpes etc hide within the immune system
Flu's colds, etc (and Covid), constantly mutating to a slightly different form to fool the immune system.
Because of this, most of these are slow killers.
Which is also smart because it gives itself time to infect another person before it dies in the current host.

So, Covid may have used up a lot of energy in it's original form and by being airborne and quite potent at the same time
No surprise then that as it mutates, it's potency declines.
Makes total sense to me and would be welcome by all, I'm sure.

By the way, the dumbest virus on the planet is Ebola.
It uses it's energy to attack and kill the host very quickly, diminishing it's chances of being past onto another host, causing it to die out itself
Mick

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 1, 2020, 11:26 am

^^ That would be good if it is the case.

About 5 months ago, this particular coronavirus's alleged ability to mutate quickly was painted as it's strength and why it was more virulent and more deadly than SARS. Now the same mutation is being viewed as its weakness?

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » June 1, 2020, 11:28 am

tamada wrote:
June 1, 2020, 11:26 am
^^ That would be good if it is the case.

About 5 months ago, this particular coronavirus's alleged ability to mutate quickly was painted as it's strength and why it was more virulent and more deadly than SARS. Now the same mutation is being viewed as its weakness?
cockroach
For sure and as a mutated species yourself you would most assuredly know

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 1, 2020, 11:32 am

mickojak wrote:
June 1, 2020, 11:22 am
Zidane wrote:
June 1, 2020, 11:09 am

Zidane,
This is good news and no surprise to me.
I once read a massive book called, "The Coming Plague", virtually foretelling a disaster like this one.
It discussed, in medical and layman's terms, about, all the virus's on the planet.

One thing that struck me was the fact that any individual virus microbe, has only so much energy to expell.
So, they all use it differently.
EG,
Malaria saves energy by living in a mosquito and gets transmitted for free, no energy loss there, same as aids, std's etc.
The flu, cold (and Covid), use a lot of energy by being transmitted through the air.
The remaining energy is used in the best way possible,
EG, aids, herpes etc hide within the immune system
Flu's colds, etc (and Covid), constantly mutating to a slightly different form to fool the immune system.
Because of this, most of these are slow killers.
Which is also smart because it gives itself time to infect another person before it dies in the current host.

So, Covid may have used up a lot of energy in it's original form and by being airborne and quite potent at the same time
No surprise then that as it mutates, it's potency declines.
Makes total sense to me and would be welcome by all, I'm sure.

By the way, the dumbest virus on the planet is Ebola.
It uses it's energy to attack and kill the host very quickly, diminishing it's chances of being past onto another host, causing it to die out itself
Mick
Good info there. I guess it doesn't use Energizer batteries but those black Panasonic ones.

Ebola does disappear for the reasons you mention but every so often, it breaks out again. Does this indicate that it maybe 'realizes' that it has decimated the host colony and then hibernates? It then passes dormant from organism to organism before some other stimulus triggers it?

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 1, 2020, 11:33 am

tamada wrote:
June 1, 2020, 11:26 am
Now the same mutation is being viewed as its weakness?
Yes, but only from my "very" limited knowledge of the subject.
Best to see some confirmation from a more qualified person than me.

It would be great news for everyone though.

Maybe, just maybe, this crazy world could get back to normal.
Mick

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 1, 2020, 11:39 am

Mick
I dont want the world back to normal as people call it
Normal is what got us here

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 1, 2020, 11:52 am

cjd01 wrote:
June 1, 2020, 11:28 am
cockroach
For sure and as a mutated species yourself you would most assuredly know
ebola
For sure and as a perpetual sucker of life from everything you touch yourself you would most assuredly know

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 1, 2020, 11:56 am

Doodoo wrote:
June 1, 2020, 11:39 am
Mick
I dont want the world back to normal as people call it
Normal is what got us here
Well, Doo,
That's out of our hands :lol:

I do want to get back on a plane though.
Got some "normal" things planned that are waiting for action. :lol:
Mick

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”