Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 15, 2021, 12:21 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 15, 2021, 12:12 pm
also until such time as the Vaccine Manufacturers have the data, to tell you, how long your vaccination is good for, i.e. 6 months, 9 months or the one year?
The current knowledge of the length of protection from the vaccination is 8 months and going up each month. The 8 months is because that’s when the first vaccine was injected. Any time beyond this is guess work.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 15, 2021, 12:25 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 15, 2021, 12:21 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
also until such time as the Vaccine Manufacturers have the data, to tell you, how long your vaccination is good for, i.e. 6 months, 9 months or the one year?
The current knowledge of the length of protection from the vaccination is 8 months and going up each month. The 8 months is because that’s when the first vaccine was injected. Any time beyond this is guess work.
Hi STWW, have any of the Vaccine Manufacturers indicated whether you need to get the two jabs again after the 8 month period or only get a one jab Booster
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 15, 2021, 12:54 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 15, 2021, 12:25 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 15, 2021, 12:21 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
Hi STWW, have any of the Vaccine Manufacturers indicated whether you need to get the two jabs again after the 8 month period or only get a one jab Booster
Hi Phil

There is no data available that shows that the protection is lessening, so no data to support further shots or boosters.

The only reason for the 8 months at the moment is that’s the period that has passed since the first vaccinations.

An indication that may predict the protection is that immunity to SARS is currently at 17 years and going up each year. Of course you can not say that SARS-COVID-19 immunity will have the same lifespan but it’s the closest analog available so it could show a 10 year protection with the current vaccinations.

One point is that the vaccination is providing better protection than infection so the analogy to SARS protection which comes from infection not vaccination is not precisely similar
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 15, 2021, 6:38 pm

As the UK is on the cusp of opening up for the summer, word has it that the Indian double variant doesn't appear to be any more resistant to the current suite of vaccines. When it was first identified, fear that it may circumvent the vaccines mechanisms was voiced. Maybe this was due to its increased infection rate and the quite rapid spread of it globally.

This will be good news for PM Johnson along with Portugal saying UK visitors will be welcome despite there still being quite heavy social movement restrictions still in place.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2021, 10:26 am

tamada wrote:
May 15, 2021, 6:38 pm
As the UK is on the cusp of opening up for the summer, word has it that the Indian double variant doesn't appear to be any more resistant to the current suite of vaccines. When it was first identified, fear that it may circumvent the vaccines mechanisms was voiced. Maybe this was due to its increased infection rate and the quite rapid spread of it globally.

This will be good news for PM Johnson along with Portugal saying UK visitors will be welcome despite there still being quite heavy social movement restrictions still in place.
Seems like the UK's medical and scientific community are not onboard with the government's claims about the Indian variant and the vaccine resistance.

"But there are fears the new India variant could trigger a third wave, just as the “big bang” relaxation approaches. Professor Andrew Hayward, a member of the government’s taskforce on new and emerging viruses (Nervtag), said the relaxations would drive up the numbers infected with the India variant and that unvaccinated younger adults would be most at risk.

“Indoor mixing will almost certainly increase transmission of the B.1.617.2 variant but at this stage nobody can be sure by how much,” he said.

Hayward added that many people would end up in hospital if, as feared, the variant proved 40% more transmissible than previous variants, notably the Kent variant, which drove the lethal second wave over the winter. Modelling by the government’s own Sage committee of scientific advisers has already said the increase in transmissibility from the new variant could be as high as 50%."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ovid-rules

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » May 16, 2021, 11:51 am

Anybody from Hungary? Nearly 30,000 souls or a bit over 0.3% of the entire population has already died from COVID-19? That makes Hungary the worst in terms of deaths per capita of any nation yet I never see any news about it.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 16, 2021, 2:45 pm

https://www.bitchute.com/video/F8StorUnA9q8/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 16, 2021, 3:03 pm

The mRNA vaccine pioneer BioNTech of Germany has announced its chosen Singapore for its SE Asian regional headquarters and manufacturing plant. It hopes to have both up and running in 2022.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 16, 2021, 3:30 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
May 16, 2021, 11:51 am
Anybody from Hungary? Nearly 30,000 souls or a bit over 0.3% of the entire population has already died from COVID-19? That makes Hungary the worst in terms of deaths per capita of any nation yet I never see any news about it.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... y/hungary/

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 16, 2021, 4:07 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
The whole of Eastern Europe is nearly as bad, Czechia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Northern Macedonia, Slovakia and Slovenia are all in the top 12 countries and over 0.2% death rate. They are all small countries population wise so the number of deaths does not appear 'dramatic' - to outsiders.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 16, 2021, 4:21 pm

anefarious1 wrote:
Had nothing to do today, so thought I would do some number crunching

As a percentage/number of Population, Hungary has a death rate of 3027 per Million), which is worst than its immediate neighbors, as Anef pointed out. More of less, by a factor 100% to 50%,if one excludes Ukraine and Serbia. But 3 times that of Austria, which also has virtually the same size population. (Hungary 9.66 Mill and Austral 9.01 Mill population)

Austria 1157 per Mill
Slovakia 2234 per Mill
Romania 1542 per Mill
Ukraine 1105 per Mill
Slovenia 2078 per Mill
Croatia 1883 per Mill
Serbia 756 per Mill (Not sure that they are still Testing either)

All of the above closely neighboring Countries to Hungary, with Austria and Serbia, some having similar size Populations (or thereabouts) to that of Hungary and I presume, they all coped the same strain of Covid-19?

Others Countries not to far away, some having similar Population numbers to that of Hungary are Czechia, Greece, Switzerland and our mate Belarus.
Czechia 2786 per Mill
Poland 1849 per Mill
Bosnia & H 2752 per Mill
Moldova 1494 per Mill
Bulgaria 2499 per Mill
Switzerland 1232 per Mill
Italy 2055 per Mill
Greece 1095 per Mill
Belarus 285 per Million (Doubt they are even Testing)
Belgium 2122 per Mill

As a member of the EU, I would expect that standard of Hungary's Health care system, would be close to or be being par with that of other EU Members, such as Austria (1157), Slovenia (2234), Croatia (1883), Poland (1849) and Greece (1095), but I am only guessing.

If the HCS of Hungary is comparable with these 5 x Countries and if all five Counties are also counting and recording their D Rate, with some degree of accurately, then one might suspect that the higher percentage D Rate in Hungary, is either Age based (a long higher percentage of elderly) or simply down to the health of the general population. Assuming also that, these five Counties all got hit by predominantly the same Covid-19 strain/variant. :-k :-k

Then again maybe, there is simply little or no logic at all, behind the D Rate Numbers =; :-k . Maybe its just down to bad luck?

Just guessing \:D/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

pipoz4444

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » May 16, 2021, 4:46 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 16, 2021, 4:21 pm
anefarious1 wrote:
Had nothing to do today, so thought I would do some number crunching

As a percentage/number of Population, Hungary has a death rate of 3027 per Million), which is worst than its immediate neighbors, as Anef pointed out. More of less, by a factor 100% to 50%,if one excludes Ukraine and Serbia. But 3 times that of Austria, which also has virtually the same size population. (Hungary 9.66 Mill and Austral 9.01 Mill population)

Austria 1157 per Mill
Slovakia 2234 per Mill
Romania 1542 per Mill
Ukraine 1105 per Mill
Slovenia 2078 per Mill
Croatia 1883 per Mill
Serbia 756 per Mill (Not sure that they are still Testing either)

All of the above closely neighboring Countries to Hungary, with Austria and Serbia, some having similar size Populations (or thereabouts) to that of Hungary and I presume, they all coped the same strain of Covid-19?

Others Countries not to far away, some having similar Population numbers to that of Hungary are Czechia, Greece, Switzerland and our mate Belarus.
Czechia 2786 per Mill
Poland 1849 per Mill
Bosnia & H 2752 per Mill
Moldova 1494 per Mill
Bulgaria 2499 per Mill
Switzerland 1232 per Mill
Italy 2055 per Mill
Greece 1095 per Mill
Belarus 285 per Million (Doubt they are even Testing)
Belgium 2122 per Mill

As a member of the EU, I would expect that standard of Hungary's Health care system, would be close to or be being par with that of other EU Members, such as Austria (1157), Slovenia (2234), Croatia (1883), Poland (1849) and Greece (1095), but I am only guessing.

If the HCS of Hungary is comparable with these 5 x Countries and if all five Counties are also counting and recording their D Rate, with some degree of accurately, then one might suspect that the higher percentage D Rate in Hungary, is either Age based (a long higher percentage of elderly) or simply down to the health of the general population. Assuming also that, these five Counties all got hit by predominantly the same Covid-19 strain/variant. :-k :-k

Then again maybe, there is simply little or no logic at all, behind the D Rate Numbers =; :-k . Maybe its just down to bad luck?

Just guessing \:D/

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

pipoz4444
Could also be how they define a COVID-19 death. Apparently some governments will tally a COVID fatality if the person had the virus at the time of death regardless of the actual expiration cause. For sure, Europe isn't shy about reporting deaths whereas a place like Russia, for example, is a different story.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 16, 2021, 6:29 pm

Hi Anefarious, I am not looking to get close enough to taste or define it (Covid-19 death).

I am sure some of the the Governments are playing with their Numbers, by reducing their reported death rates, on paper, in all likelihood to give others the impression that they are managing the Covid-19 situation better than they really are. They probably think it will translate into giving their Economies a better chance of early recovery, under that false impression.

Each Country (not all but most) will want to look after its own self interests and that is why you will never get a cohesive World approach, to this Covid-19 pandemic or any other. Too much self interest around the World. And for those who think they could ever get the World leaders to act in a cohesive and organized way on this issue, or any future Pandemics or for that any matter at all, I would say, Ba Ha Ha [-(

It is just not in the nature of the World leaders to come together as one, on any issues, never has been and never will be. =; :-k :-k

Ba Ha Ha.gif
Ba Ha Ha.gif (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1474 times

Out of the 222 No. so called Countries in the World today, I dare say 75% plus of them are reporting rubbery if not dodgy figures (and that's is being kind), not only on their death rate, but also on number of actual reported cases. And the WHO will go along with it, for their obvious political reasons and support. What a bunch of useless F..wit the WHO are. They fail at every turn of the screw.

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on May 16, 2021, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2021, 7:39 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 16, 2021, 6:29 pm

Out of the 222 No. so called Countries in the World today, I dare say 75% plus of them are reporting rubbery if not dodgy figures (and that's is being kind), not only on their death rate, but also on number of actual reported cases. And the WHO will go along with it, for their obvious political reasons and support. What a bunch of useless F..wit the WHO are. They fail at every turn of the screw.
I am sure the WHO has not been perfect during this COVID crisis, but you have made some pretty serious allegations against them.

Do you have any evidence to back up your numbers and claims?

In the absence of which, we should probably treat your opinions with the deference they deserve.

ps great GIF.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 16, 2021, 10:01 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 16, 2021, 7:39 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
May 16, 2021, 6:29 pm

I am sure the WHO has not been perfect during this COVID crisis, but you have made some pretty serious allegations against them.

Do you have any evidence to back up your numbers and claims?

In the absence of which, we should probably treat your opinions with the deference they deserve.

ps great GIF.
Good try Jack but its not worth the argument with U, so all I will say is Ba Ha Ha

I would have thought, that you might have learnt, from your other idiotic Post under World News, but it would appear not to be the case. :-k :-k

pipoz4444

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 16, 2021, 10:38 pm

So that's a no, then.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 17, 2021, 11:50 am

rick wrote:
May 11, 2021, 2:49 pm
This an interesting paper which has tried to estimate the number of ACTUAL Covid-19 deaths so far, using excess death data. Some countries are believed to be heavily under reporting (Russia by a factor of 5) Overall deaths are estimated to be over 6 million.

http://www.healthdata.org/special-analy ... -19-deaths
Thought i would repost this as it seems relevant to what real death rates are.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 17, 2021, 12:20 pm

rick wrote:
May 17, 2021, 11:50 am
rick wrote:
May 11, 2021, 2:49 pm
This an interesting paper which has tried to estimate the number of ACTUAL Covid-19 deaths so far, using excess death data. Some countries are believed to be heavily under reporting (Russia by a factor of 5) Overall deaths are estimated to be over 6 million.

http://www.healthdata.org/special-analy ... -19-deaths
Thought i would repost this as it seems relevant to what real death rates are.
Real death rate in Thailand is almost certainly much higher as well for early days of pandemic. Covid tests were not available in district hospitals, fatalities would be marked down as flu etc. I would guess the same for most SE Asia countries and places like Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and similar undeveloped nations and more than a few developed nations too. In the case of the communist block, official figures were blocked, Belarus being one very glaring example. What will the worldwide death toll be? I would not be surprised if it topped 8M.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2021, 9:27 pm

This is an interesting development that may go towards reducing the morbidity rate of those already infected. Not a cure but an aid for those already hospitalized and struggling to fight the virus where a vaccine's delivery takes too long. Thus the "weird science" of siRNA-nanoparticle formulations enters our lexicon.

World-first COVID-19 antiviral therapy developed in Brisbane and US targets virus in the body

https://amp-abc-net-au.cdn.ampproject.o ... /100144370

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 17, 2021, 9:57 pm

tamada wrote:
May 17, 2021, 9:27 pm
This is an interesting development that may go towards reducing the morbidity rate of those already infected. Not a cure but an aid for those already hospitalized and struggling to fight the virus where a vaccine's delivery takes too long. Thus the "weird science" of siRNA-nanoparticle formulations enters our lexicon.

World-first COVID-19 antiviral therapy developed in Brisbane and US targets virus in the body

https://amp-abc-net-au.cdn.ampproject.o ... /100144370
This comes from one of the most respected research centres in the world and is very promising news.

Think of it this way, you cannot stop venomous snakes biting people, but if you can treat them when they have been bitten, then the venom is defeated. Let's hope these early results hold up long term.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”