Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Doodoo » June 29, 2021, 2:39 pm

Tam and what do you contribute
SF- Just narcistic comments to please yourself
AS I said off to the Ice House and cool off

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 29, 2021, 3:06 pm

One ม.1 student we spoke with said she like online learning as there are no disruptions during class. The DB student we know liked yesterday's session because it didn't include the usual hour spent running ragged out in the school yard.

leterry60614
udonmap.com

Post by leterry60614 » June 29, 2021, 3:25 pm

A relative of Covid-19 introduced itself to me this morning. I received a shot of the Jenssen vaccine from Johnson&Johnson in Udon Thani at the Bangkok hospital. Smooth process, very pleasant staff and nice environment. It all went well, the nurse had a good hand and after thirty minute, I received a vaccination certificate both in Thai and American for immigration. The coffee and fresh butter croissants were extra but well received. Kudos to the diplomat trailblazer, the French ambassador! Allez les bleus !
Attachments
FB0C2899-517C-49DC-B022-1B12E1F28F14.jpeg
93230540-123E-4371-8ECF-227A8E43DDE4.jpeg
672207C0-DB47-47B5-B9A6-ECCA9CE365EE.jpeg

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 29, 2021, 4:57 pm

Nothing would please me more than to send kudos to my embassy for a similar initiative but, alas, it will never happen.
Hope this alleviates some of the pain of yesterday's disappointment!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 29, 2021, 5:13 pm

The Janssen vaccine developed in the Netherlands with help from the US tax payer.
Last edited by mak on June 29, 2021, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 29, 2021, 5:23 pm

Doodoo wrote:
June 29, 2021, 1:04 pm
Then show us the "original papers"
"Just that at the moment there may be no need" You said "Currently there is no information for or against a booster." So make up your mind no information, or no need

Where are the origial papers ??????
Why should I do research for you?

You clearly feel that you can just rely on “news” reporting.

You also can’t be bothered to read.

There is no data showing that a 3 shot is needed or of benefit with the big 3 today. More data may become available at any time that gives a different answer.

Different vaccines have a different safety profile, they may need a booster.

There are mutations that occur from time to time, they may require an altered vaccine
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2021, 5:31 pm

leterry60614 wrote:
June 29, 2021, 3:25 pm
A relative of Covid-19 introduced itself to me this morning. I received a shot of the Jenssen vaccine from Johnson&Johnson in Udon Thani at the Bangkok hospital. Smooth process, very pleasant staff and nice environment. It all went well, the nurse had a good hand and after thirty minute, I received a vaccination certificate both in Thai and American for immigration. The coffee and fresh butter croissants were extra but well received. Kudos to the diplomat trailblazer, the French ambassador! Allez les bleus !
Result! Well done.

Pity about the missed penalty though.

Barney
udonmap.com

Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Barney » June 29, 2021, 5:50 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/radio/newcastle/ ... 9/13418066

But why would Oxford research to find proof of another Covid medicine being helpful.
They do make money by being the Oxford Astra Zeneca developer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Barney on June 29, 2021, 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 29, 2021, 5:52 pm

"On Monday (June 21), the French Ambassador to Thailand, Thierry Mathou announced that the French Embassy has partnered with private hospitals in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Ko Samui, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, and Udon Thani to provide free vaccinations to some French nationals living in Thailand."
So in a week's time the French Ambassador did what the US Charge d'affaires said the US Embassy was unable to do.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2021, 5:54 pm

^ Tough.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 29, 2021, 5:55 pm

Fromage dure.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 29, 2021, 5:58 pm

Heah Wood worker

You dont have to do the research for me as you said "You should really read the original papers." THat would indicate you have read them and have them

I would love to but where are they ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2021, 6:11 pm

Doodoo wrote:
June 29, 2021, 2:39 pm
Tam and what do you contribute
SF- Just narcistic comments to please yourself
AS I said off to the Ice House and cool off
Random capitalization and no punctuation would suggest someone else needs to give the keyboard a break.

BTW, haven't you got a thread somewhere that needs copy/pasting?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 29, 2021, 6:18 pm

mak wrote:
June 29, 2021, 5:52 pm
"On Monday (June 21), the French Ambassador to Thailand, Thierry Mathou announced that the French Embassy has partnered with private hospitals in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Ko Samui, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen, and Udon Thani to provide free vaccinations to some French nationals living in Thailand."
So in a week's time the French Ambassador did what the US Charge d'affaires said the US Embassy was unable to WANT to do.
Slight edit Gus

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 29, 2021, 7:25 pm

Just watching the tv news n all the channels seem.ro be focussing on the fact some superstar n i use the term loosely has had a vaccine but git covid and given it to all her family .. Ms Pancake ...who ever she is ...also gave it to other mega stars in there own right at an an acting workshop ..just why it seems so important ..and some how more serious then fred blooggs getting infected really makes my piss boil

WRGAS .. shes just another human being .. dalar here are like demi gods .. most are terrible actors ..its all good publicity and great pics of her n all.the gang bound to get ratings up for the next sh8t movie coming out

Lots of these tv celebs n movie stars are lovin the chance of a bit of covid publicity fame .. WABOW

Get well soon Pancake ..from.DM.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 29, 2021, 9:34 pm

Meanwhile, the UK gutter press seems to be dwelling on the dipshittery of some Brits in Bangkok.

14 Brits are arrested for flouting Covid-19 rules with 2am lock-in at a Thai red district bar:

Tourist moans 'What else are we supposed to do? I don't want to watch telly'

'Someone needs to help the economy. I'll be more careful now because if we step out of line we'll be doing bird in the Bangkok Hilton.'

Sounds like a quality 'tourist', no?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... t-bar.html

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 30, 2021, 9:01 am

There is a trial by the Oxford researchers in conjunction with AstraZeneca that is focusing on Modified vaccine it’s effects against the Beta variant.

This doesn’t suggest that a modified vaccine IS required, it is testing if a modified vaccine is as easy to produce as suspected and how much improved protection is provided.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 30, 2021, 9:14 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 29, 2021, 6:18 pm
mak wrote:
June 29, 2021, 5:52 pm
So in a week's time the French Ambassador did what the US Charge d'affaires said the US Embassy was unable to WANT to do.
Slight edit Gus

Dm
"The U.S. Department of State is unable to provide vaccines to the millions of Americans who reside outside of the United States."
State said unable. However the French Ambassador did what the US was unable to do quite easily. I suggest we fire Blinken and subcontract our affairs to the French Ambassador.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2021, 10:54 am

Latest update from GOV.UK for those with a plan to go there.

Update from GOV.​UK for:

Entering England during coronavirus
Red, amber and green list rules for entering England

Page summary:
Countries rated as red, amber or green for Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the rules you must follow to enter England.

Change made:
Anguilla, Antarctica/British Antarctic Territory, Antigua and Barbuda, Balearic islands, Barbados, Bermuda, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Madeira, Malta, Montserrat, Pitcairn Islands and Turks and Caicos Islands moved from amber to green list 4am, 30 June.

Dominican Republic, Eritrea, Haiti, Mongolia, Tunisia and Uganda moved from amber to red list.

Time updated:
4:00am, 30 June 2021

Thailand remains on the amber list. Reminder of entry procedures appended.

Amber list countries and territories

What you must do if you have been in an amber country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

You must follow these rules even if you have been vaccinated.

Before you travel to England you must:

take a COVID-19 test
book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 travel tests – to be taken after arrival in England
complete a passenger locator form

On arrival in England you must:

quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8

Children aged 4 and under do not need to take the day 2 or day 8 test.

You may be able to end quarantine early if you pay for a private COVID-19 test through the Test to Release scheme.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-a ... amber-list

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 1, 2021, 8:16 am

A few leftovers vaccines, yeah right
21 duped out of B36,000 for 'fake' vaccines
Bangkok Post
01/07/2021

A woman has filed a complaint with police against a man she claims duped her and others into buying a non-existent Sinopharm vaccine in Udon Thani.
The woman, identified only as Perm, lodged a complaint at Muang district police station yesterday.
She told investigators she and 21 friends had been lured by Weerasak Suksamdaeng to buy the Sinopharm vaccine. Ms Perm said she had learned from a friend that Mr Weerasak had secured some "leftover" quota of Sinopharm from the Federation of Thai Industries which bought the vaccine from the Chulabhorn Royal Academy.
Mr Weerasak said the man was charging 1,800 baht per dose. She and others transferred a combined 36,000 baht to Mr Weerasak through some friends.
After that, Ms Perm said she and other people who bought the vaccine were invited to a group chat line called Sinopharm Vaccine which was managed by a doctor called Sithichoke.
The chat line was linked to the website of the CRA to make it look reputable. It also provided vaccination guidelines and was hooked up with another group chat line called "Alternative IT for Hospital" which purports to have more than 1,300 members.
Ms Perm said she began to suspect fraud when jabbing appointments kept being postponed. The people who booked the vaccination in Bangkok on June 26 were told they would get the shots two days later. "Dr Sithichoke" said in the group chat line the jabs were deferred because of technical glitches.
On June 28, some of her friends went for the inoculation in Bangkok according to their appointment.
However, they were turned away after finding out they were not among the people scheduled for vaccination that day.
The hospital where he claimed to have worked insisted no doctor by that name was employed there. Dr Sithichoke then left the group chat line.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”