Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

samster
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by samster » January 26, 2022, 7:04 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
January 26, 2022, 4:11 am

Hilarious
Yes, I find pictures of doggies funny too.

If you think that's hilarious, here's a dog playing a guitar. It's side splittingly amusing

images.jpeg.jpg

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 26, 2022, 7:07 am

GT93 wrote:
January 26, 2022, 5:27 am
There are currently 2,000 Covid deaths a day in the US. I don't think that's funny. There are 156,000 Covid patients in hospital. I don't think their families will be laughing.
just read that myself, apparently omicron has infected so many it now kills as much as delta did during it's peak.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2022, 8:36 am

papafarang wrote:
January 26, 2022, 7:07 am
GT93 wrote:
There are currently 2,000 Covid deaths a day in the US. I don't think that's funny. There are 156,000 Covid patients in hospital. I don't think their families will be laughing.
just read that myself, apparently omicron has infected so many it now kills as much as delta did during it's peak.
That point was made by the UK's government health advisors shortly after omicron became dominant and around the time that it's low payload was being emphasized over it's high infection rate. If it's four times as infectious as delta but only hospitalises a quarter of those that catch it, it's just as bad as its predecessor.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 26, 2022, 4:00 pm

papafarang wrote:
GT93 wrote:
YES I know but the criteria still applies as per the original Covid 19, Overweight, Diabetics, those with respiratory problems , of which a lot opf Americans suffer from one or two of the above dangerous symptom s.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2022, 6:04 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 26, 2022, 4:00 pm
papafarang wrote:
GT93 wrote:
YES I know but the criteria still applies as per the original Covid 19, Overweight, Diabetics, those with respiratory problems , of which a lot opf Americans suffer from one or two of the above dangerous symptom s.
Not unique to the US. Plenty fat and otherwise unfit buggers in the UK too. Seen them with my own eyes shopping at Asda, going to the pub, picking up their (fat) kids from school.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 26, 2022, 6:21 pm

age is the key factor and then add all the co-morbidities that go with that. Roughly 3/4's of all US deaths from the start have been people over 50. https://www.statista.com/statistics/119 ... by-age-us/

The Stats here in Thailand that used to show over age 60 deaaths were almost always showing 70%.. I doubt that has changed..
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 26, 2022, 6:26 pm

and average age of death in the UK from the Oct 2020 to near now?
median age of death from COVID UK.PNG
Dave

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 27, 2022, 3:20 am

Vaccinated / unvaccinated would be interesting statistics. For me, I also don't want time off work from Covid. I can't risk much down time. And how common is Long Covid? I've read the occasional article where it seems to be quite common. Hundreds of thousands of people in the UK?

The photo: at a hospital in Lanham, Md. (Michael Robinson Chavez/The Washington Post)

Health workers not having a fun time.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 27, 2022, 5:30 pm

Danish omicron sub variant being reported ..WWTSE
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 27, 2022, 5:46 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 27, 2022, 5:30 pm
Danish omicron sub variant being reported ..WWTSE
Boo!

Now off you go and hide behind the sofa again.

https://www.afr.com/world/europe/stealt ... 125-p59qxo

BTW, I thawed and nuked a pack of 4 frozen Delifrance sultana danishes from Big C this morning. Quite good with a dusting of sinamin.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 28, 2022, 8:03 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 26, 2022, 6:26 pm
and average age of death in the UK from the Oct 2020 to near now?
median age of death from COVID UK.PNG
Some people look at this and think that Covid-19 is only a fatal disease of the old. BUT most people normally die at a similar age -
In the UK the median age at death was 82.3 years for males and 85.8 years for females and the modal (most common) age at death was 86.7 years for males and 89.3 years for females in 2018 to 2020; these show the typical ages at which death occurs and were very similar to the estimates for 2015 to 2017.
In reality, the percentage INCREASE in death rates from Covid-19 is similar for all age groups (except those aged under 25)

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 28, 2022, 3:05 pm

well, to me it indicates that older people should certainly take every precaution possible to include vaccination, boosters, masks etc. Unless of course you're like my 84 year old sister-in-law who sits under her bungalow chewing beatlenut saying, Inot me.. I'm 84, if I die I die..." Guess that would be down the same path as Meat Loaf and that's their personal decision I reckon..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 28, 2022, 3:36 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 28, 2022, 3:05 pm
well, to me it indicates that older people should certainly take every precaution possible to include vaccination, boosters, masks etc. Unless of course you're like my 84 year old sister-in-law who sits under her bungalow chewing beatlenut saying, Inot me.. I'm 84, if I die I die..." Guess that would be down the same path as Meat Loaf and that's their personal decision I reckon..
Yai had an adverse reaction to her first Chinese jab and refused to get the second one. Mrs tam is working on that. Yai doesn't go out much except when there's a death in the moobahn and of course that's probably the most dangerously crowded activity of all!

Apart from that, everyone in this house,except the youngest, are double-jabbed.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 29, 2022, 9:58 am

Now I know all you fella's know about whats on offer regarding vaccination, but just for any newbies out there.
The missus got a thing on her phone yesterday, to say any westerner / farang wanting a vaccine can go to Rajabat University, Udonthani ( sorry for the spelling ) Mon - Sat 8.00 - 16.00 and get either your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th jab, and you can choose between Sinovac, Astra or Pzfier..

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 29, 2022, 10:00 am

The science now seems to be establishing that a booster is helpful:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released a trio of studies on Friday [GT 21 January 2022] that erase any doubt that boosters are needed for optimal protection against covid-19. When science changes, policy should adapt accordingly. In this case, the same national effort used to deploy initial vaccinations should now occur for boosters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... cordingly/

Given younger people are less likely to be vaccinated and there seem to be plenty of reports of younger folks in hospital, the median age for dying from Covid might also be falling. Particularly in a country such as the US where many remain unvaccinated.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 29, 2022, 10:31 am

Interesting information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25-iJKPA1CA

That reinforces my opinion about natural immunity. As far as the boosters killing my natural immunity, that appears to not be happening. Omicron has pretty much overwhelmed the most dangerous viruses. I have always said that it is going to take herd immunity to get past the most dangerous versions. It's likely that the majority of people have already been exposed to this latest mutation. The sooner we eliminate all the useless rules, the sooner we will get back to normal living.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 6, 2022, 12:06 am

What? Vaccinations aren't working? People still carking it at record levels? Vaccinated / Unvaccinated ... Awww, that's a real shame.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 6, 2022, 6:46 am

In Thailand cases are on the up but death rate low .. so good job a vaccination was available as soon as it was.

I aint no expert virologist but It seems research is showing deaths are within a certain age range and / or due to other health issues that cause complications.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 6, 2022, 11:27 am

Seems obvious that the highest % of Americans that die of covid would be old ,,,,,,, they dont go out as much, whereas the young are more likely to die from Road accidents or being gunned down before they can catch covid

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 6, 2022, 11:52 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 6, 2022, 6:46 am
In Thailand cases are on the up but death rate low .. so good job a vaccination was available as soon as it was.

I aint no expert virologist but It seems research is showing deaths are within a certain age range and / or due to other health issues that cause complications.

DM
Amazing you are now saying what has been around for vvoer 18 months, people are dying of other Health Issues exacerbated by the Covid Virus NOT by Covid itself. Please inform the Americans they will love you .....lol

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”