Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

cjd01
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by cjd01 » June 2, 2020, 7:09 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 2, 2020, 6:53 am
Doodoo wrote:
June 2, 2020, 6:49 am
STW
your figures are causing some confusion
Population of Thailand (everyone) 69 Million
Cost of dengue injection $207USD

Why would we vaccinate Everyone when the vaccine is only effective on those that have had the Dengue disease before?
Many people read what they want understand less and then utter rubbish to justify their personal thoughts, fasiling in comprehension and reading ability.
That is why we have these stupid conversations, dealing with people who are unable to read and understand.
Well Khun Paul
This is one of the first times I've ever fully agreed with you.
and I believe you're the classic person to use as an example
kettle black

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 2, 2020, 7:53 am

How can one read when people use such words as "fasiling"?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 2, 2020, 10:12 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
June 1, 2020, 10:42 pm
Whistler wrote:
June 1, 2020, 8:49 pm
By comparison the USA is now testing around 230,000 people a day, about double the rate of the UK based on population. The countries leading testing based on population include Germany, Russia and Italy.
On total tests per million Russia is at no. 21, U.K. 26 and USA 35 Germany 38 Italy 24

Monoco, Gibraltar and the UAE are 1, 2, and 3

If the U.K. were to stop testing it would still take 2 weeks for the USA to catch up.
I would be cautious taking testing from any single source, not every country posts their tests on every tracking site. It is difficult as well as some partially post their tests and even post two sets of data.

If you looked at the data for May, The USA, Italy & Russia move well up the scale to occupy the top 3 positions. For my rankings since Jan 1 ignoring small countries like your top three as being irreverent. I only include larger countries with population of 5M or more. Always a problem with unreliable sources, for this reason I have left China out

Italy ranks no 1, the top 20 based on tests per 1000, the rankings are

Italy
Lithuania
Denmark
Estonia
Switzerland
Latvia
Israel
Russia
New Zealand
United States
Austria
Belgium
Slovenia
Australia
Norway
Czech Republic
Canada
Finland
Kazakhstan

Source: Genetica C19 Project
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 2, 2020, 10:40 am

Testing for virus and numbers
USA has done 18 million tests
Had 1.8m confirmed positive results
Population of 330m
Number need testing is 328.2 approx
Reason being all the negatives get put back in to the pool that need testing

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 2, 2020, 11:58 am

Noosard, maybe. If you have an area that is free of any infections for a significant period, maybe it makes sense to test people entering that region. You could do 4000.000 tests in Udon, but as it has been Covid free for several seeks,there is a good chance you would not find an infection, and even then, who long is the test valid, should you retest every week or month? Maybe the people coming in by mass transport like buses, airline passengers and if the trains are running....

Ditto USA, some states have almost no cases, might not be necessary, but tracking, washing hands, wearing masks, checking arrivals might be sufficient.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 2, 2020, 12:27 pm

My point is whisler that the 18m tests only 1.8m are valid today plus the newly done ones today
Tomorrow is a new day and they those negative results will need retesting to stay that way

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 2, 2020, 1:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGmo7n ... AxExYM7upY

English Version

Note No English version for tomotrrow Next will ne Thursday

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 2, 2020, 1:27 pm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 2, 2020, 1:38 pm

noosard wrote:
June 2, 2020, 12:27 pm
My point is whisler that the 18m tests only 1.8m are valid today plus the newly done ones today
Tomorrow is a new day and they those negative results will need retesting to stay that way
Agree, but given the massive task, I think we need to be more sophisticated than just relying on numbers ad should be targeting testing so it is most effective and not just testing for testings sake.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 2, 2020, 1:58 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 2, 2020, 10:12 am
Whistler wrote:
By comparison the USA is now testing around 230,000 people a day, about double the rate of the UK based on population. The countries leading testing based on population include Germany, Russia and Italy.
On total tests per million Russia is at no. 21, U.K. 26 and USA 35 Germany 38 Italy 24

If the U.K. were to stop testing it would still take 2 weeks for the USA to catch up.
I would be cautious taking testing from any single source, not every country posts their tests on every tracking site. It is difficult as well as some partially post their tests and even post two sets of data.

The site I use https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/about/ gets its information from the official pages of each country and often from the sites that the country is aggregating data from. They are proactively sourcing data not relying on information provided to them.
Our sources include Official Websites of Ministries of Health or other Government Institutions and Government authorities' social media accounts. Because national aggregates often lag behind the regional and local health departments' data, part of our work consists in monitoring thousands of daily reports released by local authorities. Our multilingual team also monitors press briefings' live streams throughout the day. Occasionally, we can use a selection of leading and trusted news wires with a proven history of accuracy in communicating the data reported by Governments in live press conferences before it is published on the Official Websites.
You quote a source but no link to it. Virtually every statistics post picture I make has the origin link at the top.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 2, 2020, 2:33 pm

1 today
Attachments
FB_IMG_1591081038688.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 2, 2020, 2:57 pm

June 2, 2020, 1:58 pm
Whistler wrote:
June 2, 2020, 10:12 am
Whistler wrote:

The site I use https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/about/ gets its information from the official pages of each country and often from the sites that the country is aggregating data from. They are proactively sourcing data not relying on information provided to them.
Our sources include Official Websites of Ministries of Health or other Government Institutions and Government authorities' social media accounts. Because national aggregates often lag behind the regional and local health departments' data, part of our work consists in monitoring thousands of daily reports released by local authorities. Our multilingual team also monitors press briefings' live streams throughout the day. Occasionally, we can use a selection of leading and trusted news wires with a proven history of accuracy in communicating the data reported by Governments in live press conferences before it is published on the Official Websites.
You quote a source but no link to it. Virtually every statistics post picture I make has the origin link at the top.
This is a non-public source at the moment. It does use worldmeter as one of it sources,which is pretty good but not infallible. As an example have a look at Belarus for cases reported, huge infection rate but hardly any deaths. Another one is https://ourworldindata.org/ but again a lot of incomplete data.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 3, 2020, 12:44 pm

Plus 1 today
Attachments
FB_IMG_1591162193975.jpg
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 4, 2020, 12:13 pm

Plus 17 today
Attachments
FB_IMG_1591247505404.jpg

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 4, 2020, 12:27 pm

Wife says all new arrivals.
None from within Thailand

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 4, 2020, 12:28 pm

From Kuwait, saudi, qatar

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 4, 2020, 12:56 pm

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 4, 2020, 1:21 pm

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 5, 2020, 7:13 am

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 5, 2020, 8:07 am

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”