Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by noosard » July 28, 2021, 6:08 pm

224860381_10158167759472050_5031340654413156296_n.jpg

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 28, 2021, 10:04 pm

Thailand will receive 415,000 British-made doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine for its vaccination programme, which has been underway since February 28th of this year. 28/07/2021
https://www.globe.co.th/news/the-uk-don ... RTHu6GmJLc

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 28, 2021, 10:32 pm

surprised some clown hasnt come up with the 5% Sinovac 3% AZ 92% H2O to get round the shortage

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » July 28, 2021, 11:36 pm

Feeling sorry for all the normal people in Thailand who are struggling to get a vaccine or a test, and expats who have put many years into the local economy and who now have to pay through the nose up for a vaccine they have no idea when they will get.
I’m considering myself fortunate as I just had my first jab today of the Pfizer vaccine with a second shot booked for 21 days time, as per the manufactures advise,
This was only possible because I went back to work, and 9 days later I’m feeling happy, the cost was 0, and I’m in of all places Iraq, it says a lot to me now regarding the state of Thailand as it is now, compared to when I first arrived.
I wish everyone future success in getting a vaccine soon.
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 29, 2021, 12:57 am

There are some Countries getting awfully close to 70% First Dose and some even above the 70% mark.

Then unfortunately there some are other Asian Countries, such as Vietnam, lagging behind at 4.7% First Dose and Philippines at 10.4% First Dose, with probably another year to go, before they can achieve what is being touted as a magical 70% vaccinate figure. With the Philippine's being so far behind the curve and also having a very dense population, it must be a high risk country for producing another Covid-19 variant, at some stage.

Myanmar, also well behind the curve, at appears to be around 3.2% ?

LINK: https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... nd-access/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 29, 2021, 4:28 am

Got out of home quarantine in the UK on Monday, after getting my 8 day test back. Vaccination today - went very smoothly, well organised - got Moderna. Only issue was the site was 10 miles away and the bus was late, made my appointment with 2 minutes to spare.

Most surprising observation - life is normal around here - nearly everything open, people outdoors do not wear masks. I am in a low density rural area so that helps. 90% in my area have had one dose and nearly 80% 2 doses.

Declan would hate it. Although the case rate is still high, the current deaths to case rate ratio is about 0.3% - a tenth of last year.

Some maths for Semperfiguy ....
All figures other than vaccination rate are just examples.

At an 80% vaccination rate, if you have 1000 people, and 100 get hospitalised with covid, and 50% of those were unvaccinated, the risk would be :-

Unvaccinated - 50 out of 200, i.e. 25%

Vaccinated - 50 out of 800 - i.e. 6.25%

So in this example unvaccinated people are 4 times more likely to be hospitalised, although the numbers are 50/50.

One other thing in Thailand, is lack of testing. the excess death rate in Thailand during May and June was 11% and 17% respectively, if my memory is correct. If all these excess deaths were Covid-19, actual deaths would be more like 300-500 a day......

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 29, 2021, 4:45 am

rick wrote:
July 29, 2021, 4:28 am
Got out of home quarantine in the UK on Monday, after getting my 8 day test back. Vaccination today - went very smoothly, well organised - got Moderna. Only issue was the site was 10 miles away and the bus was late, made my appointment with 2 minutes to spare.

Most surprising observation - life is normal around here - nearly everything open, people outdoors do not wear masks. I am in a low density rural area so that helps. 90% in my area have had one dose and nearly 80% 2 doses.

Declan would hate it. Although the case rate is still high, the current deaths to case rate ratio is about 0.3% - a tenth of last year.
Thanks for the shout out.

I love Liberty and the ability of people to make their own health choices. I also appreciate the fact that you shared the fatality ratio. That data is usually missing in all of the fear mongering efforts with case numbers only.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 29, 2021, 6:28 am

When the Supreme Court Ruled a Vaccine Could Be Mandatory
A 1905 decision provided a powerful and controversial precedent for the flexing of government authority.

In 1901 a deadly smallpox epidemic tore through the Northeast, prompting the Boston and Cambridge boards of health to order the vaccination of all residents. But some refused to get the shot, claiming the vaccine order violated their personal liberties under the Constitution.

One of those holdouts, a Swedish-born pastor named Henning Jacobson, took his anti-vaccine crusade all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. The nation's top justices issued a landmark 1905 ruling that legitimized the government’s authority to “reasonably” infringe upon personal freedoms during a public health crisis by issuing a fine to those who refused vaccination.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 29, 2021, 6:57 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
July 29, 2021, 4:45 am
rick wrote:
July 29, 2021, 4:28 am

Thanks for the shout out.

I love Liberty and the ability of people to make their own health choices. I also appreciate the fact that you shared the fatality ratio. That data is usually missing in all of the fear mongering efforts with case numbers only.
Liberty eh, well if someone refuses a vaccine and ends up in hospital with Covid, I guess they should be responsible for all medical costs then. My feeling is if you choose to forgo a vaccine then you should also refuse any medical treatment offered if you fall ill from Covid. You can't have if both ways.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 29, 2021, 7:21 am

UdonThaniPete wrote:
July 28, 2021, 11:36 pm
Feeling sorry for all the normal people in Thailand who are struggling to get a vaccine or a test, and expats who have put many years into the local economy and who now have to pay through the nose up for a vaccine they have no idea when they will get.
I’m considering myself fortunate as I just had my first jab today of the Pfizer vaccine with a second shot booked for 21 days time, as per the manufactures advise,
This was only possible because I went back to work, and 9 days later I’m feeling happy, the cost was 0, and I’m in of all places Iraq, it says a lot to me now regarding the state of Thailand as it is now, compared to when I first arrived.
I wish everyone future success in getting a vaccine soon.
Thanks Pete .. agree with your sentiment .. its a strange day when you feel safer in Iraq then you would if in Thailand covid or not .... vacced quickly as well all be it due to your work i guess..

Tizz indeed a TIT moment having thousands paid up front for a vaccine that may be free for others whilst all the time never knowing when or if it will happen at all .. sounds like the private hospitals here are gonna turn into a lottery and / or refund gig ... the latter would be no doubt a drawn out process.
I decided to register locally having also paid for the Moderna at BKKUDH and see what comes first and what the local jab will be.

Stay safe mate

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 29, 2021, 8:13 am

Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month

The authorities would be able to vaccinate a million people a day throughout the country, he said confidently without explaining the obvious discrepancy.

Maths still seems to be a problem
or is it just nose growth

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 29, 2021, 8:43 am

noosard wrote:
July 29, 2021, 8:13 am
Anutin chimed in that from next month Thailand would be getting 10 million doses of vaccine a month

The authorities would be able to vaccinate a million people a day throughout the country, he said confidently without explaining the obvious discrepancy.

Maths still seems to be a problem
or is it just nose growth
Also as an incentive twas rumoured Falangs are to get a free bar of soap with their vaccine... hope its Protex my fav!!

Lets hope Mr Anutins comments come good as the only way out this clustafook is vaccination.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 29, 2021, 8:58 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 29, 2021, 6:57 am
Liberty eh, well if someone refuses a vaccine and ends up in hospital with Covid, I guess they should be responsible for all medical costs then. My feeling is if you choose to forgo a vaccine then you should also refuse any medical treatment offered if you fall ill from Covid. You can't have if both ways.
What a silly thing to say. I have always been responsible for my own medical costs in all of my adult life. The whole point of Liberty when it comes to health care is that you can have it both ways if you're willing to be responsible for yourself. You have the freedom to choose between taking the vaccine or not. If you fall ill from getting the vaccine or from not getting the vaccine, you are responsible for it all either way.

As of today's news and all of the newly revealed side effects and antibody dependent enhancement with the vaccine, there are more reasons not to get jabbed. If you undergo the vaccine side effects and have to be hospitalized, you have no recourse against the pharmaceutical company. Those companies created these emergency untested vaccines under the condition that they would assume no legal liability for your choice. You are on the hook either way, and that is fine with me. I will take the risk.

PS - With Liberty, it is not about your feeling as it applies to me. It is about the feeling of the individual making the free choice. In true Liberty, you have no say over mine. But you can think about it any way that you want. It has no effect on me. 8)
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 29, 2021, 10:13 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
July 29, 2021, 8:58 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
July 29, 2021, 6:57 am
What a silly thing to say. I have always been responsible for my own medical costs in all of my adult life. The whole point of Liberty when it comes to health care is that you can have it both ways if you're willing to be responsible for yourself. You have the freedom to choose between taking the vaccine or not. If you fall ill from getting the vaccine or from not getting the vaccine, you are responsible for it all either way.

As of today's news and all of the newly revealed side effects and antibody dependent enhancement with the vaccine, there are more reasons not to get jabbed. If you undergo the vaccine side effects and have to be hospitalized, you have no recourse against the pharmaceutical company. Those companies created these emergency untested vaccines under the condition that they would assume no legal liability for your choice. You are on the hook either way, and that is fine with me. I will take the risk.

PS - With Liberty, it is not about your feeling as it applies to me. It is about the feeling of the individual making the free choice. In true Liberty, you have no say over mine. But you can think about it any way that you want. It has no effect on me. 8)
I don't care about the US, the vast majority of the world offers some kind of universal healthcare to it's citizens free of charge, and in those cases the government is on the hook for your care, whether you take the vaccine or refuse it.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » July 29, 2021, 10:29 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 29, 2021, 10:13 am

I don't care about the US, the vast majority of the world offers some kind of universal healthcare to it's citizens free of charge, and in those cases the government is on the hook for your care, whether you take the vaccine or refuse it.
Which makes your previous comment to me even sillier. I hope you have a great day.

PS - I believe the US has free health care under Medicaid for those less fortunate. I know that some states also have something similar that citizens of the state finance through state taxes.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » July 29, 2021, 3:04 pm

Ole Deklan is on a roll. He must think that armor he boasts about is spear proof. Free Medicare in the USA he thinks. I guess he doesn't realize workers paid into that system their entire career. Then they retire and to use their free Medicare they pay a monthly premium. All this ads to up roughly 80% of their healthcare costs. The other 20 is out of pocket or paid from another private insurance fund. One thinks he knows should learn the word research.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 29, 2021, 3:13 pm

ladda3904 wrote:
July 29, 2021, 3:04 pm
Ole Deklan is on a roll. He must think that armor he boasts about is spear proof. Free Medicare in the USA he thinks. I guess he doesn't realize workers paid into that system their entire career. Then they retire and to use their free Medicare they pay a monthly premium. All this ads to up roughly 80% of their healthcare costs. The other 20 is out of pocket or paid from another private insurance fund. One thinks he knows should learn the word research.
Who's the silly one now?? :roll:

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 29, 2021, 5:02 pm

Thailand now has 1,001 people on ventilators. Sad milestone

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » July 29, 2021, 5:04 pm

ladda3904 wrote:
July 29, 2021, 3:04 pm
Medicare and Medicaid are not the same. But whatever

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » July 29, 2021, 9:14 pm

I did not say Medicaid. Medicaid is an entirely different program.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”