Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Khun Paul » May 6, 2021, 3:54 pm

I remember saying when this Virus started swirling around , no international travel until 2022 at the earliest and that will depend on where you are going . Looks like I am out almost a year . 2023 looks good !!

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 6, 2021, 3:57 pm

Great. Could you provide more details such as: name and location of the clinic, which test is available and when ?
Thanks stay safe.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 6, 2021, 4:00 pm

the-monk wrote:
May 6, 2021, 3:57 pm
Great. Could you provide more details such as: name and location of the clinic, which test is available and when ?
Thanks stay safe.
Local clinic for local people , you do not live in their catchment area, you will NOT be registered. Hope this helps, you must have a clinic near to you

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 6, 2021, 4:27 pm

Report
Quote

Post by Giggle » May 5, 2021, 8:28 pm

"Some US states are offering Covid vaccinations to anyone -- even out of state residents, tourists, or even illegal aliens.

Now, Thailand has serious egg on its face as some Thais are arranging "vaccine tourism" to the US for the express purpose of getting a vaccine. (I have to laugh.)

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... rism-to-us

I wonder why the US Embassy couldn't arrange for an orderly administration of inoculations to US citizens here. Or at least the JUSMAG group arrange for TRICARE members to get their shots. As it stands, many are virtually prisoners here without a chance of getting out (back in principally) or finding an available vaccine. Not much good a health care plan does if you're unable to access it.

Biden's dystopia. I'm sure all the illegal alien criminals down on the boarder got their vaccinations. Scumbag liberalism."

Anybody in America is rightfully offered a jab. Anybody. Covid doesn't care who you are or who you give it to. It has no bias or obvious nativism. Btw you ever wondered where your fruit and vegetables came from, you ever watched the work they do that neither you nor I would do for quadruple the wages? Those people for the most part came from life that was a living hell and are only looking for a chance to better themselves and give their children a chance at the future, the same I at least hope you do. Go count ballots in AZ with others escaped from the loony bin.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » May 6, 2021, 6:25 pm

Now, Thailand has serious egg on its face as some Thais are arranging "vaccine tourism" to the US for the express purpose of getting a vaccine. (I have to laugh.)

Sgt,
The link says error 404 that the article is no longer available. My Wife asked me today if vaccines were available to non-citizens in the US. I told her yes. She read on FB where a Thai lady flew the the US and 1 hour after getting off the plane. The Thai Gov said it was a lie.....saving face? Talking to my son last week he said vaccine is available at most pharmacies. It is everywhere. Anyone can get vaccinated.

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » May 6, 2021, 6:27 pm

1 hour after getting off the plane she was vaccinated.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 6, 2021, 7:16 pm

Just to clarify, not all States let anyone get the vaccine, they can and do limit eligibility. The pharmacies in stores like CVS must follow state rules. I do know california is one state that allows anyone to get regardless of residency status

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 6, 2021, 7:34 pm

I'm not sure about her getting a vaccination 1 hour after getting off the plane, was she able to clear immigration that fast? Sorry, just being a smart ass. Not saying it didn't happen because I cannot speak for all states, but I don't know if you can just walk in and get the vaccination, as far as I know you have to register to get one. The reason is that only the Johnson & Johnson is a single dose, and they have to schedule your first shot and your second shot for the other vaccinations because it has to be done in certain intervals.

I do know this, there are many in the US who are refusing to get the vaccination, so there are plenty of doses. I have read where they have stated that the US might not even be able to reach herd immunity because of the reluctance of many individuals to take the vaccination.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 6, 2021, 7:59 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 6, 2021, 7:34 pm
I do know this, there are many in the US who are refusing to get the vaccination, so there are plenty of doses.
But not so many they might at least consider sending a few thousand extra over along with requirements for embassies and consulates (or JUSMAG groups) to cover TRICARE enrollees who actually pay a premium for health care -- rather than, say, illegal alien criminals who are in the US illegally and have no business being there -- who will get their vaccinations for free and immediately upon request.

Biden's vision for America. He abhors that country and its citizens. He's a disgrace.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 6, 2021, 8:05 pm

sgt wrote:
May 6, 2021, 4:27 pm

ever wondered where your fruit and vegetables came from
My garden, mainly. Some from the dalat.

Plenty of slackjawed layabout Americans who should be given the opportunity to do an honest day's work. I suppose this is before "equal opportunity" was replaced with "equal outcome." Now Americans just lie back on their E-Z recliner eating bon-bons all day, resigned to the fact illegal aliens took all the good jobs. (Jus gimme my stuffs)

See, all part of the problem.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 7, 2021, 6:50 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
I'm not sure about her getting a vaccination 1 hour after getting off the plane, was she able to clear immigration that fast? Sorry, just being a smart ass. Not saying it didn't happen because I cannot speak for all states, but I don't know if you can just walk in and get the vaccination, as far as I know you have to register to get one. The reason is that only the Johnson & Johnson is a single dose, and they have to schedule your first shot and your second shot for the other vaccinations because it has to be done in certain intervals.

I do know this, there are many in the US who are refusing to get the vaccination, so there are plenty of doses. I have read where they have stated that the US might not even be able to reach herd immunity because of the reluctance of many individuals to take the vaccination.
And your comments show just how uninformed and ignorant of the situation many are , not just in the USA but other countries as well. When they are lying in bed looking at their feet wondering why they cannot breath, then the penny might drop.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2021, 7:08 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 7, 2021, 6:50 am
Kenr6583 wrote:

And your comments show just how uninformed and ignorant of the situation many are , not just in the USA but other countries as well. When they are lying in bed looking at their feet wondering why they cannot breath, then the penny might drop.
Yep, just ask Ted Nugent, a hardcore anti-vaccination right wing conspiracy nut....

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 7, 2021, 7:37 am

I have to admit, don't follow it closely but actually have a lot of questions? , the virus broke out on Dec 31, 2019 in China and then spread all over the world, in August 2020 they already had the 1st vaccine that was followed by others, about the effectiveness of the vaccines they are not even sure yet? as well as not about the duration of protection this offers? , one speaks of a minimum of 6 months after the 2nd injection? There have also been many contradictory reports about the side effects,fe astrazenica first not suitable for 55 plus and now best for 65 +? , and if the vaccine only lasts for +6 months, then one will seriously have to overlap with booster shots to keep everyone corona-free? , surely if they continue inoculating at the present speed ? ... by the time the last one has had his injection, it has already worn off for many? and what about all the mutations? , the british version ?, brazilian?, indian, south african etc .... are the vaccines available now also resistant to that? adjusted? ... what I do know is that they are now fully live testing, in many countries the older people first? because they would be the most vulnerable? or are the guinea pigs now to see whether, fe the astrazenica is suitable for 65+ or not? , and what about long-term side effects? They don't know anything about that yet, and because everything is happening at accelerated pace , production can not follow demand? people still can't choose for themselves which poison they want to be vaccinated with? , Well, I will stick to my position, will wait until last and see what the result is of all those guinea pigs, by then maybe we will maybe have plenty of choice in any case? and hopefully they are not going to force people to vaccinate? , that would be the greatest pinnacle ... all other inoculations against any disease are not compulsory either, and what about the vaccination passport idea? , whether you are going to have such a passport or not does not matter? There is no certainty that the vaccine will protect 100%, no idea how long it will protect and nevertheless you can still bring the virus with you and transfer it, even to already vaccinated people (not 100% immunity) .... I still want to choose for myself whether I want to be vaccinated and what I want to be injected with, but we are moving more and more towards a society where people will no longer be allowed to choose but everything will obligated and your own opinion will be of no importance anymore....my humble view on this and will be surely disputable as we are all different ... ;)

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » May 7, 2021, 7:37 am

God love Ted! He sure can play the Geeetar. :D

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 7, 2021, 7:53 am

kopkei wrote:
May 7, 2021, 7:37 am
I have to admit, don't follow it closely but actually have a lot of questions? , the virus broke out on Dec 31, 2019 in China and then spread all over the world, in August 2020 they already had the 1st vaccine that was followed by others, about the effectiveness of the vaccines they are not even sure yet? as well as not about the duration of protection this offers? , one speaks of a minimum of 6 months after the 2nd injection? There have also been many contradictory reports about the side effects,fe astrazenica first not suitable for 55 plus and now best for 65 +? , and if the vaccine only lasts for +6 months, then one will seriously have to overlap with booster shots to keep everyone corona-free? , surely if they continue inoculating at the present speed ? ... by the time the last one has had his injection, it has already worn off for many? and what about all the mutations? , the british version ?, brazilian?, indian, south african etc .... are the vaccines available now also resistant to that? adjusted? ... what I do know is that they are now fully live testing, in many countries the older people first? because they would be the most vulnerable? or are the guinea pigs now to see whether, fe the astrazenica is suitable for 65+ or not? , and what about long-term side effects? They don't know anything about that yet, and because everything is happening at accelerated pace , production can not follow demand? people still can't choose for themselves which poison they want to be vaccinated with? , Well, I will stick to my position, will wait until last and see what the result is of all those guinea pigs, by then maybe we will maybe have plenty of choice in any case? and hopefully they are not going to force people to vaccinate? , that would be the greatest pinnacle ... all other inoculations against any disease are not compulsory either, and what about the vaccination passport idea? , whether you are going to have such a passport or not does not matter? There is no certainty that the vaccine will protect 100%, no idea how long it will protect and nevertheless you can still bring the virus with you and transfer it, even to already vaccinated people (not 100% immunity) .... I still want to choose for myself whether I want to be vaccinated and what I want to be injected with, but we are moving more and more towards a society where people will no longer be allowed to choose but everything will obligated and your own opinion will be of no importance anymore....my humble view on this and will be surely disputable as we are all different ... ;)
=D> =D> excellent post Kopkei ..

It would be nice to be able to choose a vaccine (even if have to pay for it) rather than be told which one you will receive.. at the moment the Sinovac seems to be the vaccine of the masses BUT talk in Bkk that there is a Phizer jab club .. where all the elites , Politicians and hisos are getting the Phizer vaccine when it has been clearly stated it not available here.... Taksin is now in the mix it appears he has highlighted this fact with proof on national TV in the last 2 days...after the current leaders did so well previous waves it got me to thinking how the covid pandemic would have been handled if he/Taksin was still in the top seat with regard to vaccine procurement and this 3 rd wave.

keep safe all.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2021, 7:56 am

kopkei wrote:
Actually everything you said was on point. And the fact of the matter is we all have free will. BUT, when you have influential people telling us ordinary people that the virus is a hoax, not to get the vaccination, it's a Democratic conspiracy, attacking people for wearing a mask, isn't that also attempting to take away somebody's free will?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 7, 2021, 8:03 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2021, 7:56 am

Actually everything you said was on point. And the fact of the matter is we all have free will. BUT, when you have influential people telling us ordinary people that the virus is a hoax, not to get the vaccination, it's a Democratic conspiracy, attacking people for wearing a mask, isn't that also attempting to take away somebody's free will?
Listening to hoaxes is total free will
same as believing hoaxes

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » May 7, 2021, 8:05 am

noosard wrote:
May 7, 2021, 8:03 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
May 7, 2021, 7:56 am

Listening to hoaxes is total free will
same as believing hoaxes
Point taken

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 7, 2021, 8:32 am

kopkei wrote:
I have to admit, don't follow it closely but actually have a lot of questions? , the virus broke out on Dec 31, 2019 in China and then spread all over the world,
No. There are blood samples taken in Italy in September 2019 that are showing positive for COVID-19 so the timeline is not correct.
about the effectiveness of the vaccines they are not even sure yet
No, they are sure about the effectiveness of the vaccine for the original virus, currently the protection for all know variants is over 70% (this is better than the flu shot).
duration of protection this offers?
the protection is currently at 8 months and going up each month. The 8 months is because that’s when the first vaccine was injected. Any time beyond this is guess work.

The rest of your post is confused.

However the risk from getting vaccinated is tiny compared to the risks from getting infected. There are a lot more problems from catching COVID 19 than death.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on May 7, 2021, 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 7, 2021, 9:11 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 7, 2021, 8:32 am

However the risk from getting vaccinated is tiny compared to the risks from getting infected. There are a lot more problems from catching COVID 19 than death.
The risk here in Udon is extremely low as well

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”