Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Kenr6583 » June 2, 2021, 1:34 am

No foreign country is obligated to provide "visitors" anything for free. If someone wants a free shot so bad, they need to hop on a plane and fly over here to the good old US of A and get one.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 2, 2021, 1:57 am

Your fantasies are getting old Tamada. Time to grow up. All the libby lies based on Trump Derangement Syndrome are being exposed one by one. How many lives were lost due to covid-related TDS?

All these despicable lefties have blood on their hands. Name the coward who murdered Babbitt. Go on...

Deplorable indeed.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 2, 2021, 2:31 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
June 2, 2021, 1:34 am
no foreign country is obligated to provide "visitors" anything for free.
JoBama doesn't need visitors. He'll send the free goods directly to anyone anywhere in the world so long as ... they're not Americans.

Boggles the mind, dunnit? Does this sound like geezer who loves his country and its people, or a power-hungry nutjob desperate to be a Sugar Daddy like he's been to so many oppressed, underprivileged welfare rats his entire life?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 2, 2021, 6:54 am

Foreigners staying in Phuket will be able to register for a state-provided COVID-19 vaccination from tomorrow (June 2), with vaccinations of leftover Sinovac vaccine doses to be rolled out on Thursday and Friday (June 3-4), it was announced today.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 2, 2021, 4:52 pm

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Tuesday that the United States would soon distribute millions of doses of coronavirus vaccines around the world.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 2, 2021, 4:56 pm

In case anyone missed it, Peru revised their Covid-19 deaths up from 69,000 to 180,000 (up by 2.5 times), based on Excess death rate. This is due to a lack of testing and hospital beds, which meant many deaths went unrecorded as Covid-19. This puts them top of the death rate league, with deaths per million at about 5,000 (0.5% of their population). Most other countries have also under reported due to lack of testing, hospitalisation or - government incompetence and just lies. And the pandemic isn't over yet.
Russia is one country under reporting - excess deaths suggest death toll was about 460,000 - and that was a month ago.
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/05/ ... 60k-a73804

Take care.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 2, 2021, 6:06 pm

As expected.
Attachments
Vimut.jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 2, 2021, 8:22 pm

mak wrote:
June 2, 2021, 6:06 pm
As expected.
The big face save or the big money grab?

The reluctance of the locals to get vaccinated may be an underlying reason for delaying vaccination? We know these Bangkok and Pattaya airport taxis and minivans that sit around with 'for hire' signs but when you jump in, the annoying first stop is the gas station to put in just enough go-juice for the one-way trip. As there's no point in having money sitting unused in a petrol tank so, using the same business model, there's no sense in having unwanted vaccines sitting around in expensive, climate-controlled conditions is there?

The government quickly said that private hospitals and institutions could sell direct to foreigners but didn't allow those entities to deal direct with the manufacturers. They have to purchase via the government from the government's paltry stockpile which is mostly made up from donations from 'you know who' and more recently, the 'other you know who'. If they had allowed foreigners to get vaccinated privately, they knew that the media would pick up on this huge disparity between the willing farang versus Thai recipients. This would make them all appear somewhat backward and superstitious in the eyes of the world and we all know the locals aren't really like that at all.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 2, 2021, 8:29 pm

There have been so many yes/no/maybe/we will/we won't announcements over the past few weeks that another one from a private hospital is not going to make any difference.

Sit back, relax, and see what actually happens.

Don't fret over what you can't control.

And if you are American, just tune in to giggle's latest updates - he seems to have a handle on everything. :D

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 3, 2021, 8:13 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 2, 2021, 8:29 pm
There have been so many yes/no/maybe/we will/we won't announcements over the past few weeks that another one from a private hospital is not going to make any difference.

Sit back, relax, and see what actually happens.

Don't fret over what you can't control.

And if you are American, just tune in to giggle's latest updates - he seems to have a handle on everything. :D
Wise words from UMs answer to Mother Theresa of Calcutta. :lol:

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » June 4, 2021, 7:55 am

Bangkok Post: “Udon Thani Hospital announced the postponement of vaccination appointments already booked for 246,000 elderly people and people with underlying medical conditions until further notice. The province has received only 3,600 doses of AstraZeneca.” #Thailand #COVID19.

Dont hold your breath for any expats waiting for vaccination anytime soon.

Courtesy of Richard Barrow

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/sta ... 6395371520

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 4, 2021, 9:03 am

Well having registered at my local health centre did get conformation that I will be vaccinated but the when is up in the air . We are all getting our knickers in a twist over this , as unless you wish to travel outside Thailand or in some cases to certain parts of Thailand there is no problem . Most of us are retirees on here so chill, what will happen will happen , neither any or you nor I can change the situation .

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » June 4, 2021, 9:40 am

'Neither any of you or I can change the situation.'

Famous last words that were uttered on July 13th 1789 in Paris, in 1916 in Russia. A few days before the Berlin Wall tumbled, and on countless other occasions.

camps
udonmap.com

Post by camps » June 4, 2021, 10:01 am

pal52 wrote:
June 4, 2021, 7:55 am
Bangkok Post: “Udon Thani Hospital announced the postponement of vaccination appointments already booked for 246,000 elderly people and people with underlying medical conditions until further notice. The province has received only 3,600 doses of AstraZeneca.” #Thailand #COVID19.

Got my vaccine on 2nd June at Udon General ( department next to Dialysis Unit) with appointment for 2 nd shot in 4 weeks time.. If anyone with underlying conditions try asking your doctor to forward your name.. My pink card was needed to register although my doctor forwarded my name beforehand....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 4, 2021, 10:23 am

camps wrote:
June 4, 2021, 10:01 am
pal52 wrote:
June 4, 2021, 7:55 am

Got my vaccine on 2nd June at Udon General ( department next to Dialysis Unit) with appointment for 2 nd shot in 4 weeks time.. If anyone with underlying conditions try asking your doctor to forward your name.. My pink card was needed to register although my doctor forwarded my name beforehand....
=D> =D> good news Paul.. keep safe n well mate

BTW .. I did raise a glass of orange squash cos the Rams stayed up in the end

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 4, 2021, 12:49 pm

They're dropping like flies:
The Chulabhorn Hospital offered a public apology today (Thursday) to people who have applied for vaccinations at the hospital, through the Chulabhorn Royal Academy channel, because it has to suspend the free service from June 14th as the academy no longer has an allocation of the two “essential” AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines from the Public Health Ministry.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 4, 2021, 12:53 pm

Dear all customers who signed up for the vaccination on Mor-Prompt application for getting vaccinated at Chiang Mai Ram hospital:
Our facility has been appointed to be a vaccination site under the cooperation of Thailand’s Government. However, the Government has postponed the contribution of Covid-19 vaccines to Chiang Mai Ram hospital until further notice.

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » June 4, 2021, 5:53 pm

my Doctor at BKK Hospital informed me I could register for my vaccination. However "the Moderna Vaccine that they are expecting may not be available until September/October.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 4, 2021, 6:15 pm

And not a bloody peep from the 'opposition'.

leterry60614
udonmap.com

Post by leterry60614 » June 4, 2021, 6:59 pm

Siam Bioscience delivers 1.8 million local AstraZeneca vaccines.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/siam ... a-vaccines

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”