Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Udon Map
Admin

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Udon Map » January 14, 2023, 4:58 pm

mak wrote:
January 14, 2023, 9:55 am
The CDC and US FDA are looking into whether Pfizer (NYSE:PFE) and BioNTech's (NASDAQ:BNTX) updated, bivalent COVID-19 vaccine is associated with a higher ischemic stroke risk in those 65 and older.
So far, at least, the answer appears to be that there's no link.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/13/heal ... troke.html

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 14, 2023, 5:23 pm

The big problem as I see it and having read many uttereances by a few doctors as usual they seem to offer a blanket possibility that it may happen without detailing those who could be at risk as they did before, regarding high blood pressure, respiratory problems etc.

Any vaccine can have side-effects we ALL know that but to state a STROKE LINK PROBLEM , without categorising and outlineing , especially those with underlying problems of those over 65 . Is like pouring petrol on a fire .
Too many variables and nothing as yet propvable one way or the other.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 14, 2023, 8:30 pm

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

COVID Pfizer Vax #4 booster offer at Udon Hospital

Post by FrazeeDK » January 16, 2023, 2:24 pm

For those of you looking to get your 2nd booster or shot #4. If you've had none they'll start you on the series.

Shot clinic is out behind the hospital set up under a large tent in the parking lot direcly across from Cafe Amason Here:
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.41695 ... 8192?hl=th

1. I received the 4th dose for free.

2. They wanted to see my vaccination certificate but when I showed them it via my Maw Prom app on my phone that was fine.

3. Got processed and got the shot (PFIZER) and received my updated vax certificated in less than 10 minutes. My Maw Prom application on my phone show an updated vax status and I received an e-mail with a PDF copy of the updated vaccine certifiate. all within a few minutes. We arrived at around 10AM and left by 1010AM.

4. Went over to the Udon Thani Provincial Health office to get our Vaccine Passports updated. Located here on the first floor of the building shown: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.41340 ... 8192?hl=th

5. Have your updated vaccine certificate, vaccine passport, your personal passport and 50 baht. The Vaccine Passport desk is in the middle of the foyer. Go to the desk and someone will come out. The update applicatiion forms are by the wall. Fill out the forms (English OK). Give it all to the person at the desk. They'll process/update the vaccine passport in their office, come back out and give you the payment slip to go to the 2nd floor to pay your 50 baht and get a receipt. Return the receipt to the person at the desk and get your updatec vaccine passport and all papers back.

6. Unlike in the past the Vaccine Passport is updated on the spot. No one week waiting to get some pu-yai to sign it at the main hospital..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 16, 2023, 3:02 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 14, 2023, 5:23 pm
The big problem as I see it and having read many uttereances by a few doctors as usual they seem to offer a blanket possibility that it may happen without detailing those who could be at risk as they did before, regarding high blood pressure, respiratory problems etc.

Any vaccine can have side-effects we ALL know that but to state a STROKE LINK PROBLEM , without categorising and outlineing , especially those with underlying problems of those over 65 . Is like pouring petrol on a fire .
But you went ahead and mentioned the two of the only three variables that have been commonly uttered at each and every stage of the pandemic.

1 ) Those over 60, and/or
2 ) Those with pre-existing conditions, and/or
3 ) Those who are immuno-defficient.

Those are pretty much the standard risk categories for pretty much any sickness, disease and vaccine.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 16, 2023, 3:20 pm

tamada wrote:
January 16, 2023, 3:02 pm
Khun Paul wrote:

But you went ahead and mentioned the two of the only three variables that have been commonly uttered at each and every stage of the pandemic.

Those are pretty much the standard risk categories for pretty much any sickness, disease and vaccine.
Strange, its called a vaccine,,, it neither prevents the transmission or catching of covid, it's only claim is it reduces the illness, I call BS on that, the side effects will be common knowledge in a few years from now. Mean while the billions of dollars are stashed away...

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 16, 2023, 3:38 pm

I'll take what I can get given my age and other pre-existing condtions. If getting a booster allows me to fight off another COVID infection (had a mild case two months ago) then that's fine with me.. As for the sceptics, you're entitled to take care of your own health as you see fit. As for the COVID vaccines, yes, they are a vaccine and no they don't prevent getting COVID.. But, the annual flu shot is also a vaccine and there are no guarantees with it either other than in doing a risk analysis the chances of it actually mitigating a flu infection likely outweigh any potential downside. As for vaccines on the market that are failures or not worth the needle? Yup, how about that SINOVAC? Or the earlier Shingles Vaccine I got back int he States then less than a year later ended up with Shingles (nasty stuff). The Thai doc at BKK Hospital laughed after diagnosing me with Shingles since my reply was "but, but, I got the shot!!" that series, at best was 50% effective..
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 16, 2023, 3:44 pm

fatbob wrote:
January 16, 2023, 3:20 pm
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Strange, its called a vaccine,,, it neither prevents the transmission or catching of covid, it's only claim is it reduces the illness, I call BS on that, the side effects will be common knowledge in a few years from now. Mean while the billions of dollars are stashed away...
True I mentioned only two but added etc, meaning that there are more , NO vaccin e ever stops you completely heting the dieases/illness you are vaccin ated against EVERYONE KLNOWS that except you it seems. BU A VACCINE does hinder the onset of the more serious sometimes fatal scenario if you catch whatever you are vaccinated against. Take Polio / TB. to name a couple .
As for transmission you are not on the same planet are you , in this case Covid and all its mutations is AIRBORNE , so unless you live in a Vaccum, it spreads.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 16, 2023, 5:15 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 16, 2023, 3:44 pm
fatbob wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

True I mentioned only two but added etc, meaning that there are more , NO vaccin e ever stops you completely heting the dieases/illness you are vaccin ated against EVERYONE KLNOWS that except you it seems. BU A VACCINE does hinder the onset of the more serious sometimes fatal scenario if you catch whatever you are vaccinated against. Take Polio / TB. to name a couple .
As for transmission you are not on the same planet are you , in this case Covid and all its mutations is AIRBORNE , so unless you live in a Vaccum, it spreads.
You talk about the same planet??? FFS, I must be because I dont understand a thing you said there, take a deep breath and try and write slowly..... When covid went through my sons class, 13 year old the vaccinated kids got sick, my bloke had a sniffle for a day, thats it, Mum and myself had nothing and showed no infection on RAT testing. So to me the proof is in the pudding, as I said, lets see in a year or two.... I'm in no hurry for another jab and never have considered a flu shot ever.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 16, 2023, 5:17 pm

fatbob wrote:
January 16, 2023, 5:15 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

You talk about the same planet??? FFS, I must be because I dont understand a thing you said there, take a deep breath and try and write slowly..... When covid went through my sons class, 13 year old the vaccinated kids got sick, my bloke had a sniffle for a day, thats it, Mum and myself had nothing and showed no infection on RAT testing. So to me the proof is in the pudding, as I said, lets see in a year or two.... I'm in no hurry for another jab and never have considered a flu shot ever.
I used to teach English maybe my other skill can assist you

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 16, 2023, 6:11 pm

fatbob wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Jeezus bob. We all know your stance on this. Nobody here's trying to convert you or sell you on anything you don't want or believe in. FWIW, everyone's metabolism and immune system is unique so comparing your kids classes or even my tribe's rather benign interaction is totally irrelevant.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 16, 2023, 7:21 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
January 16, 2023, 5:17 pm
What is this "other skill"?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 16, 2023, 8:45 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

5555555, you would have to be joking, an ex copper a teacher 555555, funniest thing I've ever heard, a sharp tool in the shed your not 55555555.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: COVID Pfizer Vax #4 booster offer at Udon Hospital

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 17, 2023, 12:24 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 16, 2023, 2:24 pm
For those of you looking to get your 2nd booster or shot #4. If you've had none they'll start you on the series.

Shot clinic is out behind the hospital set up under a large tent in the parking lot direcly across from Cafe Amason Here:
https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.41695 ... 8192?hl=th

1. I received the 4th dose for free.

2. They wanted to see my vaccination certificate but when I showed them it via my Maw Prom app on my phone that was fine.

3. Got processed and got the shot (PFIZER) and received my updated vax certificated in less than 10 minutes. My Maw Prom application on my phone show an updated vax status and I received an e-mail with a PDF copy of the updated vaccine certifiate. all within a few minutes. We arrived at around 10AM and left by 1010AM.

4. Went over to the Udon Thani Provincial Health office to get our Vaccine Passports updated. Located here on the first floor of the building shown: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.41340 ... 8192?hl=th

5. Have your updated vaccine certificate, vaccine passport, your personal passport and 50 baht. The Vaccine Passport desk is in the middle of the foyer. Go to the desk and someone will come out. The update applicatiion forms are by the wall. Fill out the forms (English OK). Give it all to the person at the desk. They'll process/update the vaccine passport in their office, come back out and give you the payment slip to go to the 2nd floor to pay your 50 baht and get a receipt. Return the receipt to the person at the desk and get your updatec vaccine passport and all papers back.

6. Unlike in the past the Vaccine Passport is updated on the spot. No one week waiting to get some pu-yai to sign it at the main hospital..
In Non Sa-At the process is somewhat similar .

1) Non Sa-At hospital has walk-in vaccinations on Wednesday afternoons. I went a little after 1pm 3 weeks ago, there were few people waiting maybe 4

2) handed my previous vaccination certificate (3 prior Pfizer jabs) along with my pink card. I can’t register with the Maw Prom app. Waited about 5~10 minutes while paperwork was completed

3) received my 4th Pfizer jab ,FOC, and was monitored for the required 30 minutes (leaving immediately after the shot is not a good idea if you are one of the tiny percentage who has a bad reaction as immediate medical attention is required)

4) I could have got the vaccination certificate the next morning but waited a week as I had a blood pressure clinic visit scheduled. I got the certificate and my yellow vaccination book updated, again like the booster it was free, unlike in Udon it was all done in the same hospital.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 17, 2023, 7:22 am

fatbob wrote:
January 16, 2023, 8:45 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
fatbob wrote:
tamada wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

5555555, you would have to be joking, an ex copper a teacher 555555, funniest thing I've ever heard, a sharp tool in the shed your not 55555555.
Thankyou for your compliment, I will pu it in my memoir, complimented by a numpty !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 17, 2023, 8:56 am

jackspratt wrote:
January 16, 2023, 7:21 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
=D> an early morning chortle ... thanks Jack.

DM currently feeling a tad under the weather after those 2 nasty cold and rainy days ... luckily the MOPH in Ban Jan is a stones throw from our new abode so went to check if i had covid as had a high temperature .. tested - neg :D

After another day or so no better so went again and the lovely young ladies there checked again no temp no sore throat defo not covid its just BEN WAT / Flu apparently mainly due to the chillier weather they have had huge numbers going through the clinic over the last week or so.

Maybe time for that 4th Phizer shot (will this sh8t ever end??).. contemplating a flu jab also as they do them at the clinic.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 17, 2023, 9:46 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 17, 2023, 8:56 am
jackspratt wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

DM currently feeling a tad under the weather after those 2 nasty cold and rainy days ... luckily the MOPH in Ban Jan is a stones throw from our new abode so went to check if i had covid as had a high temperature .. tested - neg :D

After another day or so no better so went again and the lovely young ladies there checked again no temp no sore throat defo not covid its just BEN WAT / Flu apparently mainly due to the chillier weather they have had huge numbers going through the clinic over the last week or so.

Maybe time for that 4th Phizer shot (will this sh8t ever end??).. contemplating a flu jab also as they do them at the clinic.

DM
Although you're a young buck compared with most of the the Udon old farts collective, by nature of your recent surgery where they took something out, you may fit the immunocompromised demographic? So where I would suggest you could hold off on 4th jabs and flu shots based on age, maybe you should get Pfizer Pfour just in case.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » January 17, 2023, 11:24 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 17, 2023, 8:56 am
jackspratt wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

DM
now then DM ,
i,ve just been for my 4th shot not 30 mins ago at the main general hospital ( the outside bit ) in - out - home easy less than 10 mins , straight to udon health dept to get covit passport updated while i waited ( no que - i know wrong spelling ) back home in time to watch last nights Corrie , wow what a life ....

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 17, 2023, 11:33 am

now then DM ,
i,ve just been for my 4th shot not 30 mins ago at the main general hospital ( the outside bit ) in - out - home easy less than 10 mins , straight to udon health dept to get covit passport updated while i waited ( no que - i know wrong spelling ) back home in time to watch last nights Corrie , wow what a life ....
Timmy where is the outside bit.
Is it near the entrance to Prajak Park

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » January 17, 2023, 11:37 am

Good day,
Could you tell me where exactly is the Udon Health Dept where you got your COVID passport updated !.
Thanks
Stay safe.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”