Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 4:22 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 18, 2021, 1:56 pm
Tam
I wondering why you can get your two cents worth in and then tell others this is not the place to debate. Is it now Moderator Tam??
Let's see here. I was responding to someone elses post where I agreed with what they said. I then offered an opinion. This being the 'Important Information' thread, my final comment on where to continue any debate, if any, wasn't any sort of demand for the person I was responding to to shut the f*ck up. But for the love of God, and if only to save yourself from more ridicule and embarrassment, I do wish that you would at least try to.

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by parrot » July 18, 2021, 4:56 pm

Reading through the latest announcement......it lists 14 provinces under curfew and higher restrictions, but I don't see Udon among that list. I could have missed something in reading.....but don't see anything in any of the other Udon websites that talks about curfew in Udon.
Attachments
219148692_4121327291319145_5349481293447992489_n.jpg
218224488_4121327371319137_5553707575303500073_n.jpg

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 18, 2021, 5:06 pm

Edit to my post immediately above: 13 provinces listed strict control (curfew). Udon not on that list. Udon is on the list of 53 provinces that are under some form of restrictions....but not curfew.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2021, 5:08 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 18, 2021, 3:23 pm
I was just informed by my favourite hostelry that as from tomorrow, Curfew in Udon 2100 to 0400. Resatrictions on alcohol and other big shops malls etc apart from food and drink everything else roped off. So although some say fake news why are they spouting it, I have no clue , nothing will affect me as yet .
Why would you choose to take bar stool.gossip as correct fact over local authourity official announcements which as yet are NOT confirming any curfew etc .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 18, 2021, 5:33 pm

^ I suppose it’s a good thing everyone will be able to go about their business from 21:00 with no risk of bumping into KP.

Silver linings & all that
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 18, 2021, 5:36 pm

"Why would you choose to take bar stool.gossip as correct fact over local authourity official announcements which as yet are NOT confirming any curfew etc ."

probably, like the rest of us, he's been here long enough to know that "local authourity official announcements" have a tendency to only be valid for as long as it takes them to have another breath

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 18, 2021, 5:55 pm

Tam
Why would you even offer an opinion when you tell others to take it to another place to discuss
Following your own advice shouldnt you be discussing this on another thread??? Shame Shame Shame
And I dont need God or foul words (shut the f*ck up) to discuss You really are getting down to the bottom of the barrel on this one

Tata
Hope this helps

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 18, 2021, 6:10 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 18, 2021, 5:08 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
July 18, 2021, 3:23 pm
I was just informed by my favourite hostelry that as from tomorrow, Curfew in Udon 2100 to 0400. Resatrictions on alcohol and other big shops malls etc apart from food and drink everything else roped off. So although some say fake news why are they spouting it, I have no clue , nothing will affect me as yet .
Why would you choose to take bar stool.gossip as correct fact over local authourity official announcements which as yet are NOT confirming any curfew etc .
Actually it was the OWNER of SAID Restaurant that informed me, NOT BAR STOOL GOSSIP , as he had been informed by his suppliers who are normally right regarding deliveries etc and the current COVID situation.

So those who pooh pooh my in fo , fill your boots, in matters such as this I rarely POST Gossip as it is too damn important information for us all, except those who continually fell they are above the LAW here.

They, the THAI suppliers may be wrong but these days doubtful as DM knows these suppliers are on the ball regarding movement etc

Anyone else want a cheap thrill in having a go or attempting to be funny , feel free to make fools of yourself !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2021, 6:29 pm

I assumed it was the owner who told you Paul .. IMOthats the same as bar stool gossip ... and with regard tò suppliers i can confirm NONE of them including us and iur business partners in bkk .know wtf is going on with regard to product movements and provincial.travel documentation .. let alone container arrivals duty and product labeling etc
Its changing daily

So no curfew in udon as if this moment so the info youbreceived from said owner was incorrect .. more inaccurate info n fake media anouncements like the one i posted are not required

Dm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 6:41 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 18, 2021, 5:55 pm
Tam
Why would you even offer an opinion when you tell others to take it to another place to discuss
Following your own advice shouldnt you be discussing this on another thread??? Shame Shame Shame
And I dont need God or foul words (shut the f*ck up) to discuss You really are getting down to the bottom of the barrel on this one

Tata
Hope this helps
Proof if ever proof was needed to never argue with an idiot.

Thanks for the reminder though. Much appreciated.

Ta
tam

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 18, 2021, 8:12 pm

Just found this article in the Bangkok Post from earlier today. It seems to be paraphrasing the Royal Gazette for official announcements.

No mention of Udon Thani
13 provinces to be under curfew, lockdown until Aug 2
Bangkok Post
18/07/2021, 13:44

The government is to extend the existing curfew and other tight restrictions in Greater Bangkok and four southern border provinces to at least Aug 2, and add three more provinces to the list on Tuesday.
The curfew from 9pm-4am and other restrictions have been in force since last Monday in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani and Nakhon Pathom, as well as the southernmost provinces of Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla and Yala.
The severe measures will also be imposed in three more provinces -- Chon Buri, Chachoengsao and Ayutthaya -- from Tuesday, according to the Royal Gazette published on Saturday, bringing the total number of provinces placed under lockdown to 13.

The restrictions include the closure of all stores in shopping malls at 8pm except for retailers deemed essential, such as supermarkets, chemists and those selling medical and communications equipment. A ban on dine-in eateries continues, while restaurants, wet markets and convenience stores must close from 8pm-4am. No public transport is available from 9pm-4am.
The number of provinces under close watch by authorities due to high infection rates of Covid-19 will be almost doubled -- from 24 to 43 -- according to the order in the Royal Gazette.
New transportation restrictions will apply to the entire country, it added. From Wednesday, all modes of public transport across the country have to limit passengers to half of their capacity.
The government said the restrictions will be evaluated after a week, and indicated the lockdown measures would be in place beyond Aug 2 if the pandemic continues to worsen.
The expanded measures were announced as the country reels under unprecedented numbers of new coronavirus infections and fatalities.  An all-time high of 141 deaths were reported during the national briefing on Saturday and a record-breaking 11,397 new confirmed cases were accounced on Sunday.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 18, 2021, 8:34 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 18, 2021, 6:29 pm
and with regard tò suppliers i can confirm NONE of them including us and iur business partners in bkk .know wtf is going on with regard to product movements and provincial.travel documentation .. let alone container arrivals duty and product labeling etc
Should have got into the interplanetary travel business instead of schlepping booze up n down Highway 2. Far fewer restrictions than in paradise.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 18, 2021, 9:19 pm

The simple facts are this. There are no simple facts.

Only incompetents are running the country and the provinces. Restaurants in some locations can be open until 11, but some of those same provinces have a 9pm curfew. So staff and patrons cannot go home?

The infected numbers per province seem to include those quarantined. No community based infections, but classification is based on total numbers, I think that is the case in Udon, if true, it is plain Ting Tong.

Vaccination roll out is a similar farce, a country facing the worst third wave, is exporting vaccine??? Supply of various types of vaccine is planned at a mad woman's breakfast. But they buy the worst vaccine available from China, still with inadequate quantities and still apparently useless against the Delta strain.

The cost in human life, in poor people being destroyed financially, business and industry wrecked, this is going to play out for years. The Bhat will become the SE Asian Peso with Thailand being plunged into chaos. Hyperinflation may follow. Possibly the same for many other SE Asian nations as well. This part of the world is calamitous.

The poor people of Thailand have no capability to protest or elect a competent government. The playbook of Zimbabwe and other dysfunctional nations is an example of a crazy out-of-control nation going into self destruct mode.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 19, 2021, 6:52 am

Yes thanks Niggly, I too read the announcement with interest and thanks DM, for your comments. As we see and know the situation remains fluid and subject to continual flipping whenever they feel like .
Reading the news and KNOWING that at best we only get parial information and not what the Governor of any particular province MAY impose to suit themselves or for advantage Vaccine wise etc, no-one knows
Suffice to say apart from possibly NOT being able to buy a Three piece suite, or/and non-food related items will not impinge on my life whatsoever. Curfew ? All that means is less mad noisy motorbikes screaming down the road at weird times. Oh yes I hear them going along the Sakon Nahkon road , about 1 km away as they race to see if they can get to a WAT faster .

To sum up situation fluid, pointless in discussing it , it will be what it is until it changes.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 19, 2021, 7:20 am

Giggle wrote:
July 18, 2021, 8:34 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 18, 2021, 6:29 pm
and with regard tò suppliers i can confirm NONE of them including us and iur business partners in bkk .know wtf is going on with regard to product movements and provincial.travel documentation .. let alone container arrivals duty and product labeling etc
Should have got into the interplanetary travel business instead of schlepping booze up n down Highway 2. Far fewer restrictions than in paradise.
AGAIN Giggler ..please keep up .... Been there , done it got the Tshirt ..i was involved in the travel industry way before the "entertainment" and " booze schlepping " business sectors ........ restrictions apply in all but ended up at the one that offers the best return for the least amount of effort.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 19, 2021, 7:33 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 19, 2021, 6:52 am
Yes thanks Niggly, I too read the announcement with interest and thanks DM, for your comments. As we see and know the situation remains fluid and subject to continual flipping whenever they feel like .
Reading the news and KNOWING that at best we only get parial information and not what the Governor of any particular province MAY impose to suit themselves or for advantage Vaccine wise etc, no-one knows
Suffice to say apart from possibly NOT being able to buy a Three piece suite, or/and non-food related items will not impinge on my life whatsoever. Curfew ? All that means is less mad noisy motorbikes screaming down the road at weird times. Oh yes I hear them going along the Sakon Nahkon road , about 1 km away as they race to see if they can get to a WAT faster .

To sum up situation fluid, pointless in discussing it , it will be what it is until it changes.
Indeed Paul my point exactly , doesnt matter who tells who what ... the very "fluidity " of the situation so changing daily and what may be correct yesterday isnt today or never was in the first place .. lots of fake news thats serves no purpose at all .. it remains open to conjecture if n when restrictions change how the general population will be informed so provincially every one is on the same page.

As of today
13 provinces are dark red including curfew , gatherings regs and other rules etc.
53 provinces are red ..Udon is in this category no curfew etc as yet.
7 provinces are orange

Authourities are advising against all Inter provincial travel but it is not banned AT THE MOMENT. (airlines updated already air travel stopping very soon)

Quite what a curfew achieves is up for debate .. most are tucked up in bad anyway ...and with restaurants , bars , pubs etc all closed and travel in and out of Bkk not easy my days of High quality beverage movements are suspended and i can get on with my hobbies of dog walking (dogging) , lego constructions and embroidery.

DM

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 19, 2021, 10:54 am

Seems several people who insist everybody else get locked down, distance themselves, wear face diapers, and put the kibosh on travel for the health and safety of everyone ... are the same ones who travel regularly, continue to visit entertainment venues, and continue to do business as if nothing has changed.

Lots of hypocrisy out n about.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 19, 2021, 10:58 am

Normally, I'd post this in "Udon News", but when the police bust up a chicken fight center within the ring road (between the airport and the SW ring road), it's not an ops normal sort of thing.......probably more related to the city's efforts to keep gatherings at a minimum. 35 vehicles.......so there must have been quite a gathering. I think most escaped on foot.
https://www.facebook.com/KhaoUdonOnline ... 5514330062
อ.เมืองอุดรธานี จับกุมเล่นพนันชนไก่ ได้ผู้ต้องหา 3 ราย รถ 35 คัน #ข่าวอุดรออนไลน์
วันที่ 18 กรกฎาคม 2564 เวลา14.00 น. จับกุมผู้กระทำผิดพระราชบัญญัติการพนัน พ.ศ.2478 และพระราชกำหนดการบริหารราชการในสถานการณ์ฉุกเฉิน พ.ศ.2548 ได้ผู้ต้องหา 3 ราย
1.นายปรัชญา เจ้าของสถานที่ ได้แจ้งข้อหาเป็นผู้จัดให้มีการเล่นพนันชนไก่พนันเอาทรัพย์สินกันโดยผิดกฎหมาย และข้อหา ร่วมกันชุมนุมมั่วสุมพนันชนไก่พนันเอาทรัพย์สินกันโดยผิดกฎหมาย อันเป็นความผิดตามพระราชบัญญัติการบริหารราชการในสถานการณ์ฉุกเฉิน พ.ศ.2548
2.นางสาวรุจิกา และนายธรณินทร์ ได้แจ้งข้อกล่าวหา เป็นผู้เข้าเล่นพนันชนไก่พนันเอาทรัพย์สินกันโดยผิดกฎหมาย และข้อกล่าวหาร่วมกันชุมนุมมั่วสุมพนันชนไก่พนันเอาทรัพย์สินกันโดยผิดกฎหมาย อันเป็นความผิดตามพระราชบัญญัติการบริหารราชการในสถานการณ์ฉุกเฉิน พ.ศ.2548
ทั้งนี้ จากการตรวจสอบรถยนต์ และรถจักรยายนต์ ในที่เกิดเหตุพบรวมทั้ง 2 รายการ จำนวน 35 คัน ชุดจับกุมจึงทำการอายัดนำส่งพนักงานสอบสวนสถานีตำรวจภูธรเมืองอุดรธานี เพื่อสอบสวนหาผู้กระทำผิดที่หลบหนีการจับกุมมาดำเนินคดีตามกฎหมายต่อไป
สถานที่เกิดเหตุ สวนอาหารบ้านอีสานจำปาแดงสาดแสงเดือน หมู่บ้านช้าง ตำบลหมากแข้ง อำเภอเมืองอุดรธานี จังหวัดอุดรธานี /// #อำเภอเมืองเมืองอุดรธานี

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 19, 2021, 11:10 am

50 million more doses of Pfizer vaccine, more Moderna expected to be purchased

Looks like DPM Anutin has tasked yet another government agency to start working on procurement. Note there is no reference to when these will be procured or delivered.

50 million more doses of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine and an unspecified amount of Moderna vaccine are likely to be purchased by Thailand, to address the continual surge in infections and deaths, according to Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul yesterday (Sunday).

Key words underlined.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/50-million ... purchased/

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 19, 2021, 11:11 am

Amulets.

The market for Wuhan Flu amulets is going to take off any day now. The environment is primed with the perfect blend of fear and hysteria.

Giggle's advice: Invest heavily in these lifesaving amulets for resale on the black market. Secure your retirement today!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”