Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 24, 2021, 4:55 pm

parrot wrote:
August 24, 2021, 3:38 pm

On topic, did anyone bother to ask what sort of tattoo we receive after the second dose?
A friend who payed up front for Moderna had the Sinovac then AZ as a stop gap. He was given a certificate in English containing his personal details, jabs, dates etc.

Just to add, these shots have been readily available to Farang for many weeks from the Ban Dung hospital.
Last edited by Bandung_Dero on August 24, 2021, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 24, 2021, 5:00 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 24, 2021, 4:54 pm
Just watching Thai TV and some Thai guy in Bkk looks about 40 ish ..and obviously wealthy who is proud he has now had 5 vaccine injections .. 2 Sinovac and 3 Moderna ..siting he MAY be traveling overseas.. doctors are stating its not dangerous for his health but TV commentators sayin its unfaur when so many have not had one jab yet.. thus making him.look like a **** ..

IMO ..Only one word to describe this guy ..

Greedy selfish Pompous Wanka

DM
Add to.above ..same guy is also registered to get Pfizer and intends to do so .. ..obviously nit too embarassed then .

Hope he ODz

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 24, 2021, 6:00 pm

parrot wrote:
August 24, 2021, 3:38 pm

On topic, did anyone bother to ask what sort of tattoo we receive after the second dose?
Im.predicting some sort of vaccine card being introduced , some thing on the lines of a Thai driving license but showing personal pic details and vac info .. probably will need updating in a set number of years or if a booster is taken ..
I did ask about traveling current restrictions and if/how they will.change after the second jab ... i contacted buriram.poo yai ban n he confirmed after having 2 vaccines a 14 day quarantine is not required.
Now lets hope Udon does nit go dark red

Dm

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 24, 2021, 6:19 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 24, 2021, 5:00 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Just watching Thai TV and some Thai guy in Bkk looks about 40 ish ..and obviously wealthy who is proud he has now had 5 vaccine injections .. 2 Sinovac and 3 Moderna ..siting he MAY be traveling overseas.. doctors are stating its not dangerous for his health but TV commentators sayin its unfaur when so many have not had one jab yet.. thus making him.look like a **** ..

DM
Add to.above ..same guy is also registered to get Pfizer and intends to do so .. ..obviously nit too embarassed then .

Hope he ODz

DM
Thanks for the Thai lesson today, DM. I don't know the guy....obviously a TV star of some sort. But according to the fine print, he got 2 doses of Sinovac several months ago, then traveled to the US where his doctors advised him to get Moderna shots as he only has 'one lung'. I'm guessing that somewhere in that discussion the idea of a booster shot before returning to Thailand came up. Like a lot of instagram posts, he'll probably regret advertising the fact......even if it was with doctor's orders.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » August 24, 2021, 6:32 pm

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 24, 2021, 7:22 pm

What can one say?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 25, 2021, 7:11 am

Pooclover wrote:
August 24, 2021, 6:32 pm
Unused Pfizer to be returned...

https://udontoday.co/230864/?fbclid=IwA ... bRsaWr3kMQ
The Udon today article (link above) is obviously in squiggly ... the images are from the UNI jabathon on 23 August but can anyone confirm the text and if and why unused Pfizer vaccines are being returned ?? and if correct returned to where ?? .. as there are still many Thais and expats based in Udon who will have missed the first two jab registrations and vaccination days.

Over to you Mr P. 8)

DM

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 25, 2021, 7:20 am

plenty of people registered Monday the 23rd and are scheduled for 1430 the 25th for their first jab. Through all the contortions of getting the jab there have been all sorts of information put out that was spot on and many that were not. I've come to the conclusion that when I see it with my own two eyes (that needle going into my arm on Monday) I'll believe it..
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 25, 2021, 7:36 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
August 25, 2021, 7:20 am
plenty of people registered Monday the 23rd and are scheduled for 1430 the 25th for their first jab. Through all the contortions of getting the jab there have been all sorts of information put out that was spot on and many that were not. I've come to the conclusion that when I see it with my own two eyes (that needle going into my arm on Monday) I'll believe it..
Very true... some very useful informative posts here on UM and beyond...thanks to all who have contributed.

I was sent a pic taken by someone who went to the MOPH to register yesterday ... sign on the door in Thai and English

CLOSED ..today , for lunch , for ever , indefinately ???????????????????????

So why close registration if there are Pf vaccines remaining and the demand for them still here in Udon... some members actually registered at the UNI site maybe thats an option that still remains for today ?? ..as ever with most things red tape here such as new laws , visa requirements etc there are lots of grey areas that over time become clearer.

Its great that so many have already been vaccinated locally and hopefully any stragglers will get the jab ASAP as well as the sooner the nation is "mostly" vaccinated possibly can get back to the new normal and business / economy can dust off and get moving again.

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on August 25, 2021, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 25, 2021, 7:59 am

So why close registration if there are Pf vaccines remaining and the demand for them still here in Udon... some members actually registered at the UNI site maybe thats an option that still remains for today ??

Tried the uni site first yesterday they sent us to the UPHO
Where the sign had fallen off the door
Women said finished and restuck the sign

John Jones
udonmap.com

Post by John Jones » August 26, 2021, 8:42 am

Hi all, missed the recent inoculations in Udon, tried registering by email as mates did successfully but me had no reply from [email protected], does anyone know if or when there maybe a follow-up on future jabs.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 26, 2021, 8:44 am

noosard wrote:
August 25, 2021, 7:59 am
So why close registration if there are Pf vaccines remaining and the demand for them still here in Udon... some members actually registered at the UNI site maybe thats an option that still remains for today ??

Tried the uni site first yesterday they sent us to the UPHO
Where the sign had fallen off the door
Women said finished and restuck the sign
david lee that informed me of this round has informed that this saturday they will take more. i do believe his wife is a nurse.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 26, 2021, 9:24 am

Thanks Papa will the zulu to get registered with a bit of luck

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 26, 2021, 9:37 am

Turning to those that recieved a jab, anyone experienced side effects?
I was fine until this morning when I woke with like a bruised sensation. Not a problem though, probably shouldn’t have done any Arnolds but hey it’ll be okay.
Mrs N has been complaining of a nasty ache all down her arm since about an hour after the jab & it hasn’t got any better this morning. Just waiting for the paracetamol to kick in now
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com

Post by UdonThaniPete » August 27, 2021, 12:28 am

Now more difficult than ever to return to Thailand, the UK has just put Thailand on their RED list.
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 27, 2021, 3:40 am

Niggly wrote:
August 26, 2021, 9:37 am
Turning to those that recieved a jab, anyone experienced side effects?
I was fine until this morning when I woke with like a bruised sensation. Not a problem though, probably shouldn’t have done any Arnolds but hey it’ll be okay.
Mrs N has been complaining of a nasty ache all down her arm since about an hour after the jab & it hasn’t got any better this morning. Just waiting for the paracetamol to kick in now
I got the Johnson & Johnson, my only side effect was the day after I received the shot I was warm, and then later that night I had the chills, but when I woke up the following morning I felt fine. The soreness in the arm is pretty normal from everyone I know who got the shot, including myself.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » August 27, 2021, 4:07 am

With effect from 0400 BST Monday 30th August Thailand goes onto the UK's travel RED LIST. :(

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 27, 2021, 4:17 am

UdonThaniPete wrote:
August 27, 2021, 12:28 am
Now more difficult than ever to return to Thailand, the UK has just put Thailand on their RED list.
thairedlisted.jpg
The UK's color coding doesn't affect anyone coming from the UK as everyone has to do 14 days of ASQ on arrival in Thailand regardless of their vaccination status.

It does affect those traveling from Thailand to the UK though. They now need to do the mandatory 10-day state hotel 1750 quid thing. The option to do the home isolation and personal RTK testing for those arriving from the Amberlands no longer applies.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 27, 2021, 5:15 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 24, 2021, 5:00 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

Hope he ODz

DM
He's defo got the brass neck, eh? Probably from Yorkshire too.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

John Jones
udonmap.com

Post by John Jones » August 27, 2021, 7:11 am

Any update on registration for COVID jab, missed the last lot in Udon, info much appreciated.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”