Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Miscellaneous COVID-19/Corona Virus Discussion, Questions, etc.

Post by Giggle » July 19, 2021, 11:18 am

Anybody up for a little Snake Oil?
Andrographis is a plant that is native to South Asian countries such as India and Sri Lanka. The leaf and underground stem are used to make medicine.

Andrographis is frequently used for preventing and treating the common cold and flu (influenza). Some people claim andrographis stopped the 1919 flu epidemic in India, although this has not been proven.

Andrographis is also used for a wide assortment of other conditions. It is used for digestive complaints including diarrhea, constipation, intestinal gas, colic, and stomach pain; for liver conditions including an enlarged liver, jaundice, and liver damage due to medications; for infections including leprosy, pneumonia, tuberculosis, gonorrhea, syphilis, malaria, cholera, leptospirosis, rabies, sinusitis, and HIV/AIDS; and for skin conditions including wounds, ulcers and itchiness.

Some people use andrographis for sore throat, coughs, swollen tonsils, bronchitis, and allergies. It is also used for “hardening of the arteries” (atherosclerosis), and prevention of heart disease and diabetes.

Other uses include treatment of snake and insect bites, loss of appetite, kidney problems (pyelonephritis), hemorrhoids, and an inherited condition called familial Mediterranean fever.

Andrographis is also used as an astringent, bacteria killing agent, painkiller, fever reducer, and treatment for worms.

Some Internet vendors offer andrographis products that contain extra amounts of an active ingredient called andrographolide. Some of these products are almost 30% andrographolide. However, be careful; the safety and effectiveness of andrographis preparations with high andrographolide content are unknown.

How does it work?
Andrographis might stimulate the immune system. It may improve the blood cell counts in people with HIV, and help with allergies.
https://www.rxlist.com/andrographis/supplements.htm

Our neighbor, who has been travelling to Bangkok weekly by car, is now peddling these capsules as a curative and preventative against Wuhan Flu. \:D/ =D>

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 19, 2021, 11:49 am

parrot wrote:
July 19, 2021, 10:58 am
............... but when the police bust up a chicken fight center ................. I think most escaped on foot.
https://www.facebook.com/KhaoUdonOnline ... 5514330062
Possibly on wing also. :oops:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 19, 2021, 11:55 am

With all those vehicles left at the scene shouldnt be difficult for the diligent BIB to track down attendees and extract funds based on either covid gathering restrictions and or chook boxing gambling...

BTW ... im not Thai or into chickens but know locally that soi is nick named Soi Chon Gai .. bit of a giveaway really.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 19, 2021, 5:04 pm

Giggle wrote:
July 19, 2021, 10:54 am
Seems several people who insist everybody else get locked down, distance themselves, wear face diapers, and put the kibosh on travel for the health and safety of everyone ... are the same ones who travel regularly, continue to visit entertainment venues, and continue to do business as if nothing has changed.
It would be interesting to find out if this is true.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 19, 2021, 6:52 pm

Worldwide stats of vaccines applied to population

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 19, 2021, 9:30 pm

Where is China on that list? They have a lot of answers due the world.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2021, 7:13 am

I actually tend to agree with giggle (there said it ,,ok)

Those who make the laws are all to often found to be the ones breaking them.

Seems inter provincial travel is still alive and kicking (with the correct documentation confirming essential everyday business travel ) .. our products arrived from Bkk ok and were sprayed n ready for purveyance today, did take a day longer than usual but i think thats cos it spanned the weekend and more stops en route for checks possibly... so good news no need for DM to drive our own truck down to pick up the poison thus one less filthy diesel planet wrecker on the road eh Giggsy =D> =D> ..do i get an award ????

I re checked with the village Pooey in Buriram province and 14 days quarantine after testing is now required on arrival there from a dark red zone and if poz+ off to the nearest feild hospital.. from a red zone a temp check and reporting on arrival plus self isolation at home seemed to be the way... again if poz+ its off to cardboard bed land.

Buriram much the same as Udon .. high case numbers but most of these are returnees under controlled arrival not local new infections...hence the latest colour coded map has the whole of Isan red (not dark red)

13 dark red provinces
53 red
10 orange
1 green ( assume that Phuket)

But as previously commented things are changing daily.

DM

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 20, 2021, 7:56 am

One colour out Phuket yellow
217053905_3017238321894679_7633187626846645181_n.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 20, 2021, 8:53 am

Colour might be wrong it is indeed yellow not green
It appears the sand box is having issues

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... strictions

Dm

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 20, 2021, 11:18 am

Whatever criteria they are using to determine Zone Colour, I am very dubious of their strategy when you have Chonburi making orders to change to Dark Red .
Personally stay home, go out if absolutely needed and keep ones head down seems to be the safest action, although I do like the comment from some professional body that a THIRD jab would assist, , problem with that is the vast majority have not had the FIRST one yet, so talking about a THIRD is really stupid`.

annoynimous

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by annoynimous » July 20, 2021, 11:26 am

nevermind, have found some info on FB

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 20, 2021, 11:36 am

Khun Paul wrote:
July 20, 2021, 11:18 am
Personally stay home, go out if absolutely needed and keep ones head down seems to be the safest action, although I do like the comment from some professional body that a THIRD jab would assist, , problem with that is the vast majority have not had the FIRST one yet, so talking about a THIRD is really stupid`.
Given that the vast majority of public servants, police, health care workers etc have had Sinovac and it’s effectiveness suggests that a 3rd jab with AZ makes a lot of sense for them.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 20, 2021, 3:39 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 20, 2021, 11:36 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Given that the vast majority of public servants, police, health care workers etc have had Sinovac and it’s effectiveness suggests that a 3rd jab with AZ makes a lot of sense for them.
I agree however a VACCINE will NEVER stop you getting the Virus, just mitigates its effects .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 20, 2021, 3:47 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
July 20, 2021, 3:39 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 20, 2021, 11:36 am
Khun Paul wrote:
I agree however a VACCINE will NEVER stop you getting the Virus, just mitigates its effects .
Correctly, a vaccination doesn’t guarantee that you will not catch it, roughly 50%~75% don’t get it. Of those who are vaccinated roughly 98% to 100% are protected from serious consequences and death.

So I will take not needing to go to hospital, the ICU and dying as a little better than “just mitigating its effects”

I am talking about the big 3, Sinovac seems to be less effective
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 20, 2021, 3:51 pm

From UK politics thread but couple of points re vaccination and spread of a possible Super Variant which will be immune to current vaccine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4GeJohYuIQ

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 20, 2021, 6:06 pm

Just read from the BBC. Apparently India is saying that they think up to 4,700,000 Indians have died.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 20, 2021, 6:25 pm

Not contesting it but sites have said only 414,000 in India
Now worldwide 14,000,000 have perished

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 20, 2021, 6:26 pm

Sorry worldwide 4.1 Million

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 20, 2021, 6:33 pm

Problem is that there could be 4.7 million dead in India, but nobody will be able to say for sure as 4 million of those would never have had a birth certificate in the first place, so have never existed as far as the population figures are concerned

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”