Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: U.K. going on lockdown, USA stopping restricting movement. WTF

Post by Whistler » April 10, 2020, 1:13 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 10, 2020, 12:56 pm
American exceptionalism gnaws at your soul, doesn't it, Whistler? :D
Naw, exceptional stupidity on this scale fascinates me

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 10, 2020, 1:15 pm

There, there, it'll be ok, bumpkins.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 10, 2020, 1:31 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 10, 2020, 12:56 pm
American exceptionalism gnaws at your soul, doesn't it, Whistler? :D
You are certainly winning
A single state has more confirmed cases than any other country in the world (apart from the USA ) is less than ⅓ the population of the U.K. and where the death toll is all but the same as the U.K. and has the highest number of deaths (360) per million in the world. Where the Orange said they have no need of the ventilators they asked for.

With that kind of exceptionalism I am thankful that it’s your country not mine.

Mine wins no prizes, yours does and they all are bad now.

My government were slow but the country is united, the NHS asked for a quarter of a million people to help and got ½ a million immediately.

Tho only thing that seems to be united in your country is the name.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 10, 2020, 1:51 pm

U = United, S= Stupidity

What a shame, I have so many great American friends who were so concerned when The Orange got elected, they knew he had no capacity to deal with a crisis and dreaded the day the country needed a real leader. It does say one thing about a state/federal structure, many state government leaders plugged gaps. If that had not been the case it could have been much worse.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 10, 2020, 1:54 pm

Aww, look at the angry little Brittles shaking their fists in defiance.

Cute, aren't they?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 10, 2020, 2:16 pm

You mean how NYC mayor de Blasio kept schools open nearly a month after all other schools in the country were closed due to the corona virus outbreak? That sort of cutting-edge democratic leadership?

You're a laugh a minute, Whistler.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 10, 2020, 8:17 pm

Naughty giggle, naughty naughty giggle.

No states closed schools nearly a month before NY, zero, zilch, nada. You are just another bullshitter on this forum who spouts false figures.

Just a quick look and it appears as if, 7 states closed schools faster than NY. 7 out of 50!

Mississippi smart enough to lead the pack, others beat NY by a few days, 43 closed after NY! including Republican TX who waited until April 4, TX now has more than 10,000 confirmed cases, with a huge spike from schools and Universities

Source https://www.edweek.org/ew/section/multi ... sures.html
Last edited by Whistler on April 10, 2020, 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 10, 2020, 8:57 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 10, 2020, 1:51 pm
U = United, S= Stupidity

What a shame, I have so many great American friends who were so concerned when The Orange got elected, they knew he had no capacity to deal with a crisis and dreaded the day the country needed a real leader. It does say one thing about a state/federal structure, many state government leaders plugged gaps. If that had not been the case it could have been much worse.
The real sad thing is that it would have been possible to have been so much less bad. The country should have had a leader not a “backup” but it got the best money and BS can buy

The Orange performance has made me think of Nuremberg, it and the enablers should have to answer, but probably never will.

How it is possible for so many supposedly intelligent and informed to believe the Orange Truth. But then many Americans are religious and many religions require blind faith in imaginary beings so belief in the almighty Orange is so much easier as it can be actually seen on TV.

I have no liking for politics, and would have been much happier to give the same attention to US as I usually give to U.K. or Thailand politics. The problem is that the incredible Orange slow motion car crash has taken being economically with the truth to a level that may not have been seen since 1934
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 10, 2020, 9:06 pm

Whistler wrote:
April 10, 2020, 8:17 pm

No states closed schools nearly a month before NY, zero, zilch, nada. You are just another bullshitter on this forum who spouts false figures.

Just a quick look and it appears as if, 7 states closed schools faster than NY. 7 out of 50!

Mississippi smart enough to lead the pack, others beat NY by a few days, 43 closed after NY! including Republican TX who waited until April 4, TX now has more than 10,000 confirmed cases, with a huge spike from schools and Universities

Source https://www.edweek.org/ew/section/multi ... sures.html
Even then with those earlier closures it was a massive 1 or 2 days sooner

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 10, 2020, 9:08 pm

Doesn't EVERY Hollywood disaster movie start with a Scientist providing irrefutable facts that are completely ignored by a stupid president?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 10, 2020, 9:14 pm

Maybe NYC will turn red. Thanks de Blassio. :D
Hugs for everybody!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 10, 2020, 9:23 pm

call me a bit of a cynic if ya like but I wonder how many countries/TV networks etc will keep praising the wonderful job being done in South Korea now that they have had their election?

Be interesting to see if their outstanding record continues or if their figures have a "reality" check

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 10, 2020, 9:42 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 10, 2020, 9:14 pm
Maybe NYC will turn red. Thanks de Blassio. :D
Hugs for everybody!
Nov 3

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » April 11, 2020, 2:03 pm

Trump sounding like a child trying to explain to his parents why he got into trouble at school but it wasn't his fault.

Official transcript
Trump ramble official transcript.png
EVSrxpJWAAEDMEgTrump ramble official transcript 2.png
EVSrxpJWAAEDMEgTrump ramble official transcript 2.png (11.02 KiB) Viewed 938 times

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 11, 2020, 3:09 pm

tinpeeba wrote:
April 11, 2020, 2:03 pm
Trump sounding like a child trying to explain to his parents why he got into trouble at school but it wasn't his fault.

Official transcript

Trump ramble official transcript.pngEVSrxpJWAAEDMEgTrump ramble official transcript 2.png
The transcript shows just how incompetent the Orange is at speaking English

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 11, 2020, 4:51 pm

April 6 (GMT)

31240 new cases and 1259 new deaths in the United States

An estimated additional 180 - 195 deaths per day occurring at home in New York City due to COVID-19 are not being counted in the official figures. "Early on in this crisis we were able to swab people who died at home, and thus got a coronavirus reading. But those days are long gone. We simply don't have the testing capacity for the large numbers dying at home. Now only those few who had a test confirmation *before* dying are marked as victims of coronavirus on their death certificate. This almost certainly means we are undercounting the total number of victims of this pandemic," said Mark Levine, Chair of New York City Council health committee [source]

A study by disease modelers at the University of Texas at Austin states that "Given the low testing rates throughout the country, we assume that 1 in 10 cases are tested and reported. If a county has detected only 1 case of COVID-19, there is a 51%
chance that there is already a growing outbreak underway
So true scale in us is over 5,000,000 with probably at least 25,000 deaths. NY = 35% to 40% of the USA total.
B7850773-71DC-47A2-A5DD-D38D647AFA01.jpeg

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 11, 2020, 5:08 pm

Giggle wrote:
April 5, 2020, 8:48 pm
How many dead bodies ya got per capita? That's the salient point -- that's the barometer of how well your healthcare system is holding up.

Whatcha got Schmedly? A whole lot of corpses.
Our health care system is doing quite a bit better than yours
05EAC847-0F62-4104-9E79-6A7F7A562EB6.jpeg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 11, 2020, 10:08 pm

They have only gone and let Petty Patel of its leash again

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 12, 2020, 2:46 am

Whistler wrote:
April 10, 2020, 8:17 pm

No states closed schools nearly a month before NY, zero, zilch, nada. You are just another bullshitter on this forum who spouts false figures ...
Come on Belchie. Please follow more reliable news sources.

Are there any estimates on how much the UK and US are under-reporting their Covid 19 deaths? Credit to the British media that they regularly touch on this issue.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 12, 2020, 7:12 am

GT93 wrote:
April 12, 2020, 2:46 am

Are there any estimates on how much the UK and US are under-reporting their Covid 19 deaths? Credit to the British media that they regularly touch on this issue.
I think that under reporting could easily be happening due to the lack of availability of tests, so they have to use them for people who can live not “waste” them for forensic information.

As in New York now they are collecting bodies from homes and don’t test them due to lack of time, tests and capacity

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”