Post Covid ecomony

Post Reply
pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1184
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » July 14, 2020, 10:49 pm

[/quote]

For those already in Thailand, at least one of the local insurance companies will accept foreigners as long as they have been in Thailand for 6 months. When they announced these special coverages last April or May, plenty complained about this 6-month qualification, maybe mostly those who were caught here while on holiday? I would think that most of the resident and semi-resident, long-stay foreigners will already qualify, especially those already here before the borders closed last March?

For those outside and wanting to return, there's at least one Pattaya-based insurance broker offering full medical insurance that includes the mandatory US$100k Covid-19 coverage and it's pretty much the same price as the same, full medical insurance was before Covid-19 was invented.
[/quote]

Yes agree Tam, I think it is P C, without mentioning names and yes price is almost the same, but I am not sure how long you need to wait before you can claim against the Policy, should you arrive and catch Covid 19

pipoz4444



User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6921
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by tamada » July 15, 2020, 9:28 am

^ My insurer added it automatically, no waiting period or pre-existing condition screening. It's a pandemic after all.

As for the home-bought one for residents, the 6-month Thai residency required before they will issue the insurance takes care of that question, ie. if you have been in Thailand continually for the previous 6-months, the coverage is full and in effect from the day you buy it.

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4699
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Khun Paul » July 16, 2020, 7:53 am

What is also a very sobering thought , is that it is being bandied about that over 2 million (2,000,000,000.o ) people will lose their jobs in Thailand, most are daily paid workers, Bars, massage Places, most entertainment places will see a downturn, some never re-opening at all , the ongoing impacts to the local communities will be significant as the money stream dries up . We may be talking about re-possessions on a far greater scale in the future, rising poverty. less worker migration to bigger cities or other towns for employment . As one person put it a lessening of population migration.
These factors will impact across the board and no government will know the answer to solve those problems, it will I am afraid take time and the re-opening of countries borders. people NOT going on holidays, lessening of business trips, affect an enormous economy built up over years of travelling, hospitality and servicing it all.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1184
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » July 20, 2020, 10:49 am

They polled from a large group of 1459 people?

I can only presume most of those asked the question, were gainfully employed (probably in the public sector) and do not work in the Tourism, Hotel or Restaurant sectors.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/117364 ... paign=news


pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1184
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » September 1, 2020, 3:28 pm

Does this guy have an IQ level that actually registers on the Scale - "Virus Free Expats", they make it sound like we are a walking/talking container of Germs. 8-[ :-$ :-$ :-$

There may be an estimated 5 Million Foreign workers, in Thailand, many of who come from Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, etc. Foreign/migrant workers in Thailand are a varied group, with the larger majority of the Foreign Migrant workers from these countries, working in Factories/Production, where they barely get enough to pay their food and rent, let alone have the time or money to go around Thailand on a tourist junket. Plus what little money they can save, they probably remit to their families in their home countries. So I doubt there are many Golfers in this group.

As for the other Foreign workers, say those of a western expat nature, they seem to work in the Education, Real Estate & Hotel sectors, Entertainment & Tech industries, as Diving instructors, run their own Businesses, work in Construction, Oil & Gas, or as Embassy & Consular, General Managers of Multi-nationals & Healthcare and Other. Again some well/highly paid and some not.

From what I have read and from those I know,
1. The Education sector does not generally pay well in Thailand, with possibly a few exceptions (International Schools). For the majority of the expat teachers, the Salary range (subject to qualifications) seems to be between B 35,000 and 75,000 per month, for the most, but again with some exception. Most won’t travel far on holiday around Thailand, on this, after paying rent and food each month.
2. Diving Instructors: Salary appears to be between B 50,000 to 80,000 per month
3. Hotel Management and Tech: Salary appears to be between B 75,000 to 120,000 per month
4. Embassy and Consular: They are a totally different breed and yes well paid and can contribute
5. Construction, Oil & Gas: They are a totally different breed and yes well paid and can contribute, but limited opportunities. Golfers galore \:D/
6. General Managers of Multi-nationals, Legal & Healthcare: Probably the Elite of the Foreign Expat worker. Circa B 180,000 - 300,000 per month, but limited opportunities. Golfers galore \:D/

The salary range numbers, might be a bit rubbery, but for the main, most are unlikely to be paid a salary above B 100,000 per month, if my reading of it is correct.

So, it begs the question, how many of the 5,000,000 Foreign Workers can actually support the Thai Tourism industry and really contribute to its coffers, in any meaningful way, when compared to what was over 100,000 Foreign Tourists entering Thailand Airport every day in 2019. :-k :-k

A small group of the more elite Western Expat working in Thailand, who may take several holidays a year, will not make a dent on the Thai Tourism deficit, the way I see it. So where does he get his bright ideas or analysis from? :confused: :confused:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/118040 ... paign=news


pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1184
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » September 3, 2020, 3:01 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 14, 2020, 10:49 pm
For those already in Thailand, at least one of the local insurance companies will accept foreigners as long as they have been in Thailand for 6 months. When they announced these special coverages last April or May, plenty complained about this 6-month qualification, maybe mostly those who were caught here while on holiday? I would think that most of the resident and semi-resident, long-stay foreigners will already qualify, especially those already here before the borders closed last March?

For those outside and wanting to return, there's at least one Pattaya-based insurance broker offering full medical insurance that includes the mandatory US$100k Covid-19 coverage and it's pretty much the same price as the same, full medical insurance was before Covid-19 was invented.
[/quote]

Yes agree Tam, I think it is P C, without mentioning names and yes price is almost the same, but I am not sure how long you need to wait before you can claim against the Policy, should you arrive and catch Covid 19

pipoz4444
[/quote]

Maybe some good and more definitive news, coming soon from Thai Insurance Companies for future Covid 19 policy coverage for Foreigners, with more realistic pricing. =D> \:D/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/118072 ... paign=news


pipoz4444

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by GT93 » September 9, 2020, 12:43 pm

Thais heading back to the farms:

https://youtu.be/Fi5bkf3R7Pw

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1184
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » September 12, 2020, 4:55 pm

Is this the future after Covid 19

Sit on the ground (close to the runway) have a nice meal, look at the Thai Hostess, enjoy the ambiance, but go nowhere?? \:D/

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/202 ... anagement/

pipoz4444

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4699
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Khun Paul » September 13, 2020, 7:35 am

The problems so far as I see it, is that the Thai Government is moaning about the lack of Locals taking up the the promotions by the Thai Tourism Industry, forgetting of course that nearly ONE QUARTER of the Thai population have possibly lost their jobs and FUNDS are running out .
But as we all know or at least recognise using LOGIC is not evident in many Thai Government comments. One glaring example is allowing Foreign Expats a chance to have the same price of admission to parks etc, by virtue of an ID card specifically issued, why not OUTLAW double pricing across the board, cheaper, simpler and will probably rake in millions, but that is LOGICAL. Will never work here as no opportunities to get kick-backs .

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 484
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by samster » September 13, 2020, 1:49 pm

How will that rake in millions?

If you're too tight to pay a few hundred baht to get into somewhere, you're hardly likely to want to spend a few thousand on a hotel or lunch.

Never fails to astound me to hear falang whining about double charging whilst, at the same time, complaining about the bloody foreigners in the UK/Australia/USA.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3018
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by papafarang » September 13, 2020, 9:41 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
September 12, 2020, 4:55 pm
Is this the future after Covid 19

Sit on the ground (close to the runway) have a nice meal, look at the Thai Hostess, enjoy the ambiance, but go nowhere?? \:D/

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/202 ... anagement/

pipoz4444
That's ...bonkers :lol: :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

User avatar
Khun Paul
udonmap.com
Posts: 4699
Joined: September 16, 2008, 3:28 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Khun Paul » September 14, 2020, 9:18 am

samster wrote:
September 13, 2020, 1:49 pm
How will that rake in millions?

If you're too tight to pay a few hundred baht to get into somewhere, you're hardly likely to want to spend a few thousand on a hotel or lunch.

Never fails to astound me to hear falang whining about double charging whilst, at the same time, complaining about the bloody foreigners in the UK/Australia/USA.
In answer to the initial question, I know many Foreigners here ( I may be wrong ) that will not go to places where they charge in some cases over 400% more for a foreigner , because they charge so much. The facilities are still rubbish the basics like toilets etc are still dirty and many in bad repair , and when you see the locals treat it like a rubbish dump, you tell me why the hell should a foreigner pay more, BUT making it the same price for everyone all of the time will encourage more foreigners to visit and thereby standards will rise , Until then I will not bother . For example one place I know charges a foreigner 200 Baht as opposed to locals 20 baht the only facility is a paved road to walk up. Go figure

samster
udonmap.com
Posts: 484
Joined: June 3, 2014, 2:16 pm

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by samster » September 14, 2020, 1:50 pm

That explains it then. The type of person who wants to get a day out subsidised by the Thai people are those who want to see a place with rubbish facilities and dirty toilets. Makes perfect sense and, in that case, I agree

I visited Pha Taem a few years back and, before going, browsed the reviews on Trip Advisor. One guy took his Thai family on a 4 hour round trip to get there, got to the gate and, on finding out there was a falang charge, turned round and went back to Ubon. What a tool! I bet he didnt speak Thai and couldn't understand what his Thai family thought of him.

The fact is KP, many of us happily accept that there is double charging and, I would be surprised if there are 10 times that number who baulk at the surcharge so, your maths are out.

Pha Taem, like Khao Yai, Phu Kradueng and other places that double charge are well worth the extra payment and, if the foreigners that you know refuse to go there for the sake of a tenner, then they are fools.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1184
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » September 14, 2020, 5:08 pm

I too have no problem with a preferential pricing system, that favors the local Thais

A Country/Government should provide its own citizens with some benefits, before Others, regardless of whether the Others are Tourists or Temporary “Residents”, claiming to have rights which they were not born to. \:D/

Other Countries in the World apply the same or similar rules, with certain preferences or benefits to their own citizens, before Others who are just visiting or passing through. =;

pipoz4444

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1193
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by AlexO » September 14, 2020, 6:59 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
September 14, 2020, 5:08 pm
I too have no problem with a preferential pricing system, that favors the local Thais

A Country/Government should provide its own citizens with some benefits, before Others, regardless of whether the Others are Tourists or Temporary “Residents”, claiming to have rights which they were not born to. \:D/

Other Countries in the World apply the same or similar rules, with certain preferences or benefits to their own citizens, before Others who are just visiting or passing through. =;

pipoz4444
Absolute nonsense. Please show by example where another Nation actually posts at the entrance to a Tourist facility that if you are not a National you have to pay more. Next it will be ok to charge a round eye more for an ice cream in 7/11.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1184
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » September 14, 2020, 8:41 pm

AlexO wrote:
September 14, 2020, 6:59 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
September 14, 2020, 5:08 pm
I too have no problem with a preferential pricing system, that favors the local Thais

A Country/Government should provide its own citizens with some benefits, before Others, regardless of whether the Others are Tourists or Temporary “Residents”, claiming to have rights which they were not born to. \:D/

Other Countries in the World apply the same or similar rules, with certain preferences or benefits to their own citizens, before Others who are just visiting or passing through. =;

pipoz4444
Absolute nonsense. Please show by example where another Nation actually posts at the entrance to a Tourist facility that if you are not a National you have to pay more. Next it will be ok to charge a round eye more for an ice cream in 7/11.
Hi Alex,

I said same or similar with regards with certain preferences or benefits to their own citizens, before Others, who are just visiting or passing through (meaning visiting or passing through their Country). Remember, we are only visitors in Thailand.

And yes I am sitting in a Country in the Middle East, where the locals have certain defined benefits, decreed in their Law, which get them preferential treatment over us Expats. I don't mind because it is their Country

So sorry, but it is not Nonsense

As for the price of an Ice cream", Yes it to exists. Go to Turkey, where they have a dual pricing system in restaurants, one for the locals and one for the Tourists. Same principle as Thailand for entering the Parks. Go into a restaurant in Turkey (Istanbul) and as a Tourist you get handed one Menu book and as a Local you get handed another. Same food on each Menu (and yes it includes Ice Cream), but two different pricing structures. Same when you get into a Taxi.

So how does this differ from Thailand and its pricing for tourist going to Parks. Experienced this went I went for the Dawn service.

So sorry, but it is not Nonsense

pipoz4444

Kenr6583
udonmap.com
Posts: 787
Joined: July 13, 2019, 2:15 pm

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Kenr6583 » September 15, 2020, 12:29 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
September 14, 2020, 8:41 pm
AlexO wrote:
September 14, 2020, 6:59 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
September 14, 2020, 5:08 pm
I too have no problem with a preferential pricing system, that favors the local Thais

A Country/Government should provide its own citizens with some benefits, before Others, regardless of whether the Others are Tourists or Temporary “Residents”, claiming to have rights which they were not born to. \:D/

Other Countries in the World apply the same or similar rules, with certain preferences or benefits to their own citizens, before Others who are just visiting or passing through. =;

pipoz4444
Absolute nonsense. Please show by example where another Nation actually posts at the entrance to a Tourist facility that if you are not a National you have to pay more. Next it will be ok to charge a round eye more for an ice cream in 7/11.
Hi Alex,

I said same or similar with regards with certain preferences or benefits to their own citizens, before Others, who are just visiting or passing through (meaning visiting or passing through their Country). Remember, we are only visitors in Thailand.

And yes I am sitting in a Country in the Middle East, where the locals have certain defined benefits, decreed in their Law, which get them preferential treatment over us Expats. I don't mind because it is their Country

So sorry, but it is not Nonsense

As for the price of an Ice cream", Yes it to exists. Go to Turkey, where they have a dual pricing system in restaurants, one for the locals and one for the Tourists. Same principle as Thailand for entering the Parks. Go into a restaurant in Turkey (Istanbul) and as a Tourist you get handed one Menu book and as a Local you get handed another. Same food on each Menu (and yes it includes Ice Cream), but two different pricing structures. Same when you get into a Taxi.

So how does this differ from Thailand and its pricing for tourist going to Parks. Experienced this went I went for the Dawn service.

So sorry, but it is not Nonsense

pipoz4444
There is one city in particular in the United States, Las Vegas, where residents gets cheaper prices than visitors on certain things. I am sure it exists in other cities also, but cannot say for certainty.

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 6296
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: Auckland

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by GT93 » September 15, 2020, 1:13 am

I think some Maori landowners charge foreigners more at some places in New Zealand. Tourists visit these places by choice.

I think Thais should charge me more when I visit major Thai tourist attractions. I earn way more money than the average Thai. A say 200 baht entrance fee is nothing to someone who has flown in from another country. I also have a choice. I don't need to visit the attraction. There are heaps of other things to do in Thailand.

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6921
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by tamada » September 15, 2020, 10:22 am

AlexO wrote:
September 14, 2020, 6:59 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
September 14, 2020, 5:08 pm
I too have no problem with a preferential pricing system, that favors the local Thais

A Country/Government should provide its own citizens with some benefits, before Others, regardless of whether the Others are Tourists or Temporary “Residents”, claiming to have rights which they were not born to. \:D/

Other Countries in the World apply the same or similar rules, with certain preferences or benefits to their own citizens, before Others who are just visiting or passing through. =;

pipoz4444
Absolute nonsense. Please show by example where another Nation actually posts at the entrance to a Tourist facility that if you are not a National you have to pay more. Next it will be ok to charge a round eye more for an ice cream in 7/11.
It was a few years ago but I do recall that foreign tourists did get charged more for ice cream than resident Cubans at Coppelia off the Malecón in Havana. I was a big rich (and handsome) oil and gas man back then so it wasn't an issue. I had no shortage of willing and nubile young Cubanita's to go get my ice cream for me.

Socialism is beautiful (and so was Yahima Gandol Gonzalez).

Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 2786
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by Doodoo » September 15, 2020, 4:48 pm

More public holidays eyed in bid to boost economy

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/118260 ... paign=news

I aint sayn a thing but "Good Luck"

Post Reply

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”