Post Covid ecomony

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Post Covid ecomony

Post by pipoz4444 » November 28, 2020, 8:41 pm

Have a friend who has obtained his 30 Day Tourist Visa (TR) and is due to fly to Thailand from Q, tomorrow night

The process of
Gathering documentation,
Buying Medical Insurance (LMG TB 12,000)
Booking his ASQ Hotel (TB 48,000)
Booking Flight (TB 43,318 Economy)
Getting his TR Visa (??)
Doing his 72 hour Covid-19 pre-flight test (Cost TB 4,200)
Getting his C o E letter (Certificate of Entry) on- line,

hasn't been to difficult from what he says. Just a few common sense things to do and watch our for.

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 28, 2020, 8:46 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 28, 2020, 8:41 pm
Have a friend who has obtained his 30 Day Tourist Visa (TR) and is due to fly to Thailand from Q, tomorrow night

The process of
Gathering documentation,
Buying Medical Insurance (LMG TB 12,000)
Booking his ASQ Hotel (TB 48,000)
Booking Flight (TB 43,318 Economy)
Getting his TR Visa (??)
Doing his 72 hour Covid-19 pre-flight test (Cost TB 4,200)
Getting his C o E letter (Certificate of Entry) on- line,

hasn't been to difficult from what he says. Just a few common sense things to do and watch our for.

pipoz4444
What country is he coming from? I thought they were only doing 60-day tourist visas?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 28, 2020, 10:39 pm

Hi Kenr6563,

30 or 60 days doesn't matter to him, as he is only going out of country for 25 days total (14-15 days in quarantine and 11-10 days visiting family, then back to work). Flying from Qatar to Thailand on Qatar Airways direct flight.

On the way back, automatic re-entry with 7 days quarantine at home, then go back to work, but it is also rumored that this 7 days will to be reduced in the near future, for Nationals and also for some coming back from what are determined to be safe destinations / safe countries.

pipoz4444

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2020, 12:21 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 28, 2020, 10:39 pm
Hi Kenr6563,

30 or 60 days doesn't matter to him, as he is only going out of country for 25 days total (14-15 days in quarantine and 11-10 days visiting family, then back to work). Flying from Qatar to Thailand on Qatar Airways direct flight.

On the way back, automatic re-entry with 7 days quarantine at home, then go back to work, but it is also rumored that this 7 days will to be reduced in the near future, for Nationals and also for some coming back from what are determined to be safe destinations / safe countries.

pipoz4444
Gotcha. I'm trying to figure out on the 60 day TR if I could get a permission to stay for retirement in Thailand. I'm trying to contact the consulate here now in Houston but they are kind of hard to get a hold of.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2020, 6:58 am

^ In pre-pandemic times, any entry could be converted to a 1-year retirement extension. Unless you send the money beforehand, the 60-days barely gives enough time for the 800k baht to be seasoned to qualify for the 1-year Ret Ext. Maybe one could request an extension on the 60-day TR if it doesn't? Again, in pre-pandemic times, one could ask for up to 30-days extension on a single 60-day TR (to a maximum of 90-day stay) but not sure if the 'new' 60-day TR has the same flexibility. In light of the ratcheting up on financial requirements and provenance thereof, it would be strange if such a loophole existed that avoided the more onerous requirements of the O or O-A retirement visa

Good luck with getting info from RTC in Houston. They're MFA and do visas but no guarantees they know the correct answer on extensions since that's the RTP's department. Pretty sure that question has been asked/answered on ThiaVisa though.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2020, 9:22 am

tamada wrote:
November 29, 2020, 6:58 am
^ In pre-pandemic times, any entry could be converted to a 1-year retirement extension. Unless you send the money beforehand, the 60-days barely gives enough time for the 800k baht to be seasoned to qualify for the 1-year Ret Ext. Maybe one could request an extension on the 60-day TR if it doesn't? Again, in pre-pandemic times, one could ask for up to 30-days extension on a single 60-day TR (to a maximum of 90-day stay) but not sure if the 'new' 60-day TR has the same flexibility. In light of the ratcheting up on financial requirements and provenance thereof, it would be strange if such a loophole existed that avoided the more onerous requirements of the O or O-A retirement visa

Good luck with getting info from RTC in Houston. They're MFA and do visas but no guarantees they know the correct answer on extensions since that's the RTP's department. Pretty sure that question has been asked/answered on ThiaVisa though.
Thanks for the information. According to their website they are only doing the TR and STV, no non immigrant visas. To me doesn't make sense they would do a 60 day and 270 day, but no 1 year non immigrant visa. But oh well.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 29, 2020, 10:36 am

It is obvious even by reading POST Pandemic travel advisories from many Nations, until Vaccines are available to all any travel will be fraught with major problems. As Vaccines are being rolled out worldwide, I would suggest if outside Thailand wait a few months, if inside, stay where the hell you are .
This may cause some relationship problems and possible work problems I understand that but patience is a virtue.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2020, 10:38 am

^^ Maybe the Thai Honorary Consuls in the U.S. don't have the right to issue 'long stay' visas any more? About 8 years ago, they pulled them from their UK Honorary Consuls who, although they could accept the applications for long-term visas, they were forwarded to the Thai Embassy in London for approval and issuing. I think I read on ThaiVisa that at least two Thai Embassy's in the U.S. are doing them, NY and (I think) SF or wherever the west coast one is. It's pretty dynamic at the moment.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2020, 10:45 am

tamada wrote:
November 29, 2020, 10:38 am
^^ Maybe the Thai Honorary Consuls in the U.S. don't have the right to issue 'long stay' visas any more? About 8 years ago, they pulled them from their UK Honorary Consuls who, although they could accept the applications for long-term visas, they were forwarded to the Thai Embassy in London for approval and issuing. I think I read on ThaiVisa that at least two Thai Embassy's in the U.S. are doing them, NY and (I think) SF or wherever the west coast one is. It's pretty dynamic at the moment.
You are correct about the consulates in the United States, they do not issue any types of visas, only the paperwork. They are sent to the Thai Embassy for approval in Washington DC, that's the only Embassy here, all other places are consulates.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2020, 10:51 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 29, 2020, 10:36 am
It is obvious even by reading POST Pandemic travel advisories from many Nations, until Vaccines are available to all any travel will be fraught with major problems. As Vaccines are being rolled out worldwide, I would suggest if outside Thailand wait a few months, if inside, stay where the hell you are .
This may cause some relationship problems and possible work problems I understand that but patience is a virtue.
I realize I'm going to have to wait until we do get a vaccine. I can retire anytime after June 1st next year, I just want to be out of here for good by November at the latest. Worse case scenario go down to Mexico right after hurricane season, chill out there for a few months, then get the Southeast Asia after things get better.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 29, 2020, 11:04 am

I sit here with a Gov App on my phone. It records that I am Green, which is Non Covid-19. It has to be shown everywhere, so that I can gain entry to a shopping mall, hotel, restaurant or building on any sorts. It tracks me everywhere I go to the nearest meter.

It will turn Yellow if I happen to come into contact with anyone who has recently tested positive to Covid-19. By recently, I mean, if I have interacted with or inadvertently walked close to someone in a shopping mall etc. who has since tested positive in the past 7 days, then it will change color from the Green the Yellow. The Health Department will automatically phone me and tell me that on ......date at ....... I was in the close proximity of .......Name, who has since tested positive on .....Day. It's an automatic country wide tracking/tracing system.

The Health Department will then ask me a series of questions, including if I have any symptoms etc.
If No, they will ask me to notify them in the next 48 hours to confirm no again. The App will stay Yellow until I report back in to them in 48 hours to confirm again that I have no symptoms.
If Yes, they will come to me and do an immediate test or ask me to report to a designated hospital facility. If I test positive the App will then go from Yellow to Red turns to Red until quarantine is complete and a medical clearance certificate is issued. At this stage I will either be in a hospital quarantine facility or at home quarantine.

If at home in quarantine, I will not be allowed to go out anywhere. If I do venture outside my home front door when the App is Red, the "Black Van" :wave: :wave: will pull up and throw me into the back, wrap me in plastic and spray me with Chaindrite :roll: :roll: :confused: just like the CIA. :yikes: :yikes:

But, I feel much safer with this system, knowing that anyone who does register positive to Covid-19 is being kept of the streets, given there are a number of irresponsible Individuals out there who don't give a F...ck, about others. [-(

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119441 ... paign=news

I think I watch a movie like this a long time ago :-k

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on November 29, 2020, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2020, 11:06 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 29, 2020, 11:04 am
I sit here with a Gov App on my phone. It records that I am Green, which is Non Covid-19. It has to be shown everywhere, so that I can gain entry to a shopping mall, hotel, restaurant or building on any sorts. It tracks me everywhere I go to the nearest meter.

It will turn Yellow if I happen to come into contact with anyone who has recently tested positive to Covid-19. By recently, I mean, if I have interacted with or inadvertently walked close to someone in a shopping mall etc. who has since tested positive in the past 7 days, then it will change color from the Green the Yellow. The Health Department will automatically phone me and tell me that on ......date at ....... I was in the close proximity of .......Name, who has since tested positive on .....Day. It's an automatic country wide tracking/tracing system.

The Health Department will then ask me a series of questions, including if I have any symptoms etc.
If No, they will ask me to notify them in the next 48 hours to confirm no again. The App will stay Yellow until I report back in to them in 48 hours to confirm again that I have no symptoms.
If Yes, they will come to me and do an immediate test or ask me to report to a designated hospital facility. If I test positive the App will then go from Yellow to Red turns to Red until quarantine is complete and a medical clearance certificate is issued. At this stage I will either be in a hospital quarantine facility or at home quarantine.

If at home in quarantine, I will not be allowed to go out anywhere. If I do venture outside my home front door when the App is Red, the "Black Van" :wave: :wave: will pull up and throw me into the back, wrap me in plastic and spray me with Chaindrite :roll: :roll: :confused: just like the CIA. :yikes: :yikes:

But, I feel much safer with this system, knowing that anyone who does register positive to Covid-19 is being kept of the streets, given there are a number of irresponsible Individuals out there who don't give a F...ck, about others. [-(

pipoz4444
Couldn't you just leave your phone at home?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 29, 2020, 11:23 am

Hi Kenr6583

Yes I could, but at the risk of a $50,000 Fine and 2 years jail. Over here we do not have to worry about the bleeding heart liberals and insistence of human rights for every dog and cats. It is great. The Rule of Law is that in time like this you do what you are told, or face the consequences. The Police can ask to seek the App on your phone, anywhere and at any time and rightly so.

So, one must carry their phone and have their App turned on at all times, if you are travelling outside your front door. (you can actually turn it off). Much like carrying you Passport of ID in many other Countries, when you visit them.

I also suspect that if you do turn the App off, that a little Red light will appears on some console somewhere, and that the "Black Van" may head in your general direction.

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on November 29, 2020, 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2020, 11:28 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 29, 2020, 11:23 am
Hi Kenr6583

Yes I could, but at the risk of a $50,000 Fine and 2 years jail. Over her we do not have to worry about the bleeding hear liberals and insistence of human rights for dog and cats. It great. The Rule of Law is that in time like this you do what you are told, of face the consequences. the Police can ask to seek the App on your phone, anywhere and at any time.

So, one must carry their phone and have their App turned on at all times, if you are travelling outside your front door. (you can actually turn it off). Much like carrying you Passport of ID in many other Countries, when you visit them.

I also suspect that if you do turn the App off, that a little Red light will appears on some console somewhere, and that the "Black Van" may head in your general direction.

pipoz4444
Sorry, should have put a "joking" in there. I know Thailand has taken this thing VERY serious, I wouldn't intentionally disrespect them.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 29, 2020, 11:49 am

Hi Kenr6583

I am not in Thailand, not yet anyway

pipoz4444

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2020, 12:15 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 29, 2020, 11:49 am
Hi Kenr6583

pipoz4444
It's all good. I think eventually we will all be able to work our way back there sooner or later. Cambodia is my other option, I would go there in a heartbeat if I could. If I can get an ER Visa there, that's where I will be.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 29, 2020, 1:20 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 29, 2020, 12:15 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
Hi Kenr6583

pipoz4444
It's all good. I think eventually we will all be able to work our way back there sooner or later. Cambodia is my other option, I would go there in a heartbeat if I could. If I can get an ER Visa there, that's where I will be.
Hi Ken6583, FYI, if you haven't been there before,

I took several trips to Cambodia late last year, to look at some work opportunities, lifestyle, cost of living and properties. It was at the time, a very interesting (Phnom Penh), up and coming place, well worth considering. Lots of modern conveniences available (Shopping malls, restaurants and the like), very cost effective daily lifestyle, very sociable Expats (and not all Bums like some want to infer), easy to get a long stay (one year) or business visa at the time, however, I think they are currently re-writing the visa rules, so have to wait and see the final outcome of any new conditions.

Didn't look closely at the hospital/healthcare facilities, as at that time, it wasn't on my radar to finish working for 2 years. Nonetheless, it is something that I will need look at, hopefully when they allow visitors back to Phnom Penh, sometime next year. I will say, we looked at the Pharmacies and availability of what one might need in their later years and the Pharmacy outlets are equal to, if not better that those in Thailand. Some excellent run Chains such as "Ucare" in which the girls working in them are fluent in English and the prices are notably 10-20% less than the same product in Thailand.

Its will be a great fall back position for someone who might want to split their time between Thailand and Cambodia for whatever reason. Say 90 days in Thailand, then 30 days in Phnom Penh, then back to 90 days in Thailand and so on.

In some ways it is a bit like the old Pattaya. No one seems to way up much before 12.00 noon and Nightlife doesn’t fire up until 6.00pm. in the afternoon, just a few quite social drinks overlooking the riverside, with friends, slow and peaceful. Daily western meals, range from US $ 4 -6, not much over US 10 per meal, although I will say they need to learn how to do a proper bacon and eggs meal and generally improve on their western style cooking. Alcohol is cheaper than in Thailand.

Finding a comfortable place to live down by the Riverside or Market areas, isn’t to difficult. The Links below will give you some idea of what you get for your money – IPS Cambodia Property and Others

https://ips-cambodia.com/advanced-searc ... _by=lowest

For me, I will use it as a short term hub to take a break from Thailand, for a few months of the Year, after I pull up stumps from here. Certainly an option to consider, if the Cambodian’s keep to their easy/welcoming, long stay Westerner visa system.

Pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on November 29, 2020, 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » November 29, 2020, 1:33 pm

Good day. Very valuable info. Keep posting.
Short term rental, 3-4 months, prices and availability ?
Stay safe.
Thanks.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 29, 2020, 3:44 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 29, 2020, 1:20 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 29, 2020, 12:15 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
Hi Kenr6583

pipoz4444
Hi Ken6583, FYI, if you haven't been there before,

I took several trips to Cambodia late last year, to look at some work opportunities, lifestyle, cost of living and properties. It was at the time, a very interesting (Phnom Penh), up and coming place, well worth considering. Lots of modern conveniences available (Shopping malls, restaurants and the like), very cost effective daily lifestyle, very sociable Expats (and not all Bums like some want to infer), easy to get a long stay (one year) or business visa at the time, however, I think they are currently re-writing the visa rules, so have to wait and see the final outcome of any new conditions.

Didn't look closely at the hospital/healthcare facilities, as at that time, it wasn't on my radar to finish working for 2 years. Nonetheless, it is something that I will need look at, hopefully when they allow visitors back to Phnom Penh, sometime next year. I will say, we looked at the Pharmacies and availability of what one might need in their later years and the Pharmacy outlets are equal to, if not better that those in Thailand. Some excellent run Chains such as "Ucare" in which the girls working in them are fluent in English and the prices are notably 10-20% less than the same product in Thailand.

Its will be a great fall back position for someone who might want to split their time between Thailand and Cambodia for whatever reason. Say 90 days in Thailand, then 30 days in Phnom Penh, then back to 90 days in Thailand and so on.

In some ways it is a bit like the old Pattaya. No one seems to way up much before 12.00 noon and Nightlife doesn’t fire up until 6.00pm. in the afternoon, just a few quite social drinks overlooking the riverside, with friends, slow and peaceful. Daily western meals, range from US $ 4 -6, not much over US 10 per meal, although I will say they need to learn how to do a proper bacon and eggs meal and generally improve on their western style cooking. Alcohol is cheaper than in Thailand.

Finding a comfortable place to live down by the Riverside or Market areas, isn’t to difficult. The Links below will give you some idea of what you get for your money – IPS Cambodia Property and Others

For me, I will use it as a short term hub to take a break from Thailand, for a few months of the Year, after I pull up stumps from here. Certainly an option to consider, if the Cambodian’s keep to their easy/welcoming, long stay Westerner visa system.

Pipoz4444
Yes sir, I have read your write-up on Cambodia before, thanks. Right now there's no e-visa or visa on arrival, it has to be obtained at an embassy beforehand, unfortunately I don't think I can qualify for one of the ones they are giving out right now. Hopefully that will be changed sometime next year, just like every place else I guess. But I do appreciate the info you have passed on. Have a good one.
Last edited by Kenr6583 on November 30, 2020, 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2020, 7:10 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
November 29, 2020, 11:04 am

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119441 ... paign=news

pipoz4444
We're alright, here in "the village"...

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”