The source of the coronvirus??

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: The source of the coronvirus??

Post by GT93 » May 18, 2020, 1:38 pm

GT93 wrote:

... Local officials lie all the time in China. I have read that when senior national officials are out visiting the provinces their chauffeurs pick up the true picture more readily as locals drop their guard in front of them. In the early weeks of Covid 19, the locals wouldn't have appreciated what they were dealing with. Low level officaldom in China will also have a talent problem as it won't be a meritocracy.
saint wrote:
May 9, 2020, 8:50 am
Gt3 . I thats what you choose to believe , thats up to you .
In totalitarian countries officials aren't free to report the truth to their political masters. It can endanger their livelihoods and even their lives if they go off the party line. In the Cold War this was an important advantage that the US had over the Soviet Union. The CIA and other US intelligence organizations had much more freedom to call things as they saw them to their political masters.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 18, 2020, 5:45 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 18, 2020, 1:38 pm

In totalitarian countries officials aren't free to report the truth to their political masters. It can endanger their livelihoods and even their lives if they go off the party line. In the Cold War this was an important advantage that the US had over the Soviet Union. The CIA and other US intelligence organizations had much more freedom to call things as they saw them to their political masters.
Guess that advantage has been lost now with Trump in charge.......

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » May 18, 2020, 10:38 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 18, 2020, 1:19 pm
mech_401 wrote:
May 16, 2020, 11:00 pm
when did covid19 become a " farang virus" is this
all from health ministers comments about dirty
foreigners? some country folk believe these tales
When the American and European governments ignored the loud warning signals coming from China and the virus ripped through their continents. The Wuhan lock down occurred on 23 January 2020. By then properly prepared countries such as Taiwan had already been tracking down travellers from Wuhan for 2 weeks. Sadly the very poor American and European responses have resulted in North American and European pandemics. The Thai government is quite correct to be wary of travellers from North America and Europe (and many other places). Governments need to be way better prepared for the next pandemic.
This is true although China could have and should have sounded the warning earlier along with the WHO who for along time downplayed the seriousness of the virus. It is also a made in China virus and is still there as well so to call it a Farang virus is absurd. That is like China shooting someone and Thailand blaming them for bleeding. As we know China is a corrupt communist dictatorship which suits the powers in Thailand more than the west so this Farang bashing will only continue.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 30, 2020, 1:34 pm

I'd probably risk lining up with arrivals from China at Suvarnabhumi but not with those coming from Europe or North America. I see them as the more risky arrivals. Sadly new members are joining this club. E.g. Brazilians. The Italians and Americians have played a major role in spreading the virus and so have incompetent governments. It was well known the Chinese wouldn't be forthcoming on emerging contagious illnesses. I see Covid 19 as principally a Trump and European pandemic. The Thai government appears to see it that way too.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 30, 2020, 1:38 pm

I cant believe that so many people believe China's numbers.
You cant be serious?
Really

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 30, 2020, 1:57 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 30, 2020, 1:38 pm
You cant be serious?
Really
Mick he doesn't deserve a response, either trying to be a half smart chain puller or just the normal kiwi lack of mentality.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 30, 2020, 2:13 pm

Why don't people believe the Chinese ? They locked down hard and fast ,the west on the other hand waited months. What about South Korea why would you believe them , or new Zealand or Australia Tell me why we should believe them. Their numbers are too good to be true .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 30, 2020, 2:33 pm

papafarang wrote:
May 30, 2020, 2:13 pm
Why don't people believe the Chinese ? They locked down hard and fast ,the west on the other hand waited months. What about South Korea why would you believe them , or new Zealand or Australia Tell me why we should believe them. Their numbers are too good to be true .
Papa
I don't know why
I do know that China is a totalitarian government and the others are governments are elected by the people.
I believe Australia and New Zealand being isolated from the main stream probably helped.
as to whether you can compare the honesty or otherwise of the varying governments, I guess google may be your answer, perhaps looking at some of China's past actions including the China sea experience with Vietnam and The Philippines might be a good starting point.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 30, 2020, 2:47 pm

papafarang wrote:
Papa,

The kiwis have always had a great amount of integrity. Plus half the population is in Auckland, small country, small population and good people who are sensible. Both islands with no porous borders.

It would be almost impossible to fudge the figures in Australia. Area Health Services report through state governments, several of which are politically opposed to the Federal government. Any cover up would have to work perfectly through multiple levels of bureaucracy and government layers as well. not really possible for a cover-up under this structure for this type of event.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 30, 2020, 3:00 pm

Papa,
While China spent weeks trying to hide the virus, 100s of thousands left Wuhan, before the shutdown.
Their numbers can not possibly be true.
Someone also mentioned 20 million phone numbers that disappeared from the system.
Im not sure if that is true or not.

With over a billion people living densely, its not possible to contain it that well.
Im sorry but i will never believe anything Chine says

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 31, 2020, 5:22 am

papafarang wrote:
I would imagine that people do not believe the Chinese because they lie and cheat about almost everything .
The recent heavy hand over Hong Kong is a prime example .
They get away with murder literally , and the world turns a blind eye to it all , because they believe wrongly in my opinion that China is the great economic hope .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 31, 2020, 6:01 am

Have to agree Mick I dont believe Chinese numbers or statements
Not sure of their travel numbers for Jan to Mar
But if say it was 200k left the country 200k must have returned during this time
That would have introducing new lots of the virus all over the country
Cruise ships stop in their ports as well more sources which were bad for Aus and NZ

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 28, 2021, 1:36 pm

Watch this and then make your own judgment

https://news.yahoo.com/steve-hilton-inv ... 46204.html

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 28, 2021, 3:07 pm

hmmm.. will remain a member of the WHO.. But, although Trump gave them the mandatory one year notice of withdrawal, that one year wasn't up so.. technically all Biden did was stop the U.S. from withdrawing. We'll see how that works out in the long run.. Note, the WHO finally got teams into Wuhan to "track down" the origins of the virus as well as interview a large number of people who live there. I'm sure the people interviewed will be utterly straight forward and truthful... right??
Dave

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 28, 2021, 3:23 pm

I have an opinion also. I think mad Chinese scientists were playing with dangerous viruses. They strictly by accident let this out of the lab not knowing what they created or what it would do. I'd also bet that these people were quickly executed and we'll never really know what happened. The evidence is gone.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 28, 2021, 5:03 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 28, 2021, 1:36 pm
Watch this and then make your own judgment

https://news.yahoo.com/steve-hilton-inv ... 46204.html

pipoz4444
I much prefer to be judgemental and not watch anything Steve Hilton says.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 28, 2021, 6:49 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 30, 2020, 1:38 pm
You cant be serious?
Really
Sorry, are you pointing the finger at people about what to believe and not what not to believe? Do you want to revise your various statements since Nov 3 and build a case of only believing information from credible sources?

For the record, I see the Chinese Communist party as a totally compromised source, pretty much on the same par as The Epoch Times. Briebart and Qanon. So how come you are being selective in excluding the CCP but still totally believe the rubbish put out by these other equally discredited peddlers of misinformation.

Sidney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, and Xi Jinping. Consummate liars every one of them, but why be selective?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 28, 2021, 10:32 pm

papafarang wrote:
A good example of how this poster always stands up for the Government of China.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 29, 2021, 2:47 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 28, 2021, 10:32 pm
papafarang wrote:
A good example of how this poster always stands up for the Government of China.
Funny enough a discussion about the numbers came up today . point being , if they have lied ,to what end ? How many have died in China ? And what difference does it make anyway ? Does it matter if its 5000 or 50,000 dead Chinese . maybe new Zealand are lying too, maybe the Canadian government are lying as well ? Me I'm not into conspiracy theories like yourself. Please prove your conspiracy theory . what data do you have ? Where did you get it from ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 29, 2021, 6:01 am

Laan
Papafauang does certainly "Stand up for the Government of China" for one reason. In this case to battle the Virus they did the right thing and that is as he says "Locked Down hard and fast" USA Canada UK and others are still denying teh disease. One Vanadian Premier Doug Ford is pleading with Trudeau to close the borders to air trafficwhich has yet to be done. USA well forget it there all that we hear from there is "Why we cant do this and why we cant do that , its my Right"
Papa asking for data from this controbutor is , well I dont think it will appear

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”