The source of the coronvirus??

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: The source of the coronvirus??

Post by tamada » December 30, 2022, 4:39 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 30, 2022, 2:41 pm
EcoHealth Alliance's President Peter Daszak.

Tam, obviously a target of the GOP rotweillers. He seems to have enough support in the scientific community to avoid being mauled.

Seems to be a case of attacking the man and not the ball. I can imagine the dog owners would be enraged, they wanted the lab to be fingered and here is this pesky, highly credentialed scientist who was on the spot destroying their arguments will actual facts...outrageous, string him up.
Since Fauci and Daszak weren't at the Wu-flu factory 24/7, one would hope that they, or their organizations, had good oversight on the funds the US government awarded them for their outsourced research? Government funding everywhere is a bit if a black hole.

Not being a right wing pitt bull here, just wondering if the questions have even been asked.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 30, 2022, 4:45 pm

Tam, impossible to police. Creative accounting is alive and well throughout the world. I once sold payroll software to a very large council in Victoria, they had no money allocated for the purchase of software, but had money left over in the parks funding.

I invoiced several hundred wheelbarrows for an amount equal to the software license fee.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 31, 2022, 11:25 am

For all the brouhaha that followed the initial pandemic, blaming China for 'making' COVID, not enough is being said, now they are releasing the virus in December 2022 on an industrial scale.

More than half the passengers on a Beijing to Milan flight on December 26, tested positive to COVID. Internally in China, the blanket lifting of restrictions in a nation that is poorly vaccinated is nothing short of autocratically sanctioned murder.

All nations should shut down or severely restrict Chinese from spreading this new wave, and this time we really should be pointing the finger at this deliberate policy of lifting all controls and potentially killing millions in 2023.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 31, 2022, 11:47 am

As of now, the Chinese should not be restricted from spreading the Virus. Anyone who is in China as of now, Canadians, Americans, Australians Brits etc should also be restricted

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 31, 2022, 11:49 am

Whistler wrote:
December 31, 2022, 11:25 am
For all the brouhaha that followed the initial pandemic, blaming China for 'making' COVID, not enough is being said, now they are releasing the virus in December 2022 on an industrial scale.

More than half the passengers on a Beijing to Milan flight on December 26, tested positive to COVID. Internally in China, the blanket lifting of restrictions in a nation that is poorly vaccinated is nothing short of autocratically sanctioned murder.

All nations should shut down or severely restrict Chinese from spreading this new wave, and this time we really should be pointing the finger at this deliberate policy of lifting all controls and potentially killing millions in 2023.
I thought it was now an Endemic, not Pandemic? Isn't it all over the entire world now? Why should it be that the Chinese are to be shut down only? For me it's all over and time to live life. Your a long time dead. If your that worried then build your natural immune system....

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 31, 2022, 12:12 pm

fatbob wrote:
December 31, 2022, 11:49 am
Whistler wrote:

I thought it was now an Endemic, not Pandemic? Isn't it all over the entire world now? Why should it be that the Chinese are to be shut down only? For me it's all over and time to live life. Your a long time dead. If your that worried then build your natural immune system....
Are you seriously suggesting that the single strategy of people building a strong immune system is the only answer? This world has people where that is nigh on impossible. The very poor, people with pre existing conditions, immunity drops with age etc etc.

Most countries minimise transmission with sensible policies that include testing, quarantine for infected persons, masks and yes, your much hated vaccinations. China does very little of any of these things and deserves to be singled out.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 31, 2022, 1:01 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 31, 2022, 12:12 pm
fatbob wrote:
December 31, 2022, 11:49 am
Whistler wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that the single strategy of people building a strong immune system is the only answer? This world has people where that is nigh on impossible. The very poor, people with pre existing conditions, immunity drops with age etc etc.

Most countries minimise transmission with sensible policies that include testing, quarantine for infected persons, masks and yes, your much hated vaccinations. China does very little of any of these things and deserves to be singled out.
Have you ever been to China Whistles??? Is your narrative based on life experience or what you read?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 31, 2022, 1:14 pm

I base my narrative on both, don't we all?

I have both travelled in China and had direct business dealings with China including managing China through a business channel for a US company.

However, what has my experience got to do with the crisis in China, this is part of my informed narrative while living here in Thailand

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/the ... 022-12-26/

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 31, 2022, 2:02 pm

So I answered your questions Bob, how about having a go at answering mine about building an immunity system being the only worldwide strategy to deal with Covid?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 31, 2022, 2:24 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 31, 2022, 2:02 pm
So I answered your questions Bob, how about having a go at answering mine about building an immunity system being the only worldwide strategy to deal with Covid?
You do your thing and get the Mrna jab, I'll do mine.... But I certainly don't have to answer to you...

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 31, 2022, 2:29 pm

fatbob wrote:
December 31, 2022, 2:24 pm
Whistler wrote:
December 31, 2022, 2:02 pm
You do your thing and get the Mrna jab, I'll do mine.... But I certainly don't have to answer to you...
As the Alison Krauss song goes.

'You say it best, when you say nothing at all'

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 31, 2022, 3:17 pm

Before we start to object to vaccinations, those of you WHO HAVE never had any Vaccination for anything please speak now or forever hold your peace.
99.9 % of us on here have undergone vaccinations whether as a Child ( mandatory in some countries ) , Adult ( Servicemen ) or just making sure you survive a prevelant illness.

Vaccinations have been the answer to a myriad of illnesses and will continue to do so, some people suffer ( note the use of the word SOME ) but generally a reasonably healthy person will benefit, may not stop you catching whatever it is you have been vaccinated against, but generally you will NOT die nor spend a long time in HOSPITAL . That is a bonus .

As to the origins to my mind a pointless fruitless exercise , it is here lets deal with it , sure shutting the door after the horse has bolted is not the best scenario but it is what it is , deal with what we have. When and I say again WHEN we have got it under control we can re-examine the whys and hows but as it is a Virus capable of mutating quickly may never be fully under control . Precautionary measures must always be considered even more MASK wearing, against some peoples code , but hell wearing it is better than dying in my book or even being hospitalised .

We stopped mask weaing TOO SOON in Public areas and now we may the price for being complacent .

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 31, 2022, 3:26 pm

Old vaccinations were tested by independant departments, these days the big pharma companys carry out there own testing, Mrna is new technology and plenty of medical professionals are now speaking out against it, one last week being the former AMA president and former federal member of parliment Dr Kerry Phelps. Your comparison is chalk and cheese, time will tell on this one.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 31, 2022, 4:04 pm

Dr Kerryn Phelps is not an anti-vaxxer like you Bob, she is pro vaccinations.

Almost any medical procedure and prescription medicine can have adverse effects on some, I repeat some, if the adverse reactions are significant, they are pulled from authorisation. While Pharmaceutical companies sometimes conduct their own testing, sometimes they outsource that testing, in either case it is carried out under a strict set of protocols set by the appropriate authorities.

The real test is if the overwhelming benefits from vaccinating compared to possible side effects, then the efficacy of the drug is proven. The side effects from Covid were typically minor, fatigue and soreness. 71.3% of people in the world have been vaccinated, 5.47 billion people and the statistics do not lie, those that were vaccinated had a massively better chance of not getting Covid or having milder effects if they caught the virus.

Be it for Measles, Mumps, Chicken Pox, Smallpox, Cervical cancer, Rubella etc, worldwide statistics prove convincingly that anti-vaxxers are just plain dumb, they standby their addled beliefs while their loved ones who heed their advice, may die as a consequence.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 31, 2022, 5:09 pm

You love to pigeon hole people to suit your own ill informed agenda, anti vaxx, vaxx, nah, I'll just wait this out and see what eventuates rather than blind ignorant support, once thats in your body you cant remove it....You raise old style vaccines, all tested independantly, and its been clearly stated none of the old vaccines come close to adverse reactions of these new Mrna vaccines, they are not the same so stop comparing them, or are you just blind and dumb???

https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... 0bfbf1bb96

https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... f852a382cf

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 6663625e39

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 31, 2022, 5:21 pm

Those people travelling to England from the country that gave you Covid-19 will have to submit a negative test result before boarding the 'plane.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64130655
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » December 31, 2022, 5:33 pm

Yale medicine or News Limited? Morons would choose News Limited.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/covid ... comparison

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 31, 2022, 6:57 pm

I'll be glad when 2022 is over and voicing one's opinion doesn't end in bile and vitriol.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 31, 2022, 7:28 pm

Don't worry, I think you're doing OK. The self-opinionated Scotsman routine might upset some on this forum but tends to wash over me. Keep doing what you're doing. 8)
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 1, 2023, 7:17 am

fatbob wrote:
December 31, 2022, 5:09 pm
You love to pigeon hole people to suit your own ill informed agenda, anti vaxx, vaxx, nah, I'll just wait this out and see what eventuates rather than blind ignorant support, once thats in your body you cant remove it....You raise old style vaccines, all tested independantly, and its been clearly stated none of the old vaccines come close to adverse reactions of these new Mrna vaccines, they are not the same so stop comparing them, or are you just blind and dumb???

https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... 0bfbf1bb96

https://www.news.com.au/technology/scie ... f852a382cf

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavir ... 6663625e39

Was not aware you were a bio-chemist in a previous life and that you obtained international credibility for being so obtuse.
As i the world of almost verything ways and means change with the advent of electronic devices to assist and help in many aspects of life.
In the world of the Medical profession be that surgery to dealing wih illnesses,things and practices change , and your resoluite charge that anything new is NOT effective because of this and that are as outdated as your personal views .
True in the beginning many thought , new MRNA vaccines a new fangled approach to short` circuiting time honoured ways of testing , but had we done so MILLIONS WOULD HAVE DIED . in fact the proof of the pudding is n the eating and the simplke fact that BLLIONS have not died, been hospitalised and suffered, then th Vaccine works BUT as with ANY VACCINE and with the risks attached for certain people with UNDERLYING HEALTH PRPOBLEMS WHICH ARE EXACERBATED BY THE VIRUS, it can be very risky and cause more complications. That sadly is the way life is, as the p[ercentages show over 75% of people world wide have reacted positively to the NEW vaccines , the est due to a myriad of health problems, age and in some cases disabilities are unable to receive the vaccine, that is also sad but inevitable. Other precautions and reatments should therefore be made available iof possible and that I believe is what has happened.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”