A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: A little ray of sunshine from Australia

Post by Barney » April 6, 2022, 7:17 pm

No
The woke left has taken us well past that.
Who cares, I don’t have to vote anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 6, 2022, 7:47 pm

woke left? What a senseless and pathetic term, seriously? You taking angry red pills now that you realise your hero is going down on May?

Comes the election Australia, will have a decent man leading the country, not the 'liar from the shire'. That is not an insult for Morrison, it sadly reflects the number of proven lies this man has been caught out on, like your other hero Donald Trump.

What's your next nonsense degree in, Political science? The only degree you have ever seen is on a thermometer.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 6, 2022, 10:09 pm

Oh dear.
This is way way way to easy. The bait is totally off, laying in the sun for the last 7 days but still getting bites.
I know my job is done here. And I couldn’t be happier.
The usual egoist know all style of insults from you have returned and I’m sure will continue. But your comments do make me laugh.
Jackspratt tried to help you by mentioning the original date of the post, but as is your style you had to keep going.
By the way I don’t take any pills of any colour but one would think you should up your medication.
I’ll reinforce, I don’t care who wins the federal election. I have not voted in maybe 10 years.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 6, 2022, 10:21 pm

Of course you do not vote. You need to be articulate enough to know your name and address without drooling
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 7, 2022, 7:15 am

ON THIS DAY – 7th April

1780 – Colourful character Jorgen Jorgenson, whaler, English spy and convict, was born.

1815 – Bathurst was founded.

1826 – Australia's first street lamp was erected in Macquarie Place, Sydney – it burned whale oil.

1835 – Major Thomas Mitchell sets out from Boree Station on his second expedition, determined to prove Sturt wrong in the latter's belief that the Darling river flowed southward into the Murray, as Mitchell believed it must flow northwest. After travelling for several months and following the Darling for almost 500km, Mitchell was forced to admit that Sturt was indeed correct.

1841 – Edward John Eyre became the first European to cross the Nullarbor Plain. Eyre travelled with Wylie, an indigenous Australian.

1851 – Edward Hargraves proclaimed the discovery of gold at Ophir, NSW. A court later decided that William Tom and John Lister found the gold.

1896 – Edwin Flack won gold medals in the 800m and 1500m events, and bronze in the tennis doubles at the Games of the 1st Olympiad. He was the only Australian competitor at these games.

1939 – PM Joseph Lyons died of a sudden heart attack. He was the first Prime Minister to die in office.

1941 – The Women's Royal Australian Naval Service (WRANS) was formed.

1966 – New South Wales repealed the Sunday Observance Act, allowing theatres and cinemas to open, sporting events to charge admission and clubs to sell alcohol on Sundays.

1967 – Australian military adviser Major Peter Badcoe was killed in action in Vietnam during an operation in Hương Trà District with the 1st ARVN Reaction Company. He was awarded the Victoria Cross for bravery, conspicuous gallantry and leadership on more than one occasion.

1998 – Patrick Corporation sacked 2,000 dock workers to try to improve efficiency on the waterfront. In response, the Maritime Union of Australia staged possibly the largest industrial dispute Australia has ever seen. In the end, the jobs were restored to the workers in exchange for improvements in efficiency.

Pictured:
Jørgen Jørgensen (Wiki)
Edwin Flack in Athens in 1896 (Wiki)
WRANS equipped with gas respirators during World War II. (RAN)
Major Peter John Badcoe (AWM)

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » April 7, 2022, 7:46 am

bathurst , they have vintage races there. must be
a track / park. lots of old fords or holdens is it ? no that's gm. i dunno :-k

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 7, 2022, 8:28 am

Anthony Albanese faces an uphill battle after an election-eve poll suggested over half of voters knew little about the Labor leader.

According to Ogilvy PR’s Believability Index, which surveyed 1000 voters, Mr Albanese’s believability rating has risen to 48, two points higher than three years ago.

But it’s not all smooth sailing for the Labor leader as 54 per cent of respondents said they knew little about him and he has name recognition issues with younger Australians.

Another 15 per cent conceded they had never heard of him.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 7, 2022, 9:03 am

I was shore support for a client working off the NW Shelf back around 1996. I recall almost daily battles with MUA-inspired dickheadery with our fleet going in and out of Dampier and Onslow regularly. Even the wharfies thought the seamen were just being assholes and they were fellow MUA members. At least the wharfies stated clearly the cost of their support 24/7. If they had to handle the ropes on one of our ships in daylight, that was one slab of coldies. Night time slinging was two slabs. Averaged out at about 10 cases of beer per week. I also learned to make sure any night time port calls were done after 10 pm to stop the "sailors" going to the pub in Dampier (MUA "rules" said I had to provide a minibus to take then to/from the pub), having a "union meeting" and inventing an excuse to delay sailing such as they hadn't finished their game of pool. Fun times.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 7, 2022, 12:49 pm

Australia should soon move to Change the reporting of Covid deaths.
It is now relevant to reveal that australia has had a negative excess of deaths during the pandemic.
Meaning there were less deaths overall from all causes during 2020/21 then the pre pandemic period.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » April 7, 2022, 2:16 pm

The look on the weak dogs face when confronted by a retired miner in a pub in the Hunter. Priceless.
Attachments
FPtKcEeakAIyzP2.jpg
Watch Me!!

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 7, 2022, 2:42 pm

marjamlew wrote:
April 7, 2022, 2:16 pm
The look on the weak dogs face when confronted by a retired miner in a pub in the Hunter. Priceless.
At least our PM was game enough to enter a pub in a labor area and answer questions. Not like that filthy slimey green each way albo who would not answer a question by a community member in WA a couple of days ago. Talk about a gutless weak CXXT and people want him to lead this country.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 7, 2022, 3:51 pm

It's pretty clear the people don't want the lying Scotty from Marketing to lead the country.

And as we are finding out almost daily, neither does a large chunk of the Liberal (sic) party. :-s

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 7, 2022, 5:57 pm

It's all gone a bit glum, what happened to that ray of sunshine? :(
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 7, 2022, 6:27 pm

Earnest wrote:
April 7, 2022, 5:57 pm
It's all gone a bit glum, what happened to that ray of sunshine? :(
Aint no sunshine no more, was that a song way back. Seriously though there is no sunshine on the east coast of Oz, rain rain rain, floods floods and more floods. Its been a terrible couple of years over here with all this rain, so maybe it has gone tits up and glum, it will bounce back.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 7, 2022, 6:35 pm

It happens over here every 10 or 15,000 years or so when the earth throws a wobbly to get all the cogs moving in the right sequence. It may also affect the countries west of The Netherlands and Belgium.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 7, 2022, 6:47 pm

Earnest wrote:It's all gone a bit glum, what happened to that ray of sunshine? :(
I’m still here.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 8, 2022, 12:50 am

That's the ticket!
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » April 8, 2022, 3:29 pm

How much did Scott Morrison personally make from Australia’s failed submarine deal given he made sure his mates Peter Costello and David Gazard made $millions?
https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.com/20 ... -millions/
Watch Me!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 8, 2022, 4:07 pm

Bet it wasnt anywhere near as much as Johnson and co made from the "failed test & trace" deal

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » April 8, 2022, 4:14 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 8, 2022, 4:07 pm
Bet it wasnt anywhere near as much as Johnson and co made from the "failed test & trace" deal
Birds of a feather Statts
Watch Me!!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”