saint
udonmap.com

Re: Masks

Post by saint » April 11, 2020, 8:58 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 11, 2020, 7:36 am
saint wrote:
April 11, 2020, 7:27 am
I took a trip out yesturday to my local non essential tyre shop , to get a new non essential battery for my aging non essential SUV , which is my bestest toy ever . Ive coached into life for the last 3 weeks , but finally it just died .
I noticed that all the older fitters were wearing masks , yet the younger ones were not .
Asked the boss why . He said he could not get them to wear one , although providing them to his staff free .
This is what we are up against , the wishy washy government guidelines just dont help in this situation .
Exactly may point .. unclear guidelines are not helping (as with the booze ban) ..

Tire shop boss .. week kneed should force them to wear of be laid off without pay .. or sack em...no labour office dispute or tribunal required.

DM
Not so easy if you have good hard working staff who know what they are doing .
He has a good crew , who know their onions , and looks after them well , because of that fact . Many have been with him and his father before him for years .
If he lays them off , difficult to replace . Monkeys a plenty out there , Just visit a main dealer !!! Good mechanics are hard to find .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 11, 2020, 9:19 am

Maybe this mask wearing OR NOT issue is a vanity thing , Thais love mirrors , make up and hair flicking .. the death sentence of chapped lips , zits or even herpes may be a side effect or so they think .. might spoil their movie star looks or ruffle a hair .. either way is wearing a mask such a big deal REALLY??

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 11, 2020, 10:06 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 11, 2020, 9:19 am
Maybe this mask wearing OR NOT issue is a vanity thing , Thais love mirrors , make up and hair flicking .. the death sentence of chapped lips , zits or even herpes may be a side effect or so they think .. might spoil their movie star looks or ruffle a hair .. either way is wearing a mask such a big deal REALLY??

DM
I think your right , same reason a lot will not wear a helmet on a bike .
To me social distancing is more important than wearing a mask . Maybe it just me .
However i did notice myself distancing from the youngsters that were mask lees , than i did the owner and older guys who were masked up .
Iheard one of the answers for not wearing a mask were just that .
Wearing a mask gives us a false sense of security both in ourselves and when coming into contact with others .
Social distancing to me makes more sense , however i still wear one in public , as its the right thing to not only do , but be seen to be doing .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2020, 6:23 pm

saint wrote:
April 11, 2020, 10:06 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 11, 2020, 9:19 am

DM
To me social distancing is more important than wearing a mask . Maybe it just me .
However i did notice myself distancing from the youngsters that were mask lees , than i did the owner and older guys who were masked up .
Wearing a mask gives us a false sense of security both in ourselves and when coming into contact with others .
Social distancing to me makes more sense , however i still wear one in public , as its the right thing to not only do , but be seen to be doing .
Since we appear to have a good handle on what makes the locals tick when it comes to being maskless, what's the reason for the old farang generally being very reluctant to wear one? Vanity? The lingering vestiges of handsome man syndrome? A sense of superiority? All of the above?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 12, 2020, 7:28 pm

DM
[/quote]

, what's the reason for the old farang generally being very reluctant to wear one? Vanity? The lingering vestiges of handsome man syndrome? A sense of superiority? All of the above?
[/quote

It could be that they are hot, sweaty and basically useless in stopping airborne virus contagion. :-" :-"

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by tinpeeba » April 16, 2020, 12:49 am

Face shields are even better than masks. Here’s how to make your own

https://www.fastcompany.com/90490440/fa ... e-your-own?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 16, 2020, 9:18 am

tinpeeba wrote:
April 16, 2020, 12:49 am
Since they only redirect droplets down not capture them and should the be droplets in the air they do nothing to prevent inhalation, by themselves they are significantly worse than any mask. Add a face shield to a mask and that is a bit different.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » April 17, 2020, 9:22 am

BB12Cg7C.jpg

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 1, 2020, 7:21 pm

Pretty much sums it up from my perspective....

Stay Safe.jpg

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 1, 2020, 9:55 pm

saint wrote:

We should all be wearing burqas. It is the manly and Christian thing to do.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » May 1, 2020, 11:26 pm

oh my , stopped at pharmacy today and they had
a full plexiglass shield on counter 4-5 ft long with
a slot to pass money or medicine :-s
i had microwaved all my banknotes prior to shopping& rubbed alcohol gel on coins :shock:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2020, 11:32 pm

^ The new normal.

Suck it up Precious.

PS: Is that an 800 W microwave?

55 (for mickojak)

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 2, 2020, 2:45 am

There's an in-depth rebuttal of objections to face coverings for the general public in this Twitter thread:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1253 ... 74560.html

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 2, 2020, 2:50 am

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 2, 2020, 3:51 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 1, 2020, 9:55 pm
saint wrote:

We should all be wearing burqas. It is the manly and Christian thing to do.
Give it time Uncle , give it time . :-k

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 2, 2020, 7:01 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 16, 2020, 9:18 am
tinpeeba wrote:
April 16, 2020, 12:49 am
Since they only redirect droplets down not capture them and should the be droplets in the air they do nothing to prevent inhalation, by themselves they are significantly worse than any mask. Add a face shield to a mask and that is a bit different.
For those that do not yet wear glasses ( some protection from airborne droplets ) wearing a mask and a Pair of Clear builders protective glasses the same thing, as the droplets enter all MOIST open parts of the face, nose, mouth and eyes . Plus you do not look quite so stupid .

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Mask wars, round 3

Post by tamada » May 10, 2020, 8:22 am

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 13, 2020, 8:58 pm

This would seem to indicate that masks actually do help:

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 13, 2020, 10:38 pm

Udon Map wrote:
July 13, 2020, 8:58 pm
This would seem to indicate that masks actually do help:

Yes and over time when the virus cannot spread from one to another via air, the virus will die out, with no new Host

The exception being where people touch an infected surface and them proceed to touch their noise, eyes of mouth

Let's say, at a guess that the first way of spreading, via airborne, accounts for 70% of person to person transmission or even just 50%, then either way it would put a big dent in the ability of the virus to find easily a new Host, after having F..cked over the last Host for the past 14 Days. They tell me the Eyes are the most vulnerable part of the face. 8) :pirate:

Upshot, so the longer people adhere to wearing masks in public, the more chance of reducing the continuation of the virus spread. It will help, that for sure, that is for certain. :-k

Combine the above, with everyone increasing their own personal hygiene and being a little more conscious about how many times they touch their face everyday, and you are on a winner, likely to have cut out 80-90% of the way in which the virus spreads from one person to another. But leave shagging alone, in that last 10% \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » July 29, 2020, 1:22 pm

People wearing face coverings will take in fewer coronavirus particles, evidence suggests, making disease less severe.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/heal ... ction.html

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”