The lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is ...

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: The lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is ...

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2020, 5:10 pm

Over the last few weeks, I have been talking to scores of organisations in Australia and NZ, government agencies in Thailand and a few around IL. All have explained to me that they are back to normal.

So this is my point. The ones that took Covid head on are ready to rock 'n roll, the ones with ideological blinkers on are in deep doggy doo. The new normal is not the old normal, but the new normal is manageable.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 5:18 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 1, 2020, 5:10 pm
Over the last few weeks, I have been talking to scores of organisations in Australia and NZ, government agencies in Thailand and a few around IL. All have explained to me that they are back to normal.

So this is my point. The ones that took Covid head on are ready to rock 'n roll, the ones with ideological blinkers on are in deep doggy doo. The new normal is not the old normal, but the new normal is manageable.
Back to the new normal of mass unemployment paid for by broke governments

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 1, 2020, 5:21 pm

Whistler
What are you talking about? Pls provide more specifics

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 1, 2020, 5:28 pm

noosard wrote:
July 1, 2020, 5:08 pm
Just read an article that majority of people may be immune from the virus

Conversation.

“Data from military ships and cities such as Stockholm, New York and London also suggest that infections have been around 20 per cent – much lower than earlier mathematical models suggested........
These are the concluding paragraphs of the article in The Conversation:

https://theconversation.com/coronavirus ... ted-141584
That said, the fact that more than 20% of people have been infected in other places means that the T-cell hypothesis is unlikely to be the sole explanation either. Indeed, if a 20% threshold does exist, it applies to only some communities, depending on interactions between many genetic, immunological, behavioural and environmental factors, as well as the prevalence of pre-existing diseases.

Understanding these complex interactions is going to be necessary if one is to meaningfully estimate when SARS-CoV-2 will burn itself out. Ascribing any apparent public health successes or failures to a single factor is appealing – but it is unlikely to provide sufficient insight into how COVID-19, or whatever comes next, can be defeated.
Draw your own conclusions.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 5:34 pm

Thanks Jack you got that from a different source to me
This could be a game changer
Then we could get hit with a new round of pig flu
So life goes on
For some not others
No real change

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2020, 5:37 pm

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 1, 2020, 5:40 pm

noosard wrote:
July 1, 2020, 5:34 pm
Thanks Jack you got that from a different source to me
If your source was news.com.au (which was the first hit I got when I googled), I am not surprised they left out those important paragraphs.

They don't really support the ideological agenda of news.com, which is part of Murdoch's evil empire.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 6:25 pm

Here is a thought why did Thailand and its neighbours not really get the virus
Is it because of the food they eat and are just tougher than the rest of the world
or is because they have been exposed to different virus in the distant past
and have different antibodies

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » July 1, 2020, 6:30 pm

noosard wrote:
July 1, 2020, 6:25 pm
Here is a thought why did Thailand and its neighbours not really get the virus
Is it because of the food they eat and are just tougher than the rest of the world
or is because they have been exposed to different virus in the distant past
and have different antibodies
Noosard,
That's a great point.
Yeah, maybe this virus circulated within the Asian population years ago, before international travel?

Definitely worth consideration.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2020, 7:11 pm

noosard + Mickojak (combined IQ = (calculate combined ages) divided by 10). then share 50/50.

Where the hell did you experts dream up this scenario? You know zip about immune systems, but you dream up this hypothesis unsupported by every expert in the world. Watch out for medical experts of the world, flocking to Soi Sampan to unlearn all of their studies, then prostrating themselves at the feet of the experts.

If a diet was the key, why did 80,000 get covid and 4,600 die before one of the most severe lockdowns stop the spread in just one city in China

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 1, 2020, 7:50 pm

Whistler wrote:noosard + Mickojak (combined IQ = (calculate combined ages) divided by 10). then share 50/50.

Be careful Noosard and Mick, the resident know all has many ways to call someone a *****, as above. It’s his go to try his personal attacks and intimidation when replying.
Has even in one post put all of Soi Sampan in the same basket.
I’m sure he has ventured into Soi Sampan many times monitoring what he sees as the uneducated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2020, 7:56 pm

Barney wrote:
July 1, 2020, 7:50 pm
Whistler wrote:noosard + Mickojak (combined IQ = (calculate combined ages) divided by 10). then share 50/50.

Be careful Noosard and Mick, the resident know all has many ways to call someone a *****, as above. It’s his go to try his personal attacks and intimidation when replying.
Has even in one post put all of Soi Sampan in the same basket.
I’m sure he has ventured into Soi Sampan many times monitoring what he sees as the uneducated.

cool lets dilute the collective intelligence another notch, but while dangerously close to zero, there is no known occurrence of negative IQ, however this could roll that precedent onto its rear end and make a world first.

Like Trump, just when you think he could not do something more stupid than he did yesterday, he proves you wrong.

Barney, take a bow.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 8:14 pm

Whistler your company tells you what they want to you know
Try thinking for your self before worrying about someone elses iq or thoughts
As for a so called intelligent person you seem to resort to name calling to get your inaccurate points across
Not showing a lot of class or intelligences

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 1, 2020, 8:26 pm

noosard wrote:
July 1, 2020, 8:14 pm
Whistler your company tells you what they want to you know
Try thinking for your self before worrying about someone elses iq or thoughts
As for a so called intelligent person you seem to resort to name calling to get your inaccurate points across
Not showing a lot of class or intelligences

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2020, 9:12 pm

nice reply

Barney
udonmap.com

The lack of evidence lockdowns actually worked is ...

Post by Barney » July 1, 2020, 9:24 pm

?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 2, 2020, 8:05 am

We were I thought talking about Lockdowns , NOT what some self appointed know it all thinks. Like face mask wearing the jury is still out on all the actions taken by various Governments around the world , some think they have it under control , and then there it is again resurfacing so obviously no matter what anyone says time will tell and the results will be history, but the same as FLU, ( not eradicated anywhere, no matter what the Forums Professor states ) This Virus will circulate for decades to come .Historically they have a habit oif dying down ( aka transmission ) and then coming back in situations that are right for it. As a Unseen, Air Borne Virus , using the same space as we all do in breathing in the AIR it is unable to be KILLED or even wiped off the Earth, we have to learn to live with it .

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 2, 2020, 8:36 am

noosard wrote:
July 1, 2020, 9:12 pm
nice reply
my 55 was not an acknowledgement that you were right. i am on the management team, that was why I was amused

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 2, 2020, 9:39 am

Thought you said previously it was your company

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2020, 9:46 am

Bugger me! It's that bloody Walter Mitty again.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”