The All-New "Why is the UK imposing quarantine now?" thread.

tamada
udonmap.com

The All-New "Why is the UK imposing quarantine now?" thread.

Post by tamada » June 9, 2020, 1:26 pm

"The government says the measures are backed by science and will help prevent a second wave of Covid-19 cases imported from abroad, as other countries move out of lockdown, with restrictions on work and movement potentially eased further in the UK in coming weeks."

IIRC, the only people quarantined on arrival were returnees from Wuhan way back in February. I don't recall any media reporting that any of these either developed symptoms while in detention or, if they did, if any of them died.

I think this is based on the same 'science' that after ~12 weeks of steadily rising stats, people now want to see published. Recent weeks have indicated a definite frisson between the scientific/academic advisory team and the government on how the former's findings and recommendations are being implemented by the latter... or not as the case may be.

In lieu of the science, I can't see the logic. Does anyone?

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: The All-New "Why is the UK imposing quarantine now?" thread.

Post by JimboPSM » June 9, 2020, 3:24 pm

It could be a demonstration by Johnson of his world beating pandemic rapid response unit to use world beating 20/20 hindsight technology to recognise and react to pandemic threats within a world beating six months ](*,)

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”