Re: New Extension after September 26th

Post by retired » September 4, 2020, 1:11 pm

Not according to this....
https://youtu.be/W2Tdjb0vVF8

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 4, 2020, 2:10 pm

People have not been paying attention. If you go to immo and say you can't get back to your own country you have to either have a letter saying no flights to your own country and prove there has been no flights in the last 5 months . that is what the amnesty has been about . giving you time to leave. I don't know anyone who has not been able to get back to the UK. Sensible people have kept their visas going by going in for extensions . others have not. You can't get an extension on a visa that ran out months ago. My 'o' visa would have expired in July so I changed to retirement in June . if I had simply sat back and it expired I would not be able to get a retirement visa. Keep in mind after the 26th if you over stay you will be fined and black listed from returning .
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 4, 2020, 2:25 pm

Most British citizens will only get an extension letter if they are transitioning to a year extension.
COVID-19 Visa Extension Applications – Support Letter
The British Embassy can issue a letter to support applications to extend existing visas for British Nationals who require a letter to apply for a Non-Immigrant visa or for those who are unable to travel to their country of residence due to border closures or if the FCDO advises against travel to that country.

To apply, email [email protected] with evidence of:
  • Copy of the biodata page of your passport
    Entry stamp in to Thailand
    Proof of residence in a third country e.g. visa (if applicable)
Supporting documents relating to your long-term visa application e.g. marriage certificate, employment contract
If you are unable to travel due to medical reasons, you may be able to extend your visa for medical purposes. You should speak to your local Immigration Office about this.

The British Embassy  will  not  be  issuing  a visa extension letter to British Nationals here on short-term visas who can travel to their country of residence.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 4, 2020, 2:39 pm

Part of an email I received from the Oz Embassy yesterday:
Visa Letters:
Given how difficult it is to secure a flight to Australia, the Embassy has decided to assist in issuing letters to support people applying to extend their Thai visas. It is not the role of the Australian Government to be saying who should or shouldn’t stay in Thailand, that’s up to Thai Immigration; however, given Thai officials are reluctant to make these decisions without our involvement, we have decided to issue the letters for two categories of Australians:

1. If you are transitioning from a short term tourist visa to a long term visa, Thai Immigration generally want a letter from us to allow you to do so. We are happy to do so as long as you can show us evidence that you’ve applied for a long term visa; or

2. If you have had flights booked and cancelled, your next flight is after 26 September and you can show us evidence of this, we will also provide you with a letter to support your visa extension.

If you meet one of these categories please email [email protected], provide us with the evidence requested above and a copy of your Australian passport details page.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 4, 2020, 3:05 pm

Retired
Best listen again to your tape 2 groups can continue to get 30 day extensions who are on Tourist Visas

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 4, 2020, 3:28 pm

Here is another problem for some
If you entered before Mar 25 you do not get the amnesty at all
Which is one of the pitfalls I had
So was forced to do 60 day extension
now I have done the 1 year marriage ext
Turns out I did it 2 weeks early
But that is nothing to what sitting on your hands and hoping may turn into

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » September 4, 2020, 7:01 pm

booked my fourth plane ride home today, fingers crossed this one isnt cancelled too, as its costing me a heap of dosh all this cancelling nonsense

retired
udonmap.com

Post by retired » September 4, 2020, 9:54 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 4, 2020, 3:05 pm
Retired
Best listen again to your tape 2 groups can continue to get 30 day extensions who are on Tourist Visas
Yes, but your post suggested it was open to all It is Not!
(1) Those who have a Medical Problem and because of their problem are not fit to travel and they need a Letter from a Doctor and (2) those who cannot gain entry back into their country because their country has closed its border to flights from Thailand and they need a letter stating as much from their Embassy.

Its not a cover all 30 days for all tourists. I suggest you listen to it again only a little more carefully.

and Papafarang - There are flights going to the UK, Eva Has been flying there continually throughout the pandemic sometimes once or twice a week.
Last edited by retired on September 4, 2020, 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 4, 2020, 9:58 pm

Honestly everyone has to assess what's best for them in their own given situation. The laws are clear as mud so that doesn't help much either but trust yourself should be 100% on how to handle this situation

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 5, 2020, 6:02 am

retired wrote:
September 4, 2020, 9:54 pm
Doodoo wrote:
September 4, 2020, 3:05 pm
Retired
...and Papafarang - There are flights going to the UK, Eva Has been flying there continually throughout the pandemic sometimes once or twice a week.
NB: Papafarang said, "I don't know anyone who has not been able to get back to the UK."

You are BOTH correct. Also note that KLM, Swiss and Lufthansa have also provided one-stop connections to the UK.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 6, 2020, 6:53 am

Finn air too , possibly many others . Also UK citizens hold European passports ,UK borders are not closed so you can return to the UK via just about anywhere from the EU. Its going to get messy at immo. people have had 5 months to return so I guess you'll have to prove you have had many cancellations. Don't think immo are stupid. The IDC is going to be packed and from what I hear the deportation center is slightly worse than a Thai prison
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 6, 2020, 8:40 am

^ I think the Aussies will easily qualify for these extensions since their daily cap on who can come back are already restrictive without the added difficulty of them not easily permitting their own to leave. This makes any flights few and far between and probably very expensive. No airline's making money going up that Antipodean cul-de-sac.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 6, 2020, 9:32 am

More than 371,000 Australians have returned home since 13 March, when the public was urged not to go overseas because of the coronavirus health crisis, the committee heard.
Another 18000 want to return as of 20/08/2020

The federal government's decision to slow the pace of international arrivals to Australia is set to make it more difficult for returning Australians and residents to come home.
The number of international arrivals allowed will be cut by half to ease the pressure of coronavirus quarantine on states and territories.

The reduction means 4,000 fewer people will be coming to Australia each week.

If only 3000 return each week would only take 6 weeks to deliver the 18000 stranded Aussies
That could mean Thai IM may give them a month extension if they have get a letter from the Aus embassy

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 6, 2020, 10:15 am

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 6, 2020, 10:30 am

On Thai visa

contacted the Aus Embassy and got a email reply as follows

Visa Letter
Given how difficult it is to secure a flight to Australia, the Embassy has decided to assist in issuing letters to support people applying to extend their Thai visas. It is not the role of the Australian Government to be saying who should or shouldn’t stay in Thailand, that’s up to Thai Immigration; however, given Thai officials are reluctant to make these decisions without our involvement, we have decided to issue the letters for two categories of Australians:

1. If you are transitioning from a short term tourist visa to a long term visa, Thai Immigration generally want a letter from us to allow you to do so. We are happy to do so as long as you can show us evidence that you’ve applied for a long term visa; or

2. If you have had flights booked and cancelled, your next flight is after 26 September and you can show us evidence of this, we will also provide you with a letter to support your visa extension.

So any other reason such as the one i was told by my local im office because i am on a ME O Visa valid till 4th January 2021 is not covered .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 6, 2020, 10:38 am

Deleted

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 16, 2020, 6:57 am

VISA Long stay tourist visas to Thailand announced today – 90 days, renewable

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/visa/lo ... -renewable

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » September 16, 2020, 7:11 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 16, 2020, 6:57 am

I wonder if they will allow to convert to an OA Visa or if you can open a bank account under the 90-day renewable.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 16, 2020, 8:34 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
September 16, 2020, 7:11 am
Doodoo wrote:
September 16, 2020, 6:57 am

I wonder if they will allow to convert to an OA Visa or if you can open a bank account under the 90-day renewable.
You can never convert one visa into a different visa the answer is no.

As to a bank account that is up to the bank manager (it always has been despite what they tell you) if you have a wealthy Thai friend who has an account with the bank where you want to open an account, and they introduce you, you can open an account with any visa or visa exemption.
Conversely whatever visa you have going in alone will quite often get you refused.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”