A Scathing Indictment of the UK Prime Minister

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: A Scathing Indictment of the UK Prime Minister

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 17, 2021, 1:06 pm

tamada wrote:
June 17, 2021, 12:42 pm
Argument: Boris is a useless bla bla bla , vacuous bla bla bla , narcissistic clown bla bla bla surrounded by clueless out of touch sycophants bla bla bla , all lining their own pockets bla bla bla .

Counter argument: Who else?.. bla bla bla... best of a bad bunch... bla bla bla... no choice... bla bla bla... excellent job considering... bla bla bla... got Brexit done... bla bla bla... weak Starmer... bla bla bla... Labour's useless... bla bla bla... called Hancock f*cking useless... bla bla bla... swallowed Dominic's cummings... bla bla bla...
So just to clarify Tamina can we take it unlike flip flopper KP you still arent too keen on Boris n Co .. including Health minister Hancock and the lush Pretty Patel ?

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 17, 2021, 1:37 pm

I think the problem for the UK is a lack of competent leaders, Choice of an amusing clown, a woman who has disobeyed government rules, lied about it, been sacked and reinstated by the clown; a health minister who gives contracts to his wife's friends, and wishy washy Starmer on the other side, Honesty and Integrity are certainly rare commodities in the tory party. It pains me to say it, but even Cameron was better.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2021, 3:19 pm

rick wrote:
June 17, 2021, 1:37 pm
I think the problem for the UK is a lack of competent leaders, Choice of an amusing clown, a woman who has disobeyed government rules, lied about it, been sacked and reinstated by the clown; a health minister who gives contracts to his wife's friends, and wishy washy Starmer on the other side, Honesty and Integrity are certainly rare commodities in the tory party. It pains me to say it, but even Cameron was better.
Ooohh... Cameron? Go wash your mouth out with soap. It was the Tories enduring social disconnect and his vanity what ultimately led to the fundamental deceit of Brexit.

Outside the space between Johnson's ears, there's a huge power vacuum in the UK, left, right and center. When the likes of the bald guy from Specsavers gets nearly 7 hours of air-time and handily slips in a re-write of his famous garden party presentation, then yes, there is a need for the public to wake the f*ck up and stop giving Bojo a free pass just because 'nobody else is up for it'.

A whole slew of grizzled and self-seeking professional parliamentarians retired after Johnson swept the board and ultimately delivered Cameron's worst nightmare. So far, the new blood, Millennials and younger, seem to be more of the same but fervently working to an accelerated program of "get yourself some of this" and stuff the proles.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 17, 2021, 4:33 pm

Cameron .. that guy was a total plum.. the only good thing he did was to sanction the Brexit referendum which he wrongly thought was never gonna be won by the leavers ..how wrong he was .. last decent PM was Maggie Thatcher .

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 17, 2021, 5:23 pm

I have never actually said Boris was bad, so I have not had a change of heart, we could have done better, but we should work witrh what we have rather than tear everything apart just because you do not like him. he has made a ffew bad choices, Cummings was one , could be his Achilles heel, but apart from that it is going far better than we hope and we have a possible trade deal with Australia, unlike the EU which after 40 years does not have one

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 17, 2021, 5:34 pm

And we REALLY NEED a deal that allows the import cheap genetically modified beef dont we

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 17, 2021, 6:07 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 17, 2021, 5:34 pm
And we REALLY NEED a deal that allows the import cheap genetically modified beef dont we
Correction: And we REALLY NEED a deal that allows the import cheap genetically modified and grain-fed beef dont we

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 17, 2021, 8:06 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
June 17, 2021, 5:34 pm
If you are referring to Oz beef, do you have a reference for that?

It would probably be of interest to a huge number of Australian consumers.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 17, 2021, 9:04 pm

"In July 2018, the European Union’s top court ruled that new GM techniques such as CRISPR pose similar risks to older GM techniques and need to be assessed for safety in the same way.5 Our key agricultural competitor New Zealand will also be regulating these techniques as GM. Even the US Food and Drug Administration, which is not known for its precautionary approach to gene technology, has proposed that gene edited animals be assessed for food safety.6In stark contrast to overseas regulators, the Office of the Gene Technology Regulator (OGTR) and Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) have both recommended that a number of these new GM techniques be deregulated. Furthermore, they have relied on advice from biotechnology scientists with clear commercial conflicts of interest in making their recommendations.
Research shows that the majority of Australians are not comfortable with the idea of eating GM animals.7Yet if these techniques are deregulated anyone would be free to use them in animals and the resulting animal products would enter our food chain with no labelling and no safety testing.There is zero tolerance for unapproved GM content in many of Australia’s major export markets. That makes it essential to have prior assessment of not just the environmental and human health impacts, but also the economic impacts of any use of GMOs. As a major agricultural exporter, if Australia were to exempt any of these techniques from regulation it could result in serious trade implications."

This is the first in the list provided by google, I'm not sure where Jack, but I read several months ago that the UK trade deal would allow up to 50% to be "modified",and given the above ref to Aussie exports its make sense for the Aussies to get a "new deal" lined up with a UK govt. that is DESPERATE for ANY sort of deal it can sell to it's gullable public
http://emergingtech.foe.org.au/wp-conte ... a-2018.pdf

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 18, 2021, 12:02 am

Ooohh... Cameron? Go wash your mouth out with soap. It was the Tories enduring social disconnect and his vanity what ultimately led to the fundamental deceit of Brexit.
Well, i was trying to show how BAD Boris is. Apart from a bit of tax evasion, I do not think Cameron was fundamentally dishonest, he didn't make any glaringly bad decisions until the Brexit referendum. Boris doesn't know what honesty is, he has lied in his journalistic career, changes his mind to suit opinion polls, and supports grandiose hare-brained national projects (e.g. garden bridge, Thames estuary airport). Six children, 3 mothers - his daughter called him a selfish bastard, he was frequently unfaithful to his first wife and denied paternity of his 5th child (he lost in court). How can anyone trust a man like this?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2021, 7:39 am

rick, perhaps certain of our mapites view the above as "things to aspire to" :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 18, 2021, 7:43 am

:lol:

Besides dishonest, he's also lazy and incompetent. Perhaps this kind of endears him to some people.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 18, 2021, 7:58 am

stattointhailand wrote:
June 18, 2021, 7:39 am
rick, perhaps certain of our mapites view the above as "things to aspire to" :lol:
Thats quite a statement Statts ..not very pleasant at all for a Friday morning .. im sure many mostly Brit UM members arent overly fond of Mr Johnson (me included) its just they dont feel the need to constantly post and deride him to the point of tedium..the only reason i repost is you blame Boris for absolutely everything wrong in UK society seems which is OOT.

Lets not forget unlike numerous nations Boris was democratically elected in a fair unfixed election it wasnt rigged or in a coup and also worth noting he won by a country mile .. the British people (who reside there and whom if effects the most ) chose ... BTW did you vote Statto ?? if so we can presume for Corbyn :lol:

Dodgy Dave ... Cameron was just more subtle at hiding his deals as were some of his ministers.,,

Here the late great Dennis Skinner in the HOP calling out Cameron for one of his dicky deals .. marvelous entertainment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvIUa47x_Oc

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2021, 8:06 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 18, 2021, 7:58 am

... .. im sure many mostly Brit UM members arent overly fond of Mr Johnson (me included) ...
DM
Oh my... with that revelation, I do feel as though I am getting the vapors!

I'm glad I was seated when I read that.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 18, 2021, 8:42 am

In my defense DM, and using the (it would seem, tried and tested) comments on UM ........ Bojo might not be responsible for EVERYTHING wrong in blighty, but he sure as hell can lay claim to MOST of it, and in any case there's "NOBODY BETTER" to blame :lol:
As for voting for Jerry, you know as well as I that I am "persona non grata" when it comes to voting in UK for expats after a few years, although they still expect me to pay taxes on my pension (subject to inflation during all the years I paid in, but strangely not when it's them paying out =; ) :-"

I wonder how much of a "landslide" he would have won by if he had a) Told the truth for once b) The British public were not so gullible as to believe all the lies :-k

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2021, 9:17 am

The Lib Dems have just taken a Tory scalp.

The Liberal Democrats have snatched victory from the Tories in a shock result at the Chesham and Amersham by-election.

"Conservative Peter Fleet lost the seat to the Lib Dem candidate Sarah Green after the results were declared shortly before 2am on Friday.

The Lib Dems recorded 21,517 votes compared to 13,489 for the Tories in a huge swing for the party."

The 'Blue Wall' (the one with a lot of red bricks in it) is beginning to crumble.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... t-24341729

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 18, 2021, 9:36 am

tamada wrote:
June 18, 2021, 8:06 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 18, 2021, 7:58 am

... .. im sure many mostly Brit UM members arent overly fond of Mr Johnson (me included) ...
DM
Oh my... with that revelation, I do feel as though I am getting the vapors!

I'm glad I was seated when I read that.
I thought that would be a curve ball for you Tammy .. :lol: for the most part i think Boris is a total oaf but as i choose not to vote , pay any UK taxes etc i dont feel as obliged to constantly whinge about him as others i didnt vote him / Torys into power.. saying that i can understand those who do wish to have a pop at him... STATTO :shock:

Bojos saving grace was the piss poor Labour opposition / Corbyn policies and getting Brexit done after the shambolic efforts of May and i think thats what got him where he is today and where he could stay for a long time ..who knows. The Great British public were so fed up with the Brexit fiasco for BJ to get it done was a huge relief ..
stattointhailand wrote:
June 18, 2021, 8:42 am
In my defense DM, and using the (it would seem, tried and tested) comments on UM ........ Bojo might not be responsible for EVERYTHING wrong in blighty, but he sure as hell can lay claim to MOST of it, and in any case there's "NOBODY BETTER" to blame :lol:
As for voting for Jerry, you know as well as I that I am "persona non grata" when it comes to voting in UK for expats after a few years, although they still expect me to pay taxes on my pension (subject to inflation during all the years I paid in, but strangely not when it's them paying out =; ) :-"

I wonder how much of a "landslide" he would have won by if he had a) Told the truth for once b) The British public were not so gullible as to believe all the lies :-k

I refer the right honourable member for East Udon to my previous post.

Since when have you known any politician tell the truth and completely full fill their manifesto pledges .. ??

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 19, 2021, 7:18 am

tamada wrote:
June 18, 2021, 9:17 am
The Lib Dems have just taken a Tory scalp.

The Liberal Democrats have snatched victory from the Tories in a shock result at the Chesham and Amersham by-election.

"Conservative Peter Fleet lost the seat to the Lib Dem candidate Sarah Green after the results were declared shortly before 2am on Friday.

The Lib Dems recorded 21,517 votes compared to 13,489 for the Tories in a huge swing for the party."

The 'Blue Wall' (the one with a lot of red bricks in it) is beginning to crumble.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... t-24341729
As an MP told me one day, these elections are different. By-elections are not the same as a General elections, so often By-elections are a local reaction to current situations , General Elections are a reaction to all situations and how they are managed. No doubt this election will be changed again at a General election where also a far greater turnout will be expected.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 19, 2021, 8:30 am

^ Yeah, like the US mid-terms mean bugger all. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Let me guess, the MP that told you this rubbish was a pre-Brexit Tory with a comfy majority in a traditionally 'blue' constituency?

...and you believed him.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 19, 2021, 9:30 am

tamada wrote:
June 19, 2021, 8:30 am
^ Yeah, like the US mid-terms mean bugger all. Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Let me guess, the MP that told you this rubbish was a pre-Brexit Tory with a comfy majority in a traditionally 'blue' constituency?

...and you believed him.
Well actually his political persuasion regarding Brexit or not has absolutely nothing to do with his comments, but as man who believes what he stands for and was offering advice to a then fledging local politician ( me ) . Which I took as a compliment , those comments were backed up by others who knew him and his peers including IDS . But that is irrelevant .
Those who attempt through ridicule to demonise current politicians , unless they are willing to even begin to enter the political fray personally, really have no idea what they are talking about . Do you Tam eh !!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”