Hotel Quarantine (ASQ) in Thailand

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Hotel Quarantine (ASQ) in Thailand

Post by jackspratt » February 19, 2021, 9:06 am

For those who are interested, or are contemplating it, this article pretty much describes what ASQ is like when you get to Thailand.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-19/ ... m/13163526

The major differences I found between doing it in Oz, and here, were:

- you must do an extra night here ie your arrival day doesn't count towards the 14 days

- being able to choose your own hotel (from the approved list) here

- being allowed out of your room here each day after your 1st negative test

- no alcohol here (although as I reported previously, my luggage, which contained booze, was not inspected at the hotel)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Hotel Quarantine (ASQ) in Thailand

Post by jackspratt » March 10, 2021, 8:47 am

Funny how I only picked up on these 2 significant developments by reading overseas news.
On Monday, Thailand announced it would reduce its mandatory quarantine period from 14 to seven days for vaccinated foreigners arriving in the country, starting next month, in a bid to boost its struggling tourism industry.

Vaccinations must be administered within three months of the travel period, Health Minister Anutin Charnvirankul said.

Visitors would still be required to show negative COVID-19 test results within three days of their departure.
Those not yet immunised but with coronavirus-free certificates would be quarantined for 10 days, he said.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-10/ ... r/13232680

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 10, 2021, 10:57 am

So one has completed their 2 coarse "jab", 3 months lapses and the tourist is still subjected to the same olde cr#p.

Anutin really is a "dick head"! Hope he has informed the idiots at TAT so as they can revise their figures - again!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 10, 2021, 12:58 pm

Bandung
Even after fully being vaccinated there are loads of questions to be ask
Will all people react the same when vaccinated?

Is there a need to get a booster and if yes when One month, 3 months,1 year? and which vaccines differ for boosters?

Vaccine Passports which ones are real which ones are hand painted. Even before the vaccines, who was it , a Norwegain presenting a fake Vaccine Passport at Immigration

So I can see the reluctance at the beginning.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 10, 2021, 2:18 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 10, 2021, 12:58 pm
Bandung

Is there a need to get a booster and if yes when One month, 3 months,1 year? and which vaccines differ for boosters?

Vaccine Passports which ones are real which ones are hand painted. Even before the vaccines, who was it , a Norwegain presenting a fake Vaccine Passport at Immigration

With regard to personal reactions to vaccines or inoculation contraindication, this has no relevance in the context of what's being discussed here. Thailand's government plans on accepting complete vaccination (both shots) as long as it is no more than three months prior to trying to enter Thailand.

The Thai government's proposals do not embrace the as-yet untested scientific viability of booster shots. This science hasn't been tested anywhere by any vaccine manufacturer. However, they have suggested on accepting complete vaccination (both shots) as long as it is no more than three months prior to trying to enter Thailand.

Vaccine passports are totally impractical and fraud is only one of the reasons that this is so.

IIRC, the Norwegian presented a fake Certificate of Entry (CoE) on arrival at Suvarnabhumi.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Hotel Quarantine

Post by Doodoo » March 10, 2021, 4:24 pm

Feel free Bandung to jump in and reply to my answers for your questions/statements. Would love to hear your point of view.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » March 10, 2021, 4:30 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 10, 2021, 12:58 pm
Bandung

I have had a medical passport must be 20 odd years now don't see any difference to covid passport and with many vaccinations wouldn't have been able to work in my countries that i worked in. Yellow fever is a prime example

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 10, 2021, 5:45 pm

^ Ah yes, the international gypsy's record of vaccinations... aka the other yellow book. Most recent vaccines come with a bar-coded sticker that they insert in the shot book rather than written long-hand as in the olden days. That would be a bit more secure if the millions of Covid vaccine shots administered so far have been entered in a global database that all government health authorities can access. Somehow I doubt it.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » March 10, 2021, 5:52 pm

tamada wrote:
March 10, 2021, 5:45 pm
^ Ah yes, the international gypsy's record of vaccinations... aka the other yellow book. Most recent vaccines come with a bar-coded sticker that they insert in the shot book rather than written long-hand as in the olden days. That would be a bit more secure if the millions of Covid vaccine shots administered so far have been entered in a global database that all government health authorities can access. Somehow I doubt it.
I still have the original white version and somewhere in the house the newer yellow edition but kept the white book more up to date

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 10, 2021, 6:04 pm

^ Got my first one at the British Airways medical center at Gatwick in 1977 (white pages, yellow color). Came up missing around 1992 when I suddenly needed new shots for Africa so I was issued a new all-time, fold-out one at Texas medical center in Houston. Found the old one so carried both until needing some re-vaccinations and boosters in Aberdeen about 2008. They insisted I use their bright orange book so now I have a stack of three that most health authorities don't even check any more.

Maybe the Covid shot will go in the "Other vaccinations" at the back of the book(s).

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Hotel Quarantine

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 10, 2021, 6:51 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 10, 2021, 4:24 pm
Feel free Bandung to jump in and reply to my answers for your questions/statements. Would love to hear your point of view.
Simple logic, why jerk around with the 3 month limit? Just ignore the fact we filthy Farang (his words) have been inoculated at least maintain the current restrictions as they stand!!!!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 10, 2021, 8:21 pm

One of the more difficult things about living in Thailand is dealing with proposals and decrees. A government official declares 'tourism is going to return next month/quarter/year, insurance is going to be mandatory for all tourists, Songkran will be normal again.........only to find out that what a goverment official says isn't what happens.
I've yet to see any official decree to changes in quarantine procedures........maybe I'm missing something.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » March 11, 2021, 1:06 am

This is a weekly occurence Parrot. If its not tourism ministers its TAT chiefs no 1 has a real evidence just guess work to make them look good.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 16, 2021, 1:46 pm

My partner has just returned to Thailand for the 2nd time using Thai Air and taking advantage of the free state quarantine (which is likely to be discontinued shortly). First time she was in a 4 star hotel in Jomtien but, this time she hasn't been so lucky and is in the ironically named Bangkok Palace Hotel.

TA reviews talk of cockroaches, poor wi-fi, noisy rooms etc. Pictures of her breakfast and lunch today are below. Previous days have been similar. No fresh fruit or veg are provided. If she wants fruit, it is charged at THB80. The only drink provided is bottled water with coffee charged for at THB20.

We had booked a return flight for her with Etihad and, I gave her the choice of using that and paying for ASQ or booking a Thai air flight (£560 one way) and taking the free quarantine. Maybe regretting her choice now.

For info, the Thai Air flight still had no entertainment or alcohol.

IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 16, 2021, 1:59 pm

My brother is in the middle of trying to get back here inc quarantine i will pass this on to him .. his home is in the North near Chang Mai so assume he will do his 14 days in BKK... thanks for the info

Cheeky blighters ..no fruit or coffee included .. nice runny egg and green curry tho =D>

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 16, 2021, 2:17 pm

DM, for further info, the Thai Air flights have been quiet the last few months but, since the announcement about potentially ending free quarantine, numbers have been going up. My g/fs flight was c75% full.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 18, 2021, 8:23 pm

I'm told that it's been formally announced that the "free" quarantine for Thais is ending 1/7/21.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 19, 2021, 7:29 am

Singapore recently increased the time most international travellers must spend in mandatory quarantine from 14 to 21 days, over concerns people can shed the virus beyond two weeks.
The country now has one of the world's strictest quarantine arrangements, alongside Hong Kong.

Is this something that will happen in Thailand soon rather than opening up

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 19, 2021, 7:40 am

China also Have a freind who just spent 3 weeks in his room

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”