covid cases udon

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: covid cases udon

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2021, 8:12 am

AlexO wrote:
April 12, 2021, 8:30 pm
Wife has just told me a family who live close to her mothers place here in Nong Lat have been taken away in a Hazmat ambulance about an hour ago. Cannot confirm but all the parties/music have stopped in the last 30 minutes. Village is full of people returning from down south so this might just be the start of it. Bugger.
Daos hospital registrar buddy commented on a family of 5 infected in Amphur Phen via returnees from Bkk and their village locked off .. not sure if thats your area Alex0..

Certainly looks like this is really gonna blow up nationwide due to a combination of allowing thousands to travel for the SK break in an attempt to boost the economy and non compliance of advised regulations on gatherings etc etc ... this will really back fire and any chances of re opening for tourism and an economic revival seem scuppered as a full lock down and curfew looks a certainty ...

After the government doing so well over the previous months its very sad it has come to this what can only be described as critical situation all on the back of a few Bkk locations (notably the Krystal club) non compliance of covid rules followed by the exodus for SK with covid probably hitching a ride to ever corner of the nation.

Sad and worrying times.. fridge is stocked n DM is gonna cabin up and see how things unfold.

KEEP SAFE ALL ..

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 13, 2021, 8:41 am

Rick....."Our local Pooyaiban this morning said there were 52 cases, where he gets his information from i do not know, but usually similar to the 'official' total 12 hours later."

The chart breaks down the 52 Udon (Provincial) cases
Attachments
171435688_1901972599942207_6910417073440609329_n.png
171143832_1901972639942203_6942455698737923547_n.png

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » April 13, 2021, 8:46 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:12 am
Certainly looks like this is really gonna blow up nationwide due to a combination of allowing thousands to travel for the SK break in an attempt to boost the economy and non compliance of advised regulations on gatherings etc etc ... this will really back fire and any chances of re opening for tourism and an economic revival seem scuppered as a full lock down and curfew looks a certainty …
for sure the whole nation will be flooded with this covid mutant.
the mass exodus from bkk should have been forbidden this year and songkran should have been cancelled same as last year.
anyway - nobody could say they haven't been warned.
it was already clear since january 2021 that this mutant is extremely contagious.
so here we are - scared and shocked.
stay home for god's sake.
and put your wife/gf under immediate lockdown.
stay away from family and relatives.
you never know where they are coming from.
this is not the time for discussions …. ACT!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 13, 2021, 9:40 am

The village speakers have been working overtime this morning. Wife tells me there is a medical team coming today to test those that live close by or have been in contact recently (its a local family) There is also supposed to be a team coming in to disinfect soi's and houses. I am no medical expert but all I have read is that 99.9 % of transmissions are airborne via water vapour exhaled from people. Pretty swift reactions so well done. The Junta are going to have an awful lot of questions to answer in about 2/3 weeks.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 13, 2021, 10:03 am

Sorry postedthese 2 posts on the off topic miscellaneous covid thread .there are way to many covid threads.I repost them on here perhaps more people with info and brains who not make a joke of it
1 .I have no idea where the info on this topic comes from . Surely u all live in udon ?I now know of 8 people in my village and the next village that have tested pos .
Multiply this by all the villages and you would be talking thousands not 33 .
Last night house next to me had about 20 family members come home for songran .This morning i found out one of the boys who comes to play with my son his uncle tested pos yesterday .Now i am worried .There is no info anywhere how to get the vaccine .The government workers are all getting it but me being 65 how do i get the shot ?

2.It has now exploded as i predicted . I knew when the figures where so falsely kept low that at some stage would get to explode rapidly .At one stage UK 50,000 deaths Thailand 34 with same population but uk better health care and more restrictions and sense .
This morning headman reported over the speaker another 4 cases in the village . That means in 3 days i know of 1 whole family of 5 in next village + , yesterday 2 in my village + one of them worked in the atipong skylab shop near home hub and now another 4 .
Thats 11 known cases in 2 small villages, The guy from atipong shop, his nephew who lives with him has been playing with my boy in my house along with another friend home from chon buri all week so i am worried .I also find my covid insurance has expired , been a year already and if i do a new one will have 14 days waiting period.
On lock down again but i fear i may be to late
just re-did covid insyrance but now have to wait 14 days again

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 11:12 am

samuel wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:46 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
Certainly looks like this is really gonna blow up nationwide due to a combination of allowing thousands to travel for the SK break in an attempt to boost the economy and non compliance of advised regulations on gatherings etc etc ... this will really back fire and any chances of re opening for tourism and an economic revival seem scuppered as a full lock down and curfew looks a certainty …
the mass exodus from bkk should have been forbidden this year and songkran should have been cancelled same as last year.
it was already clear since january 2021 that this mutant is extremely contagious.
TBH has there really been such a huge exodus from Bangkok to Isaan this year? I have only seen one news clip that showed slightly heavier, flowing traffic somewhere on the Mitrapharp around Korat. Certainly nothing like the gridlock that consumes the nation all the way to KK, either side of the actual holiday.

Another gauge I use is the volume of traffic on the eastern ring road either side of the annual Songkran migration. It builds over the weekend immediately preceding the official holiday dates, returns to normal and repeats at the end (heading t'other way). I was dreading the impact now that it's single-lane each-way from Nittayo to the Shell station north of the Nongbua lights. In reality, it's been so quiet, I reckon a huge proportion of 'southerners' have postponed this Songkran without being told to officially.

Notwithstanding, this highly infectious Kent mutation may have already evidenced itself by popping up in our own back yard as well as in a few others. It must be worrying for the likes of AlexO and dragonz in their smaller communities when they see the medical 'SWAT' teams move in. On the up-side, I think it's obvious from the local responses being reported that a very pro-active track and trace system has quickly caught infected visitors. Whether it's fast enough to keep ahead of the new mutation may be questionable though.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 13, 2021, 12:02 pm

tamada wrote:
April 13, 2021, 11:12 am
samuel wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
TBH has there really been such a huge exodus from Bangkok to Isaan this year? I have only seen one news clip that showed slightly heavier, flowing traffic somewhere on the Mitrapharp around Korat. Certainly nothing like the gridlock that consumes the nation all the way to KK, either side of the actual holiday.

Another gauge I use is the volume of traffic on the eastern ring road either side of the annual Songkran migration. It builds over the weekend immediately preceding the official holiday dates, returns to normal and repeats at the end (heading t'other way). I was dreading the impact now that it's single-lane each-way from Nittayo to the Shell station north of the Nongbua lights. In reality, it's been so quiet, I reckon a huge proportion of 'southerners' have postponed this Songkran without being told to officially.

Notwithstanding, this highly infectious Kent mutation may have already evidenced itself by popping up in our own back yard as well as in a few others. It must be worrying for the likes of AlexO and dragonz in their smaller communities when they see the medical 'SWAT' teams move in. On the up-side, I think it's obvious from the local responses being reported that a very pro-active track and trace system has quickly caught infected visitors. Whether it's fast enough to keep ahead of the new mutation may be questionable though.
Do you really believe what you are spouting or are u just trolling ? The guy who lives near me and who tested pos is ill in hospital . Hi sister has been to my house with her nephew everyday for a week ! 3 other kids have been playing with my boys all home for songran . What proactive track and trace ? I have seen nobody tracked or traced in my village despite 6 infections .
Next house to me 30 metres away about 40 people over the weekend all on holiday from bkk chon buri . Village is packed with people . drove to udon yesterday on nong kahi road . wanted gasoline but never stopped as to many queues . road was packed with traffic .
I think i live in a parrallel udon to members on here . Unbelievable

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 13, 2021, 12:34 pm

Kent,South American,African let’s not get carried away with the propaganda,it is the Chinese virus.developed in a lab to make a “gain of function” bio virus bomb which they done a good job of spreading around the world.next thing is the Chinese will be saying it came from Kent...oh wait a minute they’ve done that one already.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » April 13, 2021, 1:08 pm

Might be helpful if people reporting cases could be more specific about the locations.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 13, 2021, 1:54 pm

According to The Thaiger news this morning there running a story Involving China to combine other vaccines to improve there own efficay. The chinese Sinovac jab currently being rolled out in Thailand has been found to be just 50% effective in trials involving the Brazillian variant. Chinese officials defended there country's vaccine while sasting doubt about other countr's vaccines. Astra Zenaka 95+% phizer, Moderna all high 90% effiacy are they realy that stupid to believe we believe what they say. Anyway im sure the Thai population will be happy knowing there goverment are happy to use a vaccine with 50% effiacacy.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 13, 2021, 2:20 pm

Getting my Covid Vaccine today, maybe because I'm a teacher I am getting it early! Some say age and vulnerability others say critical and essential worker who knows but glad to be getting it with the rising cases in Udon and me due back in a few short weeks

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » April 13, 2021, 2:55 pm

Iv'e just been chatting to a friend of mine who has recently driven from BKK back to Udon. He said the villages he passed through are all choccah with locals drinking and celebrating Songkran with most showing BKK plates. No masks or social distancing. Its little wonder infections will rise due to the super spreaders from bkk coming home to Roost for Songkran. The one thing that will come out of this is its a home grown problem, its been caused by the Thais and the Expat or Tourists cannot be blamed for the rise.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 13, 2021, 3:04 pm

parrot wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:41 am
Rick....."Our local Pooyaiban this morning said there were 52 cases, where he gets his information from i do not know, but usually similar to the 'official' total 12 hours later."

The chart breaks down the 52 Udon (Provincial) cases
The Chart is on Udonthani Update facebook.
The latest figures published 1430 hrs shows 16 more confirmed cases with 188 people tested as high risk.
Maybe the map will be updated later.

https://www.facebook.com/udonthaniupdate/

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 13, 2021, 3:08 pm

ladda3904
if you want more info GOGGLE has lots of it

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 13, 2021, 3:36 pm

dunroaming wrote:
April 13, 2021, 2:20 pm
Getting my Covid Vaccine today, maybe because I'm a teacher I am getting it early! Some say age and vulnerability others say critical and essential worker who knows but glad to be getting it with the rising cases in Udon and me due back in a few short weeks
Living in a small cramped room might have helped get you on the list
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 3:45 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 13, 2021, 12:02 pm
tamada wrote:
samuel wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Do you really believe what you are spouting or are u just trolling ? The guy who lives near me and who tested pos is ill in hospital . Hi sister has been to my house with her nephew everyday for a week ! 3 other kids have been playing with my boys all home for songran . What proactive track and trace ? I have seen nobody tracked or traced in my village despite 6 infections .
Next house to me 30 metres away about 40 people over the weekend all on holiday from bkk chon buri . Village is packed with people . drove to udon yesterday on nong kahi road . wanted gasoline but never stopped as to many queues . road was packed with traffic .
I'm not trolling and I'm also not saying that your village or moobahn hasn't suffered disproportionately from infected visitors. However, your experience is certainly not being repeated in my moobahn. So far one other member has mentioned an "intervention" by local health authorities.

What's unbelievable though is your enduring run of bad luck in everything.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 4:00 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
April 13, 2021, 12:34 pm
Kent,South American,African let’s not get carried away with the propaganda,it is the Chinese virus.developed in a lab to make a “gain of function” bio virus bomb which they done a good job of spreading around the world.next thing is the Chinese will be saying it came from Kent...oh wait a minute they’ve done that one already.
Point of order. The long-term Wu-flu conspiracy thread is over there --->

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 13, 2021, 4:24 pm

tamada wrote:
April 13, 2021, 3:45 pm
dragonz wrote:
April 13, 2021, 12:02 pm
tamada wrote:
samuel wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:

I'm not trolling and I'm also not saying that your village or moobahn hasn't suffered disproportionately from infected visitors. However, your experience is certainly not being repeated in my moobahn. So far one other member has mentioned an "intervention" by local health authorities.

What's unbelievable though is your enduring run of bad luck in everything.
I believe you Dragon.
I live near Na Kha and lots of people visiting from Bangkok & Pattaya.
They even started to hold a concert with a mobile wagon loaded with speakers & dancers this afternoon until the boss of the village stopped them along with the police,
UNBELIEVABLE.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 13, 2021, 4:26 pm

The jungle drums in our village has been claiming every person who gets sick, visits a doctor or goes to hospital or arrived from another province has Covid for the last 12 months.
When I could be bothered to ask around for facts I find no one has or has had Covid to date, lucky us?

Incidentally, when we arrived from the UK in March 20 the same jungle drums spread throughout our village & a number of neighbouring ones that we’d brought Covid with us. Everyone believed it so much that some alleged health professional was summoned to test us which got as far as a phone call to my wife “have you got Covid?”, “no”, “can I test you?”, “sure”, “oh that’s okay then, carry on” (bit of creative translating there readers)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 13, 2021, 4:29 pm

FWIW our village is quiet with no celebrations of note. Mrs N says the Pui Yai has been saying over the speakers morning & evening that Songkran is effectively cancelled here

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”