covid cases udon

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: covid cases udon

Post by Giggle » April 13, 2021, 4:47 pm

We drove to the temple where my wife's parents are "buried." Wife and kid got out and splashed some nam hom on the Buddahs while I supervised from the safety of my truck. They wore simple face diapers while I was kitted-out in full MOPP 4 gear and a complete body slathering of Tesco hand sanitizer. Can never be too safe, I always say.

There were no revelers on the route to the temple or back home. One small child was seen splashing in an ankle-deep wading pool inside his gated yard. I considered taking him out, but instead informed HHQ PYB for future DA.

I shall reconnoiter the path again at twilight using NVGs and FLIR-enabled drone to assess the risk levels, and file a SITREP detailing my findings. Have CSAR assets on standby.

Rambo out.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 13, 2021, 5:16 pm

Reconned our neighborhood after being away for 13 months. Not a single sign of water splashing, no pickups roaming with water barrels in the back, no powdered cheeks.......it'd be like having Christmas without all the lights and ubiquitous jingle bells. We saw a few small family gatherings, but none of the standard village partying during this major holiday. The jungle market just before crossing the hills into Nongbualamphu was packed, but everyone was masked up.
Having gone through a year of everyone vs. Dr Fauci in the US, I'm going with the Ministry of Public Health until someone can show more reliable numbers. He said, she said just doesn't cut it.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 13, 2021, 5:51 pm

parrot wrote:
April 13, 2021, 5:16 pm
The jungle market just before crossing the hills into Nongbualamphu was packed, but everyone was masked up.

Did you notice they’ve actually cordoned off the front as well leaving only two (maybe three) official entries & exits where there are hand washing sinks & alcohol gel?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » April 13, 2021, 5:58 pm

what do you guys think about this one here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtupuVTEc0M

assuming the video is from this year i would say "0% responsible behaviour"
- no masks
- no social distancing
- plenty of alcohol

shitstorm guaranteed.
i have no more questions left.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 6:14 pm

samuel wrote:
April 13, 2021, 5:58 pm
what do you guys think about this one here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtupuVTEc0M

assuming the video is from this year i would say "0% responsible behaviour"
- no masks
- no social distancing
- plenty of alcohol

shitstorm guaranteed.
i have no more questions left.
As you say, assuming the date is correct. Plenty people take everything they see on YouTube as verbatim.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » April 13, 2021, 8:38 pm

The information I have received indicates there are now 68 cases here to include a 2 y/o in Ban Phue.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 13, 2021, 9:43 pm

There seems to be a lot of irresponsibility shown by some Amphurs and Tambons here. I can run a parallel with Tam, our OrBorTor told all residence to tell relatives from the South they WILL be quarantined, DON'T come. And they haven't.
The Tambon has 17 moobans, ours has a population of 1900. No reported cases - fingers crossed!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2021, 5:53 am

We had our family-only Songkran BBQ and party in the front yard last night. A closed-gate affair, with a case of iced Leo and only one bottle of Saeng Som. It wrapped up before 11 p.m. with (mercifully) no effort to fire up the karaoke machine.

Happy Songkran and stay safe everyone.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2021, 6:14 am

vlad wrote:
April 13, 2021, 2:55 pm
Iv'e just been chatting to a friend of mine who has recently driven from BKK back to Udon. He said the villages he passed through are all choccah with locals drinking and celebrating Songkran with most showing BKK plates. No masks or social distancing. Its little wonder infections will rise due to the super spreaders from bkk coming home to Roost for Songkran. The one thing that will come out of this is its a home grown problem, its been caused by the Thais and the Expat or Tourists cannot be blamed for the rise.
When one does the ritual Songkran drive from Bangkok to Isaan, one uses Highway 2, the Mitrapharb Highway. This dual-carriageway does not "pass through" any villages.

There's a long-held belief in Thailand that a car with Bangkok registration will retain a higher resale value. Hence, upwards of 30% of local car purchasers choosing to get the local dealership to register their Isaan-bought vehicle in Bangkok.

Pull the other one vlad, it's got bells on.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 14, 2021, 7:10 am

I must concur Tam, most villages in which I have friends residing have CANCELLED Songkran, allowing only in house festivities, it seems the locals have more intelligence than the So-called Government , strictly ensuring family members obey strict measures if they arrive from areas surrounding and including Bangkok.
Noticed that with the lack of cars weaving around and lack of noisey music and large gatherings, yesterday in fact you could be the only one shopping in some stores .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2021, 7:58 am

I cannot ever recall a SK like this .. so quiet both on the roads and generally no music n daftness .. with no parties etc the supermarkets dont have any customers stocking up with booze n food ..its an eerily strange atmos from what im seeing first hand... even in the rural Buriram village all festivities cancelled by the new younger more active n progressive Pooey who recently took over.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 14, 2021, 8:16 am

fdimike wrote:
April 13, 2021, 8:38 pm
The information I have received indicates there are now 68 cases here to include a 2 y/o in Ban Phue.
Same as the updated map showing where the cases are in Udon.
The figures are from yesterday on Udonthani Update.

https://www.facebook.com/udonthaniupdat ... 400070266/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2021, 8:32 am

Can any member confirm information as to at what point does a province become a RED zone ... is there a set number of case numbers ?? how is this provincial colour coding decided

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2021, 8:36 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 14, 2021, 8:32 am
Can any member confirm information as to at what point does a province become a RED zone ... is there a set number of case numbers ?? how is this provincial colour coding decided

DM
Don't quote me on this but I understand that they talk to a fortune teller who's cousin is an abbot at one of the more popular "magic rubbing tree" temples somewhere up-country.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 14, 2021, 8:50 am

pal52 wrote:
April 14, 2021, 8:16 am
Same as the updated map showing where the cases are in Udon.
The figures are from yesterday on Udonthani Update.

https://www.facebook.com/udonthaniupdat ... 400070266/
Thanks for sharing.
I have attached a map which helps with district name translation
Attachments
Map Translation.jpg
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 14, 2021, 9:33 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 14, 2021, 8:32 am

DM
A province becomes a red zone if it has had cases in the last 1 or 2 days.
It becomes orange with cases in the last 3-6 days.
Yellow with cases in the last 7-14 days.
Green 15-28 days.
Grey with no cases in the last 28 days
Finally White with no cases at all.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2021, 9:43 am

ok cheers Mike

So Udon is a red zone ????

I need to make a trip to Buriram 20 / 21 April and wondering the likely hood of it being possible

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2021, 10:57 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 14, 2021, 9:43 am
ok cheers Mike

So Udon is a red zone ????

I need to make a trip to Buriram 20 / 21 April and wondering the likely hood of it being possible

DM
I would suggest the same rigmarole as the last time DM, check with the puyai bahn and orbortors at both ends of your trip. How long you are planning on staying before returning may be more important.

From the stated criteria, both Udon Thani and Buriram should be currently 'red'.

YMMV
TiT

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 14, 2021, 1:00 pm

My view is that there is a degree of complacency creeping back into society and our daily lives.

Those that have had the Covid 19, probably now believe that they cannot catch it again and that they themselves are now safe. Plus those who may have already caught it and not felt sick, say, “What the heck”

I also suspect that the younger generation now understand or believe, that they will only be mildly affected by Covid 19, hence they see it as a minimal risk, which leads to a large section of the population ignoring todays health warnings and precautionary measures. I suspect that many now think, todays warning and restrictions are now “Over the Top”

Combine this with
1. The fact that many are also growing tired of the restrictions and inconvenience to their businesses and livelihood, hence are itching to get back to earning a normal income.
2. Media constantly talking about reaching “Herd Immunity” as though it is the Holy Grail or Saving Grace
3. Some of those already vaccinated probably consider themselves to now be "Bullet Proof", and so return to normal life, like the Village Expat Neanderthal in another post (Sawadee Pee Mai 360).

All of the above, leads to some (and I say some) becoming rather blasé about worrying about catching Covid 19, if the future, except fort the vulnerable and aged. I doubt it work overly worry too many of the younger generation, if all us “Old Farts/Baby Boomer” simply disappeared. People to a large extent are Selfish by nature and look after themselves, not after others.

This is not unique to Thailand and it see it every day, with people now lowering their masks or simply not wearing them at all. plus increasing in numbers gathering and going to bars/cafes etc. Even though social distancing is still being advocated, few are actually complying with it, when you get 4 people to a table seated one meter apart.

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on April 14, 2021, 2:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 14, 2021, 1:38 pm

17 more cases in Udon today bringing the total to 85.
Map will probably updated later to show where they are.

https://www.facebook.com/udonthaniupdat ... 3203220419

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”