Proof of Covid vaccination

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 5, 2021, 5:47 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 5, 2021, 2:57 pm
I'm sure DM will be available from 6 Feb to nip in and get your stuff for you ............ might cost you a few extra changs, though :lol:
No problem .. just give me a days notice your atm.plus pin number n i will do yer Tops shopping Tam ..oh and a list of your dietry requirements...

DM .. here to.assist Udons elderly n infirm expats with there shopping needs

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 5, 2021, 9:28 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 5, 2021, 5:47 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
December 5, 2021, 2:57 pm
I'm sure DM will be available from 6 Feb to nip in and get your stuff for you ............ might cost you a few extra changs, though :lol:
No problem .. just give me a days notice your atm.plus pin number n i will do yer Tops shopping Tam ..oh and a list of your dietry requirements...

DM .. here to.assist Udons elderly n infirm expats with there shopping needs
Thanks DM, you're a gent.

Let me know when you need to borrow one of my -ve RTK test results again.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » December 8, 2021, 10:22 am

i,ve not been following this thread , but just been asked by a guy i know who,s coming over for xmas , where does he go in udon for his " rt-pcr " test for his return flight , any help please .
sorry and about how much it costs ...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2021, 11:32 am

timmy wrote:
December 8, 2021, 10:22 am
i,ve not been following this thread , but just been asked by a guy i know who,s coming over for xmas , where does he go in udon for his " rt-pcr " test for his return flight , any help please .
sorry and about how much it costs ...
Bangkok Hospital did mine last May but I can't see any links on their website any more.

A more recent post elsewhere in this forum indicates that AEK Udon will do it for 4000 baht.

However, it's important to note that with the UK's recent reduction in lead time for the PCR test from 72-hours to 48-hours before travel, I will be heading to Bangkok a day earlier and getting mine done at the following.

https://www.medconsultasia.com/
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 8, 2021, 11:41 pm

Yes, the reduction to 48 hours is an issue. When i went to UK in July, the only flight i could get out of Udon was over 34 hours before my flight from Bangkok. Add on 24 hours (or more) for a result, and you have a problem. PCR testing can be done much faster - My son had to do an arrival PCR test in Africa and the result was under 2 hours. I think the UK is accepting lateral flow tests as well, so that might help speed it up. Bangkok hospital are still doing PCR tests, i was in there this morning and a couple of people having their nostrils swabbed as i walked past. So i assume you can still get a fit to fly certificate.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 15, 2021, 10:59 am

The jungle drums certainly work well in the village we are in, Dauk Kham Tai near Chang Mai, visiting our friends from Singapore. We only arrived last night.
The village Covid testing lady has arrived promptly and taken temp, photos of Covid vaccine proof and photos of us individually with her. Filled out and signed the official form for the 3 of us.
All good and smiles all round.
Strangely no body turned up in my village in Udon on my return to Thailand last Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 15, 2021, 11:11 pm

Last year in April, when Covid was new and they cancelled Songkran, the Nongbua jungle drums were busting all the locals that sneaked home from Bangkok after they announced the "national lockdown". The honesty system (or dobbing in your neighbor) seemed to work well.

When I returned to Udon last month after 6 months overseas, Mrs tam had already told her friend at the orbortor about my imminent arrival from test-and-go and her friend had asked for copies of my passport and Thailand Pass QR code. Good job she did as that very evening, a Covid case was confirmed in the next soi. The mobile testing team descended the following morning to test the moobahn but this resident farang was given a bye.

I would think the more remote areas that see few visitors and no fly-ins will still be relying on last years jungle drum system to keep all this in check?

BTW, was that 'official form' labeled T8? That was the one that was part of the CoE application but dropped when they introduced the Thailand Pass as it was considered superfluous duplication. However, with domestic travel and hand-balling stuff onto databases daily from Bahn Nawk, I can see how it still serves its purpose.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » December 17, 2021, 11:37 am

This is just a 'Heads Up' for anyone planning to fly in the near future. Travelled with Viet Jet to Bangkok on the 14th, no mention of any proof of Covid Test or Vaccination Certification. Travelled with Thai Smile yesterday Bangkok to Udon, check in desks demanded proof of recent test or double vaccination (seems to be airline policy as check ins were for various locations in Thailand) Arrived Udon and again you have to show proof of recent negative test or double vaccination before you are allowed to leave the terminal. So just make sure you are carrying the necessary paperwork if flying somewhere gents.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 17, 2021, 5:17 pm

No wasn’t a T8.
Handed that in at the swampy airport on arrival a week ago with all my other Thai pass papers.
All 3 of us , 2 adults 1 adolescent, on separate forms. All in Thai language.
Found out on leaving our presence was reported to authorities by the owners as they had for the 3 Thais from Singapore the weeks before. Nothing sinister.

Just remembered I have to perform the official self Covid test with the kit provided at the airport hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » March 9, 2022, 12:27 pm

parrot wrote:
November 6, 2021, 1:34 pm
kopkei wrote:
November 6, 2021, 1:24 pm
this form of discrimination starting in Thailand also ? ...
254096277_10221071701567636_182826938282402737_n.jpg
so do tell to mama , for me it will be no service not now or ever , even when covid has disappeared ... [-X
If you think that's discrimination, you're in for a hard time: Kham Chanot, the big blue temple out Ban Peua way, lots of places requiring proof of vaccination, I suspect most schools. No shoes, no shirt, no service. Ask Aaron Rodgers
GAME ON: Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers ‘to sign 4-year $200m contract extension’ making him highest-paid player in NFL history. Seems the cancel queens are gagging on it.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/4848638/a ... extension/
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”