Proof of Covid vaccination

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by Fuzzy Ken » May 1, 2021, 11:10 am

No shortage of discussion about proof of vaccination and I wonder whether anyone has experienced businesses in Thailand, such as shops, bars, restaurants & public transport, restricting entry to those that can prove that they have been fully vaccinated.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Proof of Covid vaccination

Post by tamada » May 1, 2021, 11:26 am

I haven't read much of anyone being asked for proof of vaccination anywhere on the planet yet, let alone cozy wee Udon Thani. I think the temperature testing is as rigorous as it gets here outside of the localised vaccination efforts when a cluster is identified. Not saying that it's possible some may use it to deny access to certain places though.

I recall back in the fun days when those Japanese-only clubs around Silom-Suriwongse in Bangkok were fun to mess around with before heading down the Patpong fleshpots... or up them as the case may be.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » May 1, 2021, 11:34 am

Got this a few weeks ago..

James, on 6 April 2021, Qatar Airways continued to lead the recovery of international travel by operating the world’s first fully COVID-19 vaccinated flight, carrying only vaccinated crew and passengers onboard.

Qatar Airways and Hamad International Airport have lead the industry during the pandemic, being the first global airline and first and only airport in the Middle East and Asia to achieve Skytrax 5-Star COVID-19 Safety Ratings.

The airline and airport have also maintained global flight services to support repatriation when others stopped and have steadily rebuilt the airline’s international network to the largest in the world with over 1,200 weekly flights to more than 140 destinations.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 1, 2021, 11:37 am

How many of the Thai population have currently been vaccinated.... around 1% ???
Business is bad enough without denying entry to the other 99%
Maybe a year from now it will be different....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 1, 2021, 12:19 pm

I haven't heard of any country requiring proof of vaccination for things like eating/shopping. I have heard that cruise lines are going to require it once they get back onboard. The idea of a vaccination 'passport' is more complicated than meets the eye. At this point, I don't think anyone can even say how long a vaccine is effective.....and I'd guess each vaccine has it's own timeline.
Having spent 13 months in the US.....3 months in the early stages of vaccine rollout.....and now back in Thailand where rollout is in the very early stages: Our daughter reports that as of late March, she could feel things ease up.....offices opening, restaurants back to 100% capacity, friends starting to make travel/vacation plans......and that was when about 20% of the population was vaccinated. Now it's about 30%. Thailand is in hunker down mode and the light at the end of the tunnel (vaccine rollout to the general population) seems to be a few more months away....at least. Bangkok +5 other provinces now shutting down dining-in.
Handwashing, lockdowns, masks.....all good......but nothing works longterm like the vaccine.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 1, 2021, 12:23 pm

Has anyone heard how long until people need to get a Booster 6 months 12 months 2 years???

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 1, 2021, 1:35 pm

I was vacinated at work been told booster required 6 months after 2nd injection

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 1, 2021, 1:39 pm

Efficacy and effectiveness of vaccines varies wildly.

https://scroll.in/article/992689/explai ... it-matters

About 100 local Ampur workers from Nong Khai province were all offered free vaccines recently. Four (4) accepted the vaccination. My brother-in-law was included in that group.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2021, 1:45 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 1, 2021, 12:23 pm
Has anyone heard how long until people need to get a Booster 6 months 12 months 2 years???
I think the jury is still out on that since each vaccine has a different efficacy and the manufacturers original shot schedule was extended so that supply could meet demand. I recall reading an article that possibly mentioned 8 months for the booster but that was unclear if that was 8 months from last (second) shot or the first shot. I believe it also came from a manufacturer so it was criticized by a few commentators as probably being driven by profit more than science? Earlier talk of needing an annual booster quickly disappeared as that was probably more speculation than science as the virologists and scientists refused to bite.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2021, 1:51 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 1, 2021, 1:35 pm
There you go. That's in Kazakhstan so may be a government's health ministry's directive? If the shots were were provided by your employer, I wonder whose guidelines they are following?

There's also the question about the current batch of vaccines offering protection against the new variants, especially this 'double-variant' which is alleged to be causing so much grief in India. I recall reading that evidence suggests the current vaccines are effective against the South African, Brazil and Kent variants. Whether they are as effective as they are against the original strains wasn't made clear.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 1, 2021, 1:54 pm

So the short anwer is "No"
Thanks

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 1, 2021, 1:56 pm

No mate it's Chevrons directive they follow stricter guidelines than the government

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2021, 3:42 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 1, 2021, 1:56 pm
No mate it's Chevrons directive they follow stricter guidelines than the government
Same as Aramco and ADNOC. They're vaccinating all staff, consultants and subbies.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 1, 2021, 3:45 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 1, 2021, 1:54 pm
So the short anwer is "No"
Thanks
For now yes. But feel free to start a new thread dedicated to your query about boosters as this one is about proof of vaccination and boosters will become relevant eventually.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 1, 2021, 4:23 pm

I will do my questioning where I please for now

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 1, 2021, 5:54 pm

dunroaming wrote:
Same here.

Told, I would be notified via our Government App, when I needed to come back for the Booster. Government organized and run Vaccination programme.

Those vaccinated to date (here), automatically have their Vaccination Status & Details, recorded in the Government App System, along with our Phone Number, Residence ID Number, Passport Number, Car Registration number, Blood type, DNA details, Bank Accounts, Home Residence location/address, physical Whereabouts / Location accurate to two meters at any time, which Hotels they may have visited (Time in and Time out), Employer contact details and whole range of other useful information (to someone or some entity/department), such as Shoe size, eating habits, what toiletries they or I buy and the list goes no? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ If I "Fart", I am sure someone is listening. :-$ :-$

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 1, 2021, 9:52 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 1, 2021, 5:54 pm
dunroaming wrote:
Same here.

Told, I would be notified via our Government App, when I needed to come back for the Booster. Government organized and run Vaccination programme.

Those vaccinated to date (here), automatically have their Vaccination Status & Details, recorded in the Government App System, along with our Phone Number, Residence ID Number, Passport Number, Car Registration number, Blood type, DNA details, Bank Accounts, Home Residence location/address, physical Whereabouts / Location accurate to two meters at any time, which Hotels they may have visited (Time in and Time out), Employer contact details and whole range of other useful information (to someone or some entity/department), such as Shoe size, eating habits, what toiletries they or I buy and the list goes no? \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ If I "Fart", I am sure someone is listening. :-$ :-$

pipoz4444
Wow we just needed a copy of our passports and badge ID

Sam1925
udonmap.com

Post by Sam1925 » June 12, 2021, 8:36 pm

The wife and I came back to the states the visit family before COVID 19 hit and we have been stuck here ever since. No problem. We both have had both shots for free thanks to Walmart (good old Walmart). I just had to show them my VA card and the wife had to show them her CHAMP VA card and that was it.
So, we decided to wait it out until Thailand open the country up completely before we come back. We have her family watching our home in the South so no worries there.
Have taken the wife around the states and shown her just about all of the national parks to include the ones that recently have opened and she is having a complete ball. She is like a kid in a candy store.
The funny thing about it is she has not once asked to go to a Thai restaurant. Amazing America. Now she says she wants to live here. But, after showing her the cost of living she changed her mind very quickly. To include the prices in hotels and restaurants. A complete sticker shock for her.
Our lease is up on our small one bedroom apt in March and hopefully Thailand will be reopened and then we can come home. 8) :D

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 12, 2021, 10:00 pm

Sam1925 wrote:
June 12, 2021, 8:36 pm
The wife and I came back to the states the visit family before COVID 19 hit and we have been stuck here ever since. No problem. We both have had both shots for free thanks to Walmart (good old Walmart). I just had to show them my VA card and the wife had to show them her CHAMP VA card and that was it.
So, we decided to wait it out until Thailand open the country up completely before we come back. We have her family watching our home in the South so no worries there.
Have taken the wife around the states and shown her just about all of the national parks to include the ones that recently have opened and she is having a complete ball. She is like a kid in a candy store.
The funny thing about it is she has not once asked to go to a Thai restaurant. Amazing America. Now she says she wants to live here. But, after showing her the cost of living she changed her mind very quickly. To include the prices in hotels and restaurants. A complete sticker shock for her.
Our lease is up on our small one bedroom apt in March and hopefully Thailand will be reopened and then we can come home. 8) :D

When was this renewal of marriage visa where you were being asked for under the counter payments then?

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... 57#p615057
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Sam1925
udonmap.com

Post by Sam1925 » October 25, 2021, 7:37 pm

Sorry for the late response. It's been so long ago, I really don't remember. Sorry.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”