Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: RT-PCR Testing In Udorn?

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 14, 2021, 8:43 pm

tamada wrote:
May 14, 2021, 8:15 pm
Screenshot_20210514-201305.jpg
That must be on a skateborad Tam ..

50 to 55 mins early morning good roads no hold ups.

Change of plan at last minute ..doc siad be a big shame to have such a splendid sausage in a pickling jar on mankle piece so instead of gender reasignment had mi gall blaader out in stead .. looking at what was inside ir pleased i did.

As info ..90 % of ppl have gall stones which fir many remain asymtomatic until the latter years

Dm

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 14, 2021, 8:44 pm

Btw PCR covid testing is done on a walkin basis at TCPH

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 15, 2021, 5:51 am

Glad everything went well DM.
Take it easy for the next couple of weeks.
Good to see you got the operation in early pre season like all top sportsmen. :D
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 15, 2021, 8:22 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 13, 2021, 7:22 pm
We had PCR covid tests today at TCPH ..

Semi covered area near the AnE dept .. well organized tho i did make my eyes watter when the swab was stuck.up.my sneck.

Now residing in one of the very nice vip looms waiting surgery tomorrow ..

So close to fullfilling my dream.of gender reasignment

Dm
Nice room.
Get well soon.
Attachments
VIP room.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 15, 2021, 8:36 am

Zidane wrote:
May 15, 2021, 5:51 am
Good to see you got the operation in early pre season like all top sportsmen. :D
Thanks Zid ...and Mak

Anyone can use the internet nowadays to google symtoms of gall bladder stones infection inturn if any members would like info on my experience feel.frree to post ... from.initial check up to where to do surgery depending on budget , insurance covered or not.

FWIW .. my GB has not worked properply for several yrs and 11 stones filled it ... 9 1 bt coin size 2 bigger 5bt coin size but this varies from.case to case normally stones are smaller than this ... but ... just enough to make Dao a nice bracelet maybe ..
Surgery for me was key hole but sonetimes approx 10% of cases a full open operation is needed .
Recovering in nice room with frequent check ups by some very pretty nurses is a bonus .

Not had the full bill yet but at the moment circa 60k .. this compared to circa 200k BkkUdon etc

DM

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 15, 2021, 11:04 am

Have a speedy recovery Jon.
Probably getting off topic but:-

Looks very similar to the room I had in ward 5, BKK Udon, down to the floor coverings and kitchenette (7 days). Had 2 additional beds for Mrs Dero (bathing co-ordinator) and Step Daughter (general "goffa").

Just checked my bill for the week = Accommodation 6400 Baht and General medical equipment 3795 Baht, I assume that is the hire charges for drip pumps and vitals monitoring equipment in the room.

All up 135K Baht which included foot surgery under general anesthetic and consultations with the cardiologist I see in there who came to check on me every day.
Attachments
Bkk Udon 2.jpg
Bkk Udon 1.jpg
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 15, 2021, 1:10 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 14, 2021, 8:43 pm
tamada wrote:

Change of plan at last minute ..doc siad be a big shame to have such a splendid sausage in a pickling jar on mankle piece so instead of gender reasignment had mi gall blaader out in stead .. looking at what was inside ir pleased i did.

As info ..90 % of ppl have gall stones which fir many remain asymtomatic until the latter years

Dm
Get well soon DM need to meet up for a laugh, now back in Thailand hopefully your fit and restrictions lifted in 2 weeks when I get out of jail. Probably asking for too much as it's like the perfect storm in a tea cup for all to go right, hold on tea cup tea what's missing a Rowie but I'm sure Deans quietly making and testing them all

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 15, 2021, 2:17 pm

Thanks guys ..

My Scotish ancestry means im.keeping a close eye on the bill .. the 60k so far includes 2 covid pcr tests .prior to op the. main surgery and an addon cost as i went for no stitch or clip wound repair looks like its super glue ???

Room charges and extras to go on bill day go home ..room.very nice have 3 choices all have extra bed sofa n kitchen ..hospiral food ok.

Back on topic more .. Dao went to the admin office n the covid test area had a few waiting but this area has seen quite low covid numbers compared to.others

Dm

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 15, 2021, 3:55 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 15, 2021, 1:10 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 14, 2021, 8:43 pm
tamada wrote:

Dm
You should have kept what they took out and made haggis - Sorry that was an offal joke

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 15, 2021, 5:39 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 15, 2021, 8:36 am
Zidane wrote:
May 15, 2021, 5:51 am
Thanks Zid ...and Mak

Anyone can use the internet nowadays to google symtoms of gall bladder stones infection inturn if any members would like info on my experience feel.frree to post ... from.initial check up to where to do surgery depending on budget , insurance covered or not.

FWIW .. my GB has not worked properply for several yrs and 11 stones filled it ... 9 1 bt coin size 2 bigger 5bt coin size but this varies from.case to case normally stones are smaller than this ... but ... just enough to make Dao a nice bracelet maybe ..
Surgery for me was key hole but sonetimes approx 10% of cases a full open operation is needed .
Recovering in nice room with frequent check ups by some very pretty nurses is a bonus .

Not had the full bill yet but at the moment circa 60k .. this compared to circa 200k BkkUdon etc

DM
Need to compare scars one day DM. I had mines removed in my mid 30's. Bloody big 10 inch scar. Was walking about like a half shut knife for weeks. Hope you are well soon.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2021, 1:38 pm

Thanks Alex .. 4 small.scars where tge surgeon put his keys ...now glued up no stitches or clips .. the GB came out my naval by all.accounts .

Hopefully doc reckons can go home tomorrow .. against advice and demands of the numerous prettty nurses who havent had their turn to bed bath me yet ... must be on the mend got a semi on this morning when cleaner came in .

Dm

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » May 16, 2021, 1:50 pm

Get well Jon!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 16, 2021, 2:05 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 16, 2021, 1:38 pm
Thanks Alex .. 4 small.scars where tge surgeon put his keys ...now glued up no stitches or clips .. the GB came out my naval by all.accounts .

Hopefully doc reckons can go home tomorrow .. against advice and demands of the numerous prettty nurses who havent had their turn to bed bath me yet ... must be on the mend got a semi on this morning when cleaner came in .

Dm
Ladyboy cleaner?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2021, 4:34 pm

Charlieb wrote:
May 16, 2021, 1:50 pm
Get well Jon!
Thanks Charlie

DR .. strangely no twas a standard female which made the semi furnominom even more epic...

Just seen Doc n reckons all went ok.. reading his adivised post surgery diet and lifestyle changes over the next month its pretty grim ...

Dm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 18, 2021, 7:10 am

Quick update.

After a final consultation with the Doc i was cleared to leave hospital yesterday and now back at home /office in Udon... missed my dogs and the intersection upon which so much has happened whilst away.

My final bill was 66k .. this included the laparoscopic / key hole Surgery , Glue option on wounds so no stitches or clips ,numerous nurse visits :D , 4 nights nice room , all meds and food ..

To add

As per this thread topic 2 covid PCR tests which totaled 5,500 bt INCLUDED within the overall 66k final payment. The documentation confirming the 2 negative PCR tests came back same day in Thai language as did not request in English.

As a heads up ref gall bladder issues .. my op went ok but the doc confirmed yesterday it was not standard and took twice as long as normal due to the poor state of my long deceased gall bladder which was packed full of black stones to the point of imminent rupture which leads to bile infecting the abdomen and intestines etc that is not easy to treat and can be fatal in a relatively short space of time.
Also in my case previous ultrasound checks did not show up individual stones just a black mass and it was the doc at TCPH who advised surgery as in his opinion (which turned out spot on) my GB was not functioning and had not for between 8 to 10 years thus also again proven correct on the size of the stones that were found inside 9 x 1bt size and 2 x 5bt size which was quite shocking... the relic of a decade of eating drinking too much of the wrong things.

Guess all im saying is if any members have symtoms of gallstones get it checked out and dont leave it and brush it off year after year .. 90% of people have them many dont even know and never will , i acted as in recent months the pain and discomfort became to obvious.. looks like i dodged a bullet.

Now on the mend and thanks to all who send their best wishes whilst i was in hospital .. and on UM .. Tam sent me a rather funny video but blooming painful when i laughed.. this is logged for future reference wee marn. :lol:

Got a pic of the bagged up 9 smaller stones if anyone wishes to view :shock: ??? .. the two larger were upon request kept by the hospital for use in student teaching ...oh and a pic of the DM 6 pack incisions made by the Doc which has a rather funny quip to go with it ...

Not gorey but dunno if should post em really ... I NEVER WISH TO OFFEND ?????

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2021, 8:42 am

Welcome back DM. A good result with a prognosis for an extended tenure among us other mere mortals with manufacturer's warranties that have also long expired. You can get most stuff on lazada these days but not that apparently.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2021, 8:47 am

But still no update on the re-assignment. :-k

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 18, 2021, 9:32 am

tamada wrote:
May 18, 2021, 8:42 am
Welcome back DM. A good result with a prognosis for an extended tenure among us other mere mortals with manufacturer's warranties that have also long expired. You can get most stuff on lazada these days but not that apparently.
Who knows what the future holds ... DIY home key hole surgery kits ????
jackspratt wrote:
May 18, 2021, 8:47 am
But still no update on the re-assignment. :-k
I chickened out .. when push to come shove (giving / receiving) i decided i had become far to attached to my man sausage to have it lopped off n stuck in a jar .. so Jack ... its still Jon not Joanna.

Back in the real world .. if anyone wants to do a PCR covid test although it appeared to be on a walk in basis i would call ahead to TCPH to check.

Gall bladder stones or other issues .. over the course of the last 12 months my symptoms were.

Gassed up abdomen
General abdominal discomfort
Pain in right upper abdomen .. varying in severity
Pain in Right Shoulder / ache in upper right arm
Change in toilet habit .. the shits for want of a better term.

DM

johndischert1
udonmap.com

Post by johndischert1 » May 19, 2021, 1:58 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 8, 2021, 8:36 pm
It would be interesting to compare prices - not that at the end of the day, it makes much difference.

Australia at the end of January - A$150, or TBH3650 currently. Probably a bit more expensive then based on FX.

I think we have had returnees from the US and UK (and possibly other places) since then.

Can anyone add to this database?
I had RT-PCR in US prior to travel at CVS $139.. I have had some tell me they went to Walgreens and it was no charge...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2021, 8:33 am

This may be of interest to those seeking a PCR test in Bangkok.
Screenshot_20210524-231213_1.jpg

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”