Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: Pfizer 2nd dose today

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 16, 2021, 6:13 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 16, 2021, 3:51 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 16, 2021, 3:48 pm

Any members experienced other side effects ??

Nothing here - even less than the minor 1st dose effects.

As for Leo :drunk:
Agree 100%, as with the 1st dose I headed straight for the fridge (too the horror of some members who associate with quacks and/or witch doctors) and did not change my life style for the 2nd. ABSOLUTELY NO effect from the doses.

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » September 16, 2021, 7:12 pm

runrunshaw wrote:
September 16, 2021, 9:56 am
I didn't go to the Government Hospital to get my Vaccine Passport, went to the Udon Health Office. Didn't want to go to a place full of sick people, hard to park, etc. It's actually in a building adjacent to the Udon Health Office. Same deal when you get there: your passport, a copy if you have one, 50 baht (pay upstairs), and I showed them my docs showing I got Sinovac and Pfizer. No crowds, very easy, nice service. Told me to come back in seven days.
What countries accept a sinovac and pfizer?? Or is that one shot of sinovac and two pfizer?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 16, 2021, 9:32 pm

I’ve perked up now 👍

Funnily enough it was my opposite shoulder to the injection that was more painful earlier. The vaccination site was only mildly tender but the heartburn was unbearable. Eaten something for the first time today & it all seems tickety boo.

Didn’t experience any of this first time around, in fact I didn’t even notice anything
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » September 16, 2021, 10:07 pm

No problems with either jab. Wife had mild discomfort around injection point after 1st jab, hasn't gotten the 2nd yet.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 17, 2021, 8:57 am

Acquired the Second jab last Wednesday , the only discomfort was at the injection site for 24 hours, p;robably due to the location she injected me, higher up the arm . A little lethargic on Thursday but today fine.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » September 17, 2021, 9:47 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
September 16, 2021, 7:12 pm
runrunshaw wrote:
September 16, 2021, 9:56 am
I didn't go to the Government Hospital to get my Vaccine Passport, went to the Udon Health Office. Didn't want to go to a place full of sick people, hard to park, etc. It's actually in a building adjacent to the Udon Health Office. Same deal when you get there: your passport, a copy if you have one, 50 baht (pay upstairs), and I showed them my docs showing I got Sinovac and Pfizer. No crowds, very easy, nice service. Told me to come back in seven days.
What countries accept a sinovac and pfizer?? Or is that one shot of sinovac and two pfizer?
It's evolving as more and more countries adopt a mix-and-match policy to get the most people jabbed quickly. Since the Udon Health Office won't give me a second shot of Pfizer, and since I may have to make a trip to South Korea, I have to take what I can get.

South Korea recognizes seven WHO approved vaccines: COVID-19: Quarantine exemption for travelers in S Korea only for those fully vaccinated with WHO-approved dose
Read more At:
https://www.aninews.in/news/world/asia/ ... 617201152/

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/coronaviru ... -it-so-far

"Several countries have opted to mix different brands of the Covid vaccine, with others, including Russia and South Korea, mulling the option over. Many have established large-scale clinical trials and studies to determine the strategy’s efficacy, with multiple countries deeming the strategy safe and effective in handling the pandemic."
The best gadget is the human brain.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » September 17, 2021, 10:56 am

Thanks.
Very important and useful info.
Any recent info about mixes allowed in Japan - Vietnam - Malaysia ?
Keep up the good work.
Stay safe.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 18, 2021, 4:47 pm

timmy wrote:
September 16, 2021, 12:14 pm
i also just been to the Udon health office ( building 1 ) in and out in 10 mins No body else applying while i was there , can park straight outside the office , back in 7 days to pickup ...very easy , No walking for us " Fatty's "..
Is this the same offices at which the Pfizer registrations were done ie the Udon Ministry of Public health?

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » September 19, 2021, 9:55 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 18, 2021, 4:47 pm
timmy wrote:
i also just been to the Udon health office ( building 1 ) in and out in 10 mins No body else applying while i was there , can park straight outside the office , back in 7 days to pickup ...very easy , No walking for us " Fatty's "..
Is this the same offices at which the Pfizer registrations were done ie the Udon Ministry of Public health?
its the same complex but a different building , building number 1 , just to the left as you go in the main gates easy to find .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 19, 2021, 5:11 pm

Thanks timmy. 👍

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2021, 9:59 am

Mrs tam advises of an unfortunate happenstance with yai. The word was out that Pfizer jabs for oldies were being dispensed at Nong Sai so they popped out that way, just 5 minutes down the road. Mrs tam wasn't allowed to enter the jab location due to it being "only for the elderly" which seemed a bit strange but maybe crowd control for a small venue? Anyway, turns out yai got jabbed with Sinovac and NOT Pfizer and she wasn't given any choice. She's back home and had headaches and been feeling crook ever since, maybe 4 days now. Looks like a horrible bait and switch being perpetrated out there as they try and use up the Chinese vaccines that nobody else wants.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 20, 2021, 10:29 am

tamada wrote:
September 20, 2021, 9:59 am
Mrs tam advises of an unfortunate happenstance with yai. The word was out that Pfizer jabs for oldies were being dispensed at Nong Sai so they popped out that way, just 5 minutes down the road. Mrs tam wasn't allowed to enter the jab location due to it being "only for the elderly" which seemed a bit strange but maybe crowd control for a small venue? Anyway, turns out yai got jabbed with Sinovac and NOT Pfizer and she wasn't given any choice.
Sorry to hear that.
But “The word was out that Pfizer jabs for oldies were being dispensed” seems less than an authoritative communication from the health authorities. So the bait and switch came from?

That the foreign oldies can get Pfizer is well documented, that few Thai are getting it is also reasonably well known, that you don’t get a menu is also well known.

When I got my jab it was 4,000 Thai getting sinovac, I think though, maybe AZ and 200 foreigners getting Pfizer
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 20, 2021, 2:05 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 20, 2021, 10:29 am
tamada wrote:
September 20, 2021, 9:59 am
Mrs tam advises of an unfortunate happenstance with yai. The word was out that Pfizer jabs for oldies were being dispensed at Nong Sai so they popped out that way, just 5 minutes down the road. Mrs tam wasn't allowed to enter the jab location due to it being "only for the elderly" which seemed a bit strange but maybe crowd control for a small venue? Anyway, turns out yai got jabbed with Sinovac and NOT Pfizer and she wasn't given any choice.
Sorry to hear that.
But “The word was out that Pfizer jabs for oldies were being dispensed” seems less than an authoritative communication from the health authorities. So the bait and switch came from?

That the foreign oldies can get Pfizer is well documented, that few Thai are getting it is also reasonably well known, that you don’t get a menu is also well known.

When I got my jab it was 4,000 Thai getting sinovac, I think though, maybe AZ and 200 foreigners getting Pfizer
Unfortunately I am not in Thailand and this forum is my source of what the current vaccination situation is in Udon but it is skewed towards what they're doing for foreigners. What I have paraphrased is the experience of yai and Mrs Tam's opinion. I don't follow whatever Thai media streams, official or otherwise that brought out a lot of people seeking vaccination in Nong Sai before last weekend but if Mrs tam says they feel they've been cheated, I only have her word on that.

In our household, there's been the usual reluctance to get vaccinated, especially from the elderly members (not me!). However, the youngest niece had already received her second Sinovac shot and reported the usual aches, pains and discomforts from BOTH jabs. Her experience had only bolstered yai's reluctance to get jabbed, especially with the vaccine that "nobody wants" or "isn't as good as some others". Maybe it was case of only hearing what one wanted to hear or people being told what they wanted to be told. Either way, the end result is yai saying there's no way she's going for any second shot of Sinovac.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 20, 2021, 3:11 pm

There is ample misinformation going out through unofficial sources or on the jungle drums. The youngest niece has the right attitude, yai is regrettably holding a common, though mistaken, opinion.

Given any choice Sinovac would be the last option, but even Sinovac is streets better than an unvaccinated infection, and while a single Sinovac isn’t giving that much protection it too is significantly better than nothing.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 20, 2021, 3:34 pm

September 20, 2021, 3:11 pm
There is ample misinformation going out through unofficial sources or on the jungle drums. The youngest niece has the right attitude, yai is regrettably holding a common, though mistaken, opinion.

Given any choice Sinovac would be the last option, but even Sinovac is streets better than an unvaccinated infection, and while a single Sinovac isn’t giving that much protection it too is significantly better than nothing.
Yes agree STWW .. just gotta make sure Yai gets a second shot and its AZ Tam .. i think thats the latest set twin jab now across the Thai community vaccinations , not hearing of anymore Sinovac 2 shots.
All the factory staff next door to us were down for Sino x 2 then that went out the window and changed Sino x 1 AZ x 1 ..all be done today including Daos niece who slipped in as an employee there :shock:

I know for sure some Thais are getting 2 x AZ .... but i not heard of any Thais getting Pfizer in Udon.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 20, 2021, 3:48 pm

Front line workers (Thais) are getting Pfizer

Front-line medics get donated Pfizer as US pledges another $55m for Thailand
https://www.nationthailand.com/pr-news/ ... s/40004478

Health Ministry starts distribution of Pfizer August 11
https://thethaiger.com/news/national/he ... -of-pfizer

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 20, 2021, 4:10 pm

^ both links are articles dated August 10th.

Not really sure the relevance or use on September 20th but thanks for trying
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 20, 2021, 4:14 pm

timmy wrote:
September 19, 2021, 9:55 am
jackspratt wrote:
September 18, 2021, 4:47 pm
timmy wrote:
its the same complex but a different building , building number 1 , just to the left as you go in the main gates easy to find .
An update on today's experience seeking my vaccine passport (VP).

I found Building 1 at the MoPH, and staff took my passport, pink ID card and vaccination certificate to copy. At the same time, I asked them if they could update my missing passport number on the vaccination certificate. A short time later someone came out of the office, said they couldn't do the VP, and directed me to UT Public Hospital.

They said the hospital could update the certificate with my passport number.

I ran into a couple of American guys who were about to go into the MoPH, told them of my experience, and wished them luck.

So off to UTPH, where I was lucky enough to find a legit car park close by. Navigated my way to the Medical Records office, where they weren't interested in my ID card. Filled out the form they gave me, off to the cashier to pay my 50 baht, and back to the office to sign my blank VP, and get an appointment slip to return on 30 Sept.

But they were not able/willing to update my vaccination certificate.

A delightful lunch at the Little Italian Restaurant, some more business around town, and back to Ban Dung.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 20, 2021, 4:22 pm

Went today with a friend
Got done in about 1 hour
He had errors on form at end
wrong birth date
No passport number
both were fixed there

I did see other peoples forms as they walked away no passport numbers

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 20, 2021, 4:44 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 20, 2021, 3:34 pm
September 20, 2021, 3:11 pm

Yes agree STWW .. just gotta make sure Yai gets a second shot and its AZ Tam .. i think thats the latest set twin jab now across the Thai community vaccinations , not hearing of anymore Sinovac 2 shots.
All the factory staff next door to us were down for Sino x 2 then that went out the window and changed Sino x 1 AZ x 1 ..all be done today including Daos niece who slipped in as an employee there :shock:

I know for sure some Thais are getting 2 x AZ .... but i not heard of any Thais getting Pfizer in Udon.

DM
Sorry Doodoo i should have added other than frontline workers ... i was really meaning Thais in the general population NOT frontline.

it was imperative to check and double check the document generated at the last station after the second jab... pleased you got sorted Jack.

DM

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”